Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stung by the Story Bee [Northwatch] [Dreamwolf]

Started by GoblinFae, January 15, 2014, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

The man nodded his head even as he worried his lip between his teeth. "I must admit my friend I worry about such an endeavor. Would it not lesson the unique beauty that is the gift of your people? Though I suppose that is every man's challenge no matter his form: money and renown versus humble service that reaches so few." Noisily, Iorwerth finished draining the last of his soup and tearing into the last hunk of bread with embarrassed fervor.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

"Potions like that wouldn't have long lasting effects. But you are right it would make our magic less valuable. However, you mustn't begrudge a Gnome his dreams!." Tick chuckled using a bit of bread to wipe cheese from his cheek where it had stuck after a particularly big bite.

GoblinFae

"Oh I don't!" Iorwerth hurried to ensure his little friend. "Just would have you dream bigger is all, my friend. You're thinking a bit small-scale don't you think? Instead of marketing it all perhaps you should just...travel the whole world and spread your goodness that way!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick laughed, a surprisingly deep laugh for such a small creature. "Muse Gnomes travel all over as it is. we search for the best possible people to share our magic with. the Greatest of Bards usually have a Muse Gnome traveling with them, whether they know it or not."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth pondered the statement for a moment before smiling cheekily. "So you're saying I'm either not one of the greatest bards, or I'm about to become one. I can live with that," he chuckled. "Or," he trailed off looking side to side before continuing, "I haven't had one with me this whole time have I?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick flushed scarlet. "Well not ALL great Bards have one but most have had contact with one of my kind at least once in their lives. And you could be on your way to becoming the next great Bard, I just give the inspiration I don't plan out the career." The Muse Gnome sat down suddenly. "Ah so full."

GoblinFae

He scratched the back of his head reflectively before giving a well proportioned belch. Flushing slightly, Iorwerth quietly excused himself while likewise pushing his bowl away from him. "Well with your belly full does this mean you will be unable to travel for a bit my good man or should we soon be parting sad but dear company from the wonderful Ben?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick laughed and then flinched placing a tiny hand on his belly. "I think a bit of rest is needed before going anywhere, I'm fit to burst." The Gnome sighed in a way that said he was content. "Perhaps you could regale us with a story or a ballad, something simple and relaxing if you know any."

((sorry for the wait besides my stepdad my computer became embattled with a virus that almost won))

GoblinFae

"How fortunate then that we have been graced with this time and beautiful scenery for story-telling!" Iowerth declared excitedly, practically bouncing in his seat at the opportunity. "I hope I do not disappoint. A relaxing one you say hmm..." He stared up at the sky with his hand rubbing his chin in thought before his features lit up with pleasure.

"Ah yes I believe I know just the one!" Iowerth cleared his throat and licked his lips, sitting up all the straighter before launching into his tale. It was the tale of a mother and daughter and their wandering milkcow that always managed to find itself missing and in a spot of trouble. It was a silly story and a short one but given the heavy meal, the man had felt a light story would be best.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick chuckled at the story and the old man smiled. The Gnome looked up at the Bard. "That was a fine little story. I think I may have heard a similar one a few years ago but it involved a little lamb who wound up on the roof of a school house."

The old man nodded. "Sounds likely to me. Used to tell my granddaughter a story about a goat that always had an adventure when it went out of the barn. These are the good tales perfect for a quiet afternoon after a good meal."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth chuckled at such notions while shaking his head. "Perhaps you gentlemen would be willing to share your own versions of such tales? I have found over the many years that each new rendition of a story is just as thrilling as the last no matter how the story goes. I would be honored to learn of new ones if you are willing."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The old man let out a long breath. "Lessee. The story starts with the usual. Once upon a time..." The story went on about a little white lamb who followed butterflies into the woods and was cornered by a pack of hungry wild dogs. her owners had to come to her rescue, using their wits to convince the dogs that a tastier sheep was waiting on the other side of a raging river. The story ended with the wild dogs being swept down the river.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth winced at the story's conclusion. "Poor dogs. I certainly would not want to be in their place at the end of the day. Can you imagine how hard it would be to get all that river-mud out of their fur?" He shuddered in displeasure, shaking his head as if to drive the very thought away.

"A wonderful story nevertheless my good friend. Thank you very much for sharing. A tale is truly the greatest gift any man, woman, or child could ever grant me," the man continued with a sincere smile. "Between the two of you I think I barely repay the favors. Excellent food and good stories, it certainly doesn't get any better than this now does it?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The Gnome and the man laughed. "A gift is best repayed with a gift to another. " They both chorused.

