Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Mercyful Fate [M] [Boglin] [COMPLETE]

Started by Lion, April 10, 2017, 10:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

At the feel of her tears against his skin, Roland reached his hands up to brush them away. He gingerly kissed at her forehead, at her cheeks and pressed his head to hers, nuzzling her before slowly entrapping her in powerful arms. His soldier, his love, a sobbing mess in his arms.

Roland too felt his eyes begin to heat and water, and a ball formed at the center of his throat. Never did he realize how much he needed to hear those words than now and his words were stuck on that ball in his throat, making him unable to voice just how much they meant to him. That she still cared even after all these years, after everything he did and didn't do. And what was more, even the haunting tone her words left behind.

What she had done...  What had she done?

"Whatever part of me died...it wasn't my love...for you," he murmured, managed to clear his throat enough to say that. "That stayed. Burned inside and I don't want to let you go back to the city. But I don't know if I could ask you to turn your back on your oaths. I would never beg you to betray your nation. That was my choice. And I will live with it."

Roland looked to her steadily. "I promise, though."  He blinked and there ran streams of tears down his cheek. "When you requested that I live, at dinner. I promise. I'll do whatever I can to live through this war. For you."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

"I'm holding you to that promise," she breathed in a rush as if out of breath. Alanna kissed him again, feeling fire flowing through her veins once more as desperation demanded that she kiss him at least once more. She had come to realize just how precious their limited time was and how long it might be before they ever saw each other again, that is of course if they ever saw each other again.

Water sloshed around them, threatening to spill out of the tub as she firmly situated herself in his lap. "Roland?" Alanna hesitated, afraid that if she spoke her desires aloud that she would be rebuked. "Will you make love to me again and just hold me close? I don't want to forget this night. It will have to keep me warm for many more to come."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

The question of if remained in the background. "If" everything. And Roland let his mind focus on the present. And the gift that it was. Roland nodded to her request. Did she even have to ask? He was hers after all. "You never have to ask that," he murmured against her lips.  "Always is the answer."

Roland stood carefully in the water, pulling her up with him, and scooping her into his arms, stepping out and letting the water leave a trail on the cool floor. The rugs could be cleaned, as would the sheets. And it was no matter to him.

Alanna was all that mattered. Roland kissed her deep, settling with her back on the bed, letting himself share this night with her. Let the dawn bring what it may.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

She felt safe in his arms and simply rested her head upon his shoulder as he returned her to the soft, warm bed. There she eagerly and passionately welcomed him into her arms well until dawn. They spent the evening making love, dozing, and just sharing in the moments they had left together.

As the sun finally began to peek through the window, Alanna clung tighter to Roland. She laid there feigning sleep though she would not doubt it if he was doing the same simply so they could stay there a few breaths longer. For a soldier, she truly was dreading having to "wake up" and don the robes of Connlaoth's Grand Master Mordecai.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

Roland didn't pretend to be asleep for long, and became very aware of Alanna plastered against his body. The real weight of her had him slowly blink and his free hand came up to wipe the crusts from his eyes. He leaned in, hugging her close, pulling the blanket up tighter around the both of them.

"Stay here," he muttered, clearing his throat. "Do you really have to go?"
The answer of course was obvious, but he made no motion to get up, nor did he want to let her go. "What's so important out there? That you can't find here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Alanna did not cry though she certainly wanted to. Instead she hugged him close and buried her face against his chest. "If I stay it will get us both killed. At least if I return I have a chance of still keeping you alive and safe. I have to give the Grand Duke my assessment. I have to tell Connlaoth how Falkenrath fares. No one can know it's you or what we've done." She blushed faintly knowing both their men probably already had a very good idea what the pair had been up to. "It's the only way Roland. Ansgar help me I wish I knew a better one."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"I know. I know you have to. And I know what I have to do. I won't let go of Falkenrath. I can't. Not for what I've made for everyone that's followed me, that's believed in me. I will fight if I have to, but I hope it won't come to that," he murmured and squeezed her tightly to his chest. "I hope that when we next meet, it will not be on a battlefield."

"Just know that I love you, Alanna. You're stronger than you know. You're capable. And Calent, whatever his flaws, chose his commander well."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She sighed heavily but did not argue with him. What really was there left for her to say? They were at an impasse until the war was over. They could neither move forward nor backward until the unpredictable future revealed its true colors to them. Instead she held him tighter, raising her chin to place a deep yet chaste kiss to his lips.

"I need to get dressed," Alanna whispered, while making no move to actually follow through with her comment. "I need to return before they decide to march an army after me." She rolled her eyes in exasperation though she was only half-joking. If she knew one thing, it was that people were far too snappy with their decisions of late.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

The day wouldn't wait for them. And no matter how much both of them wanted to put it off, the would would keep going, the resounding march of boots against the ground. A beat that matched the desperation in his chest. Roland closed his eyes.

