Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Keep your Sword Close to Mine [Complete]

Started by GoblinFae, January 08, 2012, 03:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

They had met that once more and not again for quite some time. Saezer had said that he was busy and apologized for not being about to see her more. Primrose had of course understood. But, as the days went on, she missed her friend more and more.

It pleased her greatly when she started receiving letters from him. For weeks she would smile just thinking of their friendly correspondence. Lately, though she was more excited and distracted than ever. In his last letter, Saezer said he was on his way back to Ketra and promised to spend another dinner with her.

The passing days without him seemed more lonely than the next. While their company together had been short, Primrose had found a close friend in Saezer. She hoped based on his letters that he did indeed feel the same.

Tiredly, Primrose made her way back home through the forest. 'Who knew children could be so tiring? I love the dears but I just can't keep up with them these days. Must be because it's summer. The longer the days the more energy they have to play instead of listen.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Casey

When Saezer had reached Ketra, just as he had imagined, his roots had grown in. What could he say? Old habits died hard. So he found the closest barber and had his hair cut short until all the black was gone and the gold subble of his facial hair removed. He removed his color covers, to his great relief, and put on his fitted tunic. It was black and plain, if not a little faded and worn. He fitted himself with a slouchy hat embellished with a nice white feather.

He looked at himself at the Inn's looking glass. He felt nervous and strange. He looked... handsome. Like his father. He frowned and pushed those memories aside, at least for the day. He sighed and began his walk to Primrose's house. Would she recognize him? Would she notice his improvement in swordsmanship? It'd been so long and their acquaintance so brief.

In reality he'd actually gotten to know her much better through their letters, and she knew him drastically better as he allowed himself to become less criptic with her. His letters so her at some points were more like journal entries. Primrose became kind written words that could do no wrong. There was a while when he reached Northwatch that he stopped writing altogether and afterwards never explained his silence.

Saezer found himself sitting outside her door, waiting for her to come home from teaching. He thought about what she was teaching them, who she'd challenge to a dual recently, what her smile looked like. He fidgeted with his hat, brushed dirt from his shoes, wiped his blade clean.

Then he saw her. He stood quickly, a shy smile plastered onto his lips, waiting for her to notice him.

GoblinFae

Slowly, Primrose trudge her way up the path to her front door. A few feet away she froze seeing the tall figure standing on her doorstep. 'Who is that? Could it be? That smile, I know that smile. Saezer?'

"Saezer!" she screamed joyfully, dropping her books and running up to him. She launched herself into him, embracing him tightly around the middle quickly before quickly releasing. "Oh Saezer it is you! I have missed you so much. Have you been waiting long? When did you get back? Are you hungry? Would you like to eat now? Did you have a safe journey?" Primrose spoke in a rapid-fire way hardly allowing Saezer to get a word in edgewise. When at last she was out of breath from talking she just hugged him again smiling, albeit a bit more gently than the first. "I missed you," she told him softly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Casey

A calming joy spread through him as she hugged him. He'd been so nervous about seeing her. He'd never had someone to come back to before. Saezer went out of his way not to make any lasting connections unless it was for business purposes. He didn't trust a friendship that went any deeper. Shallow was how he preferred it. But her burst of honest feelings settled his anxiety that told him to flee.

She crushed the air out of his lungs on the first squeeze. He chuckled softly as she fired off questions at him and then hugged her back. "I'm happy to see you well, Primrose," he answered quietly while shrugging off her other questions. He wasn't ready for the 'I miss you' thing quite yet. Not to say he didn't, in his own way. But he felt guarded, unable to trust himself with his own feelings.

"I've come back on business for Grey's Shop I wrote to you about. I stopped in Connlaoth and picked up a list of very strange supplies. It's been..." he stopped and sighed. There was far more to that sigh than he was willing to let on, "a long journey, to say the least." He thought about the stops he made in Northwatch. He'd tried to face his demons, like he said he would, but when faced against Adrien, it was hard to remember what inspiration was, let alone have any.

GoblinFae

Primrose beamed up at him in happiness. "Strange supplies?" Her eyes twinkled knowingly. "Perhaps I need to see if some of my special requests have arrived then." She linked arms with him squeezing it gentle for a brief moment. "Come inside, then. We can catch up on what the letters did not say while I Cook and I make some good food for us."

