Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Welcome Aboard Ye Landlubbers! [OPEN]

Started by GoblinFae, June 23, 2012, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

It was a beautiful clear, day. A bit cool perhaps, but not enough to deter the crew from scattering like cockroaches in the light. Zephyr's habit of disappearing once they reached shore always set Morgan on edge. Unwilling to leave the ship herself, it always meant there was someone to watch the ship, giving the other crew members free range to likewise come and go as they pleased.

By sending Cat-Eye ahead to start recruiting more sailors along with a very much needed carpenter, the quartermaster had hoped to have at least Elias around to help. The man's quiet nature and love of maps at least kept him out of her hair when she did not want company.

Unfortunately, though Chris had managed to drag the sailing master along with him and left Morgan on her own. Not of course that she minded too terribly, this was her job on the ship after all as second-in-command. It was just that, for once she would like to not feel obligated to stay with the ship even though everyone knew she would never leave.

She hoped those two knew what they were doing. A look at the rigging's spars would tell even the most untrained eye that they were in need of fixing. Some of the wood had rotted in places and now was only held together with rope and sheer will. It was a miracle it had not given way yet.

Groaning slightly and pacing at the bow of the ship she waited for the recruits to come so that she may survey them herself. A woman's eye was better than a man's after all. With any luck they would be able to make repairs and obtain supplies to weigh anchor within the week. The irritated quartermaster wanted nothing to do with staying at port any longer than she had to. Give the crew too much leeway and they would be slacking on their duties in no time.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

zozee9

At last, Sky thought, Someone left their ship with only one person to guard it. I can sneak on!

Watching the person pacing the ship, Sky realized that this may be her only time to travel to another continent for free. The person on the ship wouldn't be much of a problem—Sky often snuck around to steal things—but what should she do once she was on? Who knows how many people would get on that ship... she could be found right away. But the lure of escaping the streets of Serendipity ruled over all logic. Sky started walking towards the dock, acting like she was some woman's daughter. Or, in the eyes of most, son.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

GoblinFae

Morgan caught sight of the approaching figure and hopped over the banister by the helm onto the main deck. "Oy!" she shouted down. "You one of the new recruits? Well don't just stand there lolly-gagging. There's work that needs doing. Not going to do itself you know!"

The idea of help at last starting to arrive eased her irritation at least slightly, but did nothing for her impatience. Just because this boy was the first of the newcomers did not mean she would go any easier on him than any other. She had a long list of chores she could not wait to send him off on. "Well hurry up here! I'm not coming down there."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

zozee9

New recruits? Sky thought. That works great. I'll pretend I'm a new recruit, do whatever they thought I was supposed to do, then leave once the ship docks! Perfect!

Looking up at the tatooed lady, Sky declared, "I'll be right up." Climbing up onto the ship, Sky couldn't help but smile. Her plan was going even better than she thought.

Once she was on the big ship, Sky walked over to the woman and said, "So... uh... they didn't really explain to me what I would be doing. Just said to come onto this ship and that the nice looking lady would give me a job. I'm assuming that's you?" Sky put on her best innocent smile—the one she always used when she got caught stealing.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

GoblinFae

The quartermaster sized the child up and down, not fooled by the cheeky grin. Rough, callused hands gripped the boy's arms, checking muscle mass and for any breaks before stopping at his hands. "Don't know what they were thinking," she muttered to herself.

"Well don't go believing those two. I'm not nice but, I'm fair. I'm not going to go easy on you just because you're young. As our cabin boy, you're the lowest of low. Bottom of the food chain, you hear? You serve us, you do as we say, and I mean all of us. I'm second in command here, you got a problem you come to me. Don't go bothering the captain. To start now you can swab the deck."

Grabbing the child by his upper arm, Morgan pulled him below deck and showed him the supply room. She shoved a bucket and mop into his small hands and instructed him to begin work from the top down. "I want it done before the captain gets back. Now get!"

Not waiting to see what the boy would do, she moved back to pace at the helm and wait. 'Nice, eh? Wonder which one said that. I bet it was Chris. Bastard's making fun of me again. Then again it could have been Eli.' Morgan growled and shook her head. 'Doesn't matter, they should have known better than to send me the boy. I really need to find out his name. Later. I wonder where Zephyr is. I hope he remembered to order more food supplies. I really want to get out of here soon.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

zozee9

This didn't seem much different than the streets... but unlike the streets, she'd have to do what anyone said. Even if it meant mopping. Sky could tell that the woman didn't think much of her, but Sky was stronger than what met the eye. Her female body didn't show off much muscle, unlike a male body, and the woman obviously thought she was a boy. That was probably for the best. Ships don't like taking 'weak looking' girls like her.

