Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Witness

Started by Haze, March 19, 2012, 10:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haze

It had been a busy and frustrating two weeks. There had been so much to try and do and comprehend in such a short amount of time that she was absolutely exhausted. Kahlani scratched the side of her nose absently, and blinked into the fading light of the afternoon. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to make a start on her travels when she would have to stop soon enough, but if she was going to beat the bolts of fabric she'd ordered at the start of her trip back to Ketra, then she knew she had to get a move on.

Her head was filled with a tired buzzing, a droning that went on and on and reminded her of all the communication problems she'd had. She should be getting used to it by now, she thought, after so many years of living in silence, but it still annoyed her to no end that something as simple as everyday life so difficult. She had no letters aside from those used to spell her name, had no sign aside from what she'd made for herself, and certainly had no comprehension of language, and how words even sounded.

Scuffing her foot along the ground, and watching the flowing silk materials of her skirts and admiring the way the silver stitching glimmered subtly against the midnight blue fabric (there had to be some perks of being a talented seamstress – she occasionally got enough commission on a job to be able to make something lovely for herself, and not that it was practical for travelling, but chances were she'd be stopping before she reached the outskirts of the city anyway, and would find a cheap inn to sleep in, so her wearing of it was validated), the young woman was completely distracted.

She began crossing over the road, completely unaware of the wagon coming up from behind and rider approaching from the front. She lazily walked forward, ignorant of the blasting yells of the wagon driver; she yawned, missing the sight of the rider waving his arms at her, and his yelling at her that she was about to get trampled. She didn't even notice from the thundering vibrations on the ground that there was something big approaching. Things might have been different had there been more people around, but the streets had been quiet in this area for a good amount of time. There was no one to yank her back from impending doom.

She wouldn't remember how it happened exactly, and would know how it was that she had been so distracted as to not have noticed, but less than a second after stepping down, Kahlani was knocked to the ground, sprawling forward underneath the back wheels of the wagon. She didn't feel them bumping over her and bruising her legs, or the road tearing into the skin of her hands, or the way she hit her head. It was almost a merciful thing she didn't hear the wagon driver curse, and spur his horse on; or see the other rider just pass her by after giving her a cursory once over.

GoblinFae

Ocarern on the other hand, would probably remember the event for the rest of his life. He had been on his way to do an honest bit of thievery after a day of Aren-watching when he had come around the corner to see the terrible sight of the woman get hit and run over. He felt the red anger bubble within his heart as the men who had hurt and seen the accident did nothing for the woman except pass her by.

'Stupid humans! Aren wouldn't have acted like that, guess he's the exception as usual.' He cautiously made his way over to the woman and stared down at her. 'Well serves her right for getting run over too. That was a dummy move!'

Watching her aura shift colors he recognized she was not dead and considered walking away. 'Someone else will probably come along and help her, she's not my problem. But on the other hand, that wouldn't make me any different than them. Then on the other hand, she's not dead, she'll wake up soon enough. On the other hand if I do leave her here she could get hurt again, or robbed. Robbed! Does she have money?'

Ocarern kneeled down and began to repectfully pat her down, feeling for her purse. 'Isn't this a bit unfair? It's not like she is aware enough to stop me. On the other hand she shouldn't have been stupid enough to get hit. On the other hand this could be considered a worse crimpe than just stealing. On the other hand stealing is stealing and you sleep you weep. On the other hand-for the love of all things purple! How many other hands are there?'

The elf looked down at this woman and for a moment felt a pain in his heart. 'What if this was Kessy? I wouldn't leave her like this and I must certainly would not rob her in this state. But, how do I help? I can't just take her with me. I have work to do. The inn? No, I'll never hear the end of it. And Aren will get the weird greenish color again.' He shudder making a "yick" sound before returning to the task at hand. "What to do, what to do?"

Looking about the elf found a stick and began poking the felled woman with it. "Hey, wake up. Get up. Up, up up! Come on lady, I'm not going to wait here with you all day." Ocarern worried his lip and tapped his foot nervously. 'What if she doesn't wake up? Steal the money and run? Stay and wait? No, I'll get caught like that. Leave her? Oh why did it have to be me?' he angrily stomped his foot. Uncertain of what action to take, Ocarern continued to stare down at the woman, occassionally poking her with the stick.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Haze

She was quite unawares of the little inner turmoil going through the mind of the elf that was coming to her aid. Or was maybe coming to her aid, or was maybe going to leave her in the streets. It was with a groan and a rolling of her head to the side that she responded to the prodding in her side. The groan was muffled in the back of her throat, she could feel the rumbling of it. Her hand drooped over her towards the poking, and feebly swatted at the offending object.

As her green-gold eyes fluttered open, they stared in confusion at the man crouched over her. Her mouth was pulled down at the corners and her hand lifted to tenderly hold her head. She was frowning now, and struggled to sit up. She hurt. All over. But mostly her head was an incessant pounding drum. The pounding in her head was echoed in a rumble of thunder that came from nowhere.

