Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ex Libris Nascent

Started by Nascent, May 01, 2013, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nascent

Hail and well met, SotE!

An RPer of many years, both on fan-based and original roleplay forums, I've been wandering for a while seeking a new forum to call home... somewhere to recapture that spark of magic, that touch of adventure and muse that's escaped me in my last several attempts. And I have high hopes indeed for this place -- an active community of 11 years is nothing to scoff at!

Like I said, I've been all over and done a bit of everything (or almost everything) where RP is concerned. Got my start almost 17 years ago on an oldschool sparring forum called Unrivaled; when it closed down I drifted for a while, spent some time on the ultra-competitive AnimeLeague forums but grew tired of the all-the-time combative atmosphere and set out in search of new frontiers. I've run one or two moderately successful forums and even met the love of my life through forum RP -- I have immense respect and admiration for this fine hobby / art form, if it wasn't already obvious. Some years back I wrote up one of the web's very few articles on competitive RP; feel free to give it a read if you're so inclined.

I've had a number of creative influences / fandoms over the years: Slayers, Chrono Trigger, Soul Eater, Mirai Nikki, Code Geass, SAO, even an early period as a Sonic RPer under the name 'Specter'. I believe very strongly in the greatness of imagination, writing, and RP specifically; it does more to build up a person's individual skillset and view of what's possible in life than, in my opinion, any other hobby in existence. Whether casual, story-driven, or competitive, I'll always stand by the view that roleplay is exceptionally, even extraordinarily, human and powerful.

... Aaaaand that's enough ranting and rambling from me! xD Looking forward to digging into some stories here and meeting the community!

Rhindeer

Howdy there and welcome! 8D Glad you could make it here! It's definitely a great place to rekindle that spark as we've got an awesome and friendly bunch of RPers here, if I do say so myself! ^^

Also huzzah for Soul Eater! 8D I would add Chrono Trigger too but I still have to play it, even though I own it. Love Chrono Cross though! Oh man, fun times.

But yeah! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! And if ya ever wanna RP, well, I'm always open and have lotsa characters, haha. Happy RPing! ;D

(And hey, if you're interested in sci-fi, you should check out Remnants of the Earth--it's SotE in the far future! xD)
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

wolfie

Welcome aboard! Always love seeing new people find this place. I've been around on a few RP's myself nothing like finding one to really connect with. If you find you need a buddy to write with just let me know. I'm always looking for fun. ;)

visualspice

Welcome to SOTE Nascent! SOTE IS a very fun and active rp, so if you're looking for a very friendly and open, active community with original charactres, content and adventure, you've certainly come to the right place :D
I also got my humble beginnings like 10 years+ years ago when I was in highschool, doing the anime rp thing (gundam rps and like ronin warriors to start off with.. looool- oh oh, and Tenchi Muyo) before I too, became bored with doing fandom rps and eventually stretched myself out into the world of original rp and eventually ran my own for like 6-7 years or something :T

But it's always good to see fresh new faces, so I hope you enjoy your time rping here with us! Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you got 'em, the members and staff are super friend and we're always willing to help!

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! It's great to see an RP forum that values community and creative freedom as much as this one does -- I'm starting to think that may be what's been lacking in the last few places I've ventured to.

Rhi-Rhi: I'd stake my reputation that you're going to LOVE Chrono Trigger! It's a classic gem amongst oldschool RPGs. You'll find that it has significantly fewer playable characters than Cross and a somewhat more simplified setting, but a lot of people say it's easier to follow and it'll make sense of a lot of things that may have left you confused in Cross. Plus, WAY more Dual and Triple Techs and time periods to visit. You're in for a fun ride! ^_^

Wolfie: I'll have to take you up on that, then.

Visualspice: Ah, my novice days... I'd be so embarrassed to show anyone my posts from way back then, but there is still that touch of nostalgia. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow veteran of the art, btw. Hope we get to have some great threads together!

GoblinFae

Welcome!!!

Sorry I'm late in greeting >.< So glad you could join us. New members always fun and you seem to have QUITE a lot of experience under your belt, go you!

On a side note, I totally back your reputation: Chrono Trigger is AWESOME!

But, yes as everyone has already said, we're friendly, eager to help, and obsessed with writing ^.^ Your character looks awesome by the way. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Happy writing!

Also sorry for disjointedness, excitement of it being friday + lack of sleep = very tired goblins
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nascent

Not late or disjointed at all in my opinion Goblin! Always pleased to meet someone as clearly awesome as yourself. ;D And thanks for the compliments on Kassom; in the weeks coming up I should have a few of my other characters up and going too, so I hope I continue to impress.

And yeah, Chrono Trigger:

I'm a big, BIG fan. Now, pop quiz: shopped or not shopped? 8)

GoblinFae

I can't wait to see what else you come up with ^.^

And shopped of course!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nascent

xD Good eyes! I've fooled a few people with that one over the years, but you didn't hesitate. I think we're gonna get along quite well you and I!

Winters-Feather

ooh i've played chrono trigger! i have it lol It was really fun , especially the combo moves!