Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Misery Loves Company [Godlin!]

Started by Draconian, May 01, 2020, 09:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Startled was one thing that Luna was immediately, she jerked back a step and then froze. Like a scared rabbit her eyes went wide and she just... stared. Words failed her and while her vision wasn't the best she could tell how tall this person was and intimidating and Luna found both her hands on Zhirai's shoulder, half ducking behind him automatically with the initial cheerful hello.

"It..." Luna didn't move from behind Zhirai, eyes still wide and mouth dry, "it's alright." She whispered out, collecting herself. She'd been expecting more... regular height elfin people but... "hurt?" Luna reeled herself back in and she looked over herself confused.

There was nothing to see under the thick black clothing, she pat the sides of her head and gave her arms a squeeze. "No, I'm not hurt..." she trailed off and then looked at Zhirai, realizing what had happened. "Zhirai was lost," Luna started, "So I was helping him back."

Luna bowed forward, her pale braid falling from her shoulder so the end almost swept the floor. "Apologies for being startled, I wasn't expecting anyone of such..." Luna stood back up, back straight and lifted a hand, "stature. I'm Luna. I care for the young dragons. Sort of like daycare, now that I think about explaining it." The last bit was mostly to herself and a bit mumbled.

The pale woman took a step back and made way for Zhirai, "I guess we've found your home away from home." Her voice got quiet and she smiled at Zhirai and then at Kirsikka, "it was lovely meeting the both of you."

GoblinFae

Zhirai turned and looked at Luna over his shoulder with a raised brow of confusion. Was the Pinkskin sick after all? She was behaving as a bird before a snowcat, flighty and unsure. He shrugged towards his kinsman and rolled his eyes a bit before ignoring them both and heading into their shared suite.

Kirsikka for her part remained patient, albeit a bit inwardly irritated at the other elf for his rudeness. Some people needed new lessons on manners. "Worries none," she uttered back with a kind smile. "I am of stature for my people too. Thank you for help! Come," the tall woman offered, holding out her hand to Luna. "Have tea."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Draconian

Tea?

Liuna's mouth fell open and she was swept along, reaching a hand out and taking Kirsikka's. "Tea would be lovely, thank you," Luna didn't even try to make her gawking subtle, looking between Zhirai and Kirsikka before she bit her lip and tilted her head.

"You're family?" She motioned to the two elves, curiosity heavy in her voice while she looked between, "brother-sister?" Luna paused and then snapped her fingers while she was being lead, "husband-wife?"

GoblinFae

Kirsikka beamed brightly at Luna's willingness and easily placed the smaller woman's hand in the crook of her elbow as she had seen other humans do. She kept her strides a bit shorter and slower so as to not sweep the young woman off her feet and all but drag her through the room before leading her to sit in a cushy armchair near the fireplace.

At her questions, Zhirai snorted and rolled his eyes while attempting to get into the tea things before Kirsikka smacked his hands away. "No," she replied emphatically at the second question. "Just companions of road."

As she spoke the antares slowly and methodically worked at steeping the tea leaves and warming the cups. "Zhirai's brother passed on our journey here and I left my twin behind with her mmm beloved? This is word for life partner?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Draconian

The pale haired Adelan took a seat gratefully on the plush chair, her feet barely touching the ground. Luna listened to Kirsikka, blinking and watching her step the tea carefully. Each movement looked calculated, like even though she's done this hundreds of times before, it was always with purpose.

Then kirsikka mentioned that they were only traveling companions and continued to elaborate.

Luna felt awful, growing quiet and giving Zhirai's form a lingering look. Lost his brother traveling? Her heart ached a little at the thought and she tucked her hands between his knees, head going down slightly to fend off any surprise empathy. The idea turned into it's own beast, her thoughts winding and changing. It took a moment to compose herself and she looked back at Kirsikka with bright blue eyes.

"I think either works, though beloved sounds very lovely. Married is another word for it," Luna sighed and played with the fabric of her clothing, "the journey was bad then? To Adela?" She questioned, curious, casting a sad eyed glance at her new friend.

