Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Mercyful Fate [M] [Boglin] [COMPLETE]

Started by Lion, April 10, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

He deserved that and for it had no response when she changed the subject to bathing it was best not to linger on anything that would ruin this perfectly good unon. For once there was no war raging anywhere. The castle was quiet and the candles burned dimly around them.

Roland shifted up into a sitting position when she rolled away although a grunt followed to signal his displeasure. Still, she wanted a bath and that's exactly what she would get.  With some lugging Roland moved water into the tub in the connected room from the buckets beside it and took the other pail to the fireplace and after some effort made a working blaze.

"Having magic for little things like that can be useful," Roland murmured and once the fire took, he settled the pail on the hinged hook beside it and carefully returned to the bed. "It'll take a few minutes to heat up. So I won't let you stay all cold here on the bed," he murmured.

Roland sat at her side, looking at the reddened stitchwork at her side and frowned. "You would never tell me when you' were wounded, Alanna. Why? When we fought together and you were hurt, you hid your pain from me. What did you not trust me to see?" he asked leaning over her sideways with hands on either side of her waist.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

Alanna frowned at the mention of using magic to ease the burden of menial work but kept her comments to herself. It seemed that Roland's time away from the Mordecai had softened his way of thinking towards the laws of their country. There was a time when he had stood beside her and fought mages who dared use magic. Now though he was making offhand comments about wishing to be able to use magic. It sickened her. But then, it was no longer her place to know his innermost thoughts.

Instead she allowed him to crawl back onto the bed with her where she crossed her arms over her torso. "You wouldn't understand," she answered simply. "I didn't want you to worry about me. Just leave it at that, Roland. It's easier that way."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

It had been nothing more than a passing sentiment, something anyone might have said had they been doing something rather menial. It wasn't something he truly wanted for himself, although Roland made no voice of that.

"As you wish," he said, and gave her a solemn nod.

He did frown at her answer, however, and he nodded to her. So instead his hand carefully pried the blanket from her form, letting his eyes take in the rest of her. Roland's expression was solemn as he reached across her and gently pressed his hands strongly against the muscles of her legs, her calves and her ankles.  He just did this quietly for a time before the sound bubbling water drew his attention away and he got up from the bed.

He pulled the hinge away from the fire and although it was heated, he took his discarded shirt, binding it around the handle and carting it to the tub, filling it up slowly and stirring the water slowly with his hand, finding the waters were warm enough and he carefully wiped it off.

He didn't ask, and didn't let her fight him on it when he returned to the bed and reached across to scoop Alanna up into his arms, one arm hooked underneath her legs and the other underneath her shoulders.  He was mindful of her wounds and when hovering over the water he was half tempted to just dump her into the water. Oh but that would be awfully childish and Roland only snickered as he gently placed her down into the water, submerging her .

Roland knelt beside it and revealed a small shelf that hooked on the tub's edge, along with a rounded sponge. "Okay, don't hog the whole tub. Come on, scoot," he said sternly and stood, stepping in behind her and settling in. "Oh my, commander, you're back needs washing. You look like you were just attacked by a werewolf."  And took a sponge, a soap and dashed the bar over it until it was foamy.

"No doubt you slew such a great and terrible beast," he murmured, gently pressing the sponge against her shoulders.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

She was relieved that he accepted it and did not fight her on the matter. Alanna did not want to have to argue with him or explain that her injuries had always make her feel so much weaker than her peers. While she had earned her place among them it had been a battle hard-won. It was not something he needed to worry about anymore.

Instead, she allowed him to massage her legs, nearly putting her to sleep with his gentle ministrations. When the bath was ready and he was pulling her into his arms, Alanna offered no resistance. She simply wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head against his shoulder. It was a peaceful moment that had Alanna feeling even more in love with him. That is until he slightly paused with her over the tub, then every muscle in her body tensed as she clutched him closely. Her eyes spoke volumes of the pain that awaited him should he drop her.

