Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Cord of Three Strands is Not Quickly Broken

Started by Haze, January 11, 2012, 12:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haze

It was hard to tell in the dim light of Three Oaks Hall, but Kestal smiled as she took the tavern's small stage as if the thing had been built solely for her. Much to her delight, a few claps and cheers were heard over the dull drone of chatter and she lifted a thankful hand to the crowd. In her other hand, the small, unassuming girl, held her lute, and without another moment's delay she lifted the instrument, cradling it to her as if it were a rare treasure. Her dainty fingers began to pluck a light and happy tune, and she lost herself in her music.

Her set tonight was simple and light-hearted, songs of love and friendship, comedic error, and a few songs of battles one and lost. All were done in a humorous tone, for tonight she didn't feel like drawing out the morose drunkards. She much preferred the happy, giggly ones. She happily pranced about on stage, a true performer, relishing in every moment.

As she neared the end of her night's act, she spoke. "For my last tonight," she said softly over the buzz of the room, "is for you men who have been lucky... or perhaps not so lucky, in love." She gave a cute little wiggle of both hips and eyebrow, and launched herself into a delightfully fast and breathtaking reel.

[center:1pqcn2x0]I loved wee Lazy Lydia
And Lydia loved me
The only thing with Lydia
Is she always burned me tea.

I loved wee Lazy Lydia,
She was my sweetest girl
But she'd smash my toes to smithereens
When we danced the Serisen Whirl.

Oh I loved that Lazy Lydia
But she dared not give me a kiss,
So I left Lazy Lydia
When I went outside to take a piss.
[/center:1pqcn2x0]

She giggled in return to the roar of approval the tavern rose, and gave a curtsy before leaving the stage and heading to the bar. She wiped a hand across her brow and curled her lip in distaste at the slick of sweat that slid onto her palm, but her eyes still glittered with the knowledge of a job well done. She laid her lute gently against the the back of the bar and settled herself into a stool. She put a hand to her chest for a quick moment, still catching her breath, before propping her head up on her elbows. She smiled pleasantly to Hablain, the proprietor of the building. "Just water for me tonight, Mr. Pexsa."

Juno

Yes, he was definitely earning his keep today. The night was still young and he could tell from the music and all the voices through the wall that they were already at near capacity. In a little room off the kitchen, Aren was stacking and rearranging everything from bags of flour to clean dishes while his sister stood leaning against the door just watching him. "Nice of you to help," he sneered, glancing over his shoulder as he struggled to get a finicky cupboard door shut.

"No problem," Elaera said with a shrug and teasing grin. "It's busy out there, Kestal's singing again... Think you could help Papa when you're done?"

"Mmm... 'Course." As soon as he'd answered, though, she was leaving since her job had been done. With a heavy sigh, he just shook his head and got back to his current task.

When he was done he walked down through the kitchen again and around the corner to head up the short set of steps to the bar. As he went through that barrier, though, the voices were no longer muffled and he could hear everything quite clearly again. Brushing back his hair, he made sure to retie it away from his face before he dusted flour off his clothes and stepped around his father to fall into tending to bar patrons.

Even without looking up over the sea of people he knew she was there from her song, from her music. Aren knew that Kestal was a reason they got a good chunk of their business on heavier nights, good as it was still without her performances. She did always put on a good show, though.

Chuckling to himself as he spied her coming down from the stage, he kept an ear open as he heard her speaking to his father. Taking it upon himself to pour a glass of water for her, he zipped in to have it set before her even as Hablain was reaching for a clean glass for her while giving voice to his praise of her singing. "Too slow again, Father. How ever will our dear Kessy keep her voice sharp if she's kept parched for such a long time?"

With a snort, Hablain just replaced the glass in his hand and gave his son a rough pat on the shoulder before moving around him to go back to the other patrons. "Don't talk to yer father that way, boy," he'd said simply, though his tone hardly held a warning air at all; he knew just what Aren was up to again.

GoblinFae

Ocarern listened, entranced to Kestal's singing. No matter what she was singing and what he was doing, she always managed to stop in his tracks. To him, her voice was like that of a goddess.

The moment her song ended, his fidgeting began. Out of respect for Aren's father, Ocarern made a rule to not steal from the tavern's patrons, if he could help it. But, being in the crowded in the place made his will weaken. If it were not for the fact that Kestal and Aren were his only friends, he would have stolen thirteen purses already and fled. All the drunken emotions bouncing around the place was enough to give him a headache.

