Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Most Dangerous Tango

Started by Juno, December 30, 2011, 06:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He wasn't very amused by this, not at all. She'd been so...well, sweet in her sleep. Perhaps because she wasn't talking and wasn't angry and wasn't threatening such terrible things.

Her answer had not been what he expected, but then again what did he really expect from her? Sincerity? Rare. Honesty? Hardly. What she said got him quite curious, though, and he gently lifted the cat from his lap as he stood.

"What, you're going to yell and scream that I'm hurting you if I so much as touch you and then you're going to try and walk out of here? On your own? Where do you need to be?" The last question was a gentle demand as he quickly went to the door, wanting to block her from it.

GoblinFae

"Caden," she sighed, watching him move to the door. "Please, do not start this again. I am begging you." She really was. She had no energy to fight him now. She was just too weary from it all, the job, the running, the twisting words, the hiding, him. Something inside her snapped, she was not going to stand for this, again.

"Yes Caden!" She yelled, aggravated now. "On my own! What I do and who I see is none of your concern. You have no authority over me, no ties to me. Stop acting like a spoiled brat who has had his toy taken away from him. I am not what you think I am. It is better for your sake if you just stay away from me." She was still standing by the bed but, was fully dressed now.

'Why do I feel so defeated, so helpless? Why is it his concern tears me to pieces? It was one night! Nothing even happened? Is this what guilt feels like? This gnawing, crushing feeling is going to be the death of me.' She bowed her head feeling tears of weariness burn at her eyes. 'I need to end this. I need to kill this Remina and then I need to get as far away from here as possible. He is just going to hurt me like everyone else before.'

"Please move Caden. I have work to do. You would not understand."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

It bothered him that she felt such...duty, even when she was in so much pain. Hearing her yell at him over it was equally as bad, though, and he winced for her words but still stood in front of the door. "Please, Tiraris?"

His eyes were pleading as he stood there, looking quite helpless as she put up such a front against him. "Work? Are you out of your mind? You're going to go after someone when you're like this? TIraris...I don't want you getting hurt! Why don't you just...stay? Stay in bed? Get some more rest? Please, don't push yourself for this...money isn't worth it if that's what you're after..." Caden's voice was becoming strained with emotions as the demon was at a loss for just how he was going to find a way to protect her and keep her safe, healthy and...relatively happy.

GoblinFae

She sighed, running her hand through her hair before wincing at the jolt of pain it brought. "It is not about the money Caden. It is something more. I told you will not understand. Can you just let it go? Why do you persist? Why do you even care? I am not going to go do anything rash. If I was a rash person I would have died a long time ago."

Now she was in his face again, her finger jabbing into his chest as she got angrier. "You expect me to listen to you, to obey you even, after only knowing you for one night, yet you cannot find it within yourself to trust in me. Your expectations are ridiculous and unrealistic. I am not that kind of girl to just fall so easily. Stop treating me as such!"

She was feeling light-headed again, her breath whistling as it entered and left her nose quickly. Throwing up her hands she looked away from him. "Fine! Congratulations, you win! Get some clothes on, you are coming with me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"No, I'm not letting it go! And you know...you know why I care!" he whined, a frustrated sigh escaping him as she got in his face.

"It wasn't just one, it's two now! And I put up with your ridiculousness, I put up with you cutting me! I put up with you just...passing out in the alley! You would be dead if it weren't for me! And Tiraris..." He tried desperately to calm himself, but her being in his face was really not helping at all.

"I don't think I'm being unrealistic at all, asking you to keep yourself safe and not strain yourself! I care, dammit! I fucking care about you, okay?! I don't know why, I know we haven't known each other for long, but I honestly do...I want to help...I want to be...to be...-- Wait, you're letting me go?" Blinking, his frown slowly disappeared and was replaced by a gentler smile.

"Thank you," was all he said as he flew across the room to finish getting his boots and cloak on. He was back in a flash, though, and swooped down to press the softest brush of a kiss he could manage to her cheek. "You're special to me, is what I'm saying... Now let's get going, just...be careful."

GoblinFae

She ignored his replies not wishing to continue the argument. It already took so much more out of her than it should have. 'He is lying you know. He does not care, no one cares about you! You are worthless. You are a murderer! He is just like all the others. Once he has you, he will throw you back into the gutter. Play the game Tiraris. Beat him at his own game and it will be you walking away laughing. Use him and lose him.' After listening to the same thoughts filled with years worth of regret and pain nonstop for over a month, Tiraris was very immersed in the lies. It would not be long before she would believe nothing but them. 'You always destroy that which is yours. Do not be a fool and let it happen again, her heart cried to her faintly.