The heat of the water caused her to moan in pure relaxation. It was a gift, how gentle he was with her and she eagerly scooted forward to allow him to slide in. She was briefly reminded of a distant memory where they had found some hot springs and he really had tossed her into the natural spring only for her to surprise him and drag him down with her when he stood too close to the edge.

"I was attacked by a werewolf," she murmured, letting her head fall back onto his shoulder. Alanna just lounged there against him for several breathes, unwilling to continue for the moment as she just soaked. She knew his curiosity would not be kept at bay though so she continued soon after. "We were ambushed. I don't know what became of her though. She let me live. I suppose that's all that really matters."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

Roland let her settle into the quiet. The water soothed the aches and burns both aqcuired in the fight and those she'd given him. If anything, Roland could never claim she was a selfish lover. That however was a thought for another time. For now he wanted to let the night live for as long as possible.

"Oh?" He murmured, curious and playing with the sudsy sponge between his hands. Roland gently raised an arm of hers to wash the underside and he gave her skin gentle scrapes as if somehow he would damage her delicate flesh.

"An actual werewolf. That was an unexpected turn in that story!" hummed softly. "But I think what matter even more, wolf or not, was that you had enough mercy to let her live. It's safe to say it goes both ways."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Alanna melted into mush in his arms, allowing him to do as he wished with her body without any resistance on her part. She thought back to the attack and how the starved wolf had been forced into fighting for its life by mages that had set upon her and her men. Of course she had not been the Grand Master then but still a commander in her own right. They had all been on a simple scouting mission that took a turn for the worse.

"She was a victim of unfortunate circumstance. The mages had claimed her, torturing and starving her in preparation for the attack. I have a hard time believing that she willingly endured that to fight for them. I am not a person without compassion, Roland. That much has not changed.

"Thank you for this though," she purred, changing the topic slightly. "It feels heavenly."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"A respite well deserved," he murmured, content to speak of something else, and he let his focus do as much as well. Be  in the moment, appreciate it for everything it was. Roland swerved his head around Alanna's neck and paid attention to the other side, coaxing her arm over his shoulder and neck. He kissed her temple and wrapped an arm around her belly, washing the skin beside her ribs and underarm.

"You've no need to thank me. I would do this even simply if you asked for it," he chuckled. "I enjoy having opportunities to pamper you. It's such a rare occurrence."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She moaned softly in complete relaxation. "I'll have to remember this in the next lifetime we get. Maybe if this hell ever ends we'll get our chance again." Alanna sighed and turned her head to kiss his cheek. "I love you, Roland. No matter how hurt and angry I may be with you I still love you. Please don't forget that or think otherwise. I worry I've been too cruel to you." She looked at him sadly, worry creasing her brow. "I love you so much."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Roland was silent at those words as she reached up to kiss him. He blinked away tears that formed and regretted those years he'd long since been away from her. He regretted that the sun would rise and come tomorrow she would be his enemy. So he wanted only to relish every second he had with her, to soak in the moment until it became burned into his very soul.

"I love you, Alanna. Despite all I've done, I always will love you. Not simply as the woman you were, but as the woman you are now. Never be untrue." He whispered those words softly meeting her lips once again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"I know you do," she reassured him, hugging the back of his head as best as she could. "I know you do." Carefully she shifted around in the tub so that she was facing him on her knees. Alanna wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning into his chest and kissed him properly. It was not the passionate type of kiss that they had shared while rolling about between the sheets. Instead it was the slow loving kind between two people that did not need to speak to to actually say anything.

"Turn around and I'll wash you. You can tell me what you've been up to without me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Roland leaned into that kiss, her front pressed against him, arms wrapped around his neck and his arms easily fell around her waist, holding her tenderly. The oddness of gentility came flooding back when she was with him. He was a terror on the battlefield, and faced down enemies without fear. She stilled that ferocity, channeled it into new directions, encouraged it to still and placate until it was needed again.

Even without the passion of before, Roland still felt the force behind that kiss, that longing that he clung to, and he licked his lips when she pulled away from him. He'd almost forgotten she was a damn good kisser. That slow burn that simmered much like the steam rising from the waters.

"Oh, is that an order, Commander?" he chuckled in mock resistance. Roland obliged however and moved so that he was seated in front of her and he could lean gently back against her. "Although my own adventures were...rather uninteresting. Which is fine, at the very least they'll bore you enough to fall asleep. But I won't let you get pruny, don't worry."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She hugged him close as he settled in, her legs moving to tangle over top of his and her arms squeezing across his chest for a moment as she simply savored the moment. Alanna kisses his shoulder, nuzzling her face against his skin before pulling back at last to retrieve the sponge and soaps.

"Not an order. But I miss you. I want to know what I've missed is all. You don't have to if you don't want to, Roland, she spoke softly. Quietly she began to work on scrubbing his back, gentle with his bruises and cuts but vigorous nevertheless to get all of the grime off him. "Besides I'm sure you don't want to hear about the people I work with." Alanna chuckled quietly to herself. "Did you know they made a big fuss over my promotion? It was a nightmare."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Roland sighed against her, sitting upright enough to let her hold him and he closed his eyes against the feeling. He had to. Once morning came it would be gone.

"If I tell you about what I did, you tell me about your inauguration," he replied. He tensed and then relaxed the muscles of his back. The scratches she'd made with her nails stung a little from the water, but he shivered more from her touch than anything.

"After the battle, I didn't feel like myself. I didn't feel much like fighting.  It was... So strange feeling so empty inside. I met some other soldiers I fought with, and we traveled together, taking up some mercenary work. Lots of stuffy nobles needing protecting, their goods, their villages. Good coin to be made. I was quite dashing, and... I thought of you often."

He leaned back, wrapping her arms around his waist to lean into her chest. "I formed the Red Legion with them. And lots of folks started to join. Poor farmers, hunters, lots of people just looking for something to do. Or work to put food on the table. I gave them work."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"People like my brothers," she murmured, thinking back to Grover's Hollow where she was from. The poorest region of Allar had not thrived during the war. People were starving and desperate for hope and change. Alanna did not know of course whether or not the Lowe boys had actually joined Red Legion or not but she did know it was something they would do if given the chance. Every able young man had been drafted into this war. If there was the possibility that they could join a faction that would promise food and safety to them and their ilk then she knew her brothers would hopefully be wise enough to take care of their families.

Alanna hugged Roland again, uncaring of the suds that squished and popped between them. "You're still a good man, Roland. We're still fighting for the same Connlaoth. Try not to lose sight of that my love." She rubbed her cheek against his as her hands splayed out across his chest. "Tell me how you met, Darius. He seems like an interesting character."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Roland didn't know what to say to her claim. He didn't know if he was a good man. He didn't know if he was worthy of those words, and he knew that any lingering thought onto the things he'd done wouldn't make him worthy, but it would also make him wonder just how differently his life would have been had he not gone off to that incursion in the first place.

He was thankful to have her arms fall around them again, and he closed his eyes, letting himself lean fully against her and relaxing in that heated water. He hadn't realized how much it soothed him, and he tilted his head to look at her, her head placed just beside his.

"Darius. Darius....is an interesting fellow. You've met him. Clearly he's the life of the party," he chuckled, grin tilting wryly. But then it quickly faded. "He served the Brennicks before I marched my army through here. He's been a servant in these halls his whole life as far I know. He was just a boy when he came into their service, and rose to the esteemed position he has now."

Roland tilted his head up to kiss her cheek, a soft peck. "But I don't trust him for a second," he admitted. "He has the feel of a snake about him. So far though, he's largely harmless."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She kissed his chin, hoping to offer him comfort and strength even from so small and simple a gesture. "Even old dogs, still bite," Alanna reminded him, hugging him tightly. "I don't trust him either. He turned too quickly to truly support you. Yet if he supported what I stand for, he would have treated me with more respect. Be careful, Roland. I would not put it past a man like him to sell you out."