Ocarern retreated further into his dark corner by the bar. He was almost an arm's length away from Kestal and had been about to approach her when Aren showed up. This sight of his childhood crush had him flushing and trying to shrink in on himself. As he watched the pair he tuned himself into their emotions. 'Kessy is gray,' he decided. 'And Aren is red? Very red. Business must be good.' Ocarern blinked owlishly, his ears twitching about as he looked at Aren. To him colors and shapes were people's emotions. It was a childlike perception of empathy but it was the only way he could describe it.

Gray for Kestal after a night of preforming was not unusual. It meant that she was probably feeling a bit tired. It was the red that surprised Ocarern the most. It was so, vibrant. In his limited experience with people, Ocarern had concluded that it meant anger, excitement, or fear. Like a puppy, he cocked his head to side, sighing as his hair slid in front of his eyes. 'You never know with him.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Haze

Kestal flashed a thankful grin to Harblain, acknowledging his help, and then took her eyes up to Aren as she lifted the glass of water to her lips. "Thank you, Aren." The water was cool on her throat, and she closed her eyes for a quick second, relishing the more simplistic of pleasures, before leaning forward, toying with the top of the glass with her finger.

She couldn't help a giggle though, as she noted the flour caught in his eyebrow. "You been stacking flour again?" She asked, rasing an eyebrow and pointing at his face. She leaned across the bar, liftng her hand to wipe the stuff from his face, before planting herself back into her seat.

"Have you seen Rennie tonight?" She asked, glancing over her shoulder, hair falling into her eyes as she quickly looked about the dim tavern, but never lighted on her friend's small figure in the corner. "Hmm... " She gave a yawn, and cleared her suddenly thick throat before downing the remaining water in one go. "I have some new songs for tomorrow night - it'll be a somber night though... make sure you've got tissues on hand."

Juno

He had that silly grin lighting up his face, but he just nodded as she took a drink of water. Her question caused him to cock his head in puzzlement, though. "Flour? How'd ya-" Chuckling as she wiped it away from his brow, though, he just shook his head with a sigh. "Ah, yes, the flour. Well, somebody has to do it. The kitchen's a wreck as it is, most nights. Gotta keep something organized." At the mentioning of their friend, though, Aren lifted his head to look about the room.

"Nah, I haven't seen him yet. So rare, he likes hearing ya sing, ya know.... but so good at hiding from us, isn't he?" No, he couldn't seem to catch a glimpse of the elf amongst the crowd now. His eyes even flickered over to the area around the stage, half expecting to see him and frowning a bit when he did not. His eyes continued to scan the room even as Kestal moved on. "New songs?" He perked up. "Not like anyone ever likes Kessy's new songs!" he teased.

"Would you like some more water?" he asked, reaching for the pitcher set further down the bar near the edge at the corner. That was when his eyes finally settled on him just beyond at the other side. "Oca!! Little rascal! Hiding right under our noses, weren't you?" Hiding in the dark again. Ah, I should have known, he thought with a smile as he gestured to Kestal with his head. Winking as he cupped his mouth with his free hand, he mouthed 'she was looking for you!'

GoblinFae

'I am right here Kessy!' Where normally he would have appeared at the mention of his name, tonight he hung back. A surge of emotion gripped his belly tightly, holding him in place. Confused he pressed a hand gently to his stomach. 'Am I getting sick?'

Kestal talking about new songs quickly distracted him though. He began to ponder what ideas she could possibly have come up with when he was startled out of his thoughts by Aren recognizing him. Ocarern lowered his head to hide his now flaming cheeks. Through his fringe he caught what his friend was mouthing and snorted softly. 'Of course she was asking for me. I am her friend, stupid!'

Shyly he sidled his way out of his corner and over to Kessy. He refused to meet Aren's eye and instead addressed the girl sitting beside him. "You played well," he softly praised her. Even as he spoke his whole body tensed and he struggled to keep his gaze from shifting about the room. "I like your songs," he added as a small jibe against Aren's earlier comment.

Ocarern's stomach gave a bubbling flip-flop feeling and he winced slightly at the sensation. Rubbing his stomach he began to survey the room again. "Are you done tonight?" he asked feeling a little antsy.