But while she was here, she might as well get as much out of this as possible. Mopping to the best of her ability (even though she had never used a mop and was pretty sure she was doing it wrong), Sky asked, "Um... sorry to disturb you, but is it possible for me to get new clothes? I mean, I know I'm just a cabin boy, but my clothes are really dirty and I feel like whatever I clean up will be dirtied by my clothes... But if that isn't okay, I can just quietly go about my business." Realizing that she had been mopping the same spot for over a minute, Sky stepped forward to mop the area in front of it.

Sadly, Sky had never dealt with wet floor. Face first, Sky slipped onto the ship's surface. Laying on her stomach, Sky held up the mop and declared, "It's okay. The mop didn't break."

Silverna

Ialu surfaced from the ocean wiping salt-water from his eyes with his hand and pulling a piece of blue hair out of his eyes, he climbed aboard the ship that he'd come to call home, using a bit of his fire magic to dry himself off.  Ialu was lithe muscle on a five foot ten inch frame, with his entire body littered with scars and burns, his eyes were a warm almost sleepy dark color that could really only be described as embers while his hair was almost like the sea itself.  That was nice he thought to himself as he made his way across the deck, slipping on his gun hostler that he'd taken off earlier before the swim, easily keeping up with the movement of the ocean beneath the hull.  As he walked, his thoughts drifted usually ending up somewhere that revolved around fire, in this case he wondered if the captain wouldn't mind swinging by a volcano so he could see if he could make it erupt.

His mom had said some of the most powerful fire faeries could do that, and he wanted to see if that was true, or at least he wanted to see a volcano erupt.  That would be nice all that fire and smoke and.... his thoughts trailed off as he noticed someone moping the deck. "I haven't seen you around." he said softly, making his way to the new person, the inner more insane part of him was dancing around excited about the newest candle but he shoved the thought aside.  "You one of the new recruits?"

zozee9

Is that a gun holster? thought Sky. What kind of ship did I board?! And he used fire magic... I always wanted to learn magic.

With a wide grin on her face, she looked up and said, "Yep! I'm the new recruit! You seem strong and fierce... not someone to mess with, I take it." She paused for a second before continuing. "That was some pretty nice magic you used before. Wasn't necessarily a strong spell but very well controlled. Are you the toughest on this crew? Those scars look like they were painful... and you have so many of them! Yeah, you must be the toughest if you've received all of those and lived! I'm just a cabin boy and you must be... You must be the captain! Yes, that must be it. Is there anything I could do for you?"

Sky knew she was sucking up, but everything she said was true. He seemed tough, he used strong magic, and he had an awful lot of scars. And since this was bound to be a long ride, she might as well get on the captain's good side.

GoblinFae

The sight of the ship's master gunner nearly sent Morgan into a frenzy. The addition of the newest cabin boy's fawning all over Ialu was not helping matters either. "Of course, he isn't the captain," she growled, butting into the conversation as she once more marched onto the deck.

"He's our insane master gunner. Careful or he'll use as a cannon rammer. And you," the quartermaster turned her glare to the boy now, "are supposed to be swabbing the deck, not smearing the dirt around. Honestly, the pair of them, sending me an idiot. This is all Chris' doing I just know it!

Morgan sighed and yanked the mop from the child's hands. "Get out of my sight. I'll deal with you later." She shoved the boy towards the doors to below deck and leaned the mop against the rail before advancing on the taller man again. "I can't believe! Just because the captain leaves does not mean that everyone gets shore-leave. I am still in charge here in his absence. You can't just go wandering off like that!"

On a good day, Morgan could normally just ignore Ialu and be content with that. On the best day she may even joke with him. But, today was not the best day, nor was it even a good day. It was a terrible day. She hated being abandoned without a word from the captain. It always made her feel unappreciated and taken for granted, something she had sworn she would let no man be able to do.

