Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Surprised that he was placing the coat back over her own shoulders, Kai did not protest and further but merely gave him a thankful smile for she thought it reflected well upon him if nothing else. "You really are too kind. You spoil me," she blushed slightly, pulled the coat around herself more snugly.

"And I am very happy to hear that," she told him sincerely, encouraged by the fact that he would say he enjoyed something most might perceive as childish. "I would love to dance with you again. It really isn't often that I get to do such a thing for pure pleasure. Always work to be done," she reflected, sighing and shaking her head in amusement that the youngest sister rarely got her share of fun. "Perhaps we could...arrange for a picnic?" she wondered. "When the weather is nice, of course. But I know you're probably busy with your...shop, right?"

GoblinFae

"A man's got to eat my dear! I see no reason why we cannot share a delightful picnic together. Don't you worry your pretty head over the shop. My parents mostly run it anyway and it's practically self-sufficient so honestly it wouldn't be a problem. The real concern would be of you can get away from your duties to the lady."

He chuckled to himself. "Actually I take that back. The true issue is how to keep in touch with you. I would hate to miss out on an opportunity to meet with you because you did not know where to find me or I to send for you. Forgive my boldness but I would be in absolute bliss if I could see you again in the near future. I have grown quite find of our time together however short it has been."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Oh, I see, well it's good to know you aren't working yourselves ragged at two jobs," she giggled, thinking her early opinion of them quite silly now. "My duties are not so important that I could not set them aside for an afternoon. I would be happy to have some time away from the house... Get some fresh air, too. Would your brother be joining us?" she wondered, though she winced at the obvious communication flaw in this plan.

"Well, shall we just agree to meet somewhere? Maybe outside the west gate around noon? There's a servant's entrance there, though I'm sure you know that already," she blushed. "And we can decide where to picnic from there. How does that sound?"

GoblinFae

Oliver pursed his lips together as he realized he could no longer work the angle of being such a hard-worker. His discontent faded as quickly as it came though and soon enough laughter bubbled passed his lips.

"It gladdens me to know that you would not be too busy for a lowly soldier such as myself. I am afraid though that one of us should probably remain in the shop to keep an eye on our parents, make sure nothing happens to them and all that. I'm sure you understand. I would be delighted to meet you at the west gate. Would tomorrow be too soon?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"That's probably for the best," she agreed, though she regretted that she could not get to know them together for they were both such fun. "I won't fault your brother for his sense of duty," she told him sincerely, not meaning it to reflect negatively on him at all.

She was a bit surprised, if delighted, though, that he was so eager to spend more time with her so soon. "Oh! No, not too soon at all! I think that...would be lovely, actually. I'll make sure to have a basket ready. I'm sure it'll be fun," she mused, blushing with the thrill of being invited out by him. "Is there...anything in particular you'd want me to bring? Or shall I surprise you?"

GoblinFae

"Whatever the lady chooses would be wonderful," he informed her shyly. "As long as you allow me to bring the drink, of course. Only the finest for my sweet lady." Oliver smiled warmly, feeling incredibly care-free and light-hearted in her presence. He could not wait to discuss with his twin the highlights of their time apart and compare notes.

Oliver at least had every intention of continuing with wooing the little lady in hopes of something more that might include more opportunities to visit the High Lady's manor and perhaps even meet her in person. He could only pray that Donovan felt the same, the brothers usually did after all.

"Nightguard Cabello will make sure to not leave you waiting tomorrow then my dear," he said, leading her back within the warmth of the ballroom. "I am afraid though that my brother and I must bid you our goodnights," he continued, even as Donovan moved to stand beside him.

"It was a pleasure to meet you," they said in unison, bowing to her before glancing to each other and chuckling to see them mirroring each other perfectly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Wonderful!" she beamed, curious about what he might bring. "Anything you want is fine with me," she assured him, returning his smile in kind. It really was so easy to be around him, though she had no idea of his intentions.

"Yes, I wouldn't stand for that," she teased, though her face changed and she stopped abruptly at the unfortunate news of their departure. "Oh... I'm sorry you must be leaving," she sighed. "I do hope you enjoyed your short time here... I'd be happy to visit with you anytime, and I do hate that I won't be seeing you tomorrow," she directed at last to Donovan with a small smile.

"But perhaps we will see each other some other time," she said hopefully before glancing around the room to locate her sister. "Shall I walk you to the door? Well...I'm sure you know your way around," she giggled, thinking the question silly. "But I can spare some time if you wish."

GoblinFae

Donovan smiled shyly and inclined his head respectfully. "Until next time, Miss Kai. We would be honored to have your presence a moment more if you truly have nothing better to do. I speak for us both when I say we would not wish to cause you trouble should you have work to be doing right now."

