Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cat and mouse(GoblinFae)

Started by paganchick, April 01, 2013, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

Nyx had found a nice abandoned place to stay, not an extremely uncommon thing in such wilds as the Thunderbacks. Nobles often built estates thinking they could get away and relaxed but then changed there minds. There were too many unknowns in a place like this, criminals, wild beast, fate.

She knew who was after her, the only person who still had any reason to chase her. A man she had upset many years ago, a man that like it seemed so many other, couldn't let the past go. It was different with him then it had been with the Connloathian, still just as deadly, but it seemed rather playful. A game of cat and mouse where she was always the mouse. She wasn't the mouse because she was weak, she was the mouse because she had no reason to chase him. Especially now, she had no reason for anything now, now reason to chase him, no reason to live and fight him, no reason to run. Still though, still she ran, still she played into the hands of his game.

She sat in a rather large chair in what used to be a nice sitting room, but nature had started to reclaim the house and it was no longer lice. Still it was livable, offered protection from the sun, wind, and rain, plus she could light a fire and have some warmth. There were also some bed that were pretty nice, they much beat the option of sleeping on the cold hard ground.

She hoped that it would take time for the man to find her this time, she was actually enjoying her stay at the place, it was simple, and kept her mind off more painful things. Of course fighting him also kept her mind off those things, but she only had half the will to live, so she thought that facing him wasn't the best of ideas.

GoblinFae

He stalked the night, leaping from rooftop to rooftop as waves of anger radiated off him like dew off a bird's plumage. How dare the ungrateful whelp reject his teachings. No one denied Maverick Alinari. NO ONE! Yet, she did and she was not the first.

For a brief moment the demon's mind flickered to another figure who dared deny him. But the doors to that part of his mind were slammed shut with such force that he could almost hear the sound of their ominous closure as if it had truly happened. He dared not open those floodgates. Those wounds were still too fresh to allow to fester further.

No tonight, he had better things to do. There was a hunt to end, a woman to find. She was near, that much he knew. It was just a matter finding her exact location that stopped him right not from running her down.

He had been coming the city for days now, slowing herding her, hoping that she would surface and the true chase would begin. 'Perhaps tonight will be the night,' he mused as he came to rest unwittingly a building away from the mouse's burrow. 'Come come little mouse, you can't hide forever now. Why not come out and play?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

Nyx could almost feel Maverick, something about they're powers, something that could let them sense each other, maybe it was the clashing of they're aura. She didn't know, she didn't exactly care. She quickly jumped from her chair. Everything near the house was all but abandoned and dilapidated. She decided that she wouldn't be the mouse this time, no. If he want to play a game she could show him a game.

At first she didn't believe her eyes as she sat in the chair and looked out the window at a man that could be none other then Maverick. He had found her and now she had no choice. She couldn't relax, he was much too close. She quickly walked to the window, 'Let the games begin'.

She took  a deep breath, she hadn't used her abilities in a while, no she was going to used her most advanced moves. She dug deep and took a deep breath. She stepped out of the view of the window just in case he turned around. She started to braid her hair, because no one liked singed hair and she knew they both would be playing with fire.

Then with one more deep breath she stepped back in front of the window, and extrended her arm. A stream of intense flames shot out towards the man causing the glass in the window to explode out towards him.

GoblinFae

Seemingly effortlessly Maverick rolled off the roof, kicking off at the last second to change his direction and swing himself up onto a lower one and out of the range of the spraying glass. A self-satisfied smirk briefly curled his lips as he looked towards the flames. He had not been wrong, she had indeed been very close.

Not waiting for her to gain anymore of the upper-hand now that she had revealed herself, he immediately fired back with electric blue flames that crackled as they further charged in the air and burst beneath her window, preventing her from jumping down.

If they were going to play, it would be on his terms and not those of this little girl. He was the master and he would be obeyed. Nyx had refused him in the past and as she continued to do so, the demon had begun on other means to try to control her. Eventually she would falter and lose. Then and only then would he prove himself the true master, once his student had been fully incapacitated and cornered, unable to run from him and at his mercy. Then she would learn what it meant to toy with a demon.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

Nyx knew his next move, they had played with game too many times, she already knew how he played his cards. Before her flames had even stopped she dived across the room. Her feet carrying her with unexpected grace to the top floor. While most would have went for the bottom considering the house was on fire she knew she would be okay.