Being alone once more drove her to lash out at the master gunner with venom on her tongue. In the end though it would all be words. She was not really angry with him and not all the animosity she dealt him was real. "What do you have to say for yourself? Or better yet, mind explaining why we must now acquire more gunpowder on top of the necessary repairs to the ship because the last batch was soaking wet?" She jabbed a finger into his chest, unmindful of just how close she had managed to get to the sometimes loose cannon.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

zozee9

I take it that means no new clothes... thought Sky, as she was being shoved towards the doors. Well, if I don't have to clean, I might as well explore! Opening the doors, Sky left the loud cranky lady that was shouting at the scarred man and stepped down below deck. This is going to be one hectic trip, thought Sky. There are only two people that I've met on this ship, and they're both crazy.

Silverna

Ialu blinked in confusion as the boy who'd been swabbing the deck, the boy thought he was the captain?  No one in there right mind would let him be captain even for the day, it was probably why they'd let Morgan be in charge of the ship, of course she was also higher then he was but he was probably that last person that anyone wanted in charge of the ship.  However before he could speak Morgan marched over, clearly not in the best moods.   "I wouldn't use him as a cannon rammer." Ialu said putting a hurt look on his face, as he watched the cabin boy scamper off, as soon as the boy was gone he added with a slightly crazed smile.  "I'd probably use him as a candle."  

He took a cautious step back as Morgan turned her wrath on him, "I didn't go on shore leave!" He protested, feeling to relaxed from the swim to jump at the bait.   "I just went for a swim, and just in case you thought I was slacking I kept an eye on the ship.  I am half water-nymph remember?"  He frowned as she continued speaking and his eyes that had been like embers started to spark. "Are you accusing me of contaminating the gun powder?" he asked, fury racing through his veins.   He knew he wasn't the best at water magic, he took after his father more then his mother in that respect but he wouldn't use the gun powder to practice.  Holding fire that had started to build up in his body back he took a deep breath and continued.  "I didn't...wouldn't do that, that's just stupid and irresponsible. Do you remember who supplied us the last batch? 'Cause they have an appointment with me and it won't be pleasant."

GoblinFae

Morgan crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back slightly, trying to calm her temper enough to actually listen to the other sailor's words. "I accuse you of nothing. I was simply asking if you knew how it got that way, Ialu. The guns are your responsibility after all."

She sighed heavily and shook her head. "The matter was serious enough that the captain has gone into town to handle it himself. However, it does hearten me to hear you take such responsibility for the matter. Were you able to check our last patch under the port side? I want it in top shape before ship out. I do not fancy doing another repair out at sea again if you know what I mean," she continued, changing the topic entirely.

Her acknowledgment of his efforts was as close to an apology as anyone would ever get out of her. To find their stores tampered with and their supplies damaged had felt almost personal. Morgan prided herself in keeping a tightly run ship, leaving Zephyr free to handle other matters. Having to go to him with this matter was akin to shooting herself in the foot, painful and able to be recovered from but, might as well be her own death sentence she was signing.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Silverna

Ialu relaxed slightly at Morgan's words, realizing he'd probably overreacted.  It was true the guns were his responsibility and he probably should have paid more attention when the cases were loaded onto the ship.  "I shouldn't have snapped." he admitted, "The guns are my responsibility, I should of known that some were wet."  Of course that was exactly why he'd snapped in the first place, he took pride in his job and any hint of him not doing it properly tended to set him off.  The fire in his eyes slowly started to die, although he was still angry at the supplier who'd cheated him, but he relaxed slightly with the knowledge that the Captain was looking into it.  "I hope Captain hurts him." he muttered savagely, before adding. "It looks good to me, so it shouldn't be a problem but...." he trailed off shrugging.  "I'm into guns not ship-repair, so you might want to get someone down there to verify it. I'll help with the breathing issue if need be. If you want we can go look after someone else comes back to the ship."  He was positive that he could bend the water enough to create a pocket of air enabling someone to breath, although for how long was the problem.

GoblinFae

She sighed running a hand through her thick locks before looking back towards the docks longingly. 'Of course, he blows the ship up, not repair it! Now why didn't I think of that?' her mind sarcastically bit out, making her bite her tongue to keep the harshness in. It was after not Ialu's fault that she was in such a vile mood. There was no sense in taking it out on him.