She sighed tiredly against him before changing the topic. "The inauguration was boorish. You would have had a laugh seeing me all prim and proper in my ceremonial military regalia. Not that you haven't seen it of course but I mean before I've just ridden days on horseback in it." Alanna groaned at the memory.

"Calent made it this big ball. It was simply awful, Roland. All that money wasted that could have gone to feed the people. Of course I ran into Zannrick and he's as much an arse as ever. To top it all off some high and mighty general decided to get in my face and try to have a pissing contest." She burrowed her face into his shoulder. "They didn't even have good wine to get drunk on," Alanna complained, her voice muffled by his body.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

All she advised, Roland already had in mind. He would keep Darius around as long as he was useful, and stayed the harmless snake that he was. It was a relief however to see that she was of a similar mind. He wouldn't allow himself to come to harm while it was too easy. A brief thought to the assassins that had set upon the Iron Keep, gave him a moment of pause.  Hm, it was always possible it was an inside job.

But they could have just as easily found other ways of getting inside. He made a note in mind to keep the Legion on high alert. Already he knew his captains were rounding up the area for stragglers and where they might have gotten in.

So instead, Roland turned his attention back to Alanna, leaning a little with a twist to let his neck crane back toward her. The angle was a little awkward and he chuckled at her complaining. The poor dear. "Oh? I'm not at all surprised," he murmured and kissed her head where his lips could reach. His hands gently patted her thighs and although he chuckled, it was one of sympathy.

"You poor dear," he murmured. "I know you hate suffering gaudy foolishness, so I don't blame you. I'm sure all the food served there, could have fed at least ten different villages. And it'll all be thrown away when it's gone. You know growing up, we were fed and my father and mother didn't tolerate complaints. Farming is a hard way to go. My father was smart though. He learned how to read, so he could know if someone was trying to screw him on a trade. I can't say I blame him. Taught me and my mother as well."

Roland laughed. "Said he didn't want to be living on the house with a bunch of meatheads." Lips met her brow again, his arm reaching up around to grip her shoulder and her upper arm. "But you got away from it. I'm sorry you had to put up with all that nonsense my dear." And although he cringed at the mention of Zannrick, he squeezed her arm again. "Although not having good wine is a crime in and of itself."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"And then you taught me," she reminded him with a smile and another kiss. "I suppose I can forgive you if only slightly for being alive still. You still managed to save the day and get me out of it even if it was unwittingly. My perfect knight in shining armor," she teased squeezing him close.

Sighing and fighting back tears she realized just how much she did not want the moment to end. "Roland, I don't want to leave in the morning," Alanna whispered painfully. "I don't want to close my eyes and wake up to you gone. I don't want to let go lest it's the last chance I get to hold you. I don't want to give this up again."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"I don't either," he whispered, kissing her cheek, her chin, the corner of her mouth and pulling away enough to wrap around her form and seal her close to him. "I can only hope I'm still worthy of you by the end of this foolish war. I love you," he murmured.

Roland captured her lips. "If by the end of this, when it's all over, I am worthy, can I be yours again? Will you let me call you my wife?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"I never stopped being your wife," Alanna whispered against his sweet lips. "If you can still love me after knowing I've fought for your enemy, if you can love me knowing that though you were dead I laid with another man, if you can love me," her voice cracked as she clung to him fiercely, "if you can love me knowing all the things I have done, then I will always be your wife."

She had thought she had cried all the tears she had left to spare and yet still more came. "You may have been dead but I always saw myself as Roland Mercer's wife. Everything I ever did that went against what our marriage meant made me feel guilty inside. Maybe I always knew you were still alive."

Sitting up straight and dashing her tears away with a swipe of her hand, Alanna looked to Roland seriously. "My husband Roland Mercer fought too damn hard to make me his wife for me to fall out of love so easily. I don't care what you call yourself, Roland. Just don't give on me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]