Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

THE RISE OF THE SLAVES OF ESSYRN

Started by visualspice, March 20, 2014, 08:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Quote from: Lion on March 20, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
@ Globlins.  D:<  YEAH YOU DID!  You better get on the bandwagon!

Also, I suppose open plot possibilities for Agrian would be involving him either in the Arena or discussing things with other Slaves/Gladiators!  Likely Yannis and other slaves 8D
He and Yasmin should meet! 8D Or know each other! She's a slave-gladiator herself, so she's probably seen him around. Or maybe even faced him in the ring. D8

Plus seems like his bitterness would be a fun contrast to her chipper-ness! xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Wicked Basket

So, where would my slave driver dude (who I've decided to name Cassius) fit into all of this?

Stormphrax

Quote from: Wicked Basket on March 20, 2014, 02:51:36 PM
So, where would my slave driver dude (who I've decided to name Cassius) fit into all of this?

Cassius! Great choice of name! He's probably my favourite Shakespeare character based solely on what Ceasar said about him.
"He thinks too much: such men are dangerous."
And Yannis takes some inspiration from him too! ^^

*fan rant over*

Ivory

I'm guessing he spends a fair amount of time at the Coliseum...which would connect him to a lot of characters there!

On the other end of things, you'd have to work out details, but you could probably have histories with some of the characters -- either having enslaved/sold/owned certain characters or having obtained/sold slaves for the noble folks...

Stormphrax

Quote from: Lion on March 20, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
Also, I suppose open plot possibilities for Agrian would be involving him either in the Arena or discussing things with other Slaves/Gladiators!  Likely Yannis and other slaves 8D

@Lion: It might be fun for Agrian to mobilise all the support for the rebellion that Yannis has been failing to get for years. Then we can have some kind of infighting as the 'old guard' among the slaves get jealous. Is he the 'leader of men' sort?

Lion

Quote from: Stormphrax on March 20, 2014, 03:07:59 PM
@Lion: It might be fun for Agrian to mobilise all the support for the rebellion that Yannis has been failing to get for years. Then we can have some kind of infighting as the 'old guard' among the slaves get jealous. Is he the 'leader of men' sort?

Not necessarily, I get the feeling Agrian is a quieter sort who's actions and personality seem to just draw followers to him, and likely the title of being a "hero" of the Arena probably wouldn't hold over very well with him at first, but then he realizes what he could do with that kind of following.  Likely, he would then start to want to make contacts, useful ones that could create a sort of 'information ring' for him, to keep communications strong between the slaves.  He'd likely try to work with Yannis and gain his trust and counsel, first, if he can, knowing his enemies, would try and play into the schism between slaves.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Rhi, at some point our gladiator girls should do battle since I just added Red Sun to my list 8D
Also, do you want me to start a thread for Ihlsepar and your two girls? 8D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Stormphrax! Lion and I were doing some plotting and his character is going to dawn a second persona to get close to the Shah in order to get some intel, but we were thinking he inadvertently might get closer to her than he planned and in some random event in the future, I'm thinking the Shah gets kidnapped and Agrian has to save her, and during that time, the uprising is leaderless and the vacuum could suddenly be filled with Yannis, causing epic tensions when it occurs. What do you think? It's still a work in progress XD
and my brains are melty.

._.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aneth

I'm down. Seems like an interesting first plot to be involved in.

visualspice

Quote from: Aneth on March 21, 2014, 07:36:52 AM
I'm down. Seems like an interesting first plot to be involved in.
That's cool! And welcome to SOTE, Aneth!

Just as a reminder, this is an event for Essryni characters only, so once you have a character and idea ready, don't hesitate to post it to begin a plot!

Alegretto

So it looks like I will be making a character for this. He's going to be the Serenian ambassador to Essyrn. Hopefully I'll have him made up by the end of today or tomorrow.

visualspice

What sort of role and character pairing would you like him to have?

Stormphrax

Quote from: Lion on March 20, 2014, 03:26:46 PM
Not necessarily, I get the feeling Agrian is a quieter sort who's actions and personality seem to just draw followers to him, and likely the title of being a "hero" of the Arena probably wouldn't hold over very well with him at first, but then he realizes what he could do with that kind of following.  Likely, he would then start to want to make contacts, useful ones that could create a sort of 'information ring' for him, to keep communications strong between the slaves.  He'd likely try to work with Yannis and gain his trust and counsel, first, if he can, knowing his enemies, would try and play into the schism between slaves.

Aha, okay. Sounds like once Yannis gets over his initial disgruntlement they might work quite well together. Looking forward to playing out their first meeting once Agrian has been established as a "hero". ^^

Quote from: visualspice on March 20, 2014, 07:51:45 PM
Stormphrax! Lion and I were doing some plotting and his character is going to dawn a second persona to get close to the Shah in order to get some intel, but we were thinking he inadvertently might get closer to her than he planned and in some random event in the future, I'm thinking the Shah gets kidnapped and Agrian has to save her, and during that time, the uprising is leaderless and the vacuum could suddenly be filled with Yannis, causing epic tensions when it occurs. What do you think? It's still a work in progress XD
and my brains are melty.

._.

