Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cat and mouse(GoblinFae)

Started by paganchick, April 01, 2013, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"If you offer me respect, I will repay you with the same. Remember, you are not doing this for nothing. You promised my father you would train me, so it isn't like I am crawling to you groveling, begging for the all mighty Maverick to save me," Nxy said with a deep sigh.
She chewed on the inside of her cheek slightly as she thought about it. Was it really what she wanted, would she just end up walking away several days later, or worse, would the Maverick and herself finally hash out their disagreements? She didn't know but she also knew she didn't have much or an option.

"Sounds fair enough I suppose."

GoblinFae

"You are not my equal. Do not forget that. The respect you get is that of a student and nothing more. Your father was a good acquaintance to me but that does not mean that after all these years I have to put up with your attitude. As for saving," he snorted and shook his head. "As if there is anything to save," Maverick muttered with a critical stare.

Standing firm, he made sure she had his complete attention before continuing. "You better not suppose either. Either you agree or you don't. I'm not going to take your insolence Nyx and I won't suffer putting my time into helping you only to have it thrown back in my face. I am not a patient man. You have used much of my goodwill already. Is that clear?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

"I am not a woman who with put up with snobbish assholes either, teacher or not. I am agreeing to let you pay off your debt, if I walk away, well then you did what you said you would do and you will no longer have to remember the promise you made my father," She said, crossing her arms stubbornly.

GoblinFae

He was not going to be put off by her attitude. She would learn soon enough that he could easily find ways to make her life more difficult. "Then we are agreed," he intoned deeply. "Shall we begin?" Without waiting for an answer, Maverick walked casually off the edge of the roof, allowing himself to drop to the ground before continuing onward, his hands clasped behind his back.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

Nxy followed a few steps behind him. She had a feeling that she would regret not melting Maverick when she had a chance. It was too late now, she had to at least try to follow through with the agreement. So she stayed silent, she figured the less she said the less likely Maverick and herself would end up butting heads.

GoblinFae

Maverick strolled through the empty streets at a leisurely pace, aimlessly wandering across the cobblestones with no set location in mind. While he knew that Nyx had chosen to follow him, the demon chose to ignore her presence and enjoy the night air.

He whistled tunelessly to himself as he went. Yet, for every ounce of calm there was about him there was a touch of anticipation in his steps, a slight bounce as if ready to spring. In this manner he continued, waiting and mentally counting down the seconds in a silent bet with himself to see how long it would take before the true lessons began.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nxy watched maverick. Her body was relaxed, her steps easy, a natural swagger about them. Her eyes held an intensity, something about them seemed like she saw everything, missed nothing. She waited in silence, waiting for him to say something, what  was he teaching her right now? She wondered what he could really teach her, magic wasn't like science or math, it was something that was different for everyone.

GoblinFae

He chuckled softly to himself and shook his head as if tickled by some idea or another. In truth, Maverick was amused by the attentive nature of his student. He loved making her wait and wonder for this game was as much for him as that of cat and mouse. His own teacher had taught him well in this art. After all, how could a student learn if she did not know how to listen?

Her magic was strong and Maverick recognized that. She would be a good student if she put her mind to it. If he was being truthful the demon would even go so far as to acknowledge that she was much closer than she thought to being in control. It was all a matter of fine-tuning and re-learning how to channel it all. This would come in time. He meant to keep his word. Maverick would teach her all she needed to know and his debt would be repaid.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nxy was starting to grow a bit impatient. What was he doing, seeing how long he could lead her around until she lost it? Was he somehow gloating that she had finally decided to at least try to learn from him. The thoughts lit her blood on fire in annoyance.
Still she kept most of it locked away, she cleared her throat, seeing if he would explain.

GoblinFae

Maverick turned on his heel to face his pupil, an expression of innocence displayed upon his face. With his hands still clasped behind him, he rocked back and forth on his heels. "Something wrong, Nyx? Frog in your throat perhaps?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx rolled her eyes at Maverick, he really thought he was something, he was far from innocent.
"No, no frog, I am just waiting to learn something, I am not learning anything from walking around, and follow the leader has never been a favorite game of mine," She replied, placing a hand on her hip.

GoblinFae

"Ah," Maverick hummed, a knowing smile splitting his face from ear to ear. "If you are not learning then you do not yet know how to see." His eyes trailed up and down her body, pausing at her hip before moving back up to meet her eyes.

"Tell me what you have observed just now, Nyx."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"I should have killed you when I had the chance, and you were looking towards my hips," Nyx replied crossing her arms as she stared at him. She was really trying to learn, but the lack of explaining anything left he unknowing what to look for, what to pay attention to, how exactly to answer him.

GoblinFae

Maverick snorted, unable to help himself. "You could not kill me if you tried and while true it was not your hips I meant but earlier. Before you stopped the lesson what did you observe? What did you see? Reflection and understanding are very important, Nyx. Now try again," he prompted, motioning with his hand for her to continue.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx couldn't help but roll her eyes. "What am I trying to remember, I saw a lot of stuff, I noticed a lot of stuff, but if I don't know what I am suppose to be answering, how can I answer?" She asked, growing more and more frustraited.

GoblinFae

"Lesson number one: know how to see and to remember. Your eyes work just find but you don't know what to look for. I assume among everything you saw you also observed me. Can you tell me anything about what you saw? Don't worry about your answer being right or wrong. Just try to remember," he assured her calmly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Well you were strolling along, you didn't seem like you had  set destination," Nyx said as she thought back, trying to think back about everything she had saw while she followed him.

GoblinFae

The demon nodded his head. "A good start. Is there anything else? What of my person? My attitude? My magic even? Anything and everything. It's important Nyx. Try not to blow the first lesson off right from the start, dear."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx closed her eyes.
"You were calm but seemed to be waiting for something, anticipating something, probably waiting for me to get bored or asked what you were doing, what the lesson was," She said before opening her eyes and looking at Maverick.

GoblinFae

"Very good," Maverick praised, offering a smile and a slight bow. "It is a good start. The key of the first lesson is not just as much knowing your surroundings as knowing your target. However, it is a great deal than both as well. For you see the true lesson is knowing what is important and what is not important."

Taking a step closer to her, he asked her if she knew what was important.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]