Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Kai was a little surprised by his reaction. Had no one ever expressed interest in him before? She thought that would be quite sad if it were true, for he was just as endearing as his brother. She nodded and let him slip away, watching with uncertainty as he consulted with his twin. Was it enough for a "yes"? Or was he simply excited for the idea?

She felt quite guilty having asked in Oliver's presence and wondered briefly if they were having a laugh about her having the gall to ask.

GoblinFae

Oliver thumped his brother upside again before loudly telling him to get back to Kailinna before she changed her mind. Blushing heavily, Donovan did just that, looking ever so much like a young boy instead of the grown man he was.

"Forgive me my childish behavior, I would be honored to spend whatever time you have with you, sweet woman. I was unprepared for your request after your picnic with my brother. I only hope I can live up to your expectations after such a fine afternoon."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Though she was relieved that he'd returned to her Kai was a bit surprised by what he'd said. She truly had enjoyed her time with the believed Oliver, but she felt a bit bad that it seemed quite likely that he had never told his shier twin about his encouragement.

She smiled kindly and bowed her head respectfully. "I have no expectations," she tried to assure him. "Truly. I'm sure we could have just as lovely a time together." His adorable bashfulness was infectious, though, and Kai found herself blushing right along with him for discussing such a topic so openly. She wasn't even sure what the correct way of handling such a situation was or if it was even acceptable for her to be pursuing them, but in her heart she felt it was right.

"When might you, um, be available for such an outing?"

GoblinFae

"The better question is when are you able Miss?" he shyly responded.

"Is now okay, because he can totally do now!" Oliver shouted form the other end of the shop, looking extremely eager as he gave Kailinna a big wink and his brother a thumbs up. Donovan could only groan as he hid his face in his hand.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Her eyes widened and she laughed nervously for Oliver's forwardness. She was certain her cheeks couldn't be flaming any brighter, though, so she had that at least. "Uh, right now? I mean yes, I'm free, but I wouldn't want to interrupt anything." She gestured across the store at the counter where he'd dropped the fabrics when she'd arrived. "You were working when I came here and I don't want to interfere with that, I can certainly wait."

GoblinFae

Donovan opened his mouth to answer but was cut off by Oliver. "He can go, he just needs his coat. Give us a moment won't you?" The exuberant twin rushed in, dragging the shy man away so that they could hurriedly switch places and Oliver could at last get his date out with Kailinna. It took the pair a few moments but soon enough, Oliver posing as Donovan came out looking thoroughly flushed.

"Sorry about him. I hope this is still alright with you," he spoke softly, looking extremely concerned.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Of course!" she called after them, watching them with her eyes and trying hard not to look or sound too excited. In the short moment of privacy they afforded her she let a happy grin curve her lips as she hugged herself in her excitement. She swayed side-to-side and bit back a happy giggle, trying to force herself back into the perfect image of a lady before they returned. Wandering back to the counter, her head was turned and she was staring with a look of longing at the wall of little carvings when Oliver returned as Donovan.

Turning towards that soft voice she waved her hand dismissively and approached him. "No, please don't be. I'm very happy it turned out this way. The days I do not see you have been quite dull," she admitted, winking playfully though she knew it was far from ladylike. "You are very memorable. In the best way."

GoblinFae

"Truly?" he asked with a slightly uncharacteristic smirk. "How ever did I leave such an impression on the most beautiful woman in the world?" Oliver continued to whisper as he shyly met her gaze for a moment before dropping his eyes back to the floor. "Is there somewhere in particular you wish to go or something you wish to do?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai nodded shyly, his outward bashfulness making her very self-aware of her own excited anxiousness. "The real question is how could you not?" she giggled, quick to cover her smile with a chewed lip and averted gaze in a mimic of his own reaction. "I must admit you are very charming. Both yourself and your brother, truthfully. So well-spoken, excellent dancers, and you...a gifted artist," she answered thoughtfully.

"But where to go... Would you perhaps like to sit at the fountain in the square for a while?" she asked nervously. "I would not be against walking the city, either, if you've errands to run. I would happily accompany you instead," she insisted.