Sounds good to me Spice! I think that Agrian's disappearance would create the kind of power vacuum that Yannis wouldn't really be able to fill. Especially as I imagine that a lot of the other slaves will have string personalities and ideas of doing things their way - especially those used to fighting. I'm happy to flesh that plot point out as we get closer to it and the relationships between the slaves have developed organically a bit.

@Everyone: So hooked on this plot that I'd like to get another character involved (Yannis can't be everywhere at once!). Anybody have any requests for a character role that would compliment theirs well?

Wicked Basket

Well, Cassius used to be a volunteer fighter at the Colleseum, and he also goes there quite frequently, so he'll be familiar with some of the people that have been there awhile like Yannis and Red Sun. He would probably also have connections with the Shah and is a well-known slave trader in Essyrn.

visualspice

Quote from: Wicked Basket on March 21, 2014, 10:24:37 AM
Well, Cassius used to be a volunteer fighter at the Colleseum, and he also goes there quite frequently, so he'll be familiar with some of the people that have been there awhile like Yannis and Red Sun. He would probably also have connections with the Shah and is a well-known slave trader in Essyrn.

He could probably fit with any of my new Essyrn characters, really XD
The Shah is pretty open for schmoozing and flaunting her new position (as I'm going to assume this will be happening near the beginning of her rein so I can play around with her being new to all this)

Red Sun has no current master, but it's possible to get an audience with her, I'm sure; but I also have merchant princesses who might be interested in purchasing slaves or discussing slave trading and what not. I'll think more on it and if I get something more detailed thought up I'll post it, or you can simply post your own thoughts here if you have anything more in depth you want to share :D

I'm sorta busy today so my brain is like being pulled in five directions XD but I should be around for the majority of the day to figure out plots.

GoblinFae

Well I am nearly done with Emyr who I know loves to stir the waters. I can see him wanting to cause trouble and egg Yannis on with the information he collects. I don't know if he's helpful to you until I'm done and you can really see him. I won't be upset if you find him not what you're looking for. I just think he's the kind of guy who likes to tease the radicals
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Lion started the first thread here. Please note, it's not an open thread, but those involved are in the tag line~
Feel free to read it if you wish! More threads are coming soon :D

Wicked Basket

I have completed the profile of my slave trader Cassius Kage!

I'll slap a link in here once I get on an actual computer, but until then you'll just have to find him.

Cassius would oppose the rebellion (obviously), so all you slaves are going to have yet another obstacle to overcome. :)

@Spice:  I made a mention of Cassius and Red Sun having fought each other in the arena before. Since they are both undefeated I put that all their matches ended in draws. I hope that's ok.

visualspice

Quote from: Wicked Basket on March 21, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
I have completed the profile of my slave trader Cassius Kage!

I'll slap a link in here once I get on an actual computer, but until then you'll just have to find him.

Cassius would oppose the rebellion (obviously), so all you slaves are going to have yet another obstacle to overcome. :)

@Spice:  I made a mention of Cassius and Red Sun having fought each other in the arena before. Since they are both undefeated I put that all their matches ended in draws. I hope that's ok.

Sounds great! I'll take a look at him here in a few. And that can work. Red Sun having a draw would make her a bit unsettled and anxious, since she might worry it'd ruin her reputation of perfection in the ring XD

Also, since he chooses to fight, she might be more bitter towards him, considering she has no choice. If she's chosen to fight, she must. Might be an interesting thing if he is the one often times requesting to fight her? Could be an interesting game he likes, who knows XD just an idea

Or maybe he aims to best her one day in combat and if he ever does- he might want to own her? No idea XD just tossing things out there.

Lion

Quote from: Stormphrax on March 21, 2014, 10:10:50 AM
Quote from: Lion on March 20, 2014, 03:26:46 PM

Aha, okay. Sounds like once Yannis gets over his initial disgruntlement they might work quite well together. Looking forward to playing out their first meeting once Agrian has been established as a "hero". ^^

Quote from: visualspice on March 20, 2014, 07:51:45 PM
and my brains are melty.

._.

Sounds good to me Spice! I think that Agrian's disappearance would create the kind of power vacuum that Yannis wouldn't really be able to fill. Especially as I imagine that a lot of the other slaves will have string personalities and ideas of doing things their way - especially those used to fighting. I'm happy to flesh that plot point out as we get closer to it and the relationships between the slaves have developed organically a bit.

I think we can still work with the "power vacuum" idea.  I think once trust has been established between Agrian and Yassin, maybe once Agrian is gone, Yassin tries to keep things in under control to so speak, or prevent other would-be "heroes" from filling that space, so to speak, and take Agrian's place as leader of the uprising.  Likewise, I imagine that wouldn't sit well with Agrian once/if he found out xD  Y'know since being booted from his Merchant Prince position |8  All the rage.

But!  I'd also like to point out, Agrian also would likely appoint Captains or Lieutenants to control contingents of gladiators and slaves, and it's always possible one or two of these Captains might try to fill the void of his absence when he's vanished.  Maybe Yassin still presses for reasonable action under the circumstances, reasoning that Agrian will return at some point, and likely those trying to steal his power would argue they don't have time to wait, etc.  I mean once we reach that point of course.  But those are just my thoughts.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown