Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hi there

Started by Halkyone, July 30, 2014, 04:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halkyone

Hello. I saw this board's banner in a few different signatures on RPG-Directory, so I thought I'd give it a look. It took a decent amount of courage to join, seeing how huge and long-running this site is @_@ But I got over the intimidation, and now I'm here, haha. So, uh, yeah. I've been RPing for about nine or so years now (I'm 19), though I haven't been part of huge boards like this in quite some time. Actually, I haven't been part of side-wide RPGs in a handful of years; I've stuck to single-thread and some rapid-fire stuff for the most part. But I wanted to get back into this style of RP, so here I am! I'm looking forward to spending time here ^^

By the way, you can call me Hal, if you'd like. But I won't open any pod-bay doors for you ;)

2001: A Space Odyssey, anyone? Anyone?

GoblinFae

Welcome!

Glad you could join us here at SotE, we're happy to have you! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch and eager to assist. Once you have your character(s) up and ready to go just give us a shout and we'll have you threading in no time!

On that note I must congratulate you on getting that courage to join. I entirely understand (it took me 5 years to get mine xD) and I think I speak for us all when I say we're really excited to have you join us. I look forward to working with you in the future too.

Happy writing!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Halkyone

Thanks!

Heh, I'm glad it wasn't just me who was intimidated. That's reassuring to know XD Anyway, I actually have a character ready to go right now. Should I just head over to the Plotting Center or something, then?

GoblinFae

You most certainly can! You can also start your own thread if you like or hop into an already open thread (though given shyness I personally always PM members to check if that's okay, you don't have to though :)).
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Halkyone

Hehe. I'm actually really super shy and have a hard time approaching people, so I'm not sure I could even work up the courage to PM anyone ^^; It might be best for me to check out the Plotting Center, heh... I'll give it a look right now.

GoblinFae

Lol no worries. If it makes it easier for you we can all mass PM you :P
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

GoblinFae

OH! I nearly forgot. You can join us in the cbox located on the bottom of the forum page. There is almost always someone in there chatting and it's a great way to meet us and feel less shy :)
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Halkyone

Alright, thanks for letting me know ^^ I have to go for a little bit right now, but I'll give it a look as soon as I get back!

Alegretto

Hey there Halkyone, welcome to the site!

We can't let Goblin be the only one to welcome you ;)

I think that Goblin covered everything, but I just want to reiterate how welcome you are XD

And I understand that it can be tough to work up the courage, but please, don't be afraid to PM me, or any of the mods with any questions you might have. I don't bite, and most of the moderatos don't either XD

Once again, welcome to SotE! I hope that you enjoy your time here and that you can get comfortable with the community!

Halkyone

Thanks for the welcome! ^^