She grunted at his thanks before flinching as he moved to kiss her. When his back was turned to her again she looked at him surprise. The barest trace of a smile graced her features before disappearing again. 'He did not hurt me. Maybe he really does care.'

"Come Caydence," she called to the cat as she walked out the door into the humid night.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

As they left, Caden trailed along after her. He was dedicated to acting as her bodyguard tonight, he wanted no mishaps and no nonsense. When they hit the main streets, though, he immediately sensed something was amiss.

Narrowing his brows, he looked all around them. Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing. Not a thing that he could tell. Was he just imagining it? Oh, but there was something... Off in the distance, many blocks over, he heard the faintest cries, whimpers, and sobs. "Tiraris," he started cautiously, wondering if she heard it too.

The noises were picking up and he was able to pinpoint them now, just off at the edge of town ahead of them. "Tiraris...there's something wrong..."

Shuffling, sniffles, chatter and outrage. Sobbing, and then comforting voices.

"Baby brother..."

The voice laughed, amused as she kept herself just far enough away. Just enough, but still close.

Remina... What had she done? He suspected the worst, but was almost afraid of going to see what was happening. He hated seeing death. The absolute gore of his sister's killings were horrendous and vile.

"Tiraris...let's not go this way," he pleaded.

GoblinFae

Tiraris moved swiftly through the streets listening intently for any sounds that indicated trouble. It was when they reached the main roads that she heard it. The sobs and cries were a common sound to her ears, especially recently. 'Not another death. Please not now,' she begged taking off at run.

Her ears led her to the spot and she almost sobbed at what she saw. The tiny body of the little girl was unrecognizable. It was hard to even imagine it as once being human. A woman, 'the mother, her mind supplied, was sobbing hysterically as neighbors tried to calm her. Tiraris stood on the outskirts of the circle just watching stoically. 'I was too late.  Again I fail to end this. Another innocent gone.'

She was numb to the gore, it was the loss of innocence that bothered her. 'Would it kill her to give respect to the kill? No, animals do not know anything of honor and respect!' Caydence began to mewl and pace in front of one of the alleys. "Hush Caydence," she called after the cat not understanding what the cat was trying to tell her. Her voice startled the crowd and they parted revealing her form to the distraught mother. "I am sorry for your loss, madam."

Furious the woman began screaming. "How dare you! How dare you show your face here. For a month now we have heard your apologies and you have done nothing to stop them from having to be given. You are as much a monster as the one that killed my baby." At the mention of her child, the mother began sobbing anew.

Tiraris lowered he head in shame. Sorrow consumed her so much, she never heard the woman stand. She never heard the running feet and she most certainly did not see the fist headed right for her face.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Even with his urgings, she'd gone off to see. I'm sorry, Tiraris...please don't look. He knew she would, though. Caden, though, wandered a bit toward the unmistakeable voice of his sister. "I'll be just a minute," he'd mumbled.

It wasn't long before he saw a shimmer of that those black and gold locks in the moonlight from a distance. "Stop playing, just come out."

"No, let's play, come find me..."

"Fine." After following her for about a minute more, though, he finally saw through what trick she was trying to pull this time. Stopping, he turned right back around to go back where he'd left Tiraris. Ridiculous, I don't have time for this.

"Caden," she purred as he felt a hand on his shoulder to stop him. Of course she wanted to talk.

"Remina, what did you do?"

"Just a snack, dear brother, that's all!" she said cheerily, the tips of her claws still visible as they still retreated back beneath her skin.

"You killed."

"Go see for yourself." A grin. Those teal eyes blinking as she stared.

"Get lost, you disgust me," he finally said, shoving her away from himself as he began to jog back through the alley he'd wandered down. Distraction. Mistake.

He hadn't heard the yelling of the woman, but it was quiet now. Far too quiet. Breaking out into a full-on run, he rounded the corner to a frightful sight. Tiraris standing, a woman poised to attack, and the stench of death and another scent, that of the demon he knew so well, was there. "Tiraris!" he called out, surging forward to grab the woman's arm. "Don't you dare touch her! She has done nothing to you lot!"

Caden lifted his eyes to the body, or rather mess, of the little girl that had once been. Wincing, he forced the woman back a few steps and dragged her arm down. "She's mine, don't touch her," he hissed in warning. "I'm sorry for this, but please...don't touch her." A glance over his shoulder to Tiraris after he'd let the woman go.

"What- Nevermind, let's just go." He stepped toward her and the cat sitting beside her, gesturing for her to lead the way.

