Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stung by the Story Bee [Northwatch] [Dreamwolf]

Started by GoblinFae, January 15, 2014, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

His tail swished from side to side swatting at the flies that dared to nip at his hindquarters. Underhoof, sharp and uneven stones made walking down the last bit of mountain a somewhat slippery and dangerous venture.

When Iorwerth had left the meeting place he had not exactly picked the door he had intended. By mistake the pair had exited right on the mountainside of Northwatch and had the lovely task of venturing down the slope to the town's below.

They were making steady progress and could already see the bottom in sight. Once they reached there though, the centaur was not sure which way his companion would desire to go and therefore addressed Tick concerning the matter.

"Do you have a particular town in mind, friend? We could go left, right, or onward and hit a town in any direction. All of them are good of course and ripe for adventure and tales. It's just a matter of choosing, lest wish to see them all and that is fine as well."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick thought it over carefully, he enjoyed the trek down the mountain, being more focused on the view than the footing. "If we head on the left hand path we will pass an old man who sells wonderful stuffed breads. If he still lives, it's been a few years since I was last in this area."

((sory for the small post the heater in my truck doesn't work and the library is having boiler issues so my fingers are Popsicles.))

GoblinFae

"Left we shall go then. Food sounds heavenly! I'll take your word on their taste as I admit I don't recall ever having them. Do you remember the fellow's name? That might help us in finding him," he said good-naturedly, practically skipping with joy.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

"His name was Ross. Very nice man, if I'm any judge of character. Tell me though have you heard about a young man who killed a hundred bandits in a single day? I heard part of the story from a merchant. Apparently the young man came upon a merchant caravan that had been attacked by these bandits and something they did enraged the young man so badly he went of a murder spree. I don't know all the details but I know it took place near the border with Connlaoth."

((he doesn't have to know anything, I'm testing a plot line for a short story Ive put it on three other sites so far just to see what people think.))

GoblinFae

The Centaur's eyes widened and his mouth fell open in surprise. "A hundred man," he spoke almost reverently. Now this was a story worth hearing. He gladly hung onto every single one of Tick's words.

"No I'm afraid I have heard no such thing. I have been away from home recently and have not yet collected the stories out in that region. Do tell, is there more to this story that you know? Even the smallest detail would be worthwhile. Perhaps we can find someone who knows more. I know I would be interested in knowing more."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick chuckled. "I too have been trying to find more on this man. His name is Ragnr and he's from Connlaoth originally. He is a Warrior Smith with a great deal of skill and talent. He keeps the most interesting company from what I hear. The one I heard the tale from heard it from a young Forest Spirit girl who traveled with him. He also has a rare Fire Fox as a traveling companion. He's in a relationship with  noble woman. Which apparently frustrates the Forest spirit who seems to be head over heals for him." Tick counted off the facts on his fingers.

"Oh yes, and he is apparently just this side of immortal and can shapeshift."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth gasped at the news. "Now him I'd like to meet! Can you imagine the tales we would hear from them, Tick? The adventures, they've encountered, the romance, the fighting," he practically brayed in excitement as his hooves danced about in the dirt.

"What are the odds you think that we could find this band of interesting people, should they truly exist of course?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick laughed. "Yes my friend they are amazing, if real. From what I understand they travel frequently. We could run into them almost anywhere. When I heard of this man he had last been seen in the area of the the dragon mountains, apparently looking for some kind of metal that only forms in dragon droppings. A bit odd if you ask me."

The little gnome let out a surprisingly loud laugh. "I must say though, if he's half the man the stories say he is he'll be the start of a great ballad."

GoblinFae

"A ballad? Nay, an epic! Oh what I would give to be the one to tell them, to share and pass on such tales to the whole world! Can you imagine Tick? Just think all the things your gift could inspire in them."

He sighed, already dreaming up the tales to be told before the first thing the gnome had said registered in his mind. "Droppings? You did say that correct? Can't say I'd be too keen to go mining for gold no matter how precious given that source. Although," Iowerth winced as he paused in thought.

"Well it would certainly be another tale worth telling, yeah?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick chuckled. "The metal Silverite is made when dragons eat silver ore. No one is quite sure why the dragons eat it to begin with, but the metal it makes is many times stronger than steel, yet as light as tin. To top it of the metal shines and glows when polished properly." Tick recited the information in a confident manner. "My father often inspires metal workers so he ha a large grasp of the craft."