"I'll probably go down and take a look at it once Captain gets back. If he ever gets back. Depending on how bad it is I may have to take you up on your offer. We shall have to wait and see, as usual. Well, do you have anything to report or did you just come back for my charming presence?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Silverna

Ialu nodded slightly, his eyes wandering to the riggings longingly, there was one place up in the riggings that he particularly loved as a spot for reading and relaxing, although it wasn't the best place for practicing either fire or water control.  He wished he was up there, not down here with the irritated quarter-master who seemed ready to bite his head off, but also knew that he was walking a dangerous path right then and until she either calmed down or he left he had to be careful.

"Ok, just let me know if you need my help." he said lightly, hoping that she would let him know when he was between things, not up in the riggings reading, sleeping or meditating but figured that that was to much to wish for unfortunately, it seemed people loved to bug him when he was busy with other things.  Sometimes it was only his promise to the Captain that he didn't light people on fire when they bugged him but it was a constant battle to keep that from happening.  

"Well, the seaweed looks like it could be delicious if dried and seasoned properly." Ialu said, stroking his non-existent beard thoughtfully. "Other then that, nope I just wanted to see if you needed anything."

GoblinFae

"Go," she growled in exasperation, grabbing his arm and pushing him towards the masts. "I know when my company isn't wanted. Just be sure to make your presence known again by the time Captain gets back. I'm sure he is going to be wanting a respected eye checking the new shipment before it is loaded aboard.

Dismissing him without caring whether he left or not, the lady-pirate moved to the rail and returned to glaring out at the dock. Perhaps if she were angry enough Zephyr would return and she could steal his liquor and drink away all her anger again. All she wanted right now was for time to speed up, the crew to be back on board, the captain sober and in his quarters and the shore a winking speck in the distance. Listening to the gulls cry, she made a note to check on the cabin boy within the hour to ensure he was not causing mayhem.

'Please, please let there be at least one competent mind among the recruits so that I do not have to kill everyone in sight. One, that is all I'm asking. Please?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Silverna

Ialu laughed lightly as he was propelled towards the masts by the irate female-pirate.  "Of course, of course, I'll see you later." He headed up the mast, eyes slowly settling back into the embers that were their normal state.  Up in the air, he settled himself with one leg hanging off the other on the wood, his back against the straight wood that had been warmed by the sun, his eyes slowly fluttered shut as he drifted into a light sleep.

zozee9

Sky was bored. She had wandered the ship and peeked inside all the unlock rooms. There was nothing else to do. Heading back to the deck, Sky listened to make sure the crazy lady wasn't shouting anymore. Hearing no sounds, Sky opened the doors and eyed the scarred man. She ran to the mast, and looked up. It was high, and maybe a little dangerous, but that just made it more fun. Sky had plenty of practice climbing the steep buildings at night in the streets. A mast wouldn't be any trouble. Silently climbing it (most the times she had to climb was when she had to escape, therefore Sky automatically climbs silently), Sky headed higher and higher up until she was sitting next to the scarred man. Staring at him, Sky finally realized he was asleep. So she just kept sitting there, waiting for the man to wake up.

Casey

Olivia walked across the docks from the recruitment table where she'd officially been signed up at as The Reaper's Chalice's brand new carpenter. She examined each ship as she passed it, looking for the ship whose symbol would match that of the table. Each foot step thumped like her heart in her ears -- or maybe that was her heart. It pounded loudly in her chest to the point she thought it might burst. Anxiety and excitement coursed through her and she fantasized romantically about what her adventures as a sailor might be like.

That's when she saw it. The Reaper's Chalice. A innocent, simple enough plank was set at an angle connecting the ship to the dock. The ship loomed over her with its black flag and ominous, quiet deck. She thought there might've been someone climbing the mast, but it was hard to tell through the fog. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, Olivia made her way up the plank. Already, flaws in the ship started to pop out at her as she examined the port side. Planks stuck out in jagged patterns, nails coming loose. Part of Olivia wanted to get on hands and knees immediately to start sanding everything to a smooth perfection, but it would have to wait until the bigger jobs were done, splinters or no.

Olivia took her first, ginger step onto the deck and looked around. "Hello? I'm, uhm-- Oliver Grey. The new carpenter?"

zozee9

Waiting for something to happen, Sky kept swinging her legs back and forth as she observed the clouds. That one looks like a bunny, she thought. And that one a knife. Staring at the sky, Sky neither heard nor saw the new carpenter. She was too into her shape finding in the clouds to notice anything other than the sleeping man beside her.