Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Forever Lost [Goblin]

Started by Alegretto, February 19, 2014, 11:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

So many things to respond to!

The woman's question took priority, though 3 wanted desperately to ask some questions of it's own. It decided that the best course of action would be to answer Mrs. Hase's query and then pose it's own in rapid succession to prevent interruption.

"My name is Number 3 and I am here to ask you if you know my father Thertain Gerris." 3 had already said all that, but clearly some people needed information repeated to them before they understood. Not like 3, the puppet recalled everything anyone ever told it, and it trusted all those words as well. It couldn't do anything else. It had never heard of lying. Until now.

Quickly, before either Hase could interrupt, 3 asked "Why would somebody not tell the truth?"

GoblinFae

"Because they are a dirty rotten scoundrel, that's why! Liars steal words and ideas to win money with their greed but mark my words every liar meets his end," the woman looked 3 up and down critically before adding, "or hers."

Benjamin patted his mother's shoulder tensely before kneeling to 3's height. "Child don't be upset by my mother. We will help you find your father, I promise," he told her softly, trying to offer a reassuring smile that was really a grimace. Behind him his mother sputtered grumpily while glaring fiercely at her son and the strange "child" in her parlor.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Alegretto

3 looked at Benjamin. It did know what a promise was, the children it played with talked about them all the time, but as far as the puppet knew a promise was a guarantee, something that had to be done. How could Benjamin promise that he'd find a man that 3 had been searching for for over two hundred years? Had 3's idea of a promise been a "lie" as well. 3 had difficulty wrapping it's head around the idea that someone could tell falsehoods, and it suddenly felt itself questioning everything it had even been told.

It was silent for several moments processing this before it decided to deal with the problem of reconciling all it's knowledge later, and dealing with the problems now. 3 was not looking forward to the task of sorting truth from lies. It now realized that much of the things it had been told in it's memories conflicted, and discovering which was correct was going to be an arduous task indeed.

Putting that off, 3 looked into Benjamin's eyes, and asked him, "You promise that we'll find him?" It stood for a moment longer, thinking. "A promise is a guarantee that you'll make it happen, right? This isn't one of those lie things you were talking about?"

GoblinFae

Benjamin nodded his head sincerely without any amount of hesitation. "I promise to try my hardest to help you in your search 3. But yes, a promise is a vow on a man's honor. Some people lie; some people break their promises. However, 3 I will tell you this I will not intentionally break my promise to you. I will not betray your trust in me little," he told her confidently even as his mother huffed and puffed exasperatedly behind him.

"Will that work for you 3?" the nobleman continued.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Alegretto

3 nodded acceptingly. "Alright Benjamin, that works for me." It fell silent for a moment looking for something more to say. "Thank you," was what it finally decided on. It seemed the most appropriate and common response to promises 3 had heard made in the past.

"So how should we start looking?" 3 asked Benjamin immediately. In it's mind there was no need to dally. In fact, if it were still working alone, the puppet probably would have left by now.

GoblinFae

"You're welcome," Benjamin replied automatically, moving to sit down on the couch beside his mother. "How indeed?" He sighed and shook his head. "How have you been searching already 3? Where have you looked?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Alegretto

How had it been searching? "Well I ask people. The same way I asked you Benjamin. I just walk up to people and ask them if they know my father Thertain Gerris. As to where, I'm not really sure." 3 stood thinking for a moment and then pointed North. "I've been coming from that direction asking anyone I come across."

GoblinFae

"A rather ineffective method it seems," Benjamin mused aloud. "What was your basis for continuing onward then? In other words what made you believe you had talked to everyone you could in a certain area before continuing? What if you left before you asked the right person 3?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Alegretto

3 paused for a moment, considering it's answer. "Well after there was no one else around to ask, I just moved on. I guess I didn't really check to see if their was anyone I hadn't asked." It looked at Benjamin quizzically. "What if I left the right person behind? Should I go back?"

GoblinFae

The nobleman sighed, thinking of the ineffectiveness of 3's methodology. He was about to respond to her though when his mother suddenly interrupted, her tone cold and untrusting, something Benjamin had never experienced before. The very sound of it had him snapping to attention.

"3, what are you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Alegretto

The puppet looked at Benjamin's mother unwaveringly, seemingly unaffected by her question. "I don't know." it answered blankly. "I've been called many things, monster, friend, demon, child, murderer, and others. But, all those names could be lies, right Benjamin?" The last question had 3 turning it's unblinking stare on the nobleman.

GoblinFae

Benjamin nodded slightly but pressed on with his question. "Those are names but they do not define you 3."

"You are not human," his mother interjected. "So what are you?" she pressed on, refusing to back down and believing that she could force the strange thing in front of her to give her the answer she sought.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]