Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Taking a Break

Started by stelmarisa, March 13, 2012, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

A flowershop? Lotte's brow furrowed. Was he making fun of her again? Surely he knew that the place was - and even if not, was he being serious? She bit her lip as he spoke again, trying to calculate what time she would have to return.

"I will have to be back around noon, I think. So I have maybe another two hours, or a little less. I would like to stay with you until then, though," she smiled shyly. If you still want to, after this.

"The Cherry Tree... is a brothel."

GoblinFae

All the color drained from Iorwerth's face as what she was saying finally hit him. 'A brothel. Dear god, I've made an ass of myself.' His eyes were nearly bugging out of his head as he tried to think of something to say.

"Ah," he finally said, biting his laugh and laughing nervously, the sound resembling that of a horse. "Well a different sort of flowershop then. One with flowers much more precious and beautiful than their leafy counterparts. You are of course welcome to pass the time with me fair lady, for as long as you find enjoyment in my company. Say the word and I will begone. But, keep your silence and I shall stay, for your company I do enjoy."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte held her breath as she saw Iorwerth go pale. That's it, he's horrified. I knew it was only a matter of time. I don't know what I expected differently, though - everyone in Uthlyn looks down upon us, if they do not use us. Iorwerth's nervous laugh only served to encourage her worry, but his words went some way to reassure her.

"Precious and beautiful?" she said doubtfully, looking down at him. "Well... that's one way of looking at it? Although I know what the opinion of people in Uthlyn is - I am used to it." She gave a tiny sigh, and was about to say more when she thought through what he had said. "Keep your silence and I will stay".

She smiled. "I will be silent, then."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth blushed as he realized that he had just about commanded her into silence. "Well, wait Lotte," he rushed to say, pulling Ylli to a stop and looking up at the woman atop him. "I didn't mean it like that. I mean I did. I did but, I didn't. Please don't think you need to be quiet just because you want to spend some time with me. Feel free to talk. Talk as much as you want. Or as little. Really it makes no difference to me. I-I think I'll just follow my own advice and be silent now."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte laughed, the first time she had done so properly since they met. "Don't worry. I wasn't offended." She reached down to pat Iorwerth's shoulder gently, reassuringly. This sweet man was beginning to endear himself to her, as he stumbled over his words and tried desperately not to offend her.

"It's nice to be given the choice of whether or not I want to speak to a man," she said honestly. "It can be a rare privelege to make up my own mind."

GoblinFae

He almost began to sigh in relief, then she went and had to mention her lack of freedom. His jaw slammed shut with an audible click as he mentally berated himself for being so foolish and callous. "Then, Lady Lotte, let me have the honor of allowing you to afford as many of those opportunities as you desire. No want of yours shall go unfulfilled if I can help it."

Iorwerth sighed sadly again, lowering his head. "Forgive me," he whispered. "I oft make grand statements but I am a ce-creature of simple means. I am afraid I can only offer you small comforts. It was never my intention to deceive even for the briefest of moments. I must beg your forgiveness in this matter."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte giggled at his fancy address, quite enjoying being made to feel important. She tilted her head to one side as she worked through his next statements, taking a moment to understand what he meant. As soon as she realised she blushed, embarassed that he was ashamed on her behalf.

"The best comforts to me are being able to stay outside and see nature. I spend all my time cooped up indoors, so being able to just walk the streets and paths is pleasurable. As well as being able to choose my own company... and talk to a gentleman like yourself." She smiled.

"And of course, his horse."

GoblinFae

"Gentleman?" Iorwerth gave a braying laugh before clapping a calloused hand over his mouth. "Forgive me," he mumbled coughing and clearing his throat. 'Nice going peabrain!' Beside him Ylli gave a mocking whinny. "Oh, hush you!" The man glared at the animal before returning his attention to the woman.

He bowed before the lady, well as best as he could while still holding her waist. "I thank you for the compliment but must refute, I am far from being a gentleman. I am but a humble uh man. However, be that as it may I know of a small brook nearby where there is shade if you would care to venture there. I often go there to recount my bardic tales to eager children. It is a lovely place that would be made even moreso with your shining presence."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Iorwerth's  laugh and the horse's whinny made Lotte giggle again, even more so when the man rebuked Ylli. Flushed from laughing, she reflected briefly, happily, that she couldn't remember the last time she had laughed so much, or so honestly.

"I'd like that." She nodded, a pleased smile lighting up her face. "That sounds very nice, and comfortable. Will you tell me some of your tales, when we get there?"

GoblinFae

A smile answered her own as Iorwerth led them through the park to a more secluded area surrounded by willow trees. "It's best if I let you down now little lady. The moment Ylli sees water I'll no longer be in control in him. He's a real mule when it comes to that," he informed her, reaching up to slowly slide her back down.