GoblinFae

Kirsikka hummed and nodded her head. "Married. I left her with married." A deep breath filled her lungs and the silence that followed Luna's question. Then, with an exhale it passed. "Yes," the woman spoke with a softness twinged with pain, "it has been long and very difficult for many of us. We lost friends to weather, to beast, to," the antares glanced towards Zhirai, "heartbreak. But, we also parted ways with friends who found place and belonging. We hope to find peace here too."

Zhirai attempted to take advantage of Kirsikka's distraction and reached for a cup again only to be slapped away by the healer in such a nonchalant manner that it was clear this was not a new intrusion. "Do you like things in tea, Miss Luna? We do not put but you humans like mm su-gar, or hon-ey, or maaalk? It is wondrous. We do not have these things at home."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Draconian

Losing loved ones to weather and beasts seemed like a perfectly normal -but tragic - thing to happen while traveling long distances. Luna nodded along politely, soaking in the information while she stowed on the last cause. Heartbreak.  She looked down at her hands and played with her fingers while she listened. When Kirsikka offered sugar, honey or maalk she tilted her head ti the side in confusion. Luna was never sure if she had always done that or if it was body language she picked up from her dragons.

"Oh, milk." Luna pulled her braid over her shoulder and played with the ends of that before she politely shook her head, "no, no it's fine. I can have tea as you make it." She cleared her throat and awkwardly shifted in her seat.

"I have a question, and I apologize if this is rude," Luna looked from Zhirai to Kirsikka, "how does one die to heartbreak?" She shuffled in her chair so her feet were flat on the ground instead. "Do you mean like an illness?"

GoblinFae

The red woman looked up warmly as she passed over the cup of tea for Luna as well as gave one to Zhirai before he all but snatched it up. Her features became clouded and she took a moment to stare into the steam of her own cup as if it held all the answers. When she did speak at last her words were weighted and measured.

"For Starstriders like us, we feel things so deeply in hearts that it can kill us. Great sorrow, great grief, great rejection; it is literal death. We came to Adela for hope. Not all were so lucky to see it done. For some it is slow," 'like me,' she thought. "For others more fortunate...

"Not exactly happiest topic, no? What is it Miss Luna does?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Draconian

Luna will never forget the day she learned that these interesting colorful elves could actually die of heartbreak. Her mouth was full of tea and her feet barely brushed against the ground. It was good tea, but she found it hard to swallow with how her chest tightened at the idea of such a thing. A sympathetic look towards kirsikka and Zhirai and she gave a little nod, tucking the information away and letting the topic change.

"I help tend the dragons, the little ones are too young to really be out on their own, so I... am a glorified baby sitter." Luna smiled slightly,"I guess I'm a nanny of sorts. I bring them treats, teach them how to read, they can't speak words, but they communicate in other ways. I'm not cut out to be a dragonrider, so I help in my own way." Luna gave a small smile, "They understand. We may be in Adela but this is also probably the largest concentration of dragons, poachers and bad people wanting a 'pet dragon' try to do very evil things sometimes."

A small smile and Luna took another sip of tea, "you're free to visit me whenever you like. You too, Zhirai." A pause and Luna turned her head to Kirsikka, "is he always so grumpy?"

GoblinFae

"Dragon," she repeated slowly. "That is hairless, flying cat? You must be very talented Miss Luna. Dragons are special to Adela, yes? I'm so sorry you were stuck with Zhirai for the afternoon then," Kirsikka laughed softly while sipping her tea.

"I would enjoy seeing very much yes," the healer lit up at the invitation. "It is safe for me to come? I will not scare with stature?"

She snorted then at the lull and its following question. "This is him on good day. At home, much worse." Kirsikka made many scowling faces, imitating Zhirai before giggling softly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Draconian

It was very impolite to cough out your tea.

It was very, very impolite to make a mess in someone's home. It also took every ounce of effort to keep herself contained when Kirsikka called dragons hairless flying cats. There was a moment, and she missed some of what Kirsikka said, but finally, when the moment passed Luna politely put her tea on the table and tried to compose herself. Her face was red, though the slightest change in mood caused her face to flush, now it was bright pink to the tips of her rounded ears.