She was a little ball of energy. Primrose could not contain her smile if she wanted to. Her eyes danced and there was a definite skip in her step despite the weariness of before. "Have you been keeping up with your sword practice?" she asked. "Once you are rested we are going to have another scrimmage. Without you around, I am afraid I am all out of practice. You may beat me yet," she teased him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

"I have been practicing a bit," he admitted modestly. "Though I'm sure I couldn't beat the impressive Primrose, even with my height advantage in a short range sport," he continued with a grin. Saezer followed her inside and began to tell her a more detailed version of his journey as Prim cooked. He told her in depth descriptions of the people he'd come across while trading, of the techniques he used while hunting squirrels, rabbits and fish. Though he had to admit that whatever she was making smelled much better than everything he'd made himself.

Despite his stories he was willing to share, he avoided the topic of his unusually long silence that occurred as he reached the very northern section of Serendipity. He did not write again until after he'd been to Connlaoth and was already heading back down the river alongside Moonspear and Jadenshine to go to Ketra. Saezer also left out that he had not stopped painting his hair or using color covers, and that this was the first occasion he'd worn his tailored tunic. It wasn't even a particularly nice tunic. It was a worn out one he'd already owned, but at least now it fit.

"First thing tomorrow I'd like to finish my trade with Grey's Shop. I'm curious as to what they're capable of. I may even buy something while I'm there."

GoblinFae

Primrose listened intently to his stories, smiling and giggling at all the right places as she cooked. Placing two plates heaping with steaming food on the table, Primrose sat down to eat. "Do you have anywhere you are staying, Saezer? You know you are always welcome to stay here, if you want to you. I mean you don't have to but I would like it if you do. Not that I would be mad if you didn't, stay that is. I would just be happy to have you here. We could go to Grey's together tomorrow then. I also have some business there."

Smiling mischievously she added, "I doubt you would recognize the place. It seems to have greatly expanded thanks to the new business it has been receiving. Apparently the new patroness is a collector of odd inventions."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

Saezer's response was hesitant. He was contemplating the ramifications of his actions. He cared for Primrose, he did. But he was so used to her being a bundle of letters he kept in a small sack on his back. It was pleasant to see her as a real person again, but after his run-in with Adrien he was fighting himself not to push her away. He stared down at his plate guilty, and just as he was about to refuse, he bit his lip sharply.

"I'd... be happy to stay, Primrose," he vocalized his response into his food. He forced a smile as he looked up at her. "It would be easier," he agreed. Saezer wasn't about to hurt Primrose because of his problems. As long as he could control his temper, she wouldn't have to see what lied underneath. He was ashamed of the emotions he experienced. They didn't feel like his own.

He snapped himself out of his thoughts and began eating. "Perhaps I'll be lucky enough to see these new inventions," he stated between bites. "Mmm, this is delicious."

GoblinFae

Primrose could see something was troubling this man she called friend. 'I have put him in a hard place. He does not wish to offend me by saying no and out of duty says yes. He is only humoring me. Oh Prim, you fool! He is only being nice to you out of courtesy. He really doesn't care. You frighten him just like everyone else!'

"You do not have to if you do not wish. Please, do not think you insult me by saying no. I know that two meetings and a few letters doesn't make us..." she trailed off looking down at her hands. "Such a fool," she mumbled under her breath.

Rising quickly she grabbed his cup. "More drink?" Primrose did not wait for an answer before taking off to get one. She stood a long while at the counter with her back to him. "I am glad you like the food," she told him, trying to regain control of her emotions. "Such a fool," she muttered again angrily.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

Saezer acutely noticed the change in her demeanor. It was like switching off a light; one minute the Primrose he'd become accustomed to was all energy and smiles, and the next she became tense, talking to herself quietly, unable to look at him. Saezer could feel the guilt rising under the surface like a tide washing in. His hands clenched the table as his bright aquamarine eyes followed her movements across the kitchen. Judging by Prim's reaction, his emotions were far more obvious than he'd intended.

"I know that two meetings and a few letters doesn't make us..."