Confused and fuddled, she pointed at herself, and then shrugged. What had happened? Where was she? Then she pointed to the elf, and tilted her head gently. Who was he? Was he a friend, or foe? And why was he poking her with that darned stick?

GoblinFae

The elf flinched horribly at the rumble of thunder, while trying to console himself that he was just upset with possibly getting wet and not the actual fear the storms instilled in him. "Ah good you're awake!" He beamed down at the woman and then blinked in confusion at the emotional aura she displayed. A white cloud as thick as fog nearly completely obscured her from his view.

'Well she did just a knock to the head. Not surprising she is a bit loopy.' He was not recognizing the hand motions she was making and shifted about awkwardly in place, unsure of whether to leave or stay. 'Can't steal from her now. Do I go? I have no business with her now. Or do I stay? She is hurt. Aren would never leave her like this. Damn you Aren for being my conscience!'

Ocarern stomped his foot down a bit lighter in frustration, accidentally kicking dust up at her. "Listen you probably should get inside, it's about to rain. So I'll just uh-" The elf wiggled his hands about as he moved them over to point back toward the tavern. In the end he just let them fall but made no move to walk away. His feet shuffled in the dirt as he stared down at them.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Haze

His mouth was moving. Of course his mouth was moving. Kahlani let out a great sigh, shoulders rising and falling heavily as she brought her hands up to her face, just in time to shield her eyes from the dust that suddenly flew at her face. She scowled at the funny little man, looking at his feet. He was being so awkward. Couldn't he see she needed help? With another sigh, she struggled up to her feet, and followed the direction he'd pointed to. It was the opposite way she wanted to be travelling, but even she knew that she was in no position to carry on back home.

Once she was standing, she found that to her dismay, she could put hardly any weight on her left foot at all, and her body ached in so many places she was swaying a little with the effort of being upright. She did however manage to get herself together enough to point in the same direction the smaller man had (since she had several inches on him, she realised), and nodded. How she was going to get there, however, was a completely different story.

Her brow furrowed at the deep throbbing pain in her ankle, and tentatively she put a hand out towards the man. She waved it down to her foot, and pulled a pained face, before pointing to him, and then back to herself. Will you help me?

GoblinFae

When the woman had started to get up on her own, Ocarern allowed his attention to be drawn away from her to the sky. The dark clouds rolling in were making him anstier by the second. His gaze returned to her as she pointed back towards the inn as well. The elf shrugged and was about to move on when the woman began pointing between the two of them and at her foot.

The elf's eyes widened in horror as the puzzle pieces began to all fit together before his eyes. 'Injured foot. Can't walk. Lots of pain. Assistance.' He broke out into a cold sweat as his breathing became faster and faster. At last a choked out squeal of "no" escaped him as he hopped back from the woman.

"No, no, no! No touchy! Touchy bad. Ooo, storm coming not good." He made several frustrated grunts and wiggles as he moved back and forth between worrying about the storm and about being touched. Ocarern kept a wary eye on the woman, scaring himself badly as he found himself closer to her than he intended in one of his hops. 'Not good, not good. Very bad! Damn Aren where are you when I need you?' The poor elf finally tripped in a dip in the road and fell flat on his back where he pathetically bemoaned his situation with heels of his hand pressed into his eyes and ears wiggling about in distress.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Haze

Really? Really!? You're not going to help me? Kahlani stared down at the wiggling fellow with a look of pure shock. Her wide eyes were bugged out, brows arched high in disbelief, and mouth opened. Hands went to her hips as she stood unsteadily. And the longer she spent staring at the man on the ground, the more incredulous and frustrated she became. Is he sick now? He doesn't look very good.

Up above, the thunder crashed, rumbling deep in the air. Kahlani looked away from the figure on the ground, and up to the ground, just in time to be hit square in the eye by a big, heavy raindrop. She hissed as she rubbed her eye, blinking rapidly. It stung. The rain was starting in earnest now, and Kahlani looked longingly over in the direction the other had pointed to, and with a resigned set to her face, she snatched up one of the man's wrists and proceeded to half hop and half drag the creature across the ground. Since he was sick. She thought.

GoblinFae

Ocarern squealed at the top of his lungs, flopping about on the ground as the strange woman began to drag him around. "Let me go, let me go! I'm not some toy. Unhand me you cretin! You can't just go around touching people, you'll give me girl stuff!"

The rain beat down on him, soaking him thoroughly. His pleas became more whiny and his struggles more jerky as he tried to free himself. They had not gotten very far when he suddenly found the ground dipping under him from a wayside ditch.

Siezing the moment, the frustrated elf jerked his arms into his chest and rolled, hoping to unbalance the woman so he could get away. "I said no touchy! What are you, daft woman? Leave me be! Honestly, a man can't do his fair share of work around here anymore, what with weird women dragging them off for nefarious nuptials."

He shook his finger in her direction. "Don't think for a second I don't know what you're up to." Ocarern nodded his head sharply. "Aye, I'm no idiot. Why I know everything there is to know." Getting to his feet, he was not paying attention to what was in front of him and stood up straight into the railing of someone's porch. "That was deliberate!" he justified.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]