Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Here's to Firsts [GoblinFae]

Started by wolfie, July 26, 2012, 10:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

Alerri wasn't used to being on her own. She kept her mind closed not wanting to hear again how this was all a bad idea. She hated it that the other dragons didn't understand her, but oh well. Sighing she turned on a road that looked like it hadn't been used in awhile. She wasn't sure where she was going as she had no idea what the world was.

Just as she was about to make a turn around the bend she found herself ambused! She thought about shifting into her other form, but didn't want word to get out that there was a dragon wandering these parts. Last thing she needed was someone trying to hunt her down or be afraid of her. She sighed waiting to see what these guys wanted.

"Well well, looks like we have another purse here. Give us all you own now!" The man in front of her said. She wasn't sure what he wanted these for.

"All I have are my clothes. You want those?" She asked scratching her head. She was hoping he didn't mean that, but the smile on his face looked like it meant otherwise.

"No fool just your money I can't spend your clothes. You lie like the rest. Get her!" The main man said. It wasn't long before they had her pinned down and were searching her empty pockets. One of the men sighed.

"This one is a poor fool. No coins pay another price," the main man said shaking his head. She wasn't sure what they meant by that. One of them took out a knife and rolled up her left sleeve. She was still held down while the man cut a the shape of a coin into her arm. He also cut poor soul above and below it. They laughed and left her there.

Alerri couldn't believe someone would do this. Her arm ached beyond anything she had felt before. Getting up she moved onward thinking perhaps someone else would help her instead of hurt her. She wasn't sure what the odds were on that though.

Another twenty minutes of walking she found another path one that looked like it was well used. She sat down by a tree thinking a little rest would be a good idea. She closed her eyes only for a second.

GoblinFae

The young noble loved days like today. She loved teaching her students and taking them into the forest of the fears to teach them of its wonders. Things were not so scary in the light of day and with a helping hand and a watchful eye close by.

Today's lesson was on edible and poisonous bush berries which led Primrose and her small group of children down one of the well-trodden paths of Draconi Forest. She taught them of the dangers and heavily reminded them that she advised against going around and eating berries unless completely desperate. Then and only then could they could they risk their lives on the hard to tell apart berries. There were red ones on plants with serrated leaves that were safe while similar looking berries on plants with double serrated leaves were extremely poisonous. Primrose could not stress enough how much care she wanted the children to take.

Right now they had been sent off to bring back leaves that could be used for healing from their last lesson in the forest the week before. Remaining on the path, Primrose paced back and forth to keep watch over the fearless children as they climbed trees and jumped over logs. She was not going to be negligent and return an injured child to his or her family on her watch.

"Miss Primmy, Miss Primmy! Come look!" called one of the older boys. "Someone died!" In that moment her heart seemed to stop as she took to her feet and raced towards the voice, commanding the younger children to stay on the path, even as she knew they would follow her anyway.

Leaning against a tree was the body of woman who looked worse for wear. Primrose fought to shoo away the gawking children but only managed to get them out of her way as they circled closely around the two women. "Miss?" she called softly, laying a gentle hand on the woman's knee. "Miss can you hear me? Do you need help?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

wolfie

Alerri hadn't realized she had dozed for more than a couple of minutes. The bleeding had slowed down and stopped pretty much but her arm didn't ache any less. She heard someone saying something.Reluctantly she opened her eyes.

"I was just sleeping. Help would be nice I met some unfriendly men in the woods they decided to do some, I think its called carving. It hurts a lot," she said wanting to cry. She wasn't sure crying was allowed. She left her arm be figuring touching it would be a horrible idea. For the first time she noted those around her. She had never seen such small ones before.

"Who are they? Who are you?" She asked only a couple of the questions that came to her mind. She figured that was a good start. Somehow that didn't seem like enough questions though. She had way too many questions floating through her mind.

"Why are they so small? Are they dangerous?"

GoblinFae

"I'm sorry for disturbing you then dearie, you just seem to look like you could use some help. My name is Primrose and these are my students. They are some of the children from the village. I assure you that none of us mean any harm, they are just a curious bunch and not dangerous in the least."

A nod of the noble's head sent some of the older ones out to gather the proper plants for treating the bleeding female's injuries. Offering a gentle smile, Primrose delicately took the stranger's hand within her own. "Forgive me Lady, but may I examine your injury? I don't have to if you do not wish me to although it would be easier if I could so that I can treat it. However, I would not go so far as to go against your wishes and I assure you that I will not cause you any harm, at least none that I can prevent. I only wish to examine the extent of the injury. Would you permit me to? I mean it doesn't have to be me, I could perhaps find someone else although it may take much longer before I can and-"

The children's laughter cut the noble off from her long speech. Primrose's nervous nature had caught up to her again. Without fail it always served to amuse the children as she stumbled her way through conversations and desires to help others.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

wolfie

"It's okay I didn't mean to sleep long. I'm Alerri," she said giving her name after this lady did. She seemed to be worried about Alerri, which wasn't something the childlike woman was used to. She was glad that none of them were dangerous. She didn't feel like eating the short ones.