It felt like heart palpitations in his chest. A rush of blood put a light pink color into his pale cheeks. What was she going to say? They were just friends, but he was unsure if his feelings stopped just there. Not that he had much experience in romance, but something about her made him open up to her more, and faster. Instead of acting standoffish, he got caught up in their quickly blossoming friendship. Maybe there was a possibility she felt more for him as well?

Saezer was quick to remind himself that no girl like Prim would like him. How did he tell her why his hesitation came? He pushed off his hands to stand from the table and made wide, quick strides over to her. His lungs rose and fell deeply as he tried to take control of his breathing to stop his hands from shaking. He didn't tell anyone about Adrien. Their pity was unwanted and unneeded. But he was resolved in the matter; he had to tell her something.

Saezer grabbed Primrose's hands in his own and looked at her pale, petite face. "You are my only friend," he started softly. He swallowed dryly as he tried to find the courage to continue. The blush in his face burned brighter. He let go of her hands and took an unsteady step backwards. "But I do not trust easily," he explained. Brushing back his golden hair and furrowing his brows was making his embarrassment clear. He could not keep still as much as a horse couldn't fly. "When you grow up with..." his pale blue eyes suddenly turned cross as memories flickered underneath the surface, "my father, you realize the only person you can trust is yourself." His face had hardened and his gaze was glued to the floor. Trusting himself was not something he was sure of, either.

GoblinFae

'Only friend? No, it can't be. Surely he has real friends, other people that he can relate to. He can't really mean it.'

"Trust," she repeated. "Such a fickle thing it is. There are those who trust too easily, I am one of them. My kindness is often taken advantage of," she told him. Her gaze bounced all over the room, never resting. "I grew up without many friends. In fact I only had one. He and I spent a few treasured years together and then we grew up, we moved on."

Looking at him now, she took his hands. "I do understand, better than you think. I just-" 'fear.' "I worry that when you say we are friends you are only humoring me. I am not well received in most circles. I refuse the nobility, I refuse my place at the healer's college, I am not a commoner, I have no friends and refuse suitors. To hear you say how much you value me seems like a dream."

Tears formed in her eyes but she smiled through them. "I feared that I was becoming more attached than you, that a few letters and two meetings do not make a friendship. I thought you might not see things the same as I," she told him smiling brilliantly.

"I am truly honored to call you friend, Saezer." Standing up on her tiptoes, Primrose leaned over and kissed her new friend's cheek.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

Prim's hands were softly and dainty in his own. Feeling her skin on his continued to make his heart flutter in his chest. As he looked at her, he could see intensity in her face that spoke of years of loneliness. It had not occurred to Saezer that happy, bubbly Primrose would understand anything that was going on in his head. As the words came spilling out of her in a rush of raw emotion, he began to understand that there was more depth to Prim than he had given her. She understood being out of place, lost, and on your own.

When he saw the tears, his stomach knotted into a ball of guilt. His intention was never to upset her. When he envisioned how this night would go, he'd imagined laughter, liquor, and food. Saezer never expected all of this. Then she kissed him. All he could do was pray that she could not feel the heat in his cheeks, which intensified rapidly. Seconds passed by as he searched for the words to say, choked by his own embarrassment.

If he'd under-estimated her in this matter, maybe he was under estimated her when it came to her affections as well. He wasn't sure what she wanted him to do, and Prim made him nervous. He dreaded the rejection of telling her, but even more so, he dreaded not knowing how she felt. The fear of the unknown was worse in his eyes. The possibility of being ostracized by her taunted him. Would she do that to him?

Saezer struggled to talk to her, "I wasn't sure whether or not I should tell you." There was a long pause as he rummaged up the courage to say, "I didn't think you felt the same. About... me. Like I do for you." What he didn't realize was not only how vague this sounded. Prim was just talking about their friendship, and all he basically did was agree with her. He also failed to notice that a kiss on the cheek is not necessarily romantic.

GoblinFae

Blushing Primrose looked down to her feet before gathering courage and looking Saezer in the eye. "I will let you make your own decisions, Saezer. But, I hope you can one day trust me as I trust you. Until then we can continue to work at this friendship. That is, if you would like to. I know I would. You make me smile."