His mind bounced around as it argued back and forth. 'Too many colors. Too many people. I need to go outside, now. What if Kessy plays again? I will miss it. I can hear her tomorrow. But, I never miss it!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Haze

"Oh quit teasing," she laughed, slapping Aren lightly on the arm, though a faint blush crept into her pale cheeks at the roundabout compliment. She hid it quickly though, not wanting him to see just how quickly the red rushed in, and instead followed his gaze again to find Ocarern. She was about to nod yes to the water, when Aren started calling to the shadows, and spun in time to see Rennie emerge from the shadows.

She watched his approach carefully, and the hand to his stomach didn't get passed her. He's not sick is he? Sweet Kia, please don't let him be ill. She raised a small prayer, but didn't let her concern last for too long as he sidled up to her. As soon as he was near enough, she stretched her arm out and wrapped it around his middle in a gentle, friendly hug, just long enough for her heart to skip a beat, before she pulled back, and reached out for the jug of water Aren had reached for.

"Thank you, Rennie," she said congenially, smiling at him while pouring her own glass. "Was it a little too much, tonight, do you think? Lazy Lydia's a new one, and I feel like I maybe over played it a little," she raised an eyebrow, looking between both her dear friends, but already knew what they'd say in this rare moment of lacking self confidence. That was why she loved them both so dearly.

"Yes, I am finished for the night," she replied to his question, rubbing her hand over her tired eyes. Her skin felt warm to the touch, and she frowned just a little, before carrying on. "Although, I may be persuaded for just another song, if my biggest fans so desire." She flashed both of them a winning smile. I can probably do one more. My voice hurts, but I can always do one more for them.

Juno

He was so very keen to their hug, brief as it was. His eyes widening momentarily, Aren averted his gaze to study the grain of the bar instead until he was sure they weren't touching anymore. He felt his heart flutter even though he knew it shouldn't bother him that they were all usually so relaxed with one another. Close as they all were, he had been carefully guarding what feelings he had past friendship; it was the one thing he was determined to try and keep well-hidden as it was such a dizzying mixture of all sorts of things for him, both budding and otherwise.

At Kestal's words, he just shook his head as that near ever-present smile began to return to him. "Nah, you?! Not at all, Kessy, honest. Cross my heart," he affirmed, making the necessary motion over his chest. "I loved it! Or at least what I could hear of it." For Ocarern's question, though, his eyes wandered between the two, unsure of who to settle on even as she answered.

Aren's eyes grew a bit brighter then and he chuckled to himself as he gave a little bow even across the bar as well as an astonished gasp for her benefit. "If our goddess of song would grant us this one thing, oh! We would be so honored to hear it! At least...I would," he ended with a cheeky grin as he straightened up again, winking to Ocarern with the hope he might encourage her as well. "Though don't be surprised if they start begging for an encore."

GoblinFae

"No!" Ocarern uttered abruptly. His face flushed and his eyes widened as he realized what he had done. More softly he began again, "Kessy is tired. Leave her be, she has played wonderfully tonight. She should rest so we can hear her new songs tomorrow." Like a child, Ocarern crossed his arms over his chest and glared up at Aren. 'Blind boy! You never look beyond your own wants!'

While he avoided confrontation like a child avoids tonic, Ocarern was very territorial when it came to Kestal's music. For her music he would do anything, even endure her embraces without complaint that always left him tense and uncomfortable.

Impatiently he looked towards the door again, hoping she would agree and he could flee to the freer out of doors. The odd feeling in his stomach seemed to be dissipating, much to his relief. 'Outside!' echoed repeatedly in his mind, ringing like a clear chord from Kestal's lute. "I thought you were closing up soon anyway?" he directed towards Aren, confusion creasing his brow and causing his ears to wiggle about again.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Haze

The girl flushed with the praises from Aren, even though they were given in an over exaggerated fashion. She'd do anything to please him, and immediately she made to stand, a bright smile washing away the drawn look in her eyes. This however, was brought crashing down at Ocarern's emphatic objection. How does he know I'm tired? Do I really look that bad? I guess he's right though. I'm not supposed to be over doing it. She sat back down with a resigned sigh, and shrugged her shoulders apologetically to Aren. "You'll have to wait till tomorrow, then," she said with something of a pout, "since my manager is objecting."

