Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"Then I suppose I will have reason to visit at your shop. I can hardly schedule something with a man who is not here," she giggled, having no idea that the real Donovan was before her. "I look forward to it. Until next time!" she bid him, shyly waving as she separated from him at last and snuck back inside of her home hoping and praying that Eyla had not actually needed her that day.

GoblinFae

Donovan smiled and waved her off, surprised that his heart had not beat its way right out of his chest with the way it was pounding against his ribcage. He waited until she was safely within and he was sure she would not come back out before heading on his way home, not even realizing that he had failed to inform Kailinna of the location of his family's shop.

Once home he eagerly shared his day with his twin who pretended to have several heart-attacks over Donovan's slips in character but was otherwise quite pleased with how the day seemed to have turned out. It would not be long they felt, before they were seeing the young servant girl on a more regular basis.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kai was quite embarrassed once she realized she did not quite remember the last name the brothers shared and had forgotten to ask whereabouts their shop was located. Asking around casually, nobody seemed to know who she was talking about and it made her wonder just how many blonde brothers her sister employed in her guard. Perhaps they are just very, very new and nobody can put the names to faces yet, she reasoned to herself.

She was kept busy and thus was very tired after her day's work and often did not have the energy to go looking. Occasionally she walked the streets again in the evenings hoping to bump into one or both, though she hated to admit she could not quite tell them apart physically. She was certain that when she did see them again she would not know what to call each by name.

It was very late one night at the end of two weeks since her last meeting with Oliver that she finally got a promising lead on the street. An elderly woman seemed to know who she was referring to and the family name "Cabello" sparked her remembrance. She got directions and repeated them to herself under her breath all the way home, certain it was far too late to go to them.

The next evening, once she was released for the day an hour or so before dusk, Kai raced back out into the city clutching her written version of the directions as she darted through the streets. At last she came upon the little shop and stopped. The young woman was quite excited to at last have found where they were supposed to be but she was fearful as well that perhaps it had been too long, that they had given up and moved on to other ladies in their time apart. She hoped it was not the case but was perfectly willing to be turned away, so she stepped inside. Slipping through the door quietly and carefully shutting it behind herself, she tried not let it bang or rattle the door frame. "Hello?" she called cautiously, hoping she would be welcome even though she was not really a customer, though a few items did catch her eye as she stepped further into the store.

GoblinFae

"One moment please if you will," Donovan called out from a heavy stack of bolts of fabric he was carrying in from the back room. It was steeped so high that he did not see who was at the door right away. "Cabello, get in here we have customers!" he bellowed after his twin, using their surname as was their fashion when they were in a silly or irritated mood.

It was only as he rounded the counter that he caught sight of Kailinna out of the corner of his eye and became suddenly started. With a cry of surprise he bobbled the fabrics before dropping them all to the floor and staring at her in complete fright.

"Uh, uh, uh, hi?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

She watched curiously as he came around the counter, uncertain which brother he was though she didn't really have time to wonder about it as she was startled by the sound and sight of the fabrics clattering to the floor. For a moment she stood frozen, eyes wide in surprise, but soon she was flying across the room and on her knees to begin gathering up what he had dropped.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized sincerely, feeling it was her fault for frightening him, bringing non-business into their establishment. She felt a tug in her chest at the realization that it might also be that he didn't remember her and didn't know who she was. "I-I'm Kai. From before. Uh, the ball a few weeks ago," she introduced herself again, apologizing again, "I'm sorry, let me help you." She lifted what she could, trying to set them on the counter as her cheeks turned a dark shade of red.

What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to go to your suitors. If they even count as that anymore. Kailinna was doubting herself but outwardly she tried to put on a friendly face for him.

GoblinFae

"No, no, no really it's fine fine fair lady. You don't need to help. One such as you shouldn't sully her hands with our work," Donovan hurried to say, trying not to stutter as he shooed her off. "Cabello!" he now roared after his brother.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, keep your pants on you big ninny!" Oliver called back as he strolled in through the door. "What's got you all bothe-why hello beautiful," the newly arrived twin purred with a playful wink. "Didn't think we'd be seeing you so soon. What bring you to our neck of the woods, so to say?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

It was endearing how he struggled with her yet still hollered for his brother. Kai realized then that he must have been Donovan and Oliver confirmed that for her as he finally came upon them. With a nervous laugh she pushed herself up and stuffed her directions into her pocket as she cast a regretful look at the rest of what was on the floor.

"Hello," she greeted quietly, folding her hands nervously in front of herself. "I had a bit of time today and I thought I might drop in for a visit." Kai pushed her hair back behind her ears, her hands not occupied enough with her nervousness around them. "If you are too busy I can come back some other time, though," she offered, gesturing at the fabrics Donovan had been carrying.

"I just thought it had been a while since I had seen you," she admitted, though now she feared it was much too soon for them judging by Oliver's choice of words and how she knew she had offered for them to visit her when they could already.

GoblinFae

"Never too busy for the prettiest face the world has ever seen," Oliver readily declared, lightly kicking his brother to get him to stop rolling his eyes. "Is there something I can get you my dear? Some refreshment? Or was there something you were looking to buy for our next outing?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"I didn't have anything in mind," she told him truthfully. "I wouldn't mind a little tour if you could spare the time. I've never been here before, but," she cast a guilty look to the bolts of fabric, "I've already made quite a mess of things. My apologies." Kai bowed her head, hoping he was not just being kind about it.