Even as she said it, a soft smile broke out on her face. "I do feel the same, Saezer. I am glad to call you friend." Still holding his hands she gave them a quick squeeze before letting go ans taking a step back. "You must be tired. Perhaps I can show you to a room and then maybe tomorrow we can see how your swordsmanship is coming. Of course, that would be after we stop at Grey's Shop first and if you do not have any work to do. I would hate to keep you from your business."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

-------------------------------

Saezer woke up the next morning feeling more rested than he had in months. After staring at the looking glass she kept in the guest's quarters, he buckled and put his color covers back in. He slicked back his hair the best he could, which honestly was a look he couldn't stand, and covered it with a plain black cap. Clad in the usual colorless drab, with a rapier hanging from his belt and a bag of supplies from Connlaoth, he and Prim set out for Grey's Shop in Ketra's market.

He greeted the older gentleman in the front, who went by James. James was the type of guy who might have been handsome in his youth, but life was hard on his. His hair was sprinkled with white, wrinkles pulled at the corners of his eyes and mouth. He had the start of a beer gut hiding under a baggy shirt. He was a humble looking man, and he was a good man. James recognized Primrose far faster than he recognized Saezer. The two had not seen each other in months.

He was impressed by all the new work that was hung up on the walls of the shop. Beautiful, hand crafted pieces were scattered everywhere. From mugs, to art, to practice swords, everything was flawless. There were varying shades of wood put together, and sanded down to a smooth, splinter-less finish. Saezer resisted from picking up the items he liked, which was just about everything. If he broke something, he couldn't afford to replace it. Even with Grey's prices, which were surprisingly affordable for what they were creating. For the Grey family, it was less about money and more about passion.

GoblinFae

She noticed Saezer's relapse to his former appearance. While she said nothing, she could not help feeling somewhat disappointed. 'I wish he did not feel he had to hide himself so much. He really is a very handsome man. I guess I should just be grateful he trusts me enough to show his true appearance.'

"James! How are the plans going?" she asked kissing the elder's cheeks. Her eyes glowed like those of a child. "Saezer said he had to bring you new supplies. Are any them for our pet project?" Primrose could barely contain her excitement. She was practically bouncing in place.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

James smiled a warm, welcoming smile. It was the type of smile that only the content, older generation who had life figured out could master. "The plans are going smoothly, miss Prim," he said with a reassuring nod. "I've not seen Olivia this inspired in ages," he said with a hearty chuckle. "You know how she is," he continued, with a joking roll of his eyes while motioning towards the back room.

James squinted his eyes at Saezer, observing him for a few moments before practically exploding, "Saezer, my boy! Sorry lad, I didn't recognize you. Pardon an old man's eyes. Let's see what you've brought and we'll get you properly paid," he said with an excited glint in his hazel eyes. "A few of the items are for you, yes," he said to Prim as he led the pair into the back room. "They've made quite the journey to get here. I'm glad Saezer survived the trip. Honestly, I was shocked he said he'd do it." James had unreserved passion and felt comfortable conversing with anyone who'd listen. It was easy to see where Olivia got it from.

In the back sat was a young woman named Olivia, James' daughter. She had her wavy hair pulled back with a ragged scrap of fabric. She was bent over her work station intently working on detailing a piece. When she heard them come in, she turned and a huge, unreserved smile broke out on her lightly freckled face. "You returned! Let me see what you got!" She abandoned her project and ran over, grabbing the bag from Saezer.

Olivia was about to rummage around in the sack when she remembered her manners and looked up at them. "Prim! I'm so excited you're here, now we can work out the rest of your plans!" She greeted her quickly with a light and distracted hug before she dove right back to the sack of supplies. James stood behind all of them, watching with a small smile and a shake of his head, then turned and left all the youths so he could man the front of the shop.

GoblinFae

"Olivia you won't believe what I dreamed up last night. The whole west wing changes now," Primrose said excitedly. Flitting about she grabbed some parchment and a quill, beginning to rapidly hash out new plans.

"I still do not agree with your plans for the east wing though. The study should be on the west side I think. But, these new plans I have will fix everything." She spoke quickly barely looking up from the paper.