Upon the reminder that things were supposed to be closing up soon, she arched an eyebrow to Ocarern. Since when have you been so antsy about leaving on time? She questioned him silently, but made to stand again, reaching down for her instrument. A wave of dizziness washed over her, and she only just avoided smacking her head on the counter, before she righted herself, and slipped down into a crouch to take the lute.

Straightening, though with her hand on the counter to steady her, she said lightly, "let me go and collect my music. I'll meet whichever of you is going to walk me home, at the door." With that, she weaved unevenly to the stage.

Juno

Seeing her move to stand had cranked his smile up a notch, but his face fell at Ocarern's objections. "Hmm, yes he is." Pouting and loosely crossing his arms right back at him, Aren raised his chin in defiance for a moment before turning back to watch Kestal grabbing up her lute. At the mention of someone walking her home, however, it was the elf he looked to instead of the girl.

Quirking a brow, Aren glanced to the various stations of his family about the room currently. All busy... They wouldn't miss me for a little while and I'll help with things when I get back...

"Well, I'll take care of it. Mister Manager must be so busy, right? Taking care of his duties and such, keeping all the ladies in line?" he suggested with a snicker before walking toward the end of the bar to step down and make a sneaky beeline for the door. He knew his friend too well, of course, but that didn't stop him from enjoying a good tease at his expense. I do like getting him all flustered... So adorable.

GoblinFae

Ocarern felt tore in all different directions with the waves of colors and emotions that washed over him. Between their teasing, Aren's pouting, Kessy's weariness, and the patrons' drunkeness, he hardly had any room left for his own emotions, which were many. Part of him wanted to help Kestal while another wanted to comfort Aren, and still another just wanted to flee.

Frustrated and a little hurt by his friends' teasing, Ocarern grumpily yanked his hood up and stormed outside. 'I look out for her and they pick on me. Some friends they are!' He did not go far though; from his current position he could still see the tavern door. Once more he enshrouded himself in the welcoming shadows.

The open, cool night air was instantly soothing to his frazzled nerves. Without the added stress of flashing colors and spiking emotions, Ocarern was able to focus better on his own thoughts. Yet, the more he thought, the more terrible he felt. 'They were only being silly. It is not their fault. I shouldn't act like such a baby. Now they are going to be mad at me and hate me. I am not going to be able to call them friends anymore. Kessy won't let me listen to her play anymore and Aren,' he could feel himself choke up and tears form in his eyes, 'and Aren will glare at me.'

He was getting himself worked up again. Over the years of the trio's friendship, Ocarern had always managed to be the most childlike of the group. His perceptions of things could be very adult but were more often very innocent and naive. One could never tell how he would perceive something though, not even Ocarern himself. Simple teasing like tonight on occasions had been met with more teasing or stuttering from the petite elf. Tonight's outburst was one of the rarer times when things went the opposite as expected.

If Ocarern was not able to reign himself in soon and calm down, then he would be headed for full-blown hysteria. 'They are going to abandon me!' He began to sob and hiccup, sliding down the wall into a small heap.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Haze

As she sat on stage organizing her piles of papers, Kestal watched her two dear friends, until Orcarern disappeared into the shadows. Such a mysterious little fellow, she sighed to herself. There was a tickle starting to grow in the back of her throat, and the girl cleared it lightly, grimacing against the raw feeling there. I'll have to do a much smaller set tomorrow. I hope that wont cause problems for Hablain.

With fingers shaking slightly, she finally gathered up her music and tucked it into her satchel, which she then slung over her shoulder. She stumbled a little down the steps, shaking her head at her clumsiness, but headed to where Aren waited without further mishap.

With a little smile she slipped her arm to link with Aren's, and leaned her head on his arm as they walked out the door, while her heart gave a little skip of pleasure. Thank Kia we've been friends for so long. This had always been the way for us. But I do like it, so very much. I do need it though. I can't believe how tired I am tonight.

Stepping out the door, she smiled up at him. "What did you say to Rennie? He stormed off like you'd stuck a pin under him."

Juno

Waiting by the door, Aren tried to keep a low profile as he continued to watch for any signs of his family taking notice that he'd up and left his post right around closing time. Noticing movement around the stage, his eyes flickered over just in time to see Kestal emerge. Ocarern, however, was nowhere in plain sight, at least not indoors. Maybe he went outside?