GoblinFae

Donovan hurriedly put the fabric away before hurriedly nudging past his brother with a mumbled apology to disappear into the back room. Oliver just shrugged at Kailinna and smiled sheepishly. "Don't mind him. He's always a bit overly-devoted to work. I on the other hand would be more than happy to show you around, small as the place may be. Is there anything in particular you're in need of and I can entice you with?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai was a bit disappointed to see that Donovan seemed to lack interest in showing her around. After all, she had mostly come to see him for she did not think Oliver too shy to call upon her if he wished to see her again. She followed him with her eyes until he'd disappeared and then brought her attention to Oliver. "Not that I can think of," she answered, feeling a bit shy for having come into his shop with no intention to buy anything. "But if you can convince me I would not mind parting with a bit of coin for a trinket," she added, not wanting him to think her unwilling to spend anything there.

GoblinFae

Oliver smiled broadly while moving quickly to take her arm with his. "Allow me then my dear! Right this way!" He skipped her around the shop showing off fabrics and trinkets alike however at the end he came to a wall of hand-carved figurines that Oliver hoped would peak Kailinna's interest.

"And these were made by none other than the man currently skulking with shelving behind you," he whispered into her ear while pointing with his head towards Donovan who had been passing curious glances towards the pair once he had reappeared from the backroom. "If you have questions he is definitely the man to ask."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She allowed him to whisk her away and quite enjoyed looking around the place. She didn't notice the eyes upon them nor Donovan returning to the storefront until he was pointed out to her. A quick glance over her shoulder proved that Oliver was correct, but she politely refrained from staring and only flashed him an understanding smile before turning her attention to the little carvings.

The craftsmanship pleasantly surprised her. She never would have guessed a merchant's son so talented out of the blue. "These are beautiful," she admired, reaching out to tentatively brush her hand against one of his pieces, a small bird that looked as if it had been plucked right off of its perch and encased in wood. "Is this...a swallow?" she asked, struggling to recognize the bird she was certain she'd seen countless numbers of in her short lifetime. Kai half-turned to face Donovan once she'd gotten ahold of it, shyly holding it out to him in gesture. "It's very beautiful, how long does it take you to make one of these?"

GoblinFae

Donovan nodded his head solemnly as he slowly moved forward to answer her and Oliver withdrew a bit to let them have their space. "It depends on the size," he admitted sheepishly. "The bigger things take a few weeks but the smaller ones can be done in a day or two if I have the time to focus on them. Do you really like it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai had no idea she was speaking with the very same man she'd been out with a few weeks before, but even though Donovan was truly a man of fewer words she found him comfortingly familiar. "Yes, it's very beautiful," she insisted, nodding eagerly as she turned the small carving over in her palm, studying its features. "I think it's amazing that you can craft something like this at all. Truly," she told him, hoping he would take the sincere compliment well. "It's one thing to draw, quite another to give something like this life."

She turned to face the wall again, carefully replacing the bird on the shelf as she scanned the other carvings near it, trying to decide which she liked best. "Which one is your favorite?" she inquired distractedly.

GoblinFae

He blushed darkly, lowering his head in a fashion that might have been familiar to her if she remembered her outing with a sometimes bashful Cabello brother. Donovan stared at her wistfully, wanting so much to hold her hand or earn another kiss from her sweet lips. When she asked his favorite, his lips answered before his brain had even had a chance to think clearly.

"You," he breathed warmly, not yet realizing his slip.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Having no idea he watched her with such a familiar admiration Kai was taken aback to hear his answer. She froze, her hand outstretched and hovering nervously as she thought about the implications of what he'd said. He was certainly the shier of the two brothers but she had been under the impression that their limited interaction, or so she'd thought, meant he was not as interested as his more expressive twin.

"Me?" she asked, wanting to clarify as she scanned the carvings on display again. There were certainly none that bore her likeness. "Do you mean you're working on one of me?" She afforded him the privacy to recover, choosing not to face him in case he'd made a mistake. It was just as much for herself, though, as she tried to calm her nerves. She'd never been the subject of art before but she was not too innocent to realize that a man would not put such effort into something if he did not like her at least a little.

GoblinFae

Donovan's eyes nearly fell out of his head as he realized what had slipped even has his brother snickered behind him causing the shy man to blush feverishly. "I mean the one I'm working on," he mumbled into his chest, scuffing his boot into the ground. "It's not finished yet. Please don't be offended Miss! I'm not crazy or anything I swear."

He looked like he was about to cry as he fumbled for words to try and assure her he was not unhinged for having been working on something in her likeness. "You're just so very sweet and pretty. I'll um...just go now though. I'm sure you'd rather talk to Oli anyway," he added dejectedly before turning to try and leave.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The awkward moment behind them, Kai could only laugh as he tried to recover. She was quite shocked to hear him say something so sweet with it all and she turned to face him with quite the sheepish look of her own. By how flustered he looked she knew he meant it, but her face fell with uncertainty as he tried to leave. "Wait! It's not a matter of preference," she tried to assure him, nervously trying to phrase her words in a gentle manner as she reached to grasp his arm.

"I'd really hoped I would get a chance to talk to you today," she admitted. "I spent a whole afternoon with Oliver. I really enjoyed it, please don't misunderstand, but I was hoping I could persuade you to, um, spend some time with me, too. If you wanted to, of course, and only if you could spare the time. You both seem like very busy men, but I would love a chance to get to know you a bit better."

GoblinFae

"Get to know, me?" he squeaked out, stumbling in his paces as he hurried to turn back around and face her. "You wanted to talk to me? Not Oliver but..." his voice trailed off as he stared at her dumbfounded and beginning to realize just how much like a broken record he was sounding. "Well that's...unexpected...in a good way...very good. Um...I need to uh, yeah...could you give me a jus-just a moment please," Donovan sheepishly asked, holding up a finger as he practically fled to the other side of the room to talk to his brother. He could barely contain his excitement as he conferenced with the laughing Oliver who all but slapped him to get him back to the girl even as Donovan gave a shout of "me!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]