Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

News of the Earth! [SotE / RotE "newspaper" project!]

Started by Nascent, February 02, 2014, 11:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see in Issue #2 of News of the Earth?

More interviews!
2 (18.2%)
More in-character / in-world news!
8 (72.7%)
More features and exposés!
1 (9.1%)
Try something different! (Please make suggestions)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: April 24, 2014, 08:15:36 AM

visualspice

yeah I'm hoping to finish this up tomorrow and get them to you in case you want to review and ask me to make any changes or what not 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Codestar7

Nascent

I think what we've got will do just fine for the first issue, SB. ^_^

visualspice

I hope I don't forget to edit and submit this stuff up today D8
but for now- it's nap time :T
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

Ladies and gentlemen,
Roleplayers of all orientations and dispositions,
It is, today, my distinct pleasure to unveil to you Issue #1 of
NEWS of the EARTH!

[ I S S U E   O N E ]

The above file is a PDF -- if you don't already have it you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader (or any other PDF reader) to open it.

With the publication of NotE's first issue I'd like to open up the floor for comments, critique, suggestions, ideas, the whole nine yards.

Additionally, I'd like to start a new segment for Issue #2 -- something short, sweet, and simple. It's a way to give your RP characters a voice and perhaps draw people's interest to them: character quotes. Simply put, submit short (one to three sentence, 100 words or less) quotations from your RP characters for publication. These can either be things they've actually said or would say -- either is fine. Profanity is acceptable in moderation. Please PM all character quotes (and be sure to mention which character is being quoted) to Nascent via either PM or email.

visualspice

Holy moly that's long and extensive 8D
looks good though! Once I get a chance to fully read it I'll let you know my thoughts~

Anadwen

DAMMIT I FORGOT TO SEND IT! UUUUUUH! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
*screams and wails in agony*

I request having a notice sent to me every time an issue is coming out...

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on March 17, 2014, 09:05:05 AM
DAMMIT I FORGOT TO SEND IT! UUUUUUH! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
*screams and wails in agony*

I request having a notice sent to me every time an issue is coming out...

Yeah, I had a comic idea I wanted for the newspaper but I just didn't have time D8
Also, I don't think notices are necessary. That's what this plotting board is for. Nascent already posted a due date here. It's just paying attention to events you want to be active to is all so I'd just recommend book marking this event so each time Nascent posts an update, you'll get it.

EDIT: Oh, and you can receive email notifications from the site as well, if that helps~ You just have to play around with them under the settings.

Anadwen

I forget to watch stuff... I receive email notices, but I just probably need a big sign with posting date to be sure XD

though I miss the deadline for so many things it's not even surprising.

visualspice

Quote from: Anadwen on March 17, 2014, 09:50:03 AM
I forget to watch stuff... I receive email notices, but I just probably need a big sign with posting date to be sure XD

though I miss the deadline for so many things it's not even surprising.

Lol. Get more organized 8D
But yeah, I used to have email notifications but I hate cleaning out my email inbox so to eliminate clutter I removed that feature XD
So I just watch things carefully like a hawk when I'm really into and book mark others. Though I guess it'd be up to Nascent if he wants to organize a PM notification when newsletters are coming out.

zozee9

Heyo Nascent—I have a suggestion! Why don't you post the pdf again somewhere in General Discussion? Since this is the plotting area, it might be good to have an official place to post the actual newspapers (you could use the same thread to post all of them). And then people could find them easily, too. Of course, this is just my suggestion! Do with it what you please. <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

GoblinFae

Eventually we can ask the admins for a board for it's own and a way to possibly keep all the issues on the site.

Also as for the "character quotes" I know we used to have a board where you could submit character quotes too. Might be a good idea to revive that . It hasn't been used in years though from what I remember.

Fantastic first issue! You and everyone else that helped contribute to it deserve a big pat on the back and a giant jar of cookies!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nascent

I like cookies! ^_^ (Though muffins are better. ;P)

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, all! And I'll do that right away Zozee -- excellent point! And the idea of a character quotes thread might not be bad either; I'll start one up and see if people take a liking to it.  ;D

EDIT: Actually, looks like there's already a character quotes thread, though given that it's specifically for things the characters have said (and not including things they would say) it might still be good to take quote submissions for the newspaper separately.

GoblinFae

Well wait we do have one for the Character Quotes if this is what you're talking about. Just need to get some interest in it again.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nascent

Okay, so issue #1 of NotE had a reasonably successful launch with some good community feedback. I'd like to see even more people contributing, everything from rumors and IC-news to guild promotions, artwork, and more for issue #2, but for that we need SotE (and RotE, let's not neglect the sci-fi little sibling after all) to really get on board.

So I'm looking for people who are willing to jump on board and become part of the newspaper team. Specifically, people willing to take on the following positions and responsibilities:

IC Reporter: The 'ICR' job is fairly direct and straightforward, though it involves a fair bit of legwork. Specifically, this team member will be tasked with searching through active RP threads for interesting storylines to write about as well as writing at least one article per issue on a storyline of interest. This also involves getting the permission of the members in the RP to write about their thread; not everyone automatically wants to draw attention to their roleplays or be 'newsworthy', after all, and people's desire for privacy should be respected even on a public forum such as this. I'm looking for at least two people to be ICRs!
OOC Reporter: The 'OCR' is a fun job that involves tracking down and writing about interesting, amusing, or strange out-of-character goings-on on the forums. This can include forum games, Cbox antics, or new features / rule changes / etcetera as they are revealed. An OCR doesn't have to ask the permission of everyone involved to write about an event (because at times that can be over a dozen forumers) but should also exercise their own discretion and respect people's wishes. Right now only one OCR is needed for NotE.
Features & Interests Chief: Distinct from the ICR and OCR roles but dabbling in both, the FIC is tasked not only with hunting down interesting goings-on both IC and OOC on Spirits and Remnants but also conceiving and drafting up other interesting elements of the newspaper such as roleplay advice, contests, in-world lore articles -- basically, anything that the newspaper prints that isn't strictly based in events and postings on the forum. This gives the FIC easily the most broad sweep of potential content creation, making them essentially the newspaper's assistant editor/designer. This person should be committed and qualified, able not only to come up with good ideas but also see them through. There is only need of one FIC.
Art Hound: Exactly what it sounds like; the Art Hound's duty is to gather artwork for use in NotE. This may sound simple, and it is -- however the Art Hound also needs to secure permission from artists who are members of SotE / RotE to use their artwork and, for sources beyond the forums, make sure that only artworks that can safely be used under public domain or fair use are gathered and are always properly credited. The absolute LAST thing anyone needs is for the reputation of the newspaper and the forum community to be tarnished by an artist whose work was used improperly or without their permission. One Art Hound should be all that NotE needs.

Also, be sure to vote in the new poll that's been put up! And keep spreading the word about NotE -- it's a great tool for advertising the forum and for inviting new people here, plus it's a great way to get the scoop on Spirits and Remnants news and events!

visualspice

I wouldn't mind helping/ being the art hound XD
It makes it easy when ppl submit art to the site lol but yeah <3 I wouldn't mind gathering/ inspiring artage for the paper :D

Zane

Perhaps add an interviewer. An IC and OOC interviewer. That  can get in depth looks at people character, and ,God willing, an author here.

I would totally love to have an IC interviewer position btw

Alegretto

*Raises Hand*

I can be an IC reporter, if you'll take me

Brisinger987

I'd like to contribute to the IC rumours bit please!