GoblinFae

Stoically, Tiraris watched Caden defend her and claim her. 'He called me his. He claimed me as his own. He...likes...me. He cares for me. He really cares for me. He is going to hate me. He is going to really hate me when he finds out the truth. Should I tell him? Should I let it run its course? His eyes are really pretty when he is angry.' It is interesting the places the mind will go when in shock. Every thought Tiraris had was emotionless. There was no warring between her heart and mind, there was only thought. On the one hand it was a good thing, she at last was seeing things rationally. On the other, she was opening herself up for further pain and suffering if she let herself become involved with him.

When she realized he was talking to her she nodded her head vaguely not really listening. 'Do I tell him?' rang out in her head slicing through her numb state. Slowly she reached her hand out placing it in his much larger one and giving it a small squeeze, despite the pain it caused her. Refusing to let go of his hand she led him in silence to the place where she had been staying before he had found her. Breaking the silence as they entered the room she said seriously, "Caden, we need to talk."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Holding her hand as gently as an angry demon could, he followed her. As they went, his free hand was clenched into a fist, even once they were finally inside and alone again. On the inside, he was positively fuming, but he tried not to show it on his face. There was a particular fire dancing in his eyes, however.

He thought about Remina, of her showing her face to him for the first time in a long while, and then of Tiraris. He wondered why she hadn't defended herself. Is something else wrong? His eyes flickered to give her a quick once-over, but he saw no injuries or anything else of note to be out of the ordinary. Then, she spoke.

Talk? Oh no. She's mad, isn't she...about what I said. You should have known, stupid fool of a man... She doesn't want you doing things like that in public, she's mad you stepped in, or maybe it's that I went off.

"Okay," he said hesitantly, voice still a bit rough from yelling at the woman before. His hand tightened a bit on her own. He didn't want to lose this again. Not after spending so long searching for her, not after seeing just a glimpse of her feelings. Whether she was honest about why or not, he knew her healing him had been a great sacrifice on her part.

He cared. He really did. Caden just stood there, worried about all the things she might start berating him for.

GoblinFae

She moved them over to the bed and gently nudged Caden until he sat down on it. She placed her hands on his shoulders looking over his head at the wall behind him. "We need to talk," she repeated. "Or rather I need to talk and I need you to listen. I need you to hear everything and I need you not to speak until I am done, or I will lose my nerve. There is so much that needs saying and I-gods above I am rambling!"

She blinked her eyes rapidly trying to clear them and took a deep breath. Looking back down at Caden, she could not help becoming entranced by his eyes. 'Do not lose your nerve. This has to be done before anything can proceed. Whatever anything is anyway.'

"My name is Tiraris Silverd'art and I am an assassin. Yes, I know you already know this but there is more. I am an assassin, a destroyer and taker of life bought by the highest bidder. I hold no allegiances, no loyalties, no ties to anyone or anything. My very existence is my duty. I do nothing needlessly. Not even our meeting was coincidental. I knew who and what you were before I even stepped through the door. I was using you that night. I needed you to give me information so I could do my job.

"But, we were interrupted. Which is good, really good in fact because I realized something. I did not want to hurt you, I hurt everyone whoever gets close to me and I did not want that to be you. That night I was like the old me and I liked it. But, I was frightened by it and I pushed you away to protect you, to protect us both. I am rambling again," she ran her hand through her hair as fat tears glistened in her eyes.

Pulling herself together she tried again. "I lied when I said I was hoping you would die when I healed you. At worst I would have died. You were never really at risk. I do not know why I did it, guilt maybe. Who knows?" she laughed hysterically. 'Tell him!'

"Caden I-" her voice cracked as tears raced down her cheeks. 'Gods give me strength I cannot do this to him.'

"Caden I wanted to thank you, for today and yesterday. I know you care and I...I care too," she said breaking down into sobs as she threw herself into his embrace. She clutched to him desperately not caring about the pain just that this moment did not end. "Please forgive me," she sobbed. 'Please forgive me for what I have to do.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

At her urgings, he'd sat himself down on the bed, but his eyes had taken on a concerned and worried look as she danced around even starting whatever it was she wanted to say. There's something wrong, I knew it. She's going to tell me to leave again...

Obeying, he remained quiet, if tight-lipped. He wondered what she meant by the "old her." He wondered what it was about it that she liked, that she felt bad about and didn't want to hurt him.

The tears were evident enough, even before they began to fall. Her dark eyes twinkled with the moisture and Caden fought with himself to not make a move. There was something about this that wasn't exactly...right. She was telling him things, being sincere. Usually she was just the opposite, a hoarder of her thoughts and feelings, always lashing out.

