Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Taking a Break

Started by stelmarisa, March 13, 2012, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

It was a clear morning in Uthlyn, with a distinct chill in the air. It was clear that autumn was descending on Connlaoth, bringing with it the cold weather and nippy winds that always heralded winter. The trees had not yet lost their leaves though, and the birds still sang amongst the branches in the parks.

It was in one of these parks that Lotte was frowning in disappointment. She had finished her morning chores early and received permission to leave the brothel. Mornings were always quiet, with most of the girls staying in bed until later in the day. These were the quiet hours when Lotte could escape, and pretend for a while that she had a normal life.

Or she could, if it weren't for these dratted bindings. Her wrists were connected by a long chain of silver, clipped onto her slave bangles. It was less restrictive than some days, a testament to her good behaviour, but still not enough. She had been trying to dance, desperate to practice her steps, but the lack of movement seriously impeded her progress.

She had just given up, after jarring her wrist as she tried to execute a move. "It's no good," she muttered to herself, feeling tears well up in her eyes. Sinking onto a stone bench, she buried her face in her hands.

GoblinFae

He stood hiding behind a tree just watching the beautiful nymph dance about. Rather, he was hiding as best as a centaur the size of a small house could behind the young sapling that was trying to grow strong before the autumn winds knocked it over.

Holding his breath he quickly looked from side to side before shifting forms. He dismounted from Ylli, patting the horse's neck before moving away. Approaching the woman slowly, he knelt beside her before addressing her. "I think it was beautiful," he whispered shyly, wishing he had enough courage to take her hands in his own to better comfort her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

It was through flowing tears that Lotte heard the man's voice - suddenly near her. Sniffling, she opened her fingers and peered through them at the owner of the voice. He had seen her dancing? And had bothered coming all the way over to talk to her? Something seemed off about this, but hey, she was in no position to pass up compliments.

She lowered her hands, chain clinking, and wiped her eyes. "You did? Really?" She sniffled again, mouth in an unhappy little pout.

"You saw me dance?"

GoblinFae

Iorwerth smiled, relieved that the girl was talking back and not running in terror. He figured the moment he stood up she would be intimidated by his height, so stayed put. "Aye, I did. You were like a butterfly on the wind, so graceful and whimsical. It would have been a crime not to inform you of it right away. You, fair lady, had me entranced and enamored with the poise and freedom you displayed. I only wish that I could dance half as well as you. You are like a goddess sent to earth, if such a thing exists."

His hand came up slowly as if by its on volition to rest on the side of her face. The pad of his thumb gently brushed away some of her tears before coming to push a stray lock of hair behind her ear. A blush darkened his cheeks and he bowed his head. "I'm sorry," he apologized quietly. "It is a pleasure to have met you fair angel. I shall not take anymore of your time."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte stared, her tears halted by her confusion. Who was this man, and why was he talking like that? She'd heard language like that only in poetry - and even then, not often. She frowned a little as she thought it through... surely this man was making fun of her. Why else would he come over and use such flowery language.

She was about to say something of this sort when he touched her, and her mouth ran dry. She quivered a little under his touch, intensely aware of how vulnerable she was out here. She had no way to defend herself, with her hands bound as they were, and no doubt he could run much faster than she. A little squeak escaped her lips as these thoughts ran through her mind. And yet... he did not seem dangerous. He had touched gently, and his words... though mocking, were kind.

"Why... Who are you?" she decided to question him. At the least, she could buy herself thinking time... at the best, it would turn out that he was harmless.

GoblinFae

The human centaur, started slightly at her question. "Oh, forgive me! My name is Iorwerth, I'm a bard." Normally he would have leaned forward to greet her in the proper fashion, brushing cheek-to-cheek, but he had a feeling she would not take kindly to that right now.

His eyes fell downward in embarrassment coming to rest on her hands. The strange silver chain around her wrists glinted in the early sunlight and he found himself entranced by it. 'Is it part of her dance? It would be rude to ask. I should be going though, she doesn't seem to want to dance if I'm around stalking her. Silly Iorwerth, you're scaring her!'

