Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New blind guy

Started by appleyard, May 22, 2014, 01:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

You humble me good sir and I can assure you it is no trouble and a great pleasure to be of assistance. I will save you the trouble of the search and assure you there is such a badge known as the "cookie badge" with a little picture of a chocolate chip cookie with a bite out of it (yum!) and I have indeed received it already. It is a great pleasure to know though I am still worthy of it so thank you even if I am unable to help resolve this problem for you.

As for the coding I believe I still remember how to do this though it's been a few years. You'll have to forgive me if I ask something rather silly.

That being said it sounds like you're running into an issue with Jaws fighting with our website banner. We have an image drawn by our wonderful admin Tally that also has some menu tabs such as "world" page and your aforementioned "advertise/affiliate"

As for it calling modify I wonder so much if it's actually missing the link and going for the subject head but then you said you're getting the hook...hmm. Alright forgive me but remind me again what the four-point cursor is? I don't know if that is JAWs specific or something I'm missing. Is it the form one for the internet (I think we called that PC virtual but I can't remember anymore) or just the simple PC one?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

appleyard

In this house there are many doors... no wait, not that.

All right, there exists for all computers at all times, and in all ways, three cursers: the invisible curser, or the image curser, depending on what version of OS is being used; the PC curser, which is for the keyboard & only the keyboard; and the pointer curser, this is for the mouse, and only for the mouse. Most of the time a program doesn't delineate tasks for the PC curser and for the mouse curser, allowing one to use both. Sometimes however, they are, certain dialogue boxes for instance, require you to point and click on them with the "pointer" mouse curser. The more famous ones are the hover drop down menu, or the oh so new anti-bot programs that require you to drag and drop specific items to specific places. For most of you, it's not important, the mouse is there and the GYI was designed with the mouse in mind. This is the catch; all screen-readers are designed to ignore the mouse. I can in fact move my mouse around all I want, and it won't impact JAWS in the slightest. Older screen-readers, Such as JAWS 2.0 and earlier, as well as any screen-reader published before ninety-eight, was affected by the mouse, but not any more. Therefore, the only way I can activate the "pointer curser" is to turn off JAWs, which would be like me asking you to turn off your monitor and then do something... yeah, this doesn't remotely sound like a good idea to me either. :D       

My first emoticon.

For the moment, I'm just going to forget about it, and come back to it when I feel like handling a really good challenge. A really, really good challenge. There will be much tears and mashing of teeth.

Oh, the invisible curser allows you to hear aspects of the screen not accessible by the PC curser, but you can't actually do anything in that mode. I use it a lot, when examining what is normally heavily visual content to further extrapolate what I can about it.   

GoblinFae

AAAAAAHHHH now you force me to ask was it the Chronicles of Narnia or the Chronicles of Nandii you were quoting? (Both excellent reading material but I find not many have read the latter)

Also now that you mention it I remember that NVDA did was like that. Just was different terms I think or something. Sounds like I'm going to need to refresh myself on this to better help (not a problem as I'm excited by a new computer challenge) Hopefully it's like tying your shoelaces, even if you do only tie them the first time you buy new shoes and just jam your foot into them every time afterwards...never really do forget.

Wish you the best of luck. If I stumble upon any brilliant ideas (or incredibly stupid ones knowing me) I'll be sure to let you know :)

Also excellent job on your first emoticon!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

appleyard

Both of those are good works, but neither were what I was quoting.

"...In this house there are many doors, but my love resides in only one room, with only one door betwixt me and she. This house shall then be all I ever need. I shall thus guard this dwelling, for it is my palace, my castle forever more, for my love resides within. Here then the desperate cry within my soul, take up the sword, and hammer both, to build, defend, ensure. For within this house resides more than doors..."

From the fourth chapter of Beoddin of the Ice, by Gurten, one of the Icelandic sagas. I'm a sucker for old antiquated writings.

Oh, a pet peeve, do not say you have done something stupid in regards to anything you suggest to me, unless it involves jumping off cliffs in attempts to fly. We all err, most of the famous inventers erred multiple times.   

Paradox

You mean we're not allowed to suggest jumping off of cliffs? Well, I guess I'm not allowed to make any suggestions then!

Anyway, welcome to Spirits of the Earth, appleyard. My apologies for the delayed greeting. 

GoblinFae

Oh the horror! A book I haven't read! Well I thank you then as I have something new to be reading now as soon as I can get my hands on it.

And I can promise you I have no intentions of free falling cliff diving. While I have no fear of heights I do fear the ground. Heights never hurt anyone after all  :D
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]