Feeling Kessy's arm brush against his own brought about all sorts of odd feelings that he knew were probably just absolutely silly to have by what little bit of contact they had. He adjusted his arm for her, though, and walked her out the door with a little pleased smile playing at his lips for the feel of her head resting against him. Even as a friend... I am so lucky, aren't I? Ah...it's so quiet out here. Very nice.

Looking down at her, that warm, if tired, smile visible there was absolutely infectious. Ah, but she's asking about Oca. Again. Hrm... "He's a bit touchy," he began with a sigh, looking up at the bright starlit sky and the heavy moon hanging over them. "I was merely offering my respect of his station. But, well, I guess he didn't like that at all." With a little chuckle, Aren cast a brief look over his shoulder.

"But I understand. He really loves your music. And...so do I," he finished, voice much gentler now as he thought of his friends.

GoblinFae

Ocarern was startled by the sound of the tavern door opening. Looking up, he watched as Aren and Kessy linked arms and she leaned into him. Ocarern's stomach clenched again, making him feel like he was going to be ill. 'They already have moved on without me,' he hiccuped. 'They don't want me anym-wait Kessy is asking for me.'

He scrambled to pull himself together, both physically and emotionally. The roiling of his stomach only seemed to worsen though. 'I must be getting sick.'

"I am not touchy!" he called to them from their left. He approached them slowly, his head bowed further within his hood. Despite his efforts, his breath still hitched slightly and the tears still continued to fall albeit silently.

Ocarern felt the uncontrollable urge first to separate them and then to hug them both close. It was his fear of rejection among other things that held him back. 'Third wheel, broken wheel, should not be here.'

"Good night," he whispered softly. "I will leave you two. The moon is beautiful tonight." Ocarern felt like hitting himself for that last comment. 'What kind of explanation is that? The moon is beautiful? No wonder they don't want you as a friend. You should never open your mouth. Things go better when you don't. This whole thing would never have started if you hadn't said anything. But, Kessy is tired. Aren should know better than to push her when she works so hard!'

Completely lost in his internal battle, Ocarern still stood there awkwardly. He had forgotten that he was trying to leave the "couple" to themselves. 'It is not your place to defend her. You keep to yourself Ocarern, and no trouble will come looking for you.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Haze

"I'm glad you enjoy it," she offered, feeling her stomach give a flutter. "One of the songs tomorrow is especially for you... And for Rennie, too, if he decides he wants to come and listen." She blushed a little, knowing now that she'd given away a little secret. She was going to have to make sure the song was perfect now, and she knew she'd probably end up staying up half the night trying to get it just right. And that wouldn't help, not at all.

As the voice called out from the left, she gave a startled jump, and her head spun to find the familiar voice. Seeing him approach though, she gave a smile his way, and loosened her grip on Aren's arm.

"Rennie, you're such a goose, why'd you take off like that. You know I'll happily have both my men walk me home," she laughed, letting go of Aren's arm, and walking to their friend. She crouched down a little, trying to see under his hood, and tilted her head slightly as she caught a glimpse of tears on his cheeks.

"Oh, Ocarern," her voice was sad now, and as she hardly ever used his proper name, it was easy to tell she was concerned. "Have you been crying? You have. Oh you ninny, come here!" She quickly stepped to wrap her arms around him, and gave him a gentle squeeze before stepping back, and holding him at an arms length.

"Yes, the moon is beautiful. Why don't the three of us go and watch it for a while, like we used to? We haven't done that for so long. I'd like that." She threw a glance over her shoulder to Aren, hoping he would agree.

Juno

A decided tightness began to form in his chest for the idea that she had written a song for them. Even if he was only a half to that, it was still something he knew he would cherish no matter how it turned out. "I can't wait to he-" Hearing Ocarern's voice, though, also gave him a bit of a start. Looking over as he approached them, Aren found he felt more than a little disappointed to feel Kestal gradually slipping away from him. As she went to the elf, however, he also felt his heart give a jump to hear that their friend had been crying. So I wasn't just hearing things...

He found he felt oddly conflicted now. He didn't want to share Kessy, but he also didn't want Oca crying. Watching as she gave him another hug, though, brought about quite a bit of jealousy that he tried desperately to mask. That's the second one tonight and in hardly any time at all. She hasn't given me any hugs! I haven't gotten hardly attention from him either...