She could feel clouds gathering above, a storm brewing as the two played their deadly game. That would be her weapon. If he was going to play with demonic fire, she was going to spray him with holy water and see how he liked it.

She knew better then to hide, that was only for the weak and children. Hiding made you prey, made it easy to get cornered. She bound the stairs, once in the attic she used her flames to burst from the room and quickly shuffled to the roof. She looked around as thunder started to roll in the back ground.

"Come out, come out where ever you are," She spoke, half whisper of thought half taunt.

GoblinFae

He smirked as he swiftly raced across the rooftops once more to swing around behind the building she resided within. Up or down, he would be ready for her. Although if he were to bet money he would assume she would head for ground and sneak away out of sight given that she knew he was somewhere up on the rooftops waiting for her.

Maverick was therefore somewhat caught off-guard to see the woman burst up onto the rooftop in front of him. While he stood a building away and hidden within its dark embrace he could still hear her as clear as day. And what he heard did not appease him.

The demon hated to be taunted and teased especially by one he deemed lesser than him. Only one was really ever allowed to treat him in such a manner and even he did not make it out of a scuffle unscathed. The thought of his crimson-eyed demon brought a glimmer of a smirk to his lips before more recent memories of their last encounter smothered it and left only cold hatred in its place.

Pitching his voice to sound as if he stood right behind her left shoulder he spoke in a gentle whisper. "I'm right here." Maverick pulled further back into the shadows away from her waiting for her next reaction even as he sent his voice in another direction. "I've been waiting."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nxy let out a bitter laugh, did he not realize she knew all of his tricks!
"Maverick, have you become dense over the years? Do you not realize you have played your voice trick on me once before? So unoriginal! You hide in the shadows instead of standing in the light like a man, oh I forgot, you are nothing but a boy!" She screamed. She yearned to tear him apart verbally, to rip apart his pride.

She did not if he killed her, if anything that was her hope, no she wanted to cause damage that would last longer than physical injury. She wanted to leave mental and emotional scars, the ones that really counted.

"Haven't you realize you can hurt me no matter what you do. I have already had everything that matters to me ripped away, there is nothing I care about for you to take, I am sure you have heard. Knowing you, you were there watching. Your games do not matter now. No you just leave yourself to be injured, only leave yourself vulnerable!" She spoke bitterly, her eyes slowly running over the shadows seeking out Maverick.

She could feel the clouds growing ready, just a few more moments.

GoblinFae

Maverick was not to be goaded out from his hiding place. These were the insults of a child throwing a temper tantrum. It did not matter to him that she considered him "unoriginal." He was one of the most powerful demons on Earth and centuries older than she. He had the wisdom and understanding to ignore her. It was she after all, who needed him and not the other way around.

"Contrary to your high beliefs of yourself child I do not live to haunt your every step. You are but a passing interest of mine, nothing more. I deal with far more important things than you on a near daily basis. The mere idea that I would do such a thing is laughable. As it is I have no idea of that which you speak of. I have simply returned to ascertain whether or not the student is of yet ready to learn. It seems you are yet again a disappointment Nyx. I would have thought that by now you would have grown out of these outbursts. You claim to be a grown woman and yet you still act the part of a spoiled brat. Someone should teach you a lesson little girl."

He could see her searching for him and made sure to melt even further into the darkness, his voice bouncing all around from all directions to her. It did not matter whether she found him or not. He was the stronger of the pair, the older, the wiser, and the more learned. Maverick had been taught by the prince of demons himself. He was not going to let a little girl goad him into rash decisions. She had never seen his full potential and nor did he intend to let her. Their encounters had always been child's play, a game of cat and mouse and nothing more. She was not strong enough to beat him at this game. After all, he was teacher and knew best.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"You are the one hiding like a child fearing retribution from a parent. If I were just a passing interest you would have let me be the first I refused to be your student, you wouldn't have played this game of cat and mouse like we play now, this childish game that you keep going, but you call me the child. It seems you live in a haze of confusion, of ignorance. Age does not always bring wisdom, you make that clear," Nxy spoke, her eyes still searching the shadows, knowing he would be near, knowing he would be able to see her from whatever shadow he lingered in.