Smiling her way again he bid her a good day and moved back from her a bit before standing. He knew how tall he was and how it intimidated many. Loosely clasping his hands in front of him, Iorwerth gave the fair dancer a slight bow and turned to go.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte knew that this man - Iorwerth  - was staring at her bindings, and she felt uncomfortable, unconsciously clinking the chain against itself as he looked. Still, as much as her natural instincts told her that she should be afraid, she couldn't help but be intrigued by this strange man. He had done nothing threatening, after all. On the contrary, he had complimented her, and spoken to her like an equal, and seemed anxious not to crowd her. Even now he was backing away and turning to leave.

"Wait." She had spoken almost before she knew it, her quiet voice surprising even her. Wiping at her eyes roughly again, she held out one small hand to the man.

"I'm Lotte."

GoblinFae

Her words while quiet seemed to have rung loudly in his ears. At her gentle command he froze in his strides and turned back to face her. "Lotte?" he repeated, testing the word and finding that he liked the way it flowed off his tongue. "Such a beautiful name for an even more beautiful woman."

Reaching forward slowly he took her hand in his own much larger one and placed a chaste kiss upon the top of it. "Well met, Lady Lotte." Once he came to realize he was still holding on to her hand, Iorwerth dropped it and begin wringing his hands together and biting his lip nervously. 'What do I do? She's not crying anymore. She told me her name, she seems to want me to stay but, what do I do? What do I say?'

A soft whinny from behind him reminded him of the other half of his soul. 'Ylli! Of course!' Smiling reassuringly to the little dancer he began to explain. "Forgive me again, Lotte. I seem to forgotten my faithful steed. Would you like to meet him? He is a bit large, but I assure you he is as gentle as a kitten."

Iorwerth barely even had a chance to finish before he felt the familiar bump of nose snuffling at his shoulder. "Really Ylli," he mock chastised. "That's no way to greet a lady. You're supposed to wait until I call for you. People are going to start thinking you're the actual brains of this duo. We can't have that now, can we?" Looking to her he shrugged his shoulder. "Horses, what can you do with them?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte smiled cautiously as her hand was kissed, blushing a little as he greeted her in such a formal fashion. She knew she was no lady but she had to admit it was nice to be spoken to like one, for a change. As he dropped her hand she crossed it over her other hand demurely, and was wondering how to proceed when the horse's whinny startled her. She hadn't even noticed the creature, but as Iorwerth introduced him she gazed on with eyes huge.

"Your... steed?" She leaned back nervously as the horse came forwards. She had seen horses before, but only on the outskirts of the city, pulling trade carts or being ridden by the soldiers - who she was understandably wary of.

GoblinFae

He winced as he observed the way she became even more nervous. 'Idiot you are scaring her again!' Iorwerth anxiously ran his hand up and down Ylli's neck before commanding the horse to lie down. Kneeling down as well, the man sent her another calming smile.

"There is nothing to fear from him. He's just a big love. In fact, Ylli will be your friend for life if you rub his neck. Isn't that right?" Iorwerth leaned forward and kissed the beautiful horse on his white blaze.

Only as he was pulling away did he have an ironic thought. 'If I'm Ylli and Ylli is me then every time I kiss him I'm kissing myself. Yick! I need to stop thinking! Make it go away!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Relaxing a little as the horse and man both lowered themselves to the ground, Lotte stood up slowly. It made her feel better to have the advantage of height - maybe that was silly, but it was something which didn't happen often for her. She smiled to see Iorwerth kissing the horse, her fears abated by the care he showed for the creature. Slowly, carefully, she stepped forward and crouched down, reaching out to touch Ylli on the neck.

"He's beautiful." Feeling the warm, rough coat under her fingers had a calming effect, and she beamed at the horse. "You're beautiful," she said again, addressing the comment to Ylli this time.

"I've never seen a horse up close before," she confessed to Iorwerth shyly, her hand still resting on Ylli's neck.

GoblinFae

A deep sense of pride bloomed in Iorwerth's chest as Lotte praised his "horse" twice. Liking the contact of the young woman, Ylli snorted and butted his head like a cat against her knee. "Told you he was a lovbug," Iorwerth teased, resting his hand on the creature's neck.

Looking between horse and woman, he finally came to a decision. "Lovely Lotte, would you like to take a short ride on him? I'll right beside you so you don't fall if that concerns you. Ylli is very good with child riders, I'm sure he won't give you any trouble." Something deep within Iorwerth counseled him to make this woman happy. He would do his darnedest to make sure that happened.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

"Oh!" Lotte gasped and giggled as the horse butted against her, reaching to stroke his forelock carefully. "He's sweet."

