Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Do a little Jig(GoblinFae)

Started by Dreamwolf, November 27, 2012, 07:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamwolf

Tick welcomed the change of topic. "I have seen Connlaoth's capitol, and been turned into a rat by an angry wizard. So far I'm having quite a wonderful time. I was thinking to head north and see the frozen tundra."

The Gnome sighed happily. "I've already seen more than most Muse Gnomes see in their whole lives and I've only been journeying for a year."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth smiled. It warmed his heart to see such happiness on the face of the small passerby. He knew what it was like to feel that sense of accomplishment in having done what those around you had not or claimed you could not. It was one of the reasons he was a bard after all. The centaur loved traveling and hearing tales of far-off places. It made his occupation perfect for him and did not regret going against the hearsay of others for a second.

"It sounds amazing friend. I commend you in being so accomplished in so little an amount of time. You must be quite proud and with good cause. Although this story of being turned into a rat while sounding like some nasty business also happens to peak my interest. Might I hear the tale? I would be greatly honored if you were to do so."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick grinned. "Aye, it is  fine tale. I was sneaking through an old castle I'd stumbled over and found my way into an old mages workshop. I poked around and looked into things, just to satisfy my curiosity, when the old mage who apparently lived there caught me. He turned me into a rat with a simple Word and told me to leave before he did something worse. Of course I needed to be turned back into a Gnome or risk my life when cats were about. I exchanged Muse for the spell that turned me back. The Mage was inspired and made a potion that temporarily reverses balding."

GoblinFae

"Oh dear! That does sound frightening. I'm glad you made it out of that situation right quick enough though. No worse for wear I hope? No cats maimed you in the process?" Iorwerth bit on his thumbnail worriedly, while eying the gnome speculatively. He certainly did not look hurt but it was not as if the centaur would be able to really know that without knowing what a gnome and a muse one in particular, looked like.

"So your muse, uh powers? Gifts? They work on everyone for everything? I don't think I have ever heard of a case where the muse has worked for something other than the arts. This idea is rather fascinating though. Could you possibly share more or is that a trade secret?" he grinned, while giving up a horse-like laugh.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick grinned. The Bard was asking the right questions. "Muse Gnomes were once called Inspiration Faeries, but a few centuries ago someone finally realized we were Gnomes. The term Muse Gnome had a certain ring to it and my ancestors decided it would be the common name of our people. In our language we call ourselves 'Siis Gnar' which translates into Ballad Tinkers. So while most call us Muse gnomes our power is actually simple inspiration. We inspire people and unlock their deeper mind, the subconscious where dreams come from. In short our magic works only a well as your imagination does."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth winced at Tick's people's initial name. He suspected it might not have been a very well-received name given the way the centaur had mistakenly called the gnome a dwarf. Taking interest in the species name in its native gnomish tongue, he found himself butchering the pronunciation moments before flushing darkly and apologizing quietly to his companion.

"Ballad Tinkers is a marvelous name! I truly admire it, and even find myself a bit jealous. Why if I could be renamed as a bard I think the Ballad or Bard Tinker would have made a fine one indeed. Your explanation though of unlocking a mind's deeper subconscious is fascinating. To have such a broad scope of talent that touches so many lives," Iorwerth sighed happily.

"Oh if only my own small talent could have even a tenth of the effect your own does, I would die happy."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick beamed. "We Muse Gnomes love it when you bigger folk try to inspire each other. You have to work at it and usually your inspiration comes from honest feelings. A Muse Gnome uses magic, but you use words and heart. I admit our weakness for love ballads is tremendous and our magic simply can't reproduce the feeling of Love, that is something you have to experience on your own in order to duplicate it in a song or story."

(sorry for the wait my muse hit holed itself up in a bunker...had to get FBI negotiator to talk it out.;))

GoblinFae

"Try would be the key word though my friend," Iorwerth replied sadly. "It is the succeeding that is the difficult part. And even if we manage that sometimes it doesn't turn out the way we dream. Sometimes it is far more terrifying."

The Centaur shuddered as he thought of his own homeland. As much as he loved Connlaoth, that did not negate the horror of some of the treatment he had both suffered or witnessed by anti-magic fanatics. Some listened to his tales and later he would find that some atrocity or another had occurred and the bard was to blame.

"Enough of that though." Chuckling he gently prodded Tick in the belly. "Tell me, Tick. Have you ever known love? Personally?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick stumbled back from the poke to the gut, it had happened before and he wasn't angry about it but it did startle him a bit. The question about love however made him stop from laughing.

"I haven't, well not really, I thought I was in love once, but it was a childish case of puppy love. I've seen it though in many, my favorite pair being and old blacksmith and his wife, after sixty years together they still have this spark to their eyes, its amazing really."

GoblinFae

The centaur nodded his head in understanding. "Aye love most certainly a beautiful thing to see in those who have shared it for many decades. That spark, that twinkle of the eyes and secret smile when no one is looking," Iowerth sighed, a dreamy expression upon his equine-like face.

"Never known it personally, but perhaps one day. You never know," he added softly, his head still stuck in daydreams.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

'Look at us, dreaming like a pair of lovelorn bachelors. Which we are of course.' Tick thought with a slight smile.

"You know, love is probably the most amazing thing out there. Everyone wants it, but no one can buy it, some of the poorest people have it in spades, whereas the richer folk find it fleeting and elusive."

((aahg! brain is turning to mush id put up more but ive hit a stump...))

GoblinFae

"So true, so true," Iorwerth sighed, smiling thoughtfully. "You know friend I have just stumbled upon an idea. Would you happen to be busy right now? Or possibly have a set destination in mind? I recall you said you were a traveler and while I would hate to keep you from your business I would be honored to have you join me for a bit in my own journeys. If you'd be willing that is."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

Tick took half a second to decide. "That sounds like a wonderful idea. I usually go where the tunnels take me, but i feel that traveling with you will bring about many glorious moments." The little gnome was completely smitten with the prospect, his own father had traveled with a bard for many years, and his father was considered something of a folk hero. "The life of a gnome is full of surprises and gifts."

GoblinFae

Iorwerth clapped his hands in obvious delight. "How excellent then! Quite the pair of bachelors we make. We'll take the world by storm with our tales of that I am sure my good friend." Rubbing his hands together in thought, the centaur mused long and hard before smiling and once more addressing the little gnome."

"Where would you care to start Tick? The world awaits! Wherever you wish we shall go. There is no village too small nor no city too large for the likes of us!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Dreamwolf

"South, it gets cold in the north, especially this close to winter solstice." Tick hated the cold, if only because it made people go inside when they could instead be out and about laughing and making tales and songs about the joys of life. Of course an Epic of worth involved and dangerous trek through winter storms facing off ravening packs of wild beasts.

GoblinFae

"South we shall go then! I hope you don't mind skipping Connlaoth this time of year. My homeland tends to be quite cold on top of not being very welcoming to outsiders. Serendipity is nice this time of year though. Perhaps we could head towards Northwatch or Darken Vei," the centaur chattered on as he headed to the "door" of the meeting place that would lead to these areas. He was excited to start a new adventure and this time with a friend at his side. His brilliant smile could not be contained. After all, another story awaited just around the corner.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]