Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Never Summer in the Snow

Started by GoblinFae, December 18, 2011, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Just take the compliment where it was offered, lass. I mean nothing untoward by it." Unless of course she wanted him to, but the simple truth of the matter was that Sasha genuinely liked women. They were interesting, all so very different. They were beautiful, whether they saw it that way or not. Telling them so...well, why wouldn't he?

He shrugged.

"And to be fair, a lot of the Connlaothians who come up here are running for their lives. Mages and all that. We can probably forgive them for not packing properly when they left in such a hurry, hey?"

GoblinFae

Zurna bowed her head and conceded to Sasha. "Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Ironically though," she continued, chuckling to herself, "I believe all the travelers I have met this past summer were Serenians. But, I do understand what you are saying. My youngest sister-in-law, Sonya, was from Connlaoth. She too was driven out because of her magic and came to us unprepared. I'm just surprised when the ones who have every intention of being here for whatever reason are not more prepared." She shrugged her shoulders though.

"Who knows? Certainly not me. Is there anything in particular you are looking to trade for Sasha? I am sure my brothers and I can find something you would need. Out of the twenty-six of us, there has to be something useful."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Anonymous

"You'd be surprised what they'll buy from me down there. Let me think..."

Sasha stroked his chin thoughtfully.

The markets in Connlaoth would take all sorts of things, even the useless little trinkets that people only ever carved to pass time in the winter darkness. Bone, soapstone - they had a bit of a thing about the pale, icy shade of blue that soapstone turned when it was polished - skins from the animals. Amber beads, or jet from the volcanic fields. The little twinkling sparkles of gold that were sometimes found in streams, no bigger than a speck of dust.  Preserved fish. Honey. Alcohol, definitely. Felted harness for horses, cloth. Anything like that.

If it was exotic, if they couldn't find anything like it elsewhere, some rich old bastard in Connlaoth would want it.

"With such a family, you have to have at least one carver. Whatever nonsense he made last winter, they'd love that. Same goes for any cloth you have spare, any skins...even seashells if you have any. As far as I can tell, most of them have never seen the ocean. If you tell them about a whale, they can hardly believe it - a beast as big as a house!?"

Food would work too of course, but he wouldn't suggest food. They had so many to feed as it was, it would have to be a struggle even with nearly thirty adults to share the load.

"Believe me, love. It's worth almost nothing to us, it's just how things are, but it's fascinating for them. Those strange foreigners from up north and their heathen ways..."

GoblinFae

Her mind turned to the several casks of strong mead she had made the past winter. 'I wonder if those would fetch a good price. I have heard of some who enjoy the "stronger stuff." Sasha could probably try it and see for himself. He would know better what will sell and what will not.'

Yet, the mention of skins had her also thinking of one in particular kept hidden and safe in a trunk in the smoke tent. 'It would fetch more than a fair price. I am sure we could barter it for all the supplies we need. But, do I really want to do that? It is all I have left of Ezra's memory. Do I even want that memory after what happened at the sacred grounds? Maybe it is best to let it go. Better check about those casts first. Maybe Fiscorn has bone hooks and things he could sell. I can always hunt and give him more elk bones later. I really need a new knife though.'

"I think I may be able to convince one of my older brothers to part with some of his bone hooks and things. He does get a bit finicky about these things," she told Sasha, sharing a small wink with him. "Although I do have some homemade mead if that will sell. You can try some with dinner if you would like. I do warn you however, it is quite strong. It would be best if you only partake in a little bit, if you have any at all. Shall I get you some?" Zurna offered, moving to get to her feet.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Anonymous

"Homemade mead will ALWAYS sell, lass. They love it. You'd think they never brewed anything themselves with how excited they get over it. If you're willing to part with it..."

Come on now. Really. He was only human. He was never going to say no to a free drink. Besides, his time here so far had been pretty fantastic - free food, now free booze, what on earth could there possibly be to top it?

GoblinFae

"Aye," she laughed patting him on the shoulder, "I'm more than willing to part with it. The stuff only becomes stronger it sits here and I would rather not find my brothers all lying in a heap because they decided winter was too boring." Zurna's brow raised in jest as she teased her brothers and retrieved a cask.

Cracking it open she filled two mugs with the burning liquid and passed one to Sasha. One finger raised up in warning before he could put it to his lips. "Drink slowly or you will end up spending more than one night here." A knowing smile played across her face as she disregarded her own advice and knocked back the entire mug like it was nothing. Mischievous eyes glowed in the firelight as she watched and waited.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

"You tell me that and then slam it back as though it's small beer..." Sasha laughed. "I'd almost think you were trying to get me to stay longer. Some scheme of your own, lass?"

Looks could be deceiving of course, but she wasn't all that big. If she was telling the truth about what to expect, either she had a truly magnificent alcohol tolerance for her size, or her liver would be raising a little white flag right about now!

He tipped the mug up in a salute, savouring the burn of the alcohol in his mouth. "S'good shit...oof -" he coughed as the kick she'd warned him about finally hit and a dull curl of heat uncoiled in the pit of his stomach, "this is really good shit!"

GoblinFae

Zurna smirked but said nothing in reply as she waited for her guest to drink. Laughter bubbled up at his reaction to it though. "It doesn't quite have the same affect when you've been drinking it all your life. Takes more than one to make that kick feel like dragon's fire."

"You should watch out for her sir," one of the other brothers piped up. "Z has drunk us all under the table over the years. Makes no sense but its the truth." The young man shrugged his shoulders and raised his hands in helpless fashion.

"Oh hush you!" his sister finally spoke up. "Don't listen to them, they're just sore that I'm going to trade it." The woman shook her head and chuckled. "Of course, if you wanted we could drink that is, if you don't consider it unprofessional. I'm not opposed either way." There was a playful, challenging gleam to her eyes. Zurna knew she probably could out-drink him, it was just a matter of whether or not he believed she could or not.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

"Bah, who cares about professionalism? I'm a trader, not a lawyer. How unprofessional can I really be as long as I don't cheat you out of a deal?"

This stuff was really good. He'd get quite a lot for it down south, but taking it down there would mean he never got to have any, and that would just be sad. So very sad. He may have to cry if that turned out to be the case.

He could see the look on her face too. There was definitely a challenge there. Fine. He had no problem with that whatsoever. If she wanted to play...it was on for young and old.

"Top me up would you please, lovey?"

The worst that would happen was that he'd wake up with a sore head. Right?

GoblinFae

Zurna snickered and did as requested, bringing the heavy cask over with her as she returned to sit by the fire. "Are you sure you can handle this Sasha? Such an honorable man like yourself could turn truly interesting once given such a potent drink. Can you live with the consequences that may come morning?"

Pacing herself, she took a small sip of her drink, humming in appreciation of the burn it left in her throat and stomach. "To your health," she toasted with a laugh, raising her mug in his direction. "May the best woman win." With a wink she stared him down over the rim of her drink, waiting for his move.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

"I'll try to behave myself."

May the best woman win, she said...hahaha no. Sorry, but no. Tough as she undoubtedly was, he wasn't about to let that happen.

GoblinFae

She drained another mug of it, savoring the burn that it left in its wake. "Behave? Excuse me for doubting you." The men in the tent exchanged looks with each other and quietly began to take bets as they stilled to watch their little sister.

"Are you a betting man Sasha? Perhaps we could play a bit of game since you are going to be here until morning for sure now." Zurna was fighting the urge to laugh as she sat there calmly, waiting. She loved putting a man in his place, especially when he thought he was better than her at something.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

"Name your prize. Or, you know, you could tell me what I get as a prize?"

It was so much fun to stir her up. So much.

GoblinFae

"What you get? Why you lazy bum! Figure out what you want yourself, I won't do it for you." Around them some of Zurna's more vocal brothers hooted and hollered at their sister's gibe. "But, as for my prize," she trailed off pursing her lips in thought.

Zurna took a sip of her drink as she thought about what she wanted or needed. 'I shouldn't use this as a way to cheat him out of a deal. It wouldn't be right and mother would never forgive me. But, what then do I want from him?'

"Perhaps we should decide terms when we have imbibed a bit more and are a bit more free of tongue. It would be more fun that way don't you think?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

"I can live with that. Whenever you feel the urge, you know, just name your terms."

He did love games. Games with pretty girls were an excellent way to pass the time. When they involved copious amounts of excellent alcohol...well, there wouldn't be any complaints here. Not from him!

Come to think of it, he'd have to pass by here again. This booze was MAGNIFICENT.

GoblinFae

Zurna raised her mug and arched her brow. "Will do." Then, just as quickly as before she tossed back another round. Two more followed in rapid succession before she paused to breathe. The warm burn that was accumulating in her throat and belly made her smile lazily as she filled the mug up again.

"Still sure you can keep up Sasha? You're looking a little glass-eyed already," she goaded playfully. "Not ready to stop already are you? I can if you wish. I'm not opposed to winning." Her tongue poked out from her lips as she quickly stuck it out in jest.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]