"Yup" She squeaked out in reference to the Dragons. Hairless cats. Hoo boy. Kirsikka will come meet them - Maybe Luna would wander by on another day and see if she was available and steal her away. When Kirsikka mentioned Zhirai being good today, her eyebrows lifted up, surprised, "Oh. I'm sorry, I was only teasing." Luna flashed an apologetic smile towards Zhirai before looking to Kirsikka again, "I have to be going soon," A little polite nod, "But if you let me know when you're here, I can come get you another time and you can meet the babies."

GoblinFae

"Are you well, Miss Luna," Kirsikka interjected in concern, leaning in and holding a hand out as if to offer comfort. "Is tea too strong? I'm sorry." She waved her hand though as Zhirai huffed and scowled. "Do not mind Zhirai. Always grumpy he is, but I would like much to see dragon babies with Miss Luna. I will be here," she continued getting to her feet again and offering a hand to help Luna up. "Does Miss Luna know way back? I can escort."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Draconian

She smacked at her chest when the inhaled liquid protested her breathing again and stood up, taking Kirsikka's hand and using it for balance.

They were so kind.

Luna quickly snapped a glance at Zhirai and looked back at Kirsikka. Kirsikka was so kind. A small smile and she gave a little nod, "oh yes, I know my way. Acm. I've been all over the grounds." She looked towards the door, as usual, everything was fuzzy but it was a familiar fuzzy. Still it would be rude to decline.

A bright smile and a polite nod to Zhirai, Luna lifted her hood over her head and smiled up at Kirsikka. "If you escort me then you'll have no problem visiting whenever you wish to," Another smile and Luna nodded towars the door, "have you been on the grounds at all? The Den is a bit off to the side. Not away from everything but sort of... pseudo-hidden, I suppose."

GoblinFae

"Oh a little but no. I prefer uh Adelan healing house. At home I do similar work. Adelan methods here are different and I am fascinated. Did Miss Luna know Adelans only have one heart?" She asked in the gleeful awe of newly learned information usually found in excited school children.

She offered her arm to Luna as she walked her out of their shared rooms. "Den Miss Luna said? What does this mean? I do not know word? It is where Miss Luna work? Or live? Or dragon babies? Where do baby dragons go when grown? Are baby dragons only raised here?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Draconian

Did Miss Luna know Adelans only have one heart? That question would linder a while. They walked and Luna listened, hand over her chest to feel her heartbeat. The questions came at a rapid fire and she had to ponder each one. All while feeling her heartbeat.

"Den is like... a home! It's where I work and live, yes, and baby dragons! They usually end up with the Dragonriders, no, not only here, just the ones that choose to." Luna smiled at Kirsikka and led them on a leisurely walk back to her home. "The Dragons in Adela are different because they're also Adelan. Just because they happen to be dragons doesn't mean anything. They mature differently and some of the young ones interested in humans come and live with me. Sort of like a babysitter." It was a modest home, attached to a large building with a roof and huge doors.

"They come and go as they please during the day but I patch up boo-boos and get between fights. Give them a talking to when someone comes to me if they've cause trouble on the field." A little shrug, "a home away from home. I get them treats and help with brushes if they're itchy " a little shrug and she smiled up at Kirsikka, "unfortunately they can't speak like you and me. But many Adelans can communicate with dragons anyway, only its... an innate gift as far as I know." Luna pondered and looked at Kirsikka, "some of the very old ones can communicate with you anyway, if they're strong enough."

GoblinFae

"Ahh, so dragons are uh...citizens? I see, I see. And Miss Luna is babysitter, human nursery mother? It sounds like noble job. Miss Luna must be very proud," the healer stated patting the smaller human a bit roughly on the shoulder as they stepped outside.

"This gift? I know it. I have not, but Kirsikka sister do. Sinikka speak often with cow--no....cat? Big uh furry, long tail," the woman motion with her hand a long thin tail behind her rear and then two triangle ears on her head using the first and second fingers of each hand spread upside down, "and ears, and uh this tall." Kirsikka held her hand up to the middle of her thigh to indicate the size of the mighty beast she was describing. "I seen not cat here though."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]