Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wanted (GoblinFae)

Started by Ycharley, December 03, 2012, 01:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

Orenda had just made it to the knew town, it looked like any other typical Connloath town. She was planning and hoping to use her abilities of persuasion to get herself a job. First though she was going to have to get her baring and settle in. Orenda had been pleasantly surprise that there were no Mordecai, or least not yet.

She continued to look around, glad that her plain clothing fir right in the people there. She stopped to admire the architecture of the church, trying to seem as normal as possible. She figured the best place to find a job and place to stay for a new comer would be a tavern. She found one that was close the town center, knowing those usually had the best and most accurate information.

She saw a man, she would guess a bard sense he was speaking in verse. There weren't many people there, but it was early, most would be working. She reached up, gently touching his shoulder. That's when it hit her, and it appeared to anyone watching as if someone had actually hit her, knocking her back half a step and nearly knocking her down.

A vision, she rarely had them, and she honestly didn't like them, they were too draining. She seen a quick picture of a centaur, and didn't understand why he would give her that type of vision. A dark blush spread over her face, she hoped that he didn't feel when she touched him.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth had taken up residence in the Murky Ale Taproom for the day, planning to do a bit of business before bed and traveling again the next day. Ylli, the sweet thing was all bundled up in a clean stall with a heavy flannel blanket to keep him warm until Iorwerth could rejoin with him.

In the meantime though, the human part of Iorwerth had begun a long epic extremely loosely based off a tale he had once heard from a woodsman concerning an axeman who attempted and failed to save a town on fire only to be shown up by a woman in the end. It was a comical piece that was spoken in rounds of rhyming verse and repeated segments that allowed everyone to join in should they chose.

Thankfully it was proving to be the start of a healthy crowd today and he had not been without a drink in his hand the whole thing through. Once the sun began to fall and the men quit their work, then he would really begin to lay on the verses thick and win himself a meal and perhaps even a bath with coin to spare if he told his tales right.

He was just coming to the part when the girl was about to knock the man on his rear when he felt a gentle brush across his shoulder. Now in a tavern where drunkards came to drink from sunup to sundown it was nothing new to have one bump into you or even fall into your lap. But, the sudden movement that followed the touch had him so startled that he craned his neck over to look, forgetting completely the next lines to the tale.

"Um uh," he shook his head and laughed nervously as he eyed the heckling crowd. "One moment please. Are you alright there? You trip or something? Best take care with these floorboards, there are a few trick ones that like to give if you don't know where they are."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Ycharley

Orenda took a deep breath, her heart racing in her chest. "I-I'm fine, and thanks for your concern and warning, though it seems to be a bit late," She spoke, her words rushed and quiet, a near whisper.

The day had been a long one, and it was getting worse, her head was still spinning from the vision. She walked on around him and to the bar, planning on buying a few drinks to help erase the embarrassment from her mind. She became hyper aware of the space between her and other people, not wanting to have another vision and make it worse then it already was, or at least, how bad it felt to her.

She placed a bronze coin on the bar and nodded a quick thanks to the bartender as he passed her an ale. She turned, taking a big drink of her ale, listening to the man she had bumped into. He was half decent if not good, he would make good coin once the bar continued to fill up.

GoblinFae

The man nodded his head slowly, feeling chastised by the stranger for warning her too late. His story from that point on came out rushed and half-done much to the disappointment of all who listened. The drinkers grumbled and returned to their mugs, Iorwerth had not earned any coin on this round. Perhaps the next would be better after he wet his whistle.

He shuffled over to the counter, ordering himself something nonalcoholic while reluctantly handing over his earnings thus far. If his suddenly good morning continued to turn sour that hoped for meal and a bed would be looking pretty cold and nonexistent.

"I'm sorry you tripped," Iorwerth mumbled apologetically to the girl drinking beside him. "I fear my warning did come much to late. It was not my intention to be so tardy. I had only hoped to make you aware in case of future mishaps. Can you forgive me, my lady?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Ycharley

Orenda looked at the man, her face soft, kind, nearly angelic. "I never held anything against you, so there is no reason for me to forgive you. You can't control the old boards in the tavern. So if anything I should be thanking you for the warning for next time. Though, with my record of clumsiness I doubt it will do any good. So relax," She stated with a smile smile.

The man surprised her, few were as kind and willing to ask for forgiveness for anything let alone something that wasn't their fault. She took another sip of her ale, which wasn't the best and hung on the boarder of just drinkable.

She turned to the man after setting the ale down for a moment. "My name is Oernda by the way," She spoke, her voice light hearted and seemed to lighten the mood in the tavern a bit. She hoped the man had some information about a job or houseing. 

GoblinFae

"You are most kind then, fair one. And most generous, I thank you again." Iorwerth bowed deeply before straightening again. "I must admit it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Lady Orenda. I, your humble bard and servant, am Iorwerth."

He smiled pleasantly at the woman. Ever the entertainer, the centaur enjoyed being sociable and interacting with others. The tales they had to tell were always something near and dear to his heart. No adventure was too small or history too boring for him. Every new person he met was a new song to be sung. Stories were his life's blood, his bread and butter. All stories were good, he just was a master of telling them so others thought so as well.

It was for this reason that he felt so drawn to Orenda. She was someone new. He was sure he had never seen her before and because of that he gravitated towards her like the moth to a flame, seeking the warmth and light of new adventures.

"Are you staying here my lady or just passing through? I'm afraid I don't recall meeting you and I swear I would remember a visage as shining as yours."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Ycharley

Orenda chuckled slightly, as she looked over the bard. There was something about him, she knew that she was missing something. She just didn't know what yet.

"And I am sure that I have never met you, because I am sure that would remember someone to friendly," She said before taking another sip of ale. She then continued to answer his question. "I plan on trying to stay here, but I must find work and decent lodging. If I can't find both of those then I am afraid I am only passing through."

She looked past him, behind him, an old habit to make sure she knew what was going on. When you were on the run you always had to know what was going on. She quickly returned her gaze to him though.

"Would you happen to have any information on either?"

GoblinFae

Iorwerth blushed and lowered his head bashfully. He was a humble man and told her as much. "What kind of man would I be if I did not seek to aid a troubled fellow? I believe though I may be of service in one of your particular areas of interest. I highly recommend the lodgings at this very tavern. I happen to be staying here myself as a matter of fact and could put in a word of good favor with the owner if you'd like. It wouldn't be any trouble, really Lady Orenda!"

He beamed pleasantly at the other woman, completely taken with her sweet nature. Iorwerth was a real pushover. It did not even take a pretty face to capture his attention, just a person with a story and as all people had stories to tell, or at least according to him they did, everyone was a friend to chit-chat with and Orenda was no exception.

"As for your second matter I am afraid that the only line of work I know is my own," he said with an apologetic shrug. "I do however find that after a night's rest new opportunity always awakens. Take heart fair lady, perhaps I can hear of something in the mean time and pass it along its merry way to you. If that would be something you're wanting, of course."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]