Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Winds of Change [nephero] [M]

Started by GoblinFae, April 22, 2021, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

"++Run along then,++" he uttered with obvious amusement. "++We would not want to keep Atsida waiting. Should you change your mind though.~++" Enoka left the words hanging even as he waited for Aike to return inside. Only once the visiting leader was safely inside, and not without an appreciative look at their ample rear, did Enoka carry his precious cargo home.

Lawona was laid back to rest behind her mother before Enoka leaned forward to press a kiss to Atsida's sleeping temple. The man shifted slightly, blinking tired eyes up at the masked face before him before tensing almost into action. Only Enoka's staying hand allowed him to resettle back into their piled furs.

"**I thought you wanted to keep the full night watch,**" he queried softly, careful not to wake his wife even as he reached to pull Enoka down close over him.

"**Lawona decided to go on an adventure. I am just returning her home and then I will return.**"

He placed another kiss this time on Atsida's lips, hungry but practiced before pulling away and replacing his mask. "**Go back to sleep Little Owl. Tomorrow will be a busy day.**"

Enoka was no sooner by the tipi entrance before Atsida's soft snores filled the air again. He paused to observe his family sleeping soundly before exiting and returning to his post where he spent the rest of the night without event from the other Taluvans.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

nephero

Aike's return to the borrowed tipi was not nearly so quiet as Enoka's own, the entire place thrumming with silent laughter. So much so, even, that at first Aike was unsure of what happened, before finally realizing that Rakal was shaking in her spot, hand over her mouth and looking directly at them.

"++...All of you, hush. Rakal, I'll need a stable light, I want to look over our maps.++"

"++You sure it's a map you want to be looking over?++" She teased through her fingers, and even sweet-tempered Sikke had to stifle a chuckle. Aike, however, was far less amused.

"++Enough, the both of you.++"

"++I'm just saying, this camp seems to have its fair share of interesting people that would make for good staring~.++" Still laughing, Rakal moved to fetch a candle from her own pack, setting it onto a wide tin plate and partially melting the bottom to keep it from topping right over. As soon as that end cooled again, she lit the wick, handing the plate over to Aike and settling back down onto her own bedroll as the other Trapdoors returned to their interrupted positions. Sitkal was already lightly snoring.

"++We are here for a reason, remember that.++" was all Aike had to say on the matter, though they could not possibly pretend they weren't blushing. At least it was still mostly dark, the flickering shadows preventing them from being truly exposed, and the moment they unrolled one large scroll, Rakal lost interest and stretched out onto her back to rest.

Tomorrow would, indeed, be a busy day. But Aike was determined to make it a successful one.

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen

GoblinFae

With the dawn came more clarity. Atsida now awake was able to gain a better account of what happened the night before and to say he was horrified over his daughter's antics was an understatement. The man was practically beside himself, pacing a ditch into the meeting tent floor as he waited for the Cortlans to arrive. Of all the children in the territory to choose chaos it just had to be his. Enoka's amusement over the whole affair was doing little to assuage his concerns either. For once Enoka was the one kept still as he sat comfortably watching as Lawona paces behind her father copying every mannerism for her own with the utmost care all unbeknownst to her father who was working himself into a state of anxiety over how the Cortlans would feel now that they had had time to stew over the previous night's incident.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

nephero

Aike did not get sleep that night. It was a necessary evil, of course, and they did their best to lay back and rest for a time in between the hours, but it felt too much like their brain was full of a thousand sparks of thought, all racing back and forth at the same time and entirely too loud for any kind of proper sleep.

Still, it was nothing some very, very strong tea and tobacco wouldn't cure, and the other Trapdoors couldn't have agreed more. Last night's bit of excitement had made getting back to sleep (with the very singular exception of Sitkal) difficult, everyone waiting to be divebombed by a small child at any moment. Or worse.

Still, they'd all survived on far less before, and at least in this instance, they weren't in any real immediate danger. Wary, as always, but not literally fighting for their lives. They each spent some time stretching out aching muscles, trading positions and working one another's backs, until each Cortlan was as ready for the day as they would ever be. And so they all found themselves being led as a group to the meeting tent, averting their eyes at first in case the gathered Taluvans were unmasked, and slowly settling back into the exact same sitting positions they had been the day prior.

