Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Kai was pleased that he was willing to try, but she worried that he was not being assertive enough with his own wants. "No, please, Donovan, don't just settle for what I want. It was merely a suggestion. Is there anything you like in particular? I would be more than willing to try something new if it was with you," she admitted, giving his hand a gentle squeeze.

GoblinFae

Oliver blushed and bit his lip in thought, already knowing what his twin would say in his position. "No, I want what you want, whatever meets your fancy as it would make me happy to see you smile. I'm not settling I'm just making it simple?" He chuckled softly, returning her squeeze with one of his own.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

She studied him with an accusatory quirk to her brow before relaxing and believing him to be genuine. Her expression quickly shifted to one of fondness as she moved a little closer to let their arms brush a bit more as they walked. "That's very sweet of you, thank you. Seems to be something you and your brother have in common. He said something similar. Are you sure you aren't comparing notes?" she teased.

GoblinFae

"Well," he chuckled, tilting his head with a boyish grin, "we are twins. Is it so hard to believe that we would be so alike in our desires? We both find the same woman incredibly sweet and charming, stealing our hearts with a single look. You..." Oliver trailed off and sighed, realizing he had nearly slipped out of character. "You are too precious for words. I don't deserve your time," he finished softly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kai was utterly flattered, especially to hear such things from a man she'd known to be quite shy in her presence. She gave an encouraging smile as she turned her chin up to watch a small flock of birds crossing above their heads, flying with the wind in a way she thought was quite intelligent. "You are no less deserving than anyone else, I won't hear any of that," she scolded playfully. "I must admit, I've never known any two men more forward with their affections than yourself and your brother. At least, not towards myself. Please forgive me if I do not receive them well. It is simply a matter of inexperience, I really do appreciate them. And really, how could I not?" she sighed happily.

"You are so very sweet and kind and considerate. I know it is silly of me to say so early, but I feel so fortunate that you haven't been... 'snapped up', as it were. Truthfully, I've never known a man to be so nice to me without his eyes on the High Lady.

"I do ask a favor, though. If you plan on seeking her eventually instead I really would encourage you to go after her immediately. She appreciates the direct in my experience and I... Well, I would rather lose what might have been instead of lose what was."

GoblinFae

Oliver gasped, his mouth falling open as his expression turned from shock to hurt. Spontaneously, he tugged on Kailinna's hand and pulled her into his chest to give her a hug. "Forgive me for my forwardness as I know not what else to do," he whispered. "Neither I nor my brother would toy with any woman in such a horrid way. Please believe me when I say you are adored." The man truly meant it too. What had begun as a game was so much more now. Oliver who already knew from Donovan's outing that the other man was falling in love with Kailinna was in turn himself falling in love with her it seemed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She wasn't sure why, but the hug made her feel so much better. Mindful of how and where they touched her hidden cheeks were bright red, but she slipped her arms around him anyway to hold him for what brief time they had. It was comforting. She felt safe, felt a genuine care emanating from him and his words sounded so sincere she was tearing up with happiness.

It was then she realized that it was not a misfortune to have them as suitors, but a blessing. "I certainly hope not, but there are some heartless people in this world," she explained quietly, nuzzling cautiously against his chest, relishing in the warmth of him for a moment longer before trying to pull away and put distance between them. Perhaps they did not realize the extent of her relationship with the High Lady, but many others did and she feared word getting out to her that she was showing such affections out in the open in the middle of town to some mystery man.

"Thank you," she expressed sincerely, bowing her head to him slightly before lifting it to meet his eyes. "You are such a sweet man, I'm sorry I even suggested it. I just had to ask, seeing as this is something I would like to continue," Kai explained, gesturing between them with a shy, but happy smile. She reached out again with a gentle, cautious hand to take his up again.

GoblinFae

"Really?" he squeaked, his voice cracking unintentionally which only served to make him blush further and avoid meeting her gaze. For a moment Oliver actually understood the embarrassment that his twin felt on a regular basis while talking with women and he was sure that Donovan would get a kick out of learning that his normally self-assured brother was floundering with a beautiful woman in his arms.

"You want to continue this?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Well, yes," she faltered, lowering her hand and trying not to show her dejection at misunderstanding his surprise. "Unless you would rather not, of course. I would not be offended at all, I swear it. But, yes... If you'd like to, of course. I find your company very enjoyable," Kai praised, her smile nervous but hopeful that he might accept her affections. "And I realize that I actually was...missing you. In our time apart," she admitted.

