Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stung by the Story Bee [Northwatch] [Dreamwolf]

Started by GoblinFae, January 15, 2014, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance sir!" he called after the man. When the delicious aroma of the bread reached Iorwerth's nostrils he sat up straight, eyes closed as he enjoyed the deep inhalation he drew of it. He followed Tick's example and cut into the bread, amazed as some of the cheese leaked out onto the plate and a wave of steam was released.

The centaur clapped a hand to his belly and moaned. "Angsar it looks good! Thank you so much Ben!" A hurried bite forced his eyes closed once more as a second moan of pleasure hummed past his lips. "Best thing I've ever had," came his praises. "May I have the great honor of bearing your tale and word of your food to other hungry listeners? This," he waved his hands in front of him, "feast cannot go without telling!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

"Tell who you like my friend, my daughter and granddaughter help me sometimes and they take the bread to be sold in town, but fresh like this is so very much better." Ben settled into his chair, the creaking sound as he moved could have been the chair but it would not be incorrect to say that some of it was his body. Despite looking like a healthy sixty something he was in fact almost eighty years old.

Tick finished his bread quickly dipping the last bits into the pool of cheese that covered his plate.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth gasped, looking appalled as he stopped eating to stare at the man. "You mean to say they are not lining up at your door? They indeed are missing out then. I don't think I could be so compelled to buy in town having come straight from the hearth now. Am I wrong Tick? This man is one of the great wonders of the world!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick laughed so hard he nearly fell from his perch. "Indeed my friend. I have tried several times to get Ben t open a shop in town where he could feed the masses with his delicious breads and stews."

Ben grinned. "My breads are nothing overly special if someone put their mind to it they could come up with their own stuffed breads."

GoblinFae

"Ah but my good man that is exactly the point! No one else is and that is why now is the perfect time to go into business for yourself. Not only do you provide the world with your wondrous meals but you also turn a profit. It's flawless and appetizing!" So saying, Iorwerth took another hearty bite of the food, making sure to hum in pleasure and appreciation. "This really is the best food I've ever had Ben, honest!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Ben smiled and sat down in his rocking chair. "You might be right. I'll discuss it with my children and grandchildren. They'll be doing most of the work."

"You really should Ben. It's a wonderful idea I wonder if maybe one of my own kind did some magic in your home to give you the thought of stuffing breads. They'd make wonderful trail food you should sell the ones you make with meat and cheese to the Inns along the road so they can provide to travelers." Tick was a Muse Gnome, so ideas were his specialty and since the breads were delicious even when cold or baked extra long to keep for longer periods.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth nodded his head enthusiastically. "Exactly! And just think of what good it would do for the town as well. Why people would flock just to get a taste of this! Oh and all the stories that will be told at those inns," his voice drifted off as his gaze became distant and the centaur fell into deep thought over all the possibilities.

"Such tales," he sighed happily. "Can you imagine it Tick? Why it would be wonderful!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick nodded his mouth full of hot cheese and potato. Swallowing he spoke. "The trend could spread across the whole continent and maybe even to the Islands!" The Muse Gnome shivered at the thought of finding this delicious bead in almost every town and city.

GoblinFae

Crumbs of bread fell from the Centaur's mouth unbidden as he considered such a venture before shaking his head fervently. "No I think that is going too far my dear friend. A massive undertaking indeed and I would commend you Ben if you tried but I think it undermines the specialness of such delightful dishes. It would lose it's preciousness if it became such a common commodity that everyone in the world could obtain it. Besides how ever would his family manage it, no offense of course my good host," Iorwerth hurried to add with bowed head.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Ben laughed. "That would be quite the venture but our friend here makes a good point young Tick, it would lose its value if everyone could get it anywhere. No these few towns should do.  Now Tell me Master Bard, from whence do you come if ye don't mind my asking?"