GoblinFae

"I suppose that's what makes me the story-teller and not the hero of the story then," Iorwerth said, laughing it off. "I honestly could not imagine mucking about in...well muck. On another note though your father sounds like quite an impressive man. You too seemed to have picked up a thing or two from him if what I'm hearing is true. You know the more I heard of your people the more enthralled I become with them. That's not your gift talking now is it? Is there a muse of flattery?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick laughed aloud, clutching his sides. "The Muse Gnome magic has many properties, but I have not used my magic recently, not since out initial meeting. And thank you for the complement, Our work is usually thankless, since we tend to work in secret. You know," Tick paused a moment "The old man should be just up ahead."

Even as the gnome spoke a small cabin became visible just ahead, with a thin trail of smoke coming up from the chimney."

GoblinFae

Iowerth's hooves did a form of a four-legged jig in his excitement. He hummed in joy to himself, although the two sounded strangely like a chorus of 'food, food, food, fooooooood' repeated over and over.

"Hopefully he'll be in the receiving mood. Your high praise of him has certainly stirred up quite the appetite. Problems with having an equine disposition I'm afraid, you end up eating like a...well a horse. I don't suppose you have those kinds of problems though," he commented as they approached the cabin.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick chuckled. "Gnome eat twice their body weight a day at least. We have to. The problem with being so small our metabolisms are outrageously fast. We could starve to death if we didn't eat for two days." A they got closer and old man could be seen rocking in a chair on the huts front porch

"Welcome strangers. Ah young mate Tick, a pleasure to see you again, and it seems you've brought a friend this time. I've got some stew on the fire. I'll bring you some out eight away." The old man went in and came back out with a gnome sized bowl (a thimble) and a small trough full of the rich creamy strew. "Eat up lads."

GoblinFae

"Oh wow," Iorwerth exclaimed, eyes widening at the idea. "Now that's just impressive, although it does sound a bit trying. Remind me if you ever need to break for food in the future then. I would hate to starve my best traveling companion," he ribbed with a wink.

The centaur bobbed his head in greeting, a warm smile greeting the man back. The stew smelled delicious even it's delivery was slightly comical. He had to admit a trough was a first for him in this form. Certainly separated into horse and rider Ylli had eaten out of troughs but never the part that remained as Iorwerth.

He warmly thanked the older man, praising him on the presentation of the food and introducing himself. "I cannot thank you enough. It smells heavenly and looks just as good. I'm Iorwerth by the way. Tick here has been telling me all about you. He's given some mighty high praise of your baking skills," he commented with a nod.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The old man chuckled. "I have some of my stuffed breads in the oven now, they need just a bit longer to finish cooking. Master Tick seems to have enjoyed them the lat time he was here, though most who try them come back for more eventually."

Tick nodded. "The breads are wonderful. Do you have a potato bread cooking? The one with cheese?" Tick was delighted to get a nod. "That one was my favorite."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth smiled to hear the excitement in his little friend's voice. It brought him equal joy to see others happy and he dug into his meal with fervor. A hum of pleasure rumbled through his broad chest as he nodded his head before swallowing his mouthful.

"Sir I must say that Tick's praises while numerous and true fell short of your skills. I feel as if I have been cheated all my life over good food. How did you learn? And what exactly is this tantalizing sounding potato bread?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The old man laughed aloud. "I thank you for the praise, though it is a bit much. My food is good and hearty and that I know for sooth. A for the potato bread. It is thinly sliced potatoes rolled into into the core of the bread with goat's milk cheese. The potato slices get tender during the baking and the cheese melts into a fine sauce."

Tick practically drooled during the description.

((this is a bread my grandfather used to make it is delicious.))

GoblinFae

The Centaur's own mouth began to water at hearing the man's description and despite having already begin to fill his belly, it gave a mighty roar of protest at going without the delicious bread it had heard described in detail.

Iorwerth flushed in embarrassment, placing a hand over his torso as if to silence it. "Pardon me good friends. It seems my stomach has decided to run at the proverbial mouth without me again. And forgive me sir but I don't believe we have been properly introduced."

Offering the older man a hand in greeting, he smiled brightly at him. "My name is Iorwerth. I'm a traveling bard."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

The old man chuckled. "Names Bennington, most call me Ben. And your stomach has the right of it. My bread wins baking competitions all the time."

Getting up Ben walked into the kitchen and came out with four fist sized lumps of bread that still steamed from the fire. The mell wafting off the bread nearly drove Tick into a frenzy. When his bread was set down beside him he cut in to it immediately with his little eating knife.