She looked curiously at Iorwerth as he suggested the ride, her eyes wide and excited. "Ride him? Really... I could do that?" she marvelled as she looked at the huge horse, trying to picture herself on his back. "Well, if I have enough time..." She tilted her head to look at the sky. It was still several hours til noon, and she wouldn't be missed until then at the earliest.

"I think I do..." she paused. "Yes, alright, I would love that, please."

GoblinFae

He smiled, feeling pleased with himself. Then a spot of realization hit him. 'How is she ever going to get on top of him? I'm going to pick her up. Oh I hope she doesn't get upset about this.'

Biting his lip, he stood and bowed his head to her. "Forgive me for this." Then, moving quickly he lifted her up and placed her on Ylli's back. His hands remained securely around her waist as the horse finally stood, placing her higher than Iorwerth.

"Don't worry now. I'm going to keep my hand around your waist so you don't fall. Ylli won't go faster than a slow walk. If at any time you feel that you want to get down, just let me know and I'll help you down. If you want something to hang onto you can grip his mane, albeit gently. He won't mind if a few tugs. Are you alright? Should we start going?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte gasped aloud as she found herself being hoisted into the air and onto Ylli. She slipped on the horse's smooth back and instinctively reached for his neck, hands buried in his mane. Listening to Iorwerth, she nodded carefully and loosened her grip on the mane, smoothing the hair under her fingers.

"I'm alright," she said, looking at the ground warily. It suddenly seemed a long way down, but how many times in her life would she have such an opportunity.

"Alright, let's go." She smiled at Iorwerth, nervous but excited.

GoblinFae

The "human" centaur placed one of his hands over top of Lotte's giving it a friendly squeeze before letting go. "Alright here we go," he informed her, starting to lead Ylli through and extremely slow walk. Iorwerth could feel the gentle sway of the beast against his side and reflexively tightened his hold around the woman's waist.

"So," he fished trying to make conversation, "what brings you to the park so early to dance? Did you have a performance later or something?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte was grateful for the strong arm around her waist as the horse started moving. She hadn't counted on the sway of the horse's back and the way his shoulders moved against her legs, so it took a few moments before she felt secure enough to enjoy the ride.

"Um... not exactly. I don't dance for anyone yet." She responded awkwardly to Iorwerth's question. "But I'm trying to learn to dance nicely so that maybe one day I can. As for this early... well it's the only time I'm allowed out, so that I won't be missed." She gave a little sad smile, thinking about the duties that would come later.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth clucked his tongue and shook his head. "Well for what it's worth, I think you are a wonderful dancer. You really should dance for others. I would come and see you, that is, if you would let me. I wouldn't want to embarrass you," he amended.

He let his head drop a bit as he gave a low sigh. 'I'm an idiot. I just made her sad for some reason. Way to go Iorwerth! Reasons why you don't have a ladyfriend. Congratulations, you are now doomed to always be alone.' Beside him Ylli nickered and butting his head against his human arm. "Do you work in a tavern or something? I forget that people tend to have more stable jobs than my own. A traveling bard just makes do with what he has," he chuckled nervously, running his hand along the back of his neck.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

She smiled sweetly at his compliment, glancing at him in some surprise as he mentioned coming to see her. Ah... he doesn't know what I am, she reminded herself. He doesn't know what he would have to be doing to see me dance... I'm sure he would be horrified if he did know.
But aloud, she just said, "Thank you," and smiled again.

"A tavern? No, I work at..." she hesitated. He had asked now; she would have to tell him. "At the Cherry Tree." There it was - if he had spent any amount of time in Uthlyn, he would know what it was.

((OOC: don't mind the terrible name for a brothel - I have no imagination xP))

GoblinFae

Thick brows furrowed in confusion. "At the Cherry Tree? Is that some kind of flowershop or something?" Iorwerth was innocent to the going-ons of other mortals and their desires of the flesh. While a native of Connlaoth it was not hard to believe that he had not heard of the renowned place. His many travels did not allow him to stay in one place for long and to be fair Connlaoth was a very big place.

"When do you have to return Lady Lotte? I could escort you back on my fine steed," he tried in an attempt to lighten the mood. 'Maybe I should tell her a story. No! Stories are for children. She wouldn't be interested. Would she? I'll just sound like a fool for suggesting it. Better keep quiet. No harm comes from silence.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]