Tick gave the bard a sideways look. "All you have to do to repay us is help someone else. Muse Gnome philosophy is that the best gifts are those that are paid forward. If everyone did their best to help just one other person it will eventually make the whole world a better place. That's why Muse Gnomes are part of the broken shackle movement. Slavery is pretty bad, though some slave owners are very nice people who treat their slaves with kindness but most are bad people who abuse them or take advantage of them." The Gnome had a very serious expression on his face.

"Have you perhaps heard of the bard Svaterna? She was a slave but bought her freedom by singing stories to her masters children at night. The children loved her stories so much they begged their parents to free her so she could travel the world and learn more stories. Even though she didn't have to return to them she did every few months with a new story. She paid the favor forward too by buying the freedom of other slaves and teaching them skills to survive on their own."

GoblinFae

The man shook his head with a smile. "Nay I had not heard of her but she sounds like yet another wonderful person. It is my firm belief that story-telling is one of the greatest arts of them all. For her not only to endeavor to expand upon her gift but to bring it back home as well as share it with the world only shows her great wisdom.

"What you say though my little friend is quite true though," Iorwerth commented with a nod of his head in Tick's direction. "A kindness paid, is a kindness earned and while it may not be today or even tomorrow, that kindness will come back when it's needed most. It is a shame though there are people in this world who are not so accepting and open minded though," he added quietly, thinking of his own home country where he would be persecuted if they ever knew of his magical gift, nevermind the ridicule he had already endured as a nonhuman sentient being.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick nodded slowly. "Muse gnomes hardly dare to go to Connlaoth. The humans there, if they find us try to kill us and being stomped to death is the most common death for a Muse Gnome as people see us and sometimes their minds trick them into thinking we are rats." The Gnome shuddered. "I lost my elder brother to a Connlaoth soldier who stomped him into mash."

The old man placed a comforting hand on the gnomes back. "Tis a sad thing, but every Muse Gnome I have ever met has been the forgiving sort. and you are no different Master Tockin."

GoblinFae

"My sincere condolences, Tick" Iorwerth murmured softly, his own gaze lowered. "While there are a great many good people in Connlaoth, there are always the bad apples that make it worse for the rest of us. My own eminence, herd as humans call us," he added with a nod towards the old man before continuing, "has been driven more and more off our lands with each passing year. They do not even know of our gift for if they did we would surely all be slaughtered. It is a shame that there are such places of knowledge and yet still they perceive different as dangerous."

He shrugged with a sigh, "but what can you do? Hope I suppose. Hope the good will weed out their own rotten cores."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick looked at the bard. "I know a young man, the one we were talking about who slaughtered all those people. He is consumed by rage but he is not a bad person. He is of Connlaoth he was raised by  a master smith after his parents died trying to smuggle him out of the country. I have met him twice. The first time he was fighting a horde of necromantic creatures that had been brought to life by a foolish mage trying to make new life out of bones and metal. The second time he was healing a little girl who had been paralyzed after being run over by a cruel merchant and his heavy cart. Ragnr Fenris, mostly called Fen. He has the power to manipulate living flesh he can shape-shift and heal almost any wound. He can talk to animals, and he makes some of the finest swords in the world. He can even make charms that heal or give the wearer the ability to speak to animals themselves. He frees slaves, smuggles mages out of dangerous places, and hunts down bandits on the plains. He is truly a hero but he is hated by many for his bouts of rage. He told me he once slaughtered a whole village after the men of the village murdered a group of young women. When he came to his senses everyone was dead except the children. He is a strange case of a caring man who cares so much he loses his mind."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth shifted uncomfortably in thought as if mulling over if he should comment or not. At last though his mind was made up and he did open his mouth to speak. "Perhaps he hasn't lost his mind after all. Isn't one man's villain someone else's hero? It is a matter of perspective. We all have someone to love, to fight for, to die and kill for even. When threatened, those of us who are capable often end up in unfortunate situations. I don't believe that makes them evil or monsters though." He shrugged tiredly. "But maybe I'm wrong. Happens after all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The old man and the Gnome looked at the bard. "That is a wonderful perspective." The little gnome replied. "I think that's a very good way of seeing it. I am sure the young man in question would prefer that to the monster stories that many believe."

The old man nodded his head in agreement. "Here have some bread for later, I must get to work on tomorrows dough, or there won't be any for the coal burners tomorrow."