Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Vigilant Shadows, or The Rangers Guild

Started by Zane, February 23, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Some additional info:

What is a shadow spirit?

Shadow spirits are an anomaly wrapped in an enigma, know one knows where they came from or what they were. We do however know that they always take the form of an animal are almost unkillable, they also have a strong affection towards those who have taken the Rite of Shadows or those with close ties to someone who has (dark mothers, some Fledgelings, mainly Pure Vigilant Fledgelings).

What purpose do they serve?

In game, they are servants to their paired ranger and complete their tasks posthaste.

As a writer, I would suggest using them as something to drive the plot foreword

Anything Else?

Shadow Spirits are a completely optional part of ranger life, They can embody the character's personality or be a foil to it. Your choice.

Zane

Zane

WE NOW HAVE A SOCIAL THREAD FOR THE GUILD!

http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=16634.msg186234#msg186234

All members of this guild are welcome to join! In this thread you can expect to learn alot about the nature of the bond between the Shadow Spirit and a Ranger, as well as many other surprises. There may even be friendly duels if two people are willing*! I also have a few more surprises which I have told no one of that may or may not be relavent to the overarching plot for the guild.

Other things that you can expect from this thread is to learn alot about the layout of Clockwork City, as revealed in the first post, there are three districts in CC.

* Note: if your character has a duel with another, keep it short and sweet, Alucard will be Proctoring over all matches, If I feel that a match has gone on long enough, I will have Alucard break up the match. So please bear that in mind, these duels should be friendly duels as well, no bloody death matches, that is not negotiable.

Zane

NEW INFO!

So, two things to this update. First and foremost. Rangers have been revamped.

There are now three classifications of Shadow Rangers; Antumbra, Penumbra, and Umbra.

Antumbra

Antumbra are the Rangers that make the gears of the city turn round. They are foragers, hunters, gatherers, protectors. They do the things that keep the Clockwork City running like the well oiled machine it is. Antumbra Rangers may occasionally go on low-profile missions, small risk stuff, missions that could be completed within a few hours to a day or two at the most. They have tasks assigned to them. Every Antumbra Ranger works 4 days a week. All Fledgelings that become Rangers are first filtered into Antumbra, after 6 months, they can test for Penumbra or Umbra.

Examples: Tesha Nallvir, Kenneth Kent

Penumbra

Penumbra Rangers take on the bulk of all missions. All of their missions come from Alucard himself, while not on missions, they are expected to assist Antumbra when they can. This is on a work scale of 3 workdays a week. When a Penumbra returns from a mission, they have one week of recovery before they can be sent out again, during this time they are expected to file a mission report and deliver it to Alucard in the Clockwork Tower. Their Rest period can be revoked in a time of emergency, in those times, missions reports are delivered orally as opposed to written.

Examples: Jacob Vari, Zander Warshaw

Umbra

Umbra are the elites. Maybe not always the strongest, but they know their shortcoming and work hard to cover them. Umbra take on Super Critical Missions, missions that could take months, years, at a time. Umbra Rangers understand that what they do is so extremely important, that until the mission is complete, they do not come home. Failed missions are not an option for Umbra Rangers. When home from missions, Umbra Rangers are required to give an Oral Report of the mission as soon as they return. They are then allowed, at a minimum, a month of rest before performing other duties within the Clockwork City. Other Duties often include teaching Fledgelings, and seeing certain tasks done for the Shadow Master.

Examples: Atlas, Tershal Nallvir

Second thing. Sometime soon, I hope to get a Plot thread underway for our guild here. Plot threads differ from Social Threads as Plot Threads are Invitation Only. I repeat Plot Threads are Invitation Only. Meaning, Unless I personally invite you, please refrain from posting in those threads. If you want me to consider your character(s) for a plot thread, PM me and ask. It's a tight plot ahead of us with very cool things planned, and I want people to get the most out of it.

More on the first Plot thread to come later. Until next time.

Have a good one!

GoblinFae

,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]