As the tears began to fall, though, he couldn't help the twitch of his hand. He placed his hands to her shoulders, trying to coax her in closer, but she managed to jump to him all by herself. What she said sounded so honest, how could he question it?

Wrapping his arms around her tightly for a moment, he turned them to the side so he could nestle her more comfortably in his lap. He stayed like this for a moment with her, but then he realized he was probably holding too hard and loosened his grip a bit, as difficult as that was for him right now. She was crying, uncontrollably so, but he still wanted to try, still wanted to soothe her.

Carefully, he lifted a hand to brush her hair back from her face a bit and began wiping at what exposed droplets of moisture he could with her clinging to him. "Tiraris, it's alright," he whispered, his voice much calmer now, less tense. "It's how you are...I'm getting used to it still, I guess, but I wanted to be there with you. It was no trouble at all, no skin off my back, please don't feel bad."

His eyes looked sad, a spark of confusion still there about why she might think he was upset with her. "I'm glad to know you care...really, I am. I was worried you might not... And there's nothing you need to be forgiven for, it's really alright, honest." His grip tightened again as he carefully placed his head atop hers, protective even though they were there alone.

"Just take deep breaths," he whispered. "Just relax... I'll be here for you, don't worry."

GoblinFae

He was being so sweet and tender with her. 'Caden why are you breaking my heart? Why do you have to make this so difficult? I do not want you to leave me. Please do not hate me.'

"Caden you are not listening!" she growled thumping him lightly on the chest with a balled fist. "Or I am not explaining. I do not know anymore," she murmured into his hair. "Caden look at me," she said taking his face into her hands. "I am an assassin. I came to Ketra to kill someone. I am here on a job, a job I have failed thus far to complete. Can you not see? I cannot get close to you. I am only going to hurt you." She ran her hand over where the scar was. "I already have.

"Caden I have to do this. I swore I would and now I must, or die in the effort." She fell forward leaning against him again. "I told you to stay away, why would you not listen?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"I'm not afraid of you, Tiraris," he told her, staring into her eyes even as she tried to convince him that he shouldn't be this close, that they shouldn't be doing this. What does she have to do? What is she so worried about? This is so confusing, I don't understand...

The truth was in plain sight. It was so easy, so simple, yet he'd managed to miss all the right clues. Sure, she was an assassin, but he still wasn't connecting the dots between this woman and his sister. If only he'd arrived just a few seconds earlier, been just a little closer to the scene they'd just witnessed...

As she fell forward again, though, he just nuzzled against her and pulled her in closer. She felt so good, felt so right. Why was she trying to push him away?

"I can't stay away," he whispered, closing his eyes to keep her from seeing the dread and sadness he was feeling. His voice was becoming desperate and a bit hoarse now. "I want to stay with you. It...it's like I need you. I think about you all the time. I see you in my dreams. I need you." He settled his head close to hers again, straining to try and tell her as calmly as possible.

"Please trust me...I know you don't have much to go on, but Tiraris...please... Let me stay, let me be with you. I want this. I need this. I..."

GoblinFae

"Caden it is not a matter of trust. Or rather it is, but it is not a matter of me trusting you. It is a matter of you should not trust me. I mean you should trust me, when I say you cannot be with me."

She sighed beginning again for the third time. "The townspeople hired me to kill, that is why they are angry with me and with you. It has been a month of cat and mouse and I still have not done what I said I would do."

She pulled away from him, pacing back and forth around the room. 'Do I have to hit you over the head to make you understand? How can you not understand what I am saying? Caden I love you but you are going to hate me when I kill Remina. I do not want to have to kill you too. I know you will come after me if I live.'

She threw her hands up in the air giving off and growl of aggravation. "How thick can you be? I am going to kill you!" The blood drained from her face as she realized how that sounded. Her hand flew up to her mouth as she backed away from him. 'Gods above! What have I done?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He was being slowly lulled into a false sense of realization as she spoke. Releasing her as she pulled away, the eyes he trained on here were full of pain. An ache in his throat was suddenly there, and his stomach was fluttering with nerves and now a twinge of fear.

Why hasn't she done it already? This doesn't make any sense... I searched for her for a whole month and she didn't find it in herself to just kill me and be done with it? She barely knew me...

Watching her as she backed away, Caden lowered his head as his hands fell limp in his lap. So she really does need to kill me...maybe that's why she's been so angry...and why she attacked me...but why would she heal me? Why would she put herself through so much pain when she should've just finished me off while she had the chance...