His hands still gently held her forearms before he realized their closeness and pulled away, clearing his throat. "So how did you like your first ride?" The man moved to continue leading them to the water. He could already hear the babbling stream bouncing of the rocks. Just as he claimed the moment Ylli saw the clear water he took off to go splashing.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte rested her hands on one of Iorwerth's shoulder's as he lifted her down, running them down to rest on his forearms as he did she same. She smiled up at him shyly as he stood still, waiting to see what he would do. When he moved away she did the same, gazing around their surroundings.

"I loved it... it was so different from anything I've done before! I was-" she cut off as they came in sight of the brook, her eyes widening in pleasure.

"Oh, this is beautiful! What a lovely stream." Overtaken by such a pretty scene she reached for Iorwerth's hand, suddenly clasping it in hers.

GoblinFae

A sense of pride bloomed in Iorwerth's chest from making her happy. This was quickly turned into shock and then pleased surprise as she slipped her much smaller hand into his behemoth one. For a brief moment he looked down at their clasped hands and then internally shrugged and Lotte's a friendly squeeze.

"I'm delighted that enjoy it. My only warning is to stay away from Ylli if you don't want to get wet. That horse has a way of splashing water over long distances in the pretense of mischief. He's as bad as any child I tell you! Come sit here and I believe we shall be safe," he suggested leading them over to the "story stone" as the children named it. It was a large flat stone, the perfect size for a full-grown centaur to sit or lay across.

Iorwerth made no move to remove his hand from around her own. On the contrary he held it a little tighter as he plopped himself down. "Are you still sure you wish to hear a story? They are really more meant for children. A grown man can get away with silly tales told to a child. It is much more difficult to enthrall the adult mind."

He was nervous, unsure of whether she was just indulging him or generally interested. 'Oh what if she does want a story? What one do I tell her that won't sound incredibly childish? Everything is childish unless it has death and even then that's not the kind of thing you recount to a lady. Please say no, please say no.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte let herself be led along by Iorwerth, avoiding the water as he had warned. It wouldn't do her any good to return to the brothel with wet clothes, as that would surely bring on a punishment. She settled herself beside him carefully, tucking her legs under her on the soft grass.

"I would love to hear a story," she smiled up at Iorwerth, brushing off his concerns. "Children's stories are so simple and innocent - why complicate something when it doesn't need it? Please don't worry, I will enjoy it."

GoblinFae

'And she said yes.' Rubbing his eye to hide his embarrassment he tried to think of something innocuous to tell. "Well, you know if you like innocent, I have the most childish story you will probably ever hear. Just," he held up his hand pleadingly, "remember that while I am a grown man this is told to very small children."

He have a great sigh and rubbed his hands together, clearing his throat. Iorwerth raised his hands up in front of himself as if to call silence. "This is is the story of Mister Wiggle," he moved his left hand into a thumbs up, "and Mister Waggle," his right hand also assumed the same position. Both thumbs both came to "hide" inside his fists as he began the tale. "Twas a bright and beautiful day and Mister Wiggle decided he was going to go to Mister Waggle's house. So he opened his door," the left hand opened, "came out of his house," the left thumb popped up, "and closed his door," the hand closed again with the raised thumb outside it now. "And he went up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last he came to Mister Waggle's house."

Iorwerth was completely engrossed in his story-telling. His eyes followed his hands movements intently drawing the listener to do the same. He even had different voices for the characters and the narration. "Mister Wiggle knocked on the door. Knock, knock, knock. But, there was no answer. So he knocked again, knock, knock, knock. Again no answer so he decided to go back home and try another day. And so he went up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last he came to his own house. He opened the door, went inside, and closed the door.

"The next day Mister Waggle finding it to be a fine day decided he was going to go across the hills and visit Mister Wiggle. He opened his door, came out of his house and closed his door. Then he went up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last he came to Mister Wiggle's house. Mister Waggle knocked on the door. Knock, knock, knock. But, there was no answer. So he knocked again, knock, knock, knock. Again no answer so he decided to go back home and try another day. And so he went up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last he came to his own house. He opened the door, went inside, and closed the door.

"On the third day, Mister Wiggle and Mister Waggle noticed that it was a wonderful day out and decided they were going to visit Mister Waggle's and Mister Wiggle's house. And they went, up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last they met each other at the crossroads. 'Well if isn't Mister Waggle!' the left thumb said "wiggling" as he "spoke." 'And if it isn't Mister Wiggle!' the right thumb answered.

'It's a fine day out today.'
'Aye tis indeed and I was on my way to see you.'
'Curiouser and curiouser I was on my way to see you!
'And how are you on this glorious day?'
'I am well and yourself?'
'Oh just the usual aches and pains. The weather should make up for it nicely I think.'
'That's wonderful to hear. My good Mister Waggle, I am afraid I must be off again. It's time I should be returning home.'
'Aye I do agree Mister Wiggle. Tis nearing teatime and the Missus won't take to me bein' late. A good day to you Mister Wiggle!'
'And a good day to ye Mister Waggle.'