Alerri wasn't sure what to make of this. Nobody had just taken her hand like this before. Then again she didn't really have a hand to take before she left home it was mostly claws. She wondered what this was for. Alerri listened to the woman and then heard the children laugh.

"Why are they laughing? If you can make it stop hurting I would like that. Go ahead it can't get any worse than what it is now," she said figuring that she was wrong in this, but hoped she was right. How much worse could her injury get?

GoblinFae

Primrose patted Alerri's hand gently and blushed. "It is not you they laugh at, but me. I talk a lot when I first meet someone. My apologies in advance if I annoy you to death. I'm just going to lift your sleeve and take a look at how bad it is. Does anything else hurt, Lady Alerri?"

The moment her eyes caught sight of the words carved into tender flesh, the noble's eyes narrowed to thin slits and her lips turned white from pressing into such a fine line. She gritted her teeth in anger but she kept her tones soft and kind. "Did you know the one who did this to you? Could you recognize him or her if you saw the person again? I don't want to upset you Miss Alerri."

One of the boys returned, a large handful of freshly picked leaves clutched firmly in his hands that he quickly passed off to Primrose. Working quickly, she crushed one of the smaller fern plants and began pressing it into the cuts with precise and gently care. "I'm sorry I know it hurts, probably even stings. This will keep it from getting worse. Afterwards I can bind it with the bigger leaves and if you are willing, take you home with me. Can you walk?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

"If one does not talk how do we get to know each other? No it's just my shoulder," she answered not sure what to say to being called a 'lady'. It had never happened before she wasn't sure if she should respond the same way or not.

"There were several of them I don't know if I could recognize them again. I do know they were men. I'm not upset just a little tired," she said thinking this was maybe the longest day of her life yet. She sat still even though it stun a bit when Prim was trying to help her.

It wasn't the only time something hurt for a few moments before relief came. When she was really young not even able to fly yet, Alerri had done the one thing that she couldn't believe - had a thorn embedded into her paw. She couldn't help but wimper every time she stepped on it. Eventually she had someone older dig it out of her paw for her. She was very careful on where she stepped after that.

"A little, but if it helps then okay I don't want it to get any worse than this. Will binding it help? What's your home like? I might be able to walk I walked here from where I this owie," she said watching this woman. Alerri wanted to ask this wise female more questions, but she didn't feel like getting yelled at for being too curious just then.

GoblinFae

"Of course," Primrose replied with a rose tint to her cheeks. "Forgive me again, nonetheless. I tend to run at the mouth before I am able to stop it. From my assessment I would say that binding and some herbs will help in the interim. More attention will be needed in the future, preferably sooner rather than later. I can do this, unless you know someone else and would prefer to work with him or her. You are more than welcome to stay with me for the time it takes for you to heal. I live in a manor and have more than enough room to accommodate another guest. Have no fear of being an imposition dearie."

The noblewoman was unhappy to hear about the attackers but right now the wounded girl in front of her took priority. Even as she spoke she was working at make her as comfortable as possible. The leaves were left on the wounds to soak some while the larger ones were torn into long strips and wrapped firmly around the arm as a makeshift bandage.

"As you can see children it really does work. Now, class dismissed for today. Harvest time is coming soon and your families will be wanting you home. Off you go now. I will see you soon. Stick together! Sheig don't leave without your sister again. Good-bye!"

Primrose laughed and sent them on their way, watching until the last had disappeared from sight. "Now my lady, shall we see about getting you on your feet again?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

"I don't know anyone in these parts except you now," she admitted blushing a little. She listened to what Primrose had to say glad someone was doing something. Her arm did hurt a little more when the medicine was applied, but then the sharp pain dulled which she was grateful for.

"Thank you," she said not sure what else to say. She listened as Prim turned her attention back to the little ones around her. Alerri heard the children were leaving and it saddened her. She wanted to watch Prim interact with them some more.

"Okay, how far is it we have to go?" She said bracing against the tree trying to slowly rise to her feet. She had been sitting there far too long.

"A manor? What is that?" She asked having never heard of such things. If anything she felt she had too little knowledge on humans and hoped to change that very soon and very quickly.

GoblinFae

Primrose smiled at Alerri, even as she kept a hawk-eye on the other woman's movements. It would not due to injure herself further. The noblewoman was also watching for signs of any other injuries she did not already know about. She was anything if not an astute healer. She was not going to let this woman be in any more pain than was necessary.