Wanting to remain as dependable a friend as ever, though, Aren stepped closer to put a hand to the smaller man's shoulder. "Oca, would you please just walk with us?" Raising his other arm, though, he moved closer to his side and wrapped his arms around his shoulders to give him a brief squeeze and a cheeky kiss to the side of his head. "Don't be sad?" he asked with puppy-dog eyes.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings... Can we all walk together?" he finished, casting a hopeful peek under the hood as he slipped his arms down back to his sides before standing back to full height.

GoblinFae

The onslaught of emotions from his friends served both to hearten and confuse Ocarern. 'Kessy cares! Oh no, I made them upset. Why is Aren green? I need to fix this. I'm being hugged!' His mind bounced around from thought to thought before crashing with the last physical contact.

Blushing fiercely, he turned to reply to Aren and clumsily tripped over his own feet, causing his hood to fall backd. Pinwheeling his arms he tried to regain his balance but only managed to collide wholly with the taller man. Ocarern's arms came around Aren's waist and for a moment he just stayed, frozen in the awkward embrace. 'Touching!' his mind screamed.

Quickly he disentangled himself but the redness creeping up his ears and neck was quite evident as was the chaotic twitching of his pointed ears. "Dooh" he groaned, slamming his hands over his hot face. "Sorrysorrysorry," he chanted until it sounded like one long hissing sound.

Feeling flustered and embarrassed, Ocarern maneuvered himself behind Kestal and began to push her from behind. "Let's go moon-looking!" he cried excitedly. He was practically bouncing in place in order to distract them from the topic of himself. The thought that this only made him more noticeable never crossed his mind.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Haze

Kestal stepped back as Aren pulled Ocarern into a hug. She felt no pang of jealousy, she was just happy that her two friends seemed to care as much for each other as she did for them. The kiss, on the other hand, made her avert her eyes. Why him? He's just upset. Why don't you kiss me? I want a kiss. With a little blush rising in her cheeks, she brushed her hand against her face, feeling the hotness there, and ducked her head. Don't do that silly.

But as she looked to Ocarern, she saw his own blushing, and just smiled that she wasn't alone with feeling slightly embarrassed. With his sudden crashing into him though, she just laughed, finding the moment completely awkward, but endearing all the same. That's what made them special, she decided, they could always be in contact, and no one thought more of it. Wish he would though, she thought, casting a sly glance to Aren, before collecting herself again.

And then she was being pushed along the road. She wasn't strong enough to even try resisting, and she just shook her head, laughing. "Alright, Rennie. Settle down!" She side stepped out of his way, and fell to his side. The laughter caused a tightness in her chest, and she took a wheezy breath, which quickly turned into a fit of coughing. The coughing was deep, chesty and wracking, and she had to stop, one hand pressed to her chest, and the other covering her mouth. Her whole body convulsed with the power of them, and when the fit was finally over, she was paler than before, and a sheen of sweat had broken out across her brow.

This is not good. smile. Smile at them. She patted her chest a few times, her mouth curling in distaste beneath her hand, before she took a slow and shaky breath, and gave them as bright a smile as she could manage. "'Scuse me. I must have over done it tonight. I have a tickle in my throat. Wh-where shall we go? Down to the docks?""

Juno

It was all happening so quickly, but even under the moonlight he could tell he'd caused his friends to blush. Ocarern's clumsy hug was met with kind hands to his shoulders and soft eyes. He's tripping all over himself, poor guy. Aren slipped himself away just as quickly, though, smiling as he watched the other man dance around Kestal and urge them all on.

With a pleased sigh, glad some pep had returned to him somehow, he walked briskly to catch up. He was startled, though, by the fit of coughing that suddenly gripped her. "Kessy?" he asked, concerned as he drew closer and set a cautious hand to her back. A tickle? Hm...bet she's really worn out again. I shouldn't have pushed her to sing, she probably would have hurt her voice. Her suggestion drew him away from these thoughts for a moment, though. Flashing a smile, he glanced over to Ocarern for approval as he nodded.

"That would be nice, it'd be cooler out there. Quiet...and the moon would be right there, eh?" It wasn't just the idea of getting some time with his friends, though, it also sparked memories fond and otherwise of their childhood adventures. For him, it had always been one of his favorite spots to be with them, though there were others as well, of course.

"Oca, what have you been up to today? I haven't really seen you around that much, unless you were hiding out from your dear friend, Aren," he said with a mock sneer, snickering and giving himself away towards the end, as was usually the case.