Inside he knew that even in the uncertainty of their future, if there was one, it was nothing short of grim. And no matter what, he would hold fast to Falkenrath until his dying breath. He hoped it wouldn't come to that, but he made peace with that possibility.

And as for Alanna. This was probably the last time they would meet like this. The last time he would get to hold her in his arms. She was Calent's now. And the moment she left Falkenrath's borders, she would become his enemy.

"Surely they know you're on official business right?" he asked with a forced grin.  Roland shifted around so that he could lean on his side. "They trust you enough with command of all the Mordecai. They would trust you enough to return. But I wonder...  You weren't exactly quiet last night. Do your men possess the correct amount of discretion to not speak of what their commander was doing?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Alanna smacked Roland while pulling away with a frown. "You just had to go there. For your information my men at least will have the discretion to keep their commander's peace-keeping tactics to themselves. I'm not so sure I can say the same about yours." Despite her barbs though, Alanna was smirking playfully. "They honestly can't fault a widow. My husband's dead, but I most certainly am not. A woman has to use every tool in her arsenal even if it's that one."

She slid off the bed and began the task of trying to find all the pieces of her outfit while tossing him the bits that were his. "Get dressed and stop ogling you fool. I don't have to be looking at you to know you are. There's work to be done."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"My soldiers are loyal and dedicated. I know they'll keep what they heard to themselves. But I guess it's only natural to scream to the high heavens," Roland murmured, as he slipped off the bed and snatched his own clothes up to dress for himself. "I'm only trying to admire that glorious figure before you go riding off into the sunset. Far away from me. Far from where I'll be able to see you."

Roland was mostly dressed save for his shoes when he approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her. His shoulders curled around her and he pressed her back to his front. "So forgive me. At least, for savoring all that you are," he said softly and kissed the small bump at the base of her skull just behind her ear.

"Your flesh and form are still as supple and beautiful as when we first met," he said, laying his head on her shoulder.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She inhaled his scent deeply, feeling herself already trying to melt back into his form again. But Alanna had to be strong. She could not cave into him now or she would never leave him. It was already tearing her in half inside to know she had to do so and would do so. "Pray it is enough then, Roland. It may be another six years before we are able to meet again and I won't be nearly as beautiful as you think me now or once thought me to be."

Alanna wrapped her arms around his, pressing her cheek back against his shoulder. She let them have their moment just a few seconds more before reminding him that he needed to let her go. "I need to check on Harold anyway. Poor boy's been through enough. We should get him back so he can heal properly before anymore assassins decide to show up."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Roland did let her go, although reluctantly and quietly watched her before he moved around to slip his boots back on. It would not be a somber goodbye, he told himself that there was no use in sorrow. There was no future in it. He needed to be strong, just as she did to face whatever was to come.

"Very well," he nodded, getting the door for her and standing aside long enough to allow her to pass. Roland stayed behind a little, securing the door and taking in a deep breath. Right, it was time to return to reality, time to face the crowd.

Once in the Great Hall, Roland made his way out to the opposing wing of Iron Keep, Alanna in tow to show he the way to the healer's chambers. "Harold should be just down the hallway. You see to him, I'll check with my legionnaires, see if anything of note was found on the bodies of those assassins," Roland nodded curtly to her. His eyes were no longer softened as they once were, but they were filled with understanding as he met her gaze and gently shut the door behind her to so that she could tend to her own.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"Thank you, Duke," she replied, brushing past him closely on her way to see her men. Alanna wanted nothing more than yank him back into her arms and kiss him senseless. But, they each had their own duties to attend to so she carefully locked her heart away where it could cry in silence and peace far from prying eyes and ears.

Throwing her shoulders back and squaring her chin, the Grand Master Mordecai made her entrance with the airs and confidence of the battlefield commander that she was. Her men instantly fell silent and struggled to their feet to await her commands.

With a silent wave of her hand, Alanna dismissed their attention and moved to stand over her youngest recruit's bedside. "So I 'eard the boys sayin' you was 'avin' diplomatic relations with the dukey, cap'n," he wheezed the moment he caught sight of her. She frowned and raised a brow at him in challenge. It was not enough to stop the boy though as he plowed onward with his quips. "Dukey must've been sumthin' terrible and frustratin' though with all the screamin' yousa doin'."

His words caused an outburst of guffaws from the surrounding men as they did their best to hide it with coughs and mutterings. Alanna rolled her eyes and gave Harold a playful punch to the shoulder. "If you have a problem with my battle tactics I'm sure the Grand Duke would love to hear all about it. Otherwise don't be wagging your tongues about nothing. I don't know what those healers gave you, Harry but it definitely was too strong for you. Sounds like you were having fever dreams all night."