"Having said their goodbyes the two worms, Mister Wiggle and Mister Waggle, went up the hill and down the hill and up the hill and down the hill until at last they came to their respective homes. They opened their doors, went inside, and closed the doors. Each worm had his tea and Mister Waggle even made it home in time to keep the Missus happy. So ends our of tale of Mister Wiggle and Mister Waggle."

Having finished, Iorwerth blushed heavily at being caught so enthralled. With children it did not matter, for they loved a good story as much as him. But, with this beautiful woman sitting with him and enjoying his company when she could be doing so many other things in the little precious time she had to herself, he felt rather foolish and childish. His cheeks flamed and lowered his head in shame. "It's a silly tale I know. Who ever heard of a talking worm and having tea at that," he scoffed trying to protect his pride.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte sat quietly during the story, completely engrossed in Iorwerth's tale. Her fascination was childlike as she followed the movements of the 'characters' and laughed as Iorwerth put on the voices. The pleasure of storytime was one that she had been denied, growing up in the circumstances that she had, and so she was more keen than usual on hearing simple tales.

She laughed delightedly as the story finished, clapping her small hands together. "Wonderful!" She beamed up at Iorwerth, her eyes shining with pleasure.

"It was so much fun. And you told it so well!" She took his hand again as he blushed, trying to reassure him.

GoblinFae

He squeezed her hand back and smiled indulgently. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it, even if it was a silly tale. Perhaps another time I can grace you with a true bardic retelling. I must admit though I am not feeling at the top of my game as it were. Me poor thumbs are sore," Iorwerth pouted, wiggling his free thumb.

"Well, tell my something about yourself little lady. You are quite a mystery, the little sunshine dancer." His eyes and tone were kind and without a mocking trace to them. He ran his thumb back and forth over the back of her hand in a soothing matter. Iorwerth wanted nothing more than to enclose the delicate flesh between both his hands and never let go. Fear of caging her stopped him though. "You don't have to if you don't wish to. No one is forcing you here."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte smiled only slightly, unsure as Iorwerth invited her to tell him about herself. "I don't know... I don't have any stories that will make you happy or cause you to laugh like that. All my stories are sad ones." She paused and looked down at Iorwerth's hand caressing hers and felt her confidence building. He seemed honestly curious, and unlikely to judge. She might as well share some information with him

"I grew up in The Cherry Tree. I've lived there almost from the day that I was born... I took my first steps there and spoke my first words to the madam. I suppose I'm lucky - the girls are my family, like sisters. Well, sisters that you have to compete with for a living." She laughed slightly.

"I'm afraid it doesn't make for an exciting story."

GoblinFae

Despite the sadness and pain of the story, Iorwerth found himself to smile. "The first lesson of a bard is to know that not every story that is told is a happy one. For what is happiness, but the joy we feel after we have experienced some hardship. The pain reminds us of how precious the small things are. Your smile for instance is a story all of its own for it brings me joy. Your dancing is another, for it gave me courage to greet you."

He opened his mouth to say more, but changed his mind and patted the top of her hand. "The second lesson of telling stories is one I have failed to follow through on." Iorwerth brought her bound hands up to his lips and pressed a gentle kiss to the top of each. "Always thank a teller for their tale for they have given you a bit of themselves to carry with you always. I thank you Lady Lotte for your tale."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte's cheeks were red as Iorwerth complimented her, her face burning with embarassment. She was glad that he continued to talk, for the moment letting her off the hook of saying anything. As he lifted her hands she held them close together, the short chain clinking and knotting around itself as she did. This somewhat undermined the effect she had been going for - her intention was to hide the chain (although nothing could be done about the heavy silver bangles) but she feared that the tangling chain would only draw attention to itself.

"You're welcome." She spoke to mask her embarassment, still humbled by his flattery, and drew her hands away, tucking them into her lap. "Thank you, likewise, for your tale."

GoblinFae

"My pleasure," he replied humbly. It did not escape him that her silver chain made her uncomfortable and embarrassed. He refrained from commenting or drawing further attention to it. Iorwerth racked his brain, searching for an innocuous topic of conversation that would leave them both feeling comfortable. 'I have so little to offer, so little to talk about. I don't want to pry but what else is there to ask but personal things? If only I could-well I could, couldn't I?'

He cleared his throat lightly. "If we could meet again, after this day and you wanted to of course, what would you like to do? What new thing would you like to experience? No matter how far out or fantastical, choose anything you want." His lips widened into an enormous smile as he turned his face up towards the sky. "Personally, one day I want to fly a dragon." Iorwerth laughed at his own idea. 'I would love to climb a tree to but, Ylli would have a fit. Heights are such a bothersome thing anyway.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]