Aike glanced over at where Enoka sat for a quick moment, before turning their gaze to Atsida directly, inclining their head some in a show of mutual respect.

"Good morning, Chief Great Horned Owl. I have been considering your words from yesterday through the night, and I am quite anxious to show you something I believe may assist us both in understanding one another better."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

Atsida ceased his pacing as the Cortlans entered but held up a hand to ask of a pause before they began. For a brief moment his head swiveled back and forth as if looking for something before locating Lawona behind him and pulling her to stand in front of him. He knelt behind her even as she squirmed all over the place clearly not wanting to be kept still and in place even as Feathers Fall Mildly translated.

"Chief Atsida Great Horned Owl states that before we begin Owlet of Chief Great Horned Owl has something to say."

Lawona was nudged forward but resisted mightily. Behind them Enoka dipped his head in amusement even as the elders grumbled. Atsida for his part spoke softly to his daughter, not once becoming irritated or angry as he urged her forward. At last she relented and with all the attitude a two-year old could muster huffed put an apology.

"Sowwy."

"**And?**" Atsida pressed gently with a light squeeze to her shoulder.

Her head whipped up and back to look up at him and a tiny foot stomped in the dirt but no reaction came from her father and so seeing she was not going to get her way, she obeyed. "I will not chowenge the Coralins while they visit for immm-porlent....talks." So saying her piece, Lawona nodded her head once with conviction, standing tall with her arms crossed. "But, I beat you next time!"

A ripple of amusement flowed through the tipi even as Atsida dipped his head some in defeat. "**Go outside and play Lawona.**"

"Stay!" She demanded loudly stomping her foot again and raising her chin.

"**If you stay you must be quiet,**" he told her, pressing a finger to his masked lips and then pointing at his ear, "**and listen. Today is not a day for embodying the mischief wind.**"

Lawona nudged at her father until he resumed his sitting in yesterday's spot before crawling to sit tall in his lap, her own arms crossed and her gaze fierce as she viewed the Cortlans. Behind her Atsida shook his head slightly and wrapped his arms around her to hold her close while Enoka's whole body shook with amusement.

"**I also apologize,**" he stares with Feathers Fall Mildly continuing to translate throughout. "**I am grateful you have continued in earnest despite the antics of my Owlet. I can only hope you see them more as the games of a child and less as the attitudes of her father reflected within her childlike innocence. If you can forgive us, I am more than willing to see what you are anxious to show.**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike blinked at the pause, but the moment Lawona was gathered in front, they had a very good understanding of why. They sat, patiently, listening to Feathers Fall Mildly's translation as they watched the interaction between father and daughter. It was less stern than when Enoka had stilled her the night before, a gentle kind of redirection. Aike couldn't help but think back to their own childhood, in the way their mother would gather them up when their feelings were too, too much, and the soft whisper of the name only she and Aike knew.

Mercy.

They shifted a bit in their seat, dropping their shoulders some to ease the tension there, relaxing themself before this small child to show there was no hostility between them on Aike's own part. She was a spirited little one though, and Aike couldn't fight back an amused smile of their own as she stamped her foot so much like how Hummingbird had done the other day. Aike's smile only grew as she refused to leave the tipi, watching as the pair slowly settled down into a sitting position where Lawona could stare through her little mask just as easily as Atsida himself.

Aike shook their head, holding up a hand as if to push back the apology.

"I would be the worst kind of liar if I didn't forgive the same impulses I showed when I was a child." They smiled more and gestured at the very top of their braid, where several red beads were woven in. "A strong heart is nothing to be ashamed of, and I am very certain she would make for a mighty opponent in the Proving for Cortlan Governorship. Perhaps even a mighty leader, one day.

"Do not worry yourself too much, I am not at all offended."

That out of the way, Aike twisted to retrieve a thick leather tube, pulling out a large scroll and moving so they could more easily share the unrolled parchment between themself and Atsida. They looked up at him, brows knit in earnest.

"We do not share this knowledge with those outside of Cortla. We do not write this down. This is our very, greatest secret. I hope you understand that I am sharing this in an attempt to show the same trust you have shown to us." Aike paused for a breath, and was grateful to hear nothing from the Trapdoors behind them. No shifting, no discomfort, just full trust that they knew what they were doing. They had always been able to rely on their squadron's support, and it had made so many things much easier. If the Council had been here... well. "These are all the passageways out of the canyons and the ways into Skythread city. They are hidden, because if we were ever to be sieged, it would be only too easy for an enemy to trap the roads and slaughter our young and old. The canyon has always kept us safe, but nothing will ever last forever, and so we prepare for a dark future we hope never comes."

They traced the map, finger hovering over the charcoal lines to prevent it from being smudged.

"But as you see here, they connect in several places to provide hiding spots, and whittle down to singular roads out of the mountains. We have lost one before, during the previous Governorship, after heavy rains loosened the rocks and made it impossible to dig out. The patrol that was there when it collapsed were all killed." They tapped their finger beside the one large 'x', gesturing at the connecting pathways. "Which leaves only these two roads for the entire population of Skythread City. Thousands of families, Chief Great Horned Owl, would not survive their closing."

Aike took another breath, again trying to express their full earnestness. "I know that... your people are afraid of us," they glanced, again, towards Enoka, "and I know that you, too, fear for the survival of your families. The main roads into the territory, the roads that lead to the eastern border between us, those can be closed. Those can be fortified, and those can be defended. But we can do nothing if we are trapped."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

The Taluvans sat silent and still in reflective silence as they all watched the map unfold before them and listened to the translation of what was being shared with them. Even Enoka straightened some from his relaxed position to peer around the others to catch a glance. He settled back though with disinterest, staring instead at the ceiling and how the smoke danced on its way out the smoke hatch.

Deep emotions welled in Atsida though as he saw and listened but his mind drifted a million memories away. He knew of some of these paths in the mountain, as well as how easy it was to become lost in them if you did not know the way. There were rules among the Taluvans about treading within the mountain's shadow. Go at your own risk but do not trust you will return, for the deeper you go, the more lost you become.

He looked at the pass right at Talu's front door and his heart dropped further. Help had been so close and yet unguarded that pass of safety for Cortla had become a network of safety for a den of monsters in human skin instead. His heart ached. This all could have been prevented. Tigerskin colored eyes squeezed close in grief.

But, it was the sound of Lawona leaning forward to try and touch the map that drew him back to himself. Her brows scrunched tightly under the mask as she looked with the utmost seriousness. "Talu!" she cried pointing correcting at their border. Atsida nodded, catching her hands before she could smudge the charcoal and used a heavy hand to pet her one of her short side braids soothingly.

"**And these passes are now fully secured against outside threat?**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Even though Aike wasn't feeling along the threads, the sharp twang of one being plucked reached them, anyway. By some miracle they kept from physically flinching, instead taking in a soft breath and letting it out again as they blinked. They pulled the parchment back with a small smile to Lawona, rolling it up tightly and promptly placing the whole of it into the fire to burn away. The secret was shared, and now gone except for those who would remember it.

"Now that Cortla may relax their eastern border, these passes can be secured." Aike confirmed with a nod, carefully prodding at the parchment to make sure all of it burned away. "As I explained yesterday, the winter time has slowed our efforts, but soon there will be several forts in the mountains to watch over them, which will make it easier for our patrols to defend."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

Atsida nodded solemnly, latching onto his daughter as she tried to reach into the fire to grab at an escaping scrap of parchment. "**And how soon do you foresee them being ready? Once winter snow has melted there will not be much time before the slavers return. If Cortla is not ready, we may both suffer.**"

He sighed again and shook his head. "**I still would see with further trust between our territories, a return to patrols permitted along our shared border. I do not like us being so open and vulnerable. With you placing your sentinels in the mountain and us withdrawing at your request that is a great deal of the plains and the badlands left unattended three-quarters of the year. Unless you have a suggestion for this as well?**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

"Progress is slowed, but it is not stopped. Even if the forts themselves are not finished by spring, our patrols will still be in the passes. They will keep them safe until we are done."

As a piece of ash floated between them, Aike lifted a hand to cradle it out of the air and crush it between their fingers so as to not catch anything else on fire. They considered the grey smear left on their fingertips atop older smudges of charcoal from all their planning from the night prior. It gave them a moment to consider, mouth pursed and moved to the side in thought. Finally, they took a breath and looked up into Atsida's mask again.

"I do have a suggestion. We can add protections to border, but I need you and your people to understand that they will be very dangerous. If we are to place them, they will not be easily removed, and we will not be able to do anything about it if someone wanders into the Cortlan badlands and gets hurt." Their mouth flattened to a line, and they looked away from Atsida to the other Taluvans gathered, staring sternly. "If we are to do this, please be mindful of where Cortla begins and Talu ends. That is where the danger will be."

They looked to Atsida again, and spoke far more softly. "If that would make you feel more at ease, it can easily be done."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

"**Our point of trade to the north will be unaffected?**

"**They leave us trusting them a whole lot more than they trust us,**" piped up one of the elders with a decided sneer that did not escape his voice. "**We are to rely on Cortla for the mountain's protection. We are to abandon our western posts. We are to expect a dangerous presence to our west from Cortla. What peace is this? What trust is this? It is just more arrows between us except ours are without points.**"

Atsida sighed but shook his head, raising a hand for silence despite all of it being translated for the Cortlans. "**I believe the concern here is that Talu hopes for more than secured bordered between us. Perhaps not all at once but hope for greater trade and maybe one day in the far future...an understanding and balance. We do not open our borders lightly. I would see prosperity in this unprecedented opportunity however. If Cortla will stand with us.**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike could not help a long sigh, turning their hands upwards to the sky as if to implore anyone to assist them. Again, they had to muster every last scrap of patience they had, eyes shut for a moment before turning their head to stare directly at the elder in question.

"I have told you exactly the way in which you can kill us. I have revealed our secrets in order to make this peace with Talu. I am reaching out my hand, and I have heard very little from anyone but Chief Great Horned Owl, here, on how best to proceed in a way both our people can be satisfied with. If there is anyone here who has a better idea that doesn't involve damning my people in the process, then by all means, please speak it. Or, at the very least, quit pecking at my hand."

Aike shook their head a bit, taking a moment to fish out their pipe and tobacco, brows knit as they packed the former and used the central fire to light it. They took a few puffs, considering the smoke for a long moment before finally addressing Atsida himself again.

"I do not have the armies that Ketra has. Nor do you. What I do have is the knowledge granted to us by our forebears to make ourselves safe without stretching to a single warrior for a mile of land. My proposal isn't to threaten Talu. But if an army marches through Cortla first towards the east, towards Talu? They will have something to meet them and make them reconsider their decision. That is what I am offering by way of a suggestion. But the trade is that I will not be able to tell which direction the threat is coming from. Not that I am unwilling, but that I am unable to."

Aike took another deep puff from their pipe and sighed the smoke out through their nostrils. Wisdom was not guaranteed with age, certainly, no matter what the people, it seemed. But again Aike attempted to remember that these people were scared. And wasn't that understandable? Wasn't that forgiveable?

"Your northern borders are not shared with us, and so they'll be untouched. Life would be the same way as it has always been, except we both will be spending far less time making faces and throwing weapons at one another. Is that acceptable?"

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

Atsida did not know what was worse, the squirming two year old in his lap or the grown toddlers on either side of him making him wish such formalities were not necessary and that he could just speak plainly with the other chieftain. Things would be easier if there was not years of guarded misgivings and prejudices already in place. Atsida could trust them all he wanted, but it did not mean that the people at large across both territories would agree. His progressive ideals while tentatively received, it would only take one fight for him to be replaced by someone who disagreed. Each word had to be measured with triple care. Every step forward was one back and to the side.

And for what it was worth...he did agree with and understand the importance of Cortla keeping their own borders safe. It was just that he also understood the Parliament's concern that Talu was left unable to keep their own protective traditions.