As Primrose explained she quickly forgot about Saezer being in the room. Her hands moved about explaining points and details as she spoke. She looked every bit the teacher she was. Her long hair shone in the sunlight, escaping its binding braid and falling in her eyes. Her face while stern was tempered by her gentle tone. Her fingers danced about pointing to different things and becoming stained in ink.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

Olivia briefly abandoned the sack from Connlaoth to observe the plans that Prim drew up. "The study would fit nice and snug right here in the west wing," she pointed on the prints. Her eyes followed the quick drawing of Prim's hands. Olivia eyes lit up excitedly as more and more of the details were hashed out. From the floors, to bookcases, to work of a blacksmith, she could build it all. She'd hired several men to help her build the additions to Prim's home, and over-saw all the work to make sure it was done the way she liked it. She even agreed to teach Prim how to build a little bit if she'd like to learn.

When the ink well reached less than half full, Olivia wearing some of it in her hair and with little splatters on her clothes, she finally pulled away from the table. When her emerald green eyes fell on the sack, she let out an excited squeak, having forgot all about it. She ran over and pulled out what she'd been dying to see. Three different pistols from Connlaoth. They were very similar, only slight modifications of each other. They misfired often, and the aim was terrible, as they were a recent invention, but she found them fascinating.

Saezer had stood quietly and patiently, amused by the extraordinary energy that emitted from the two women. Their passions were easily matched. They were both unusually unconventional for women as well. It was quite a sight to behold, watching them. Then when the pistols came out, he stared curiosly at them.

"This," Olivia said, eyes sparkling behind her auburn hair, "is well worth the wait. We don't show these in the front. They only come out for customers who can afford them, and know to ask. People we trust." She was lost in her own little world, thinking of all the possible modifications she could do to them.

Saezer came over to Prim and tentatively put one of his hands on hers, risking getting ink on him. "You're adding to your house?" he asked curiously in a quiet voice. "That's an exciting project, but why do you need it?" The skin on his hand tingled where it touched hers.

GoblinFae

Primrose was startled from her thoughts by Saezer's gentle touch. "Not exactly adding," she said smiling warmly. "I am having repairs and therefore modifications made. The entire uppermost floor of the house was falling into disrepair. It used to be a very small observatory and some storage space. So," she pushed the plans over so Saezer could see.

"I decided to completely scrap it and revamp it. I will have a much larger observatory, a well-lit study, indoor and outdoor gardens, and wonderful wrap-around terrace to watch the sun rise and set. I hope to make it my own personal sanctuary. Not that I need one. My life is hardly difficult to warrant a need for escape. But, I like to indulge on this matter a little bit.

"Besides," she added looking gleefully towards the distracted Olivia. "I have the best planning partner one could hope for. There is so much the two of us have come up together, that I do not think we could have managed on our own." Primrose gave Saezer a tight side-hug. "I have you to thank for that," she whispered to him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

Saezer stood quietly as she squeezed her arms around his middle. The physical affection made his pulse race. He let his arm drop around her shoulders and gave one of them a light squeeze. Being himself around her was no easy task; he wasn't even sure who he was. Primrose was helping him open up, but what did he have to show her? He'd been so busy trying to live that he didn't know where his passions lied, or what hobbies he had. How long could he even stay in Ketra for?

"Olivia," he started with an idea, "could I help with the work? I mean..." he paused, hoping that this wasn't a mistake, "would you hire me?" He shifted his wait awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable in his own skin. Would Olivia want him around for that long? He never stayed in one place long. The threat of becoming restless sat ominously in the back of his mind.

Olivia looked up at him skeptically. She'd bet anything that he didn't even know how to build a box, let alone a house. Then she noticed the pink color in his cheeks, the way his arm wrapped around Prim's shoulders, the way his hand was squeezing her. It was so... cute. Well... maybe she just wouldn't pay him as well as the men who knew what they were doing, but she could at least teach him a thing or two. For Prim's sake. They were kind of adorable together, despite Saezer's weird black eyes that clashed wildly with his fair skin and the blonde tresses that poked out from under his cap.

Smiling politely, she nodded. "That'd be very helpful, thank you," she stated warmly.