"May I help you?" she questioned even as her hands reached out to help steady her patient. Remaining close to her side, Primrose began to slowly lead them through the forest, trying to pick a path that would allow for the least amount of jostling about. "It is not too far to my home. I live just on the edge of the forest. I prefer to stay out of town for the most part. People sometimes feel uncomfortable around me. As for a manor," the teacher scrunched up her nose in thought at how to explain it, "I would say a manor is like a house. Except it's big enough to hold my enormous library of books!"

Her eyes twinkled in mirth at such a description. "Where are you from Alerri if not from here? Do you have any family, someone we can write to perhaps about today?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

"Thanks any help is greatly appreciated," she said trying to be polite and appear as if she was what she seemed. The last thing she wanted was to scare some human half out of her wits. They usually didn't take well to her type, but she was glad she seemed to be making a new friend or at least she hoped that's what she was doing.

"Why do they feel uncomfortable around you? How many books do you have? What is a book? What is a house?" She said not being able to help the questions. She was always wanting to learn. It seemed this woman was just the person to help teach her too.

"Not anywhere around here. They wouldn't really appreciate a letter. I think they were a little relieved I left no more questions to answer. My family is very vast," she said keeping the answers general on purpose. She didn't want Primrose to run away so quickly.

"If I'm asking too many questions just let me know. I can keep some of them in," she said looking around at the forest as they walked along. She was glad it wasn't far away.

GoblinFae

"Well perhaps uncomfortable is not the proper word. But, then again I don't know what the appropriate word would be then in that case. I mean to say that many of the people in town feel....uncomfortable. There is a status difference between them and I and well while I have no issues about it and really wish to make no fuss, many wish to observe it and my disregard of it makes them feel out of place as it were. I have tried everthing I can think of to make it less as obvious but, there is only so much one can do in situations such as these. I am just the odd duckling that has set ripples that are making waves in the proverbial pond. What can I do?"

The young noble shrugged her shoulders before chuckling at the list of questions that were quickly accumulating. Some of them were odd but on second though they were not that different than ones she had been asked by her students. Perhaps the young woman with her was also another underprivileged individual. Primrose that the farther out from major cities one got, the higher the possibility that education became less available.

Taking a deep breath she steeled herself to try and remember them all and began to answer each question in order. "To be honest I have never counted the number of books I actually own however I have so many that they fill an entire room from floor to ceiling and wall to wall. The room itself is five rooms tall. The library, the room I keep my books in, always makes me feel so tiny," she giggled.

"A book is a written collection of words. They often contain stories, both real and imagined. But they can also contain other things like," she paused to think of something simple before smiling excitedly, "cooking instructions. As for a house, well it's a place that people call home. It is a building with rooms in it for various activities including cooking and sleeping. Some houses only have one room for everything while others have several individual rooms, like my home."

Primrose gave Alerri a quick friendly squeeze and shook her head. "No worries dear, I am perfectly alright with asking any questions you have. There is no harm in being curious. Although would you mind if I asked you some of my own in turn?" The noblewoman was concerned about the injured woman's talk of her family. She wondered what drove the girl away and if there were ways she could possibly help right the situation.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

Alerri listened while Prim answered her questions. She loved learning and was glad someone could answer her questions. She knew there were many more she wanted to ask, but wasn't sure if this was the time or place to ask them. She understood status differences as she saw that among the dragons back home.

"Well I would think that is their problem if they feel uncomfortable. We are similar in that. I was the odd one out where I came from," she said glad to know someone else like her. She knew there were differences, but she didn't care. Alerri smiled when Prim giggled.

"How do you get the information from the books?" She asked figuring maybe that was a way to answer most if not all of her questions on humans. She heard other words she didn't understand still. She heard the okay to ask questions it was something she wasn't used to at all.

"Curiosity doesn't kill then? I was told it did. Ask away after all its only fair since I'm asking so many," she replied with a smile. If anything she was honest for the most part. She wasn't very good at lying anyways.

GoblinFae

The noblewoman smiled and nodded her head as she picked her way through the forest. It would not be long before they reached her home. "How about," she offered, "I show you my library, where I keep all my books, and you can see for yourself? Of course that would be after I make sure you're all patched up. Wouldn't want you bleeding all over the place. Not, of course that it's about the blood everywhere. I'm more worried about you. Nor do I mean blood should be everywhere and I don't mind about that either I-uh-am doing it again. Sorry, I'm just concerned about your well-being.