"Tiraris," he began slowly, voice much softer now. "I'll leave town, if that's what you want... I just don't understand why people would want me dead, though... I mean, I know what I am and I know that they know, but I'm not like my sister, I don't kill like she does." Caden sighed, and picked himself up as he walked around her to go to the door.

"Unless you're going to just do it now...I suppose I should leave?"

GoblinFae

Tiraris backed herself up against the wall and slid down, eyes clenched tightly shut. Her mind was in overdrive with self-ridicule and questioning. 'I am an idiot! How can he believe me if I tell him now that I misspoke? After all the honesty I have given up, how can I tell him that that is not true? How can he believe anything I say? How can I tell him he can live but his sister cannot? What do I do? I told him I would hurt him. I did not think it would be like this though. Oh, Caden! I am the monster here, not you. I know the good heart you have. Why did it have to come to this? Why could you not take the hints and leave before I destroyed things just as I always do.'

Opening her eyes she was horrified to watch Caden walk to the door. 'No Caden, please do not leave me! I love you! Do not go! I ruined it again. I always ruin things. I am the destroyer and taker of life, including my own.' Her mind raced trying to think of a reason to make him stay. She could find none.

'If I let him believe this then I can hurt him no more. I can kill his sister or die and he will never know. If he leaves then he lives. I am sorry Caden. I do love you, but there is no other way.'

She kept her gaze forward not daring to look at Caden's heartbroken expression. "I will not kill you Caden. I do not attack unarmed men, even if those men are demons." Her voice was monotone hiding all the emotion she kept locked inside her. Every one of his footsteps was a dagger to her heart. 'Be strong, Tiraris. You save his life by letting him go.'

She let her head fall on her knees no longer able to hold back the tears. 'I did it again. I let the best thing that has ever happened to me walk out of my life, twice. I really am a monster.'

As she sat in her self-loathing she did not notice Caydence bolting for her until the beast latched onto her wrist. Clawing and biting the cat ripped at whatever skin it could find. Crying out Tiraris managed to shake the hissing cat off and away from herself. "You stupid animal! What is your problem? I am saving his life!"

Caydence just continued to hiss and spit before running out the door after Caden. 'I envy you. I want to be the one to chase after him. I want to be the one who comforts for what I have done.'

"Remina," she spoke to the empty room. "When I find you, take me with you into death's grasp. I cannot bear this existence anymore than I have to."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

So it was me after all. Here I was thinking she thought something of me, thinking she saw something special somewhere. What a fool I am, how stupid.

"Demons. Funny how they come in all shapes and sizes, isn't it?" And with that, he opened the door before he did anything more he would regret and walked down the hall, alone. As he reached the exit, though, he felt something brush against his leg. The cat.

"Ah, what was your name, again? Caydence... Caydence, go back to your owner," he urged, nudging her gently with his foot before walking back out into the night. The cat persisted, though and was now biting at his pants, looking a bit foolish as she was drug along while clinging to an ankle.

"Ouch," he said gently, stopping as he bent over to grab her up. As soon as he did, though, she went soft and cuddly on him, as if that was what she'd been waiting for.

Sighing, he pet the calico and cradled her in his arms as he continued walking. The movement, though, got the cat biting at his hands now. "Ouch!" he hissed, letting her drop. Interestingly enough, though, she didn't run away. "What a strange thing you are," he grumbled. "Go on, then, go back to her. Away with you, shoo! Come on, you belong to her, you shouldn't be out here."

As he walked along, Caden figured that if the cat wanted to go back then she would go. He on the other hand, did not have that option right now, which he greatly envied her for. "You're wasting your chances, Caydence...at least she wants you around."

GoblinFae

The next time she opened her eyes it, was midday. 'I must have fallen asleep,' she thought stretching from her position on the hard floor. "That is two times this month I have chased him out and spent the night on the floor. If I did not know any better I would say there is a pattern forming here," she told no one. 'Of course he would have to come back for that to happen. He will never be back. I made sure of that.'

"Caydence? Caydence! Come out, I am not mad at you. I deserved what you did. Come on sweetie, I need to cuddle." The cat did not appear. After searching the room Tiraris was able to sadly conclude she had been completely abandoned. Just like what mother always said it would be. I will be alone and friendless, heartbroken by men's cruelty when death comes knocking at my door.'

"Well hold on death. I have some baggage to collect before I go willingly." She grabbed up her things and headed out. 'I have had enough of playing these games. It is time I got some real answers.' She headed to the city square, determination written on her face.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]