"I think when I refused you I hurt your pride, a lowly half breed refusing the great Maverick, is that what is was? Is that why you have never left me alone? Of course I tend to have that effect on people, you aren't the only one who has hunted me down time after time, you are just the last one who can take anything from me, and what you can take from me I hold no value in," Nxy continued, her words angry and bitter.

"You say someone should teach me a lesson, that you are so much stronger, but you are the one hiding, you are the one cowering. If you deal with more important things than me on a daily basis why are you here? Why don't you go deal with those things instead of playing childish games. Either leave me alone and accept the rejection I have dealt you or stand out of the shadows and teach me the lesson you think I deserve."

GoblinFae

"Me," the demon snorted, "hiding from you out of fear? Do not consider yourself so highly! Why the very notion makes me laugh! You are just a passing interest. But, you also happen to be part of a bargain where I made a promise to your father to teach you. Now you may continue your petty refusal of my assistance. However, I am still obligated to fulfill my end of the contract, whether you like it or not."

Granted she was right about his wounded pride. Not, of course that he would ever mention that to her. After all, no one refused him. In the end Maverick always got what he wanted. If it took him a hundred years then so be it. He would win in the end, confounded woman be damned!

"As for your other question, I happen to be on a bit of a vacation, as it were. I thought would be courteous and check in on my poor, unfortunate student who just has so much to learn! Yet, sadly I still find her wasting away without my guidance. You're a shell of your former self child. What happened to you to make you so low, so fearful? There was always such light about you and now it's gone. Such a pity," he sighed, moving out of the shadows and into the moonlight at last, but making no further move to approach her.

"Perhaps this is the lesson, Nyx. Such an impatient child, always wanting to fight and never stopping to listen." Maverick shook his head and sighed. "What to do with you? It's no wonder your father begged for my assistance. You certainly are a disaster."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Me, fearful?" Nxy questioned, looking down as a dark laughter started to roll from her chest. It seemed that Maverick had made the best joke ever. The fits of laughter lasted a few minutes before she finally stopped to speak.
"There is nothing left for me to fear, if you have lost everything you hold of value you cannot lose anything, no one can take anything away, so there is nothing left to fear, nothing left to care for," Nxy spoke, her words heavy and dark.

"You have never had anything of importance to say, just egotistical babble and worthless banter, if you do, I am standing here listening. I just like to be able to look the person I am talking to in the eyes," Nxy added as she looked Maverick over. He hadn't changed at all as far as she could tell, of course she had, she had changed greatly since the first time they had met. She was but a girl when they first met, not appearing a day over eight.

"What a waste of a vacation, if you really cared at all you should have showed up several months ago, that was when I needed help, and that was when I would have agreed to learn from you for your assistance, but that time has long since past," Nxy sighed before crossing her arms. She waited, giving his time to speak, or time to attack, she honestly didn't care which he did.

GoblinFae

Maverick watched in silence. Eyes like moonbeams, stone cold and ethereal, analyzed with the gaze of a bird of prey waiting for the moment to strike. But, the demon was not waiting to destroy the child before him, and yes he did still see her as a child, but one finally standing at the door of adulthood; no, Maverick was waiting like a patient father for his child to return, to listen to the wisdom long since ignored, to remember to breathe through the tears, for all things pass, and so too would this.

He was not nearly as cold or without compassion as he let on. True, he was a demonic assassin and took as much pleasure in the hunt and the kill as any other in his position. However, those traces of his former humanity still remained. Buried deep within his tattered soul was a man who remembered the pain felt at the loss of his family by his own cursed hand. Maverick remembered it all as he met Nxy's eye. The man knew that darkness within her. While the details of her recent past struggles were unknown to him, he could not say he did not suspect the truth.