GoblinFae

Oliver shook his head, letting his fringe cover his face as it gently brushed his cheeks. "No, no, no. You my dear are the one who should decide. I'd follow you to the ends of the earth if you but asked it of me," he told her, blushing bashfully and tucking his chin into his shoulder. "The choice is yours."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She was touched by his concern for her. Men who had expressed interest in her before she met the twins had only been interested in what she could do for them or provide for them. "I would never ask such a thing, that is far too greedy," she chided gently, pondering her decision as she stopped in the street. "On such short notice I think a walk would be lovely," she finally offered. "And then we could stop for a rest once we tire of that, if you have the time, or I could return you home to your family." She giggled at the implication, feeling almost as if she were the suitor courting him. With the matter fairly settled Kai offered him her hand to hold before they set out.

GoblinFae

"That sounds quite pleasant," he murmured softly, smiling softly as he stared at their joined hands. Nervously he gave her hand a light squeeze with his own as if afraid she would recoil from him or he would crush her much smaller one. "We should head out of here before my brother decides to do something else embarrassing."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Of course," she laughed, stepping out to walk with him side-by-side. "I think your brother deserves a bit of credit, though. He gave me the courage to try talking to you again, and I'm very glad that I did." Kai smiled gently, giving his hand a gentle squeeze as they continued along. She found her eyes wandering a bit as they walked along, taking in the appearance of the buildings around them for the benefit of future visits.

"What has he said about me?" she asked gently, blushing and hoping he was not getting the wrong impression. "I mean, because you are so close. At least it appears that way. I just do not wish to bore you and tell you things you've already heard," she explained.

GoblinFae

Oliver's surprise was genuine. He had not known that Donovan had spoken on "his" behalf and was actually amused that the shy man seemed to like the young woman enough to want to see her as "himself."

"You could never bore me, dear. He only told me how poetically precious you are. You have stolen my brother's heart Kailinna. I have never seen him quite so smitten," he teased her with a fond smile.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh dear," she sighed, though her tone was gentle as she fretted with how to navigate such dangerous waters with their familial tie. "Now that I did not know, but I'm humbled. We have not met for another outing since that day so, truthfully, I've been a bit uncertain about his feelings. I suppose we all have busy lives, though," she dismissed.

"I'm very sorry, though, I'm sure you don't want to hear about any of that. You're just so very easy to talk to, but that isn't an excuse. Please forgive my rudeness," she apologized, worried he would get the wrong impression about his brother being mentioned so often and take him as her preference.

Truthfully, Kai was fond of each of the brothers and did not want either relationship's potential to suffer simply for their closeness. "I'm surprised I never met you before, though. As I told your brother, I grew up here. I've worked under the High Lady for quite a while now. It's so funny how you can be so close and yet never know someone. But perhaps it's best that we met recently," she mused, humming happily as she gave their joined hands a gentle swing.

GoblinFae

"Then please, talk away," the man urged genuinely. "It does not bother me to talk about it, really. I'm sorry though neither of us have been able to see you sooner. I'm sure Oliver was more than pleased to see you." The man still holding her hand looked away, blushing. "I know I am," he whispered softly, as if afraid of rejection as he knew the real Donovan would be.

He took the new vein of conversation in stride though and nodded his head. "I suppose you just don't get enough opportunities to travel our way and with us working the shifts at night I guess we just kept missing each other until it was impossible not to. If that makes sense."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She noted what he'd said, but she was still worried about offending him with such talk so she let the issue lie. "I'm sure that's all it was," she agreed. "But so unfortunate to miss so much time with you." Kai got quiet, settling into a comfortable silence with him as they strolled along. She thought about all of the things she wanted to ask him or talk to him about but she was worried about overwhelming the shy man.

"So, Donovan," she began again, her voice gentle. "I think it's only fair I bring you a treat next time I see you, since Oliver got to partake. What sorts of things do you like? Do you have a sweet tooth?" Kai guessed, the question playfully accusatory.

GoblinFae

He enjoyed the companionable silence, letting their hands swing slightly as they went. Oliver therefore jumped slightly in surprise when she spoke again and found himself stuttering out of embarrassment at being caught daydreaming.

"Sweet tooth? Uh, uh, well yeah! Uh, that is a little. I-know that Oliver has the bigger craving for sweets in the family. But, I'm sure anything from you is a treat all on its own."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Ah, does he? I'll keep that in mind. I'll admit, I'm not skilled in any cooking, but there's always lovely food at home. Anything you favor? There are these tarts sometimes, they're some of my favorites, but I'm sure I could request they be made if you wanted to share them sometime. With me," she offered, feeling a bit shy in offering something that wasn't homemade.

GoblinFae

"Perhaps those then. If they come so highly recommended then I see no reason not to share your favorites. Although, really Miss there is no need for such trouble over me. I would be happy with whatever you deigned to share with me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]