GoblinFae

He widened his eyes even further as his let his mouth fall open. "You missed...me," Oliver added the last word in a shocked whisper as if he could not believe his ears. "I-I-I...wow," he finally breathed, offering in turn his own shy and nervous smile. "Just...wow. Uh! I missed you too! Really, I know that sounds dumb but...well I did." Oliver groaned and dug his boot into the dirt, trying to focus on anything but her as his overly shy brother had often done when faced with an interested woman.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai blushed for his fumblings and even brighter to hear that her feelings had been returned. "It isn't. Really. I'm a little surprised, though. I thought I might not have, um, left a good impression with you. Or even a favorable one. I thought it even less likely that you might...think of me at all, truthfully. But I'm glad that you did." Her eyes were full of happiness and a particular brightness as she looked at him then, though she tried not to stare as she feared making him uncomfortable for it after seeing how shy he seemed about so many things.

She noticed his boot digging into the dirt and looked down instead, silently wondering what it might mean from him. Impatience? Anxiousness? Awkwardness? She didn't want to press him, but hoping it was not something negative about herself and he had been truthful with her she rubbed gently at his arm in what she hoped was a reassuring manner. "I'm sorry, I know that was very forward of me," she admitted, the color of her cheeks unmoving. "I just...would hate to miss an opportunity if I didn't say something at all."

GoblinFae

"I am..gladdened that you did. I just...I wish," Oliver groaned lightly, squeezing his eyes shut as he shook his head in feigned embarrassment. "I wish I had my brother's gift with words," he finally whispered, his voice sounding slightly strained as he did. "You deserve much better than what I can say, than what I can give." At last he raised his head to look at her, letting insecurity to display openly on his face as he struggled with a weak smile. "You...are the kindest woman I have ever met. I mean that."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai wasn't really in agreement with his believed insecurities, but she smiled at him kindly nonetheless, not wanting to lack compassion when he seemed to be opening up to her. "You are very sweet, but I assure you you have your own gifts," she encouraged, gently squeezing his hand. "The world is not built upon pretty words or by the work of one type of person. You are special for your own reasons, Donovan. I'm just happy that you see enough in me to be so close," she admitted, a bit of her own insecurity showing even as she moved to lead him along to continue their walk.

GoblinFae

Unable to maintain complete bashfulness, Oliver eagerly linked their arms a bit closer while moving them at a sedate pace. "Perhaps I can show my skills some time," he teased, forgetting himself for a moment before blushing and facing forward again so as to not give away his intentional innuendo.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Not understanding that he was teasing her, Kai's eyes sparked with interest and curiosity as she moved along with him. "Oh? And what might those be?" she questioned him, a stern look training her features before she relaxed into a genuine smile. "Or is it a surprise?"

GoblinFae

Oliver wondered how she could be so sweet and innocent before reflecting on his own twin brother who he was meant to be pretending to be. The two certainly got along well, though he wondered how Donovan had managed not to blush his way awkwardly through the picnic without him.

"A surprise," he finally mumbled out as if shyly, mentally cursing himself instead for not being permitted at the moment to make a more suggestive comment as he would normally.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Ahhh," she breathed, a thoughtful, curious look still shining as she studied him. "Well surprises can be good! I only hope you don't forget about it and keep me waiting forever," Kai teased, daring another quick but encouraging squeeze of his hand.

"But enough of that! How are you?" she asked genuinely. "What have you been up to since last we met?"

GoblinFae

He shrugged as if shy all the while wondering how he was going to survive the little walk pretending to be his twin. He longed to be himself in that moment, bold and full of innuendo instead of the shy and reserved man that was Donovan.

"Just the normal things I suppose milady. Help the family during the day, serve our fine country at night. If it is not too bold of me to say it is you who is the shining ray highlighting the best day I've had since last we met."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai lowered her head at his compliments, as if it might hide the genuine smile and slight color to her cheeks from him. She ran an anxious hand along the skirt of her dress and fiddled with a seam, not realizing that she was silent for a long moment in her contemplation. "You are far too kind, I worry you've not had enough adventure for a man your age to think so highly of me," she teased.

"But normal isn't bad at all. Your normal sounds quite lovely compared to mine. Forgive me if I've asked this before, but how long have you served in the guard?" she asked, finally lifting her eyes to him again. "And...if I may be so forward in asking, what sorts of things do you like outside of your duties to family and country? Your whittling certainly counts... I suppose I should not think you have much idle time considering the substantial commitments of your work. Oh, forget I even asked." She did not hide from him, but her face was flushed with embarrassment over assuming things and potentially putting him in an uncomfortable position.

GoblinFae

Oliver smiled warmly, trying not to laugh at her adorable fumbling. He found it overall endearing but knew saying so was likely not to win him any points with her or Donovan later when his twin found out.

"You needn't worry so much. My brother and I still find time here and there for ourselves. He is a master wordsmith and I am the craftsman. I like to do a lot of things with my hands I suppose." He looked off to the side recognizing himself the innuendo that had he not been masquerading as Donovan he would have jumped on immediately. It took great self control not to do so. "I like to build and make things. Not very exciting but I'm just the," Oliver shrugged noncommittally, "the slower of us two. Oliver's the more brilliant one."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]