Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Time for me to have a go.

Started by Juer Kalmuri, January 21, 2013, 11:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juer Kalmuri

Alright, I might as well start off this little misadventure on the right foot, I am Juer, or rather my character's name is Juer, my preferred alias is Jack. I fancy myself a somewhat competent writer and role-player.  Though that may be disproved right quick as this place would have me think everyone here is quite the same if not better.

Things I enjoy:

Dark, grim plot lines, I am not shy about my character's death. Nor am I shy of other characters (depending on how this site uses the death of characters, or for that matter, disabilities obtained though black magic and/or combat ie; blindness.)

Mature and fair role-playing. (Too often I am faced with situations where someone, be it me or the person I am role-playing with where one of us does not understand the mechanics/range of ability of one another, and it evolves into an argument that ruins the fun of the roleplay. I do my best to avoid this.)

Well defined, somewhat strict rules and guidelines. (Coming from many-a-RP where the most powerful characters are always the ones whom have discovered loopholes or ways to break the game-world in terms of "power level" for lack of a better term. I like it when there is an enforced normality to the game, and powerful characters get that way over time and the Role-player deserves their rank)

Things I do not like:

Things being too generic or predicted. (I am someone who always tries to look for something new or at least, fill a role that is taken by few or no-one else on the site. Things quickly become boring when one sees the 20th hellfire demon-lord thingy they've had to fight in their lifetime. Even more boring when they way to beat them is always the same)

Waiting an enormous amount of time for someone to post. (I love role-playing, I love the post-by-post style and think it is one of the best formats when utilized correctly. But I can not stand it when someone is online for multiple hours with only one or two topics and is unable to post in at least one of them due to being "busy" This will not get me upset however unless this is done for more than one day in a row. I try to be understanding and will not bother you if you need to take a day to post, but please do not start a topic with me unless you are going to be somewhat active in it.)

Abuse of power/Staff member characters having a clearly defined edge on user characters. (This should not need explaining.)

There we have it, three likes, three dislikes, an introduction. I think my work here is done for now, now let us see what you all think of it!   

visualspice

Hi, Juer!
8D Wow, long intro
BUT WELCOME ABOARD

SOTE is a VERY welcoming place with a lot of active rpers (myself included).
I'm sure, after scouting the site, you might find a few ideas to suit your fancy.
I'm a pretty aggressiver rper, it seems you might be the same way? I sort of stalk characters and try to line up a loose, pre-planned plot idea before tossing characters out there into a thread, if only to ensure the thread doesn't go flat 8D

But, if I were you, I'd simply create a character, maybe post up your wants and limits on a page as well, and start selling yourself that way-
or, again, if you're like me, PM other players you are interested in interacting with to inquire about possible play X3

Everyone here is SUPER nice and SUPER friendly and SUPER helpfully, so I hope you can find what you want 8D

Also, don't hesitate to ask questions! THe admins and members are always happy to help!

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Juer Kalmuri

Sorry if it was a bit of a read, my introduction. But I felt it was necessary for anyone who wishes to role-play with me to know what I am all about.

I am a fairly aggressive role-player actually. I often find that characters that clash with other characters tend to be the most fun to role-play as. This clash does not always have to be in the form of violence, however.

When it comes to starting a thread, I will often times seek out other members to initiate a role-play though PMs, to see if they would like it. Should all else fail however, I will seek out active open threads to poke into and stir things up. I tend to strictly follow a timeline however, so I try to keep interactions as close as I can to being a straight line of events. As it is easier to keep track of, as well as role-play, since you only have to focus on the one or two topics.

Thank you for welcoming  me so readily, I look forward to role-playing here with you and anyone else who wishes to role-play once I have fully gotten my barrings.

visualspice

Yeah my favorite kind of role play is the bickering kind 8D
Gotta love when character's butt heads or are forced in situations that make them immensely uncomfortable and out of their element~

Good stuff, good stuff!

Hope you find what you're looking here X3

and I know what you mean about time line. I tend to keep most of my characters to one thread at a time. I only have like two characters that break this role, only because the one is a pretty well-to-do Duke in Connlaoth who is eyeing up the 'Grand Duke' position~ so I've got him all over the place X3

DOING DUKELY THINGS

but yeah >>

Hope ya have fun here and can't wait to see what sort of characters you want to bring in to play X3

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Hi and welcome!

Um, I obviously spend too much time on FB, because I wanted to hit the Like button for your post.  Except there is no Like button, of course, and that made me temporarily very sad.  The Wants & Limits page is exceptionally helpful in letting other people know what you're looking for and what you are trying to avoid.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand...  Hit me up some time if any of my characters look interesting!  I've marked which characters are open on my character catalog page, as well as some hooks, etc.  I'm also always interested in making up new characters, especially those to fulfill a given role rather than just hanging out in the RP Void waiting to be picked up.

GoblinFae

Welcome!!!

Seems you've come to the right place. We're an easy-going group with a wide-range of interests of our own. You will no doubt find grim writers among (self-included). We believe in communication with each other being the best policy when uncertainty abounds. If you have any questions feel free to ask, once we get you threading, we will be sure to ^.^

Once you're ready to play just give us a shout and we will get you going. I look forward to working with you in the future ^.^

Happy Writing!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Paradox

Welcome, Jack!

I'm not going to be a broken record here and repeat what everyone else has already said because I'm quite lazy and I'm sure it's a little irritating to be fed the same bits of information multiple times! :P

Anywho, you get respect points for not being afraid to kill characters off. Not an easy thing to do if you happen to like a character (unless you're into tragedies.) I've only ever done this to beloved characters of mine while writing my novel. I've never gotten around to it in roleplay! (unless you count secondary protagonists and primary antagonists). I also appreciate people who are willing to fill less desired roles. I find this difficult to do unless I know that people will still want to write with me. Otherwise, it's lonely!

In closing, I hope that you find what you're looking for in SotE and enjoy your stay with us.

Juer Kalmuri

A quick thank you to all whom had posted in this thread, I am now finished creating my first character, and have made a character catalogue for him (link provided below)

And a quick individual response to each person kind enough to welcome me:

Visualspice: Thank you very much for the warm welcome again, and I will keep that in mind, Your duke may very well get a visit from my first character, given who he is and his quest he feels he must do involves. I look forward to seeing it play out.

Ivory: I am flattered that you'd "Like" my post if given the option, and I will be sure to look into your characters to see if it would be possible to in the (very) near future role-play!

Goblinfae: Thank you for the welcome and I am glad to see a very kind and warm presence coming from all members I have currently interacted with. While still maintaining a realistic view on the actual in-character role-play. I look forward to working with you as well, should we both not get caught up in the murder of some unlucky fellow member. -Evil grin-

Paradox: These "respect points" Interest me, but that is a side thing, I have always been open to the natural life and death of any character where it would make sense. Part of my morbid personality I guess? haha, ether way. I am glad to see there is a way to recognize players who are willing to do this. And while my first character may not fill a needed role, any other characters I make will at least try to follow as I said before about looking for what is needed and attempting to build from there. xD

Links:
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14113.msg123396#msg123396 - Character Bio - full
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14114.0 - Character Catalogue
http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=14116.new#new - Juer's wants and needs.