The other twin nodded his head enthusiastically in agreement. "Please," Oliver said, "do not get yourself into trouble on our behalf. It would mar our outing tomorrow I think." He chuckled and winked in jest, hoping to keep things light.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh, no trouble at all," she laughed, waving her hand dismissively. "I will not be missed, my duties are done for the night," she tried to assure them, not wanting them to think her desperate or silly. "But I suppose it's fine that we part here.

"I do look forward to tomorrow, make sure to pick out something nice," she directed at Oliver playfully. "I'll be sure to keep out of trouble." Blushing and having no idea the schemes that were about to unfold on her, Kailinna left to return to her sister where she would remain, at her side, for the rest of the evening until their last guests had departed and they could finally rest. Kai, though, was restless with her excitement, and blushed and giggled like anything even as she tried to keep quiet around Eyla. The High Lady was certainly aware of her baby sister's strangeness but she had no idea the cause of such sudden bubbliness for her lips were sealed.

GoblinFae

"As the Lady commands," Oliver returned with his own playful smile before turning in unison with his twin and taking their leave. Once out in the night air, the pair continued on their way silently until they had reached their childhood hideout close to home where they exploded into conversation.

They talked over each other, finished each other's sentences, and gesticulated wildly as they recounted their time spent with the fair young woman they had danced with. Then, as quickly as they had started they stopped, succumbing to laughter and slapping each other on the back.

Donovan recovered himself first. "So you don't actually think you're going to get to go to this picnic you planned, do you?" he queried, a mischievous glint lighting up his eyes. His brother laughed and shook his head.

"Of course not, Donovan. Think you can handle it though? Looked awfully shy out on the dance floor," Oliver jibed.

"Better than you at least. Poor girl was limping when she came back from your private dance."
"She was not!"
"Was too!"
"Was not!"
"You sure about that?"

Oliver blushed and pouted, crossing his arms over his chest while his brother chuckled. They let the topic drop, talking late into the night as they planned the next day's outing and how it would be handled.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Eyla wondered about her sister for even as their final few guests took their leave the younger woman seemed positively awake and bubbly, as if they had not just spent most of the night awake at a party. Escaping to their quarters in silence, there was a bubbliness to the her that she could not place. Truthfully she had no idea what had transpired or that her baby sister had plans to meet someone the very next day, but she bid her her thanks and well wishes as she left her at her door and continued down the hall to her own.

"Good night," Kai called with a giggle and playful wave as she slipped into her own room. She was restless with excitement throughout the rest of the night but she still got a restful sleep that stretched far into the morning hours. When she finally awoke she was worried she'd overslept her planned meeting, but was relieved to see that she had a bit of time.

Not wanting to overdress, she slipped into simple clothing similar to what she'd worn upon first meeting the brothers. From the kitchen she stole a loaf of bread and a couple of meat pies that were clearly left over from breakfast, stowing them away in a small basket. Trying to keep out of sight and take the lesser-used passages in her home she set out to the gate she'd planned their meeting at, entirely oblivious that they might need something to sit on besides the grass for her last picnic had been a childhood one. As she exited, quietly shutting the door behind her, she rested her shoulders against the wall as she hurriedly fussed with her hair, thinking it unkempt as she'd forgotten to do anything with it before leaving her room. Mirrorless, she hastily rebraided a loose section of her hair before realizing she was unhappy with it and letting them all loose to let her hair sit naturally instead.

GoblinFae

Donovan tensely waited, rocking on his heels while counting the seconds in his head before he could come around the corner and meet the sweet lady at the appointed meeting place. To keep the pretense up that he was in fact his own twin, Donovan was required to wait a specified amount of time before arriving slightly wait in order to accommodate his brother's proclivity for stretching the rules of punctuality. It was not something that bothered him too much as he knew payback was fair and Oliver was often forced to arrive extra early to things when he took Donovan's place. In the end all was fair and they were both satisfied.

He fiddled with the bottle of wine in his hand, hoping it would be good enough for a fine lady who worked among the Northwatch elite. Donovan reflected back on the argument he had had with Oliver over its acceptability given its extremely low price. In the end the absent brother had won, quoting that if it offered the words "fine" and "famous" it must be good.

Unable to contain himself any longer and praying that he had waited long enough, Donovan hurried about the corner, praying that Kai would not only be there but not be too miffed with his tardiness.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

The thought of being stood up never crossed her mind as she anxiously awaited the appearance of her expected visitor. The sun shifted across the sky and noon had decidedly passed, but Kailinna would not fault a working man for a bit of lateness. Perhaps he had to take care of something? Perhaps someone of higher rank had stopped him to take care of something before they met? It could have been any manner of things that Kai would have excused away, but her eyes lit up and those thoughts melted away at the sight of him rounding the corner.