Now where was I?" Scrunching her face in concentration, Primrose attempted to remember what she had been meaning to say when she started talking. Slowly she worked her way back through the past couple of minutes and finally recalled the elusive topic. "Ah yes, I remember now."

A look at Alerri though, changed her mind from being direct and blunt in her approach. The other woman had been through enough today without Primrose's prying. "Is there anything you would like to eat for dinner? I can have Jolie my cook whip something delicious up for us when we get home."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

Alerri listened when the other woman talked. Not because she had to but because she wanted to. It seemed that all human's said had to be figured out. She liked puzzles and hoped she would find a way to piece this together.

"I would like to see it. I appreciate your concern for me I should be fine soon enough," she said wondering if perhaps someone could teach her some magic as well. She knew she could do some things, but being as young as she was she had yet to learn other things. No one had taught her yet just how one healed themselves.

"I am not accustomed to your ways and am also not finicky when it comes to food," she said wondering if that was all Prim wanted to ask about. She seemed to be holding back. Alerri tried to remember all that was said wondering what else that might have been about. She couldn't think of it though.

"There was something else too, wasn't there?"

GoblinFae

She cast her eyes downward, blushing heavily at being caught. "Well there was something else, you are quite right. However, perhaps it is best spoken at another time? I would hate to pry and it is quite personal, what I wish to ask that is. I would hate to upset you when you have had quite enough of that already today, don't you think?"

Primrose smiled and breathed a very small sigh of relief when they at last broke the forestline and were in view of her home. It was a beautiful piece of masonry, not too large but not too small either. A quaint little fence enclosed the property while still giving off an inviting air to it all.

"Well what do you think Miss Alerri? Is a manor what you thought it would be?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

Alerri watched what Prim did wondering why she did that. She wasn't used to seeing one blush or show any emotion on their faces.

"Is there something wrong with your face? It has turned red. If you wish that then okay I don't mind though. Is it going to upset me?" She said still very inquisitive.

Alerri's attention went from their conversation to the place they had come to. She was in awe of such a place having never seen one like it before. She wondered if all human's lived like this or if they were like her and came from caves. She had a feeling most of them lived in something similar to what Prim had though.

"No it's nothing like I've seen before. It's amazing," she said smiling. This day was one she would never forget that was for sure. She had met her first human friend and now she was getting some answers. What would be next?

GoblinFae

Primrose's cheeks darkened further at having her embarrassment brought to attention by the other woman. Using the house as a further distraction, she did not bother to answer Alerri's other questions, too embarrassed for the first and too concerned for the second.

"Come along dear. Let's get you cleaned up and taken care of. How does a nice bath sound?" she asked sweetly as she led the girl through the front gate and towards the front door.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wolfie

Alerri noticed that Prim ignored her questions. She was used to this and thought nothing of it. After all most of her curiosity stemmed from not having questioned answered by those trying to teach her how to be a proper dragon. She wondered if that was why she didn't know how to properly heal she was too concerned with humans to be a proper dragon.

"What's a bath?" she asked knowing sooner or later the questions would get on Prim's nerves just like they had with her other instructors. That actually came sooner rather than later though. Alerri was getting nervous heading closer to the mansion. She wondered if going inside was a good idea after all. It looked like something that would eat you.

Alerri hesitated slowing their progression toward the big place. She had been inside a mountain before and that was bigger than this, but there was something about this place that just didn't sit right. She felt strange realizing this was her dragon training coming back into play.

As a young dragon she had been trained never to go inside strange places. This certainly was strange enough.

GoblinFae

"Come along dear, just a bit further now. I know you're hurting," Primrose encouraged, mistaking hesitation for weariness. The young noble began to wonder further about the place from which Alerri had come. To not know what a bath was, was not unheard of but distanced the young woman even further away from Ketra than Primrose had imagined.

'However did she make it all the way out here?' she pondered as her small hand fumbled with the doorknob. From the inside the door finally swung open and out of the noblewoman's hand as an elderly man quietly greeted them, revealing the large foyer and staircase on the far end of the room.

"My Lady, how may I be of assistance," the soft bass uttered, his eyes kindly falling on the woman standing close to his mistress as Primrose quickly led her in.
"Jain, this is Lady Alerri. She had a bit of a run-in with some thieves on the road. Would you mind informing Jolie of another at dinner tonight and have a room prepared for her?"

A slight incline of the man's head before he left through a door on the right signaled his acquiescence. Sighing, Primrose turned once more to her companion and looked her over. "Forgive me, Alerri I did not answer your question. A bath is water put into a bowl big enough to old a person and then used to clean oneself. I'm sure you'll feel better getting all the grime of the road off as well as cleaning any other injuries you may have. Do you think you can walk a bit further? I don't want to stress you but I also feel you would be more comfortable upstairs."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]