The look she gave her men said it all. Ansgar help the man that dared speak of her evening with the new Duke of Falkenrath. Each man in turn silently nodded their head in understanding before going about their business and their joking among themselves. Her secret was safe with them and Alanna's eyes softened to observe them. They had been lucky; their losses were not nearly as bad as they could have been, as they almost were. She patted Harold's knee comfortingly, still deep in thought.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"As far as we can tell, they came in from outside the wall," Alyssa explained in her general quiet tone. She was fairly plain looking, with her hair tied back in a ponytail and the light mail secured around her. Plain leathers and wrappings of crimson here and there marked her as Red Legion, and when she stood before Roland, she spoke plainly and quickly. She never was fond of overlong conversation. "Their ropes and hooks were found in a barrel just outside the western side. Nothing on the bodies though. Just a bunch of rag tag equipment. Other than splitting up, didn't seem like they had any real plan of attack. Likely bandits the lot of them. My guess is they saw some gold armor flying by and followed the mark."

"Thank you Alyssa," Roland nodded to her in dismissal. She saluted with her right fist over her heart and bowed her head, stepping back out toward the wall. He watched her go for a time. The bodies had been cleaned up since the attack the previous night, and likely to be burned after their equipment was salvaged.

Roland looked back toward where Alanna had left in the Healer's Chambers, and no doubt tending to her men. She was a damn good commander, her men respected her, feared her, hell - if he was any indication - even loved her when it came down to it. They would follow her to hell and back if necessary. And she'd be there to lead them right back out of it. It was a mirrored loyalty, one that he knew his Legionnaires shared.

It was an understanding that came only from those that fought in war, and even though they were enemies, for one day, one night, they were allies. And his Legionnaires treated those Mordecai with nothing short of respect.

Roland steeled himself whenever Alanna made her appearance again, and he bowed his head to her in sincerity. And faintly. Just faintly from the corner of his mouth, he grinned wryly. "Grand Master Mercer," he said.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

When Alanna at last went looking for Roland, she met him with a dark narrowing of her eyes and a pursing of her lips. "I see that," she whispered for his ears alone. She knew him well enough to have seen that smirk even with her back turned let alone while she was standing right in front of him. "Was that the String Bean, then?" she continued, nodding her head in the direction the woman had disappeared off in.

She had waited to approach Roland until after the woman had left but that did not mean she had wasted the time by waiting. Instead she had been observing, taking in every feature of the other woman and committing it to memory. If this was the one that she needed to be concerned about then, Alanna was going to make sure that she did not forget her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Inwardly, Roland was rolling his eyes. They couldn't have gone further up into his head. But if they did, they'd be looking at is brain and going full circle because really this was not the best time to be asking about whether or not that was his "other woman." He wanted to laugh, and refrained from doing so.

Instead she was met with a set of raised brows, and he was half-tilted toward her. "That was my head scout, Alyssa Braiden. She is not the string bean. Why? You have nothing to worry about."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

One dark brow rose nearly clear up to her hairline as Alanna fixed him with a sharp gaze. "Is is wrong to ask a simple question about one of your men? I was merely curious," she huffed, crossing her arms tightly over her chest as her jaw clenched and unclenched several times. The Mordecai did not like being called out even by her former husband and lover. Jealousy was beneath her, or so she liked to believe at least.

"My men have been adequately cared for. Thank you," she replied evenly, her eyes tracking as different men moved about them both, going about their work. "We should be set to leave as soon as we are assembled though one issue yet remains. What will become of the remaining member of the former duke's line? I will be required to report on his whereabouts and health."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

What was a perfectly natural human reaction to anyone else was something Alanna would never deign to possess. And if Roland could be cheekily honest, that sheer sense that she could remotely be jealous at all was kind of attractive. As much as it would be inconvenient to express such a thought now. In all the time they'd been together, she had nothing to worry about. In the time they had prior to that, they each had their share of partners.

Even as Roland had hoped to court her, he knew she never spent her nights alone if she could help it.

"The previous Duke is housed within the guest wing of the Keep. Would you like to see him? You're more than welcome to," he suggested and motioned for Alanna to follow him in the other side of Iron Keep. His shoulders were rolled back and head held high. He was still a commander after all. There was a certain image to keep up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"That would be amenable," Alanna agreed, following a step or two behind Roland. His body language did not escape her. In fact she drank it in and marveled at how his authority served to make him even more attractive. It was a pity therefore that appearances had to be kept up and that they were not fighting on the same side. Mordecai Grand Master or not, Alanna would have very much liked to shove Roland up against the nearest wall in yet another fight for dominance. He just made her so hungry for him.

She chuckled softly to herself as memories of doing just that a decade earlier resurfaced in her mind. Some things just never did change after all. "My men seem to have been cared for just as you promised. I am grateful to you Duke. A man who keeps his word is a rare thing these days regardless of what side he stands on."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]