Pushing off the wall to stand up straight as she struggled with wanting to bounce over to greet him, not wanting to appear overly eager or like she'd been waiting for him for long. "Oliver!" she said excitedly, a matching smile there as she restrained herself and merely took a couple of steps closer to him as she gestured at her basket upon noticing the bottle of wine. "Let me carry that? It's so nice to see you again! I'm glad you still had some time to meet me," she admitted, having no idea she was addressing the wrong man.

GoblinFae

"My Lady!" Donovan called back just as eagerly, easily slipping into the role of playing his brother. "On the contrary," he sidled up beside her while reaching for her basket, "allow me to carry this. No lady fair as you should be seen hauling more than a man. Why you would ruin my honor as a soldier," he cried gripping his heart in mock-pain. "But never let it be said that I could not find the time for you my dear. You are every man's dream," he added with an uncharacteristic blush and a softer tone.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Oh! No, you really don't have to! I! I... " Kai blushed slightly, appreciative of the gesture but also slightly embarrassed that it was being made towards her at all. "Thank you," she told him sincerely, carefully handing over the basket even though it was hard not to feel useless with nothing to carry.

Her eyes widened and cheeks darkened at the additional compliments, and she giggled and nervously played with her hair. Not really knowing what to say she whispered another few words of thanks before letting her eyes fall to stare at the ground as she stepped out to begin their short journey. "Still, I do appreciate this," she offered again, clasping her hands together at her front. "I
know most men have very busy lives and it's difficult to find time for silly little things like this.

"But at least the weather's nice today!" she chirped, raising her chin to look up to the sky and the few puffy, white clouds that graced it. "How long do we have?" she wondered. "Before you're expected back?"

GoblinFae

Donovan smiled and gave her a wink. "As long as you need my dear. As long as you need. My brother can watch the shop without too much trouble at my absence. We do guard the city well enough at night after all. A few flirty girls and troublesome boys shouldn't be too much trouble for him. However, he does offer his apologies that he could not join us as he would have liked that very much. I will just have to lavish you with double the attention to make up for it. I just hope it will be enough," he joked good-naturedly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Well I just can't let you do that," she decided, trying to explain herself, "It's wasted effort to spoil someone like me like that.

"But I do hope we have a good time." Kailinna stepped out onto the main street and crossed it quickly, as if afraid of being caught even though she assumed it to be well-known among the guards that she would be out today. She took the most efficient route she knew to exit her hometown in the heart of Northwatch. The tall grass that stretched over the hills beyond was a welcome sight as she headed for a favored spot of hers.

"I'm a bit nervous to share this with you," she admitted. "I know it's so close to town but I love coming out here. Though...it's usually to watch the sunset," she laughed, climbing on practiced feet. It was a long slope at first but once over the hump she was climbing quickly again, finally nestling herself against tree at the top of a slightly taller hill that provided good shade for being so far away from the true tree line. "How's this?" she asked, a bit breathless from her climb.

GoblinFae

"Why ever would it be a wasted effort to serve one of Kia's angels? You are far too humble my fair lady, far too humble indeed!" He murmured the last while smiling softly at her. Donovan meant every words as he was finding her to be quit sweet and likeable.

The view they came upon was breathtaking and he found himself stopping to stare in appreciation as he trudged up the slope behind her with their picnicking things. "It's perfect," he breathed, giving her a reassuring smile. "Just like you. Shall we set up in the shade then?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

A small gasp and giggle escaped her, the young woman blushing and averting her eyes to look at the tree until the color would fade. He was almost too much, too good to be true. "Yes, I'm glad you like it," she told him honestly, carefully holding her skirts as she sat down on a bed of grass, the area thankfully not dry and dirt-packed.

A sudden realization hit her, though, one she was nervous to admit as she glanced at him in embarrassment. "I forgot to bring a quilt from home, I'm sorry. We won't have anything to sit on, I hope it doesn't stain your clothes," she sighed, wincing as she shook her head as she silently scolded herself for her forgetfulness. "Or... Would you mind if I ran back to get one?"

GoblinFae

Donovan smiled warmly. "Nothing to fear my lady. Your gallant knight-in-not-so-shining-at-the-moment-armor is here to save the day. No need to run anywhere, please allow me," he offered while sliding his cloak from his shoulders to spread out on the ground. "Please make yourself comfortable my dear."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]