GoblinFae

"Ah," Iorwerth declared cheerfully, clapping his hands together, "now that is an easy question to answer. I am of Connlaoth, born and bred. My travels though oft take me far from home but tis there where my heart lies and ever shall it remain. Have you ever been there Ben?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Ben looked up startled a bit at Iorwerth's place of birth. "I've been there, not a place I'd go again. Saw some poor lad burned at the stake just because he could see things no one else could. I've nothing against the majority of the people but with extremists like those that burned that poor boy it's safer for an old man who uses magicked creams for his aching joints. I will miss that city of art work though, twas a beautiful place." Ben ddi not voice the question that came to the front of his mind. 'in a place that doesn't like magic how can person like this be from there?

GoblinFae

The Centaur nodded his head in understanding, the ever-present smile not leaving his face for a second though. "It still is," he added cheerfully. "Sure it's a bit rough at times to be a Centaur there but the people aren't all that bad. They just have a difference of opinion. Most feel sorry for me or for magic users in general. It's the radicals that give them all a bad name, but I'm sure the same can be said for any group of fanatics."

Clapping his hands he continued, "no you see what really gets me into spots of trouble is when I-" Iorwerth froze and looked at Tick for a moment before looking to Ben again. "You know I don't think I've preformed my one and only magic trick for you, have I Tick? Would you gentleman be interested?" His forelimbs pranced eagerly as he practically bounced up and down in place.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick and Ben both grinned at the thought of a magic trick. "By all means." Was Tick's response.

Ben laughed aloud. "Let us see it then my friend."

((sorry muse is a little shot I've been working with the new puppies who have begun to open their eyes!))

GoblinFae

"Ah then give me but one moment to acquire the special magician's cloth necessary for this miraculous feat!" He joked even as he worked quickly to free a rucksack from about his withers. Once the aforementioned horse blanket had been acquired Iorwerth giddily shook it out for them both.

"Observe!" He declared, "an ordinary blanket no different than any other and yet it possesses the majestic ability to transform and transfigure." Holding the blanket in front of his body as he faced them so that only his upper chest and head could be seen, he once more gave it a shake to demonstrate there was nothing special about it.

Clearing his throat, the Centaur opened his mouth to speak and promptly sneezed, doubling completely at the waist. Behind him a horse nickered and shook its mighty head as if in laughter before stepping out from the still sneezing Iorwerth.

When he was at last able to straighten again, he scowled slightly at the horse and shook his head while wrapping the blanket about his human form. "He never waits! My apologies gentlemen I have an incompetent and stubborn assistant."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick nearly jumped when he realized that Iorwerth had become man and horse separately. "Amazing. I'd no notion!"
Ben took the transformation in stride for one of his age. "That's a nice trick my fellow. I've heard of shapeshifters but fold that can freely become more than one creature, that's a nice bit there." Ben thought of the few shapeshifters he knew. "There's a man as calls himself the windmaker can turn into a two headed goat."

GoblinFae

Taking a seat, Iorwerth returned to filling his belly as he listened appreciatively. "A windmaker eh? Is that akin to a cheese-cutter by any chance?" A boyish smile lit up his features as he chuckled quietly to himself. "Does he live around here? A two-headed goat would make a good story, now wouldn't it Tick? I can already imagine the adventures and mishaps such a predicament could bring."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Ben chuckled. " Old Windmaker lives in a valley two days north of here. From what I've heard he either angered the wrong god or drank the wrong potion. His anti pregnancy charms and the other healing bits he makes are top notch though. A woman that bought his fertility charm had eleven children over the course of twelve years, after spending ten years trying and failing with her husband. I suspect he was making a potion to shapeshift and the results were permanent."

GoblinFae

"Eleven children," Iorwerth repeated back in awe. "He sounds like quite the interesting character. If you don't mind Tick perhaps we can head there next? Or did you have somewhere else in mind. Ben's good food has made me not want to leave but I don't think he'd relish having a Centaur guest around forever." He laughed slightly, his smile reaching from ear to ear as he did.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

"That sounds like a wonderful idea my friend. Windmaker indeed sounds like quite the individual, perhaps I could inspire him to make a potion of muse." Tick wondered at the possibilities of it. "If we Muse Gnomes could bottle the magick of our dance we'd make a small fortune in no time."