"Who are you to tell Lady Fate when things should and should not happen?" his quiet voice rumbled calmly. "You do not know the future to come and you do not yet now why certain things have come to pass but that does not mean that they are without reason. I was not meant to return again any sooner than now. Do not blame me for whatever grievance you wish to place upon my shoulders now. Despite what you may think I do actually do many other things than spend all my days babysitting you. I have no idea of the events that have passed since last I saw you. Perhaps you would care to relate them instead of trying to blow my head off, or you still the child you're determined to prove yourself as otherwise?
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Fate is not a lady of any sorts, she is a whoring wretch," Nyx stated simply as she looked down at the roof, releasing her hold on the rain in the clouds, letting it start to pour down naturally. It quickly drenched both, a strand of her hair sticking to her face.

The rain would make it difficult to see the tears gathering in her eyes, but they were there.
"My magic does me little good against the enemies that I have, so I have no use for you as my teacher, if I wished to use your services at all it would be to have hits made. I doubt you have any real interest in what has happened to me, and blowing your head off was not my plan, but nice try," She spoke with a deep sigh.

GoblinFae

He threw his head back and laughed. Maverick just could not help himself when presented with such a case of fire and spirit. He could still see the traces of child within her but he was beginning to see more and more, the woman she was becoming. 'And quite a woman that is,' he mused. 'Quite a woman indeed.'

"If that was not your intention child then you must learn better aim. You came awfully close to doing so. You are foolish not to your learn your magic though. There will always be enemies to fight and something worth fighting to protect. This will be the last time I come round to look after you girl. If you want none of my help then no more shall I try to offer it to you. I have had enough patience. I will not waste time on one so foolish as yourself."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Actually the plan was to melt your skin from your body, you don't react to holy water very well," Nyx spoke with a slight smirk on her face.
"So you are finally coming to terms with my rejection and the wound to your pride?" She asked with a sigh, looking up into the rain, enjoying the feel of it on her skin.
"I haven't met anyone worth fighting to protect since my family slaughtered," She spoke after a moment of silence.

GoblinFae

Maverick snorted, somewhat amused by her plans. "My pride is none of your concern, child. But thank you for asking," he replied neutrally. He continued to stand his ground, already becoming bored with the girl. Yet, he felt he had to give one last shot at convincing her she needed his help before giving up on her entirely. Even he had his limits and she had already reached them.

"There may come a day when you do have need to protect someone again and you will be once more ill-prepared. Events repeat, little girl. The key to life is to learn and overcome them, not fall into the same patterns that lead to the same end. I assure you the next time the like happens I won't be here to offer help again. Final offer, are you ready to learn or not?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nxy stood there in silence for a moment, thinking. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes. Did she want to go? What would going with him cost her, it couldn't be free, nothing was ever free.
"What will it cost me if I go with you?" She asked, her eyes still closed as she continued to contemplate his offer.

GoblinFae

"Your obedience," he replied readily without batting an eye. "Perhaps even your pride, but that last one's up to you. There will be guidelines that you must follow. Namely once you begin, you may decide to cease your training at any point. Doing so terminates our verbal contract and I shall leave with my offer, both of which you will never see again. Am I understood?"

His arms crossed over his chest as he slowly made his way closer to her. "If you are truly willing to learn then we should set boundaries. I don't fancy the idea of you trying to melt me again."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"I didn't try, I was considering it, there is a difference," Nxy spoke as she looked at Maverick a hint of a smirk playing at the corners of her mouth.
"What will the guidelines be? I don't like going into something blind. As far as boundaries, I won't try to kill you if you don't try to kill me, that seems fair enough to me," She spoke, crossing her arms.

GoblinFae

He chuckled loudly before he could stop himself. Maverick was just tickled by the idea. "Indeed." One hand came up rub along his jawline in contemplation. "Well obviously the ones I previously stated. I would also like respect. You are after all coming to me for help. I will not stand for being treated poorly when I gain no payment for helping you. That should be good for now, lest we think of something more.

"Does that meet your approval, or do you have something more to add?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]