"How permanent and how stationary would these new protective measures be?" Enoka asked suddenly from the back of the tipi. "And what happens when Talu wishes to pay Cortla a friendly visit? You have access to us via the passes. Talu is left with no exit of their own, correct?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike glanced towards Enoka, and tilted their head to the side to acknowledge the questions. Those, at least, had been fair ones with fair answers and had very little to do with calling them a liar without calling them a liar.

"The main road would remain open, as it always has to friendly travellers heading west." Aike said plainly, their annoyance at the elder not bleeding out against the others gathered. "And I do not see a reason why you would not be able to use the same pass that connects us. It doesn't just go one way.

"The defenses I have in mind, while not impossible to remove at a later date, would take time to do so. They would also be very stationary. Hence, the lower amount of soldiers required to patrol it. If the ropes are minded, however, then there will be no harm done. Again, I am willing to hear alternate solutions, if you have them."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

Enoka looked to Atsida who in turn also looked back at him. The pair sat in silence as if mentally conversing, their thoughts sharing a very similar wavelength as Atsida caught onto what the other man was getting at. His head slowly turned again to face Aike, eyes still clouded with processing thoughts before he spoke then, words extra measured and slow with care.

"**We do not know the way....I think though I would only have those within this space know the way, to further Cortla's trust and good faith in Talu. It would prevent an angry invasion of disgruntled of Taluvans, while providing a path to safety where our allies rest should the danger be high enough. In return we will not ask where your new defenses are for your own piece of mind. If that will please Cortla?**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike sat patiently, waiting for Atsida to come to his decision. The waiting, this time, was easy - far easier than when they were getting squawked and pecked at by bad-tempered chickens pretending to be birds of prey. The mental image was enough to make them smile, before they remembered where they were and focused on the task at hand once more.

They watched Atsida's mask, and tilted their head as they considered his proposal. It would work - far better than telling the Council that the entirety of Talu knew one of the mountain roads into Skythread City. The laying of extra traps along the eastern border would also likely assuage some bloodlust. It felt dirty, but Aike knew it wasn't just out of malice - the traps would keep Talu safe as much as it would protect Cortla from the east. They just had to narrow the road and dig.

"That will please us greatly. Thank you, Chief Great Horned Owl. If you wish, on my return to Cortla we can show the way."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

"**If not this return, then on another. I do not believe our spouses would be pleased to see us trapped out of Talu by the first snows that trap them in with our stircrazy owlets.**" Atsida nodded his head, considering their options further. "**We will both need to ensure our borders are marked before any new plans are implemented. Although perhaps we should leave a small corridor available for our young warriors. Whatever will my Taluvan Night Fliers do when they do not have sacks of feathers to angrily toss Cortla's way?**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

Aike blinked, and then ducked their head so they could laugh, shaking their head in amusement.

"Our young Trapdoors will certainly not know what to do with themselves, either, I agree. There are only so many lizards they can chase through the rocks before even that loses its appeal." They shook their head again, still smiling. "I will bring more maps to the east when we meet again there in the summer. We can discuss those safe corridors for... feather throwing, then."

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__

GoblinFae

Atsida joined in their laughter softly, his eyes crinkling with enjoyment as he nodded his head in agreement. "**I think we have negotiated much this morning. Would you honor me by walking with me? With the snows coming, I find it best to get what exercise in we can before we are snowed in. I would welcome the company.**"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

nephero

In one single fluid motion, Aike was on their feet again, all too eager to get out of the tipi while they still had some sense of accomplishment. The last thing they needed was to wait for one of the others to make another assumption about their motives, and they could feel their ability to maintain patience wearing thin.

"I would very much enjoy a walk, yes." They considered for half a moment, before turning to look at their Trapdoors, who had all similarly stood to leave. "++I'll be fine. Go back to the tent and rest.++"

There were a few raised eyebrows, most notably from Rakal herself, but she shrugged and slowly the Trapdoors emptied out of the meeting tent and into the cool winter air once more, Sitkal stretching out his long limbs the moment he was under the open sky again.

Characters here!

__guilds, yo__