Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cat and mouse(GoblinFae)

Started by paganchick, April 01, 2013, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

"No, why don't you enlighten me," She asked raising an eyebrow.

GoblinFae

Maverick smirked and shook his head. "I am afraid that I cannot. Try again Nyx," he called over his shoulder as he once more resumed walking, hands clasped behind his back. His steps were slow and relaxed. While everything about him said that he was out for a stroll, one of his fingers locked behind his back would tap against the palm of his hand as he silently counted something. Each time he passed an alleyway, 'tap' would go his finger.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

"What are you counting?"Nyx asked as she watched his finger move, slowly putting together that each time they passed by an alley he moved his finger.

GoblinFae

Maverick gave a half smile as he looked back over his shoulder to his pupil. "Perhaps you can tell me and to what purpose my counting serves if you can analyze what I know are deducing as well."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

paganchick

"Were you counting alleys?" Nyx continued to question crossing her arms as she looked at the man. He was really rubbing her the wrong way, of course, that wasn't hard to do since it happened. since she had her family ripped away from her.

GoblinFae

The demon paused in his steps to nod his head. "Much better, Nyx. You learn quickly. Walk beside me and tell me what is the point of seeing? What makes things more memorable than others? Why is it necessary to remember some things over others?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx began to walk beside Maverick instead of behind him, pondering his question for a moment.
"The point of seeing is to notice what is important, so you can use the information to help you in whatever way it can. What ever stands out the most, being it the brightest, most vibrant colors, or movements in a other wise still place is what makes things more noticeable, there for makes it more memorable. The reason to remember things over others is the same as the point of seeing, you have to remember the more important things, the things that can help you out in the end," She started to talk, answering his questions the best she could.

GoblinFae

"The same holds true for your inner core of magic as it does for the outside world." Maverick was immensely pleased with how quickly Nyx was catching on. It was thrilling to watch understanding begin to bloom, like a flower pushing its way to the sun. The demon was rapidly learning just how rewarding the role of teacher could be.

'Perhaps I should do this more often. Mm what would Senji think?' He was briefly startled by his own train of thought before he shoved it deep down. No use going down that rocky road. 'He wouldn't give a damn and complain at your wasting time.'

With a sigh, he returned to the present. "The easiest way to learn to control here," he began pointing at her chest, "is to learn to control yourself in your surroundings. If you start the other way around your risk becoming volatile in addition to never being aware of your environment and thereby having no real use for your magic. Your gift is a weapon, true. But it is also your shield and your last resort. Is that understood?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Why is it to be my last resort. I am weak without my magic, I am frail, both are in my nature. Am I suppose to become a fast talking politician and learn to talk my way around people, I don't understand, what are you teaching me?" She asked, clearly becoming frustrated.

GoblinFae

Maverick stumbled in his paces. "You mean to tell me your father never had you trained in even the simplest of forms of physical combat? What was the man thinking? Was he out of his mind?" The demon sputtered in disbelief.

"Oh we have a lot of work ahead of us then. This will simply not do." Spinning to face her, Maverick stopped suddenly. "I need to know just how much you have learned or gathered over time as a physical combatant. I cannot properly train you if you do not have the basic foundation to build on top of, is that understood?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"Not very much. I have some skill with a bow, but with a sword, or hand to hand combat I would be far below average. My father never had be trained because I was suppose to become a noble and become your student. I picked up a few things here and there during my travels around Connloath, but not a lot," Nyx replied crossing her arms.

GoblinFae

"Lazy slug," Maverick cursed on his breath before glancing in Nyx's direction. "Not you," he clarified, pacing fervently in front of her. "Your father should have ensured you learned enough to protect yourself. Magic is about discipline but it's not to be used as a crutch and he knew that."

The demon shook his head angrily and finally came to a stop before the woman. "I will be frank with you, if you want to back out now I understand, but in order to learn magic, I highly suggest a regiment in at least the basics of some combat. I'd be willing to train you in that as well if you are willing. But magic alone, it's dangerous and I don't mean to an enemy I mean to yourself."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx's bodies tensed, she clearly thought he had called her a slug, and the anger flashed across her face and she felt the angry storm of power rage inside of her for a moment. She realized she had been holding her breath when she finally released it once Maverick clarified he hadn't been talking about her.

"How is it dangerous to yourself, if it is power that you were born with, power that naturally flows through your veins?"

GoblinFae

The demon sighed heavily, his head falling into his hand as tried to push aside his anger with L'moire patriarch. "What good is power without control? If you cannot control then it can consume you. If you do not respect it then you can lose yourself in it, become a monster."

His last statement ended on a quiet note as his own human past of long ago brought painful memories to mind. It took him a moment to compose himself. But, at last he relaxed and was himself once more.

"In order to develop your gift you must first be in control of yourself. If you are not then you can cause more harm than good and I do believe that unlike me you have an unfortunate hindrance known as a conscious. We will unfortunately have to work around that but that's not as big of a problem now as it could be come later. We'll cross that bridge later should you continue requiring my services that long."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"I have control over my power, I have honed my magical skills for decade upon decade. Not once have I lost control, or felt that it was some how controlling me. Plus, the only one who seems to have lost himself in his power is the being standing in front of me," She added with a cold, somewhat sharp tone.

She crossed her arms, looking up and thinking. She was thinking about whether or not she should just walk away. What were her reasons for staying after all? She didn't know the man very well even though the two had been playing cat and mouse for many, many years.

GoblinFae

Maverick growled under his breath, sneering darkly at her cruel words. He turned his back on her wanting nothing more than to strangle her for her insolence. How dare she bring up his insecurities and throw them in his face! How dare she indeed!

In a voice as hard and cold as steel he addressed her. It was a testament to his sheer force of will that he was able to  restrain himself from turning back around and leaping at her. "Now you listen well girly, there is more to your gift than just simply controlling it. True potential is found not by honing your strengths but by finding your weaknesses and exploiting them! If you had learned to use your weakness to your strength then I doubt we would be having this conversation right now."

At last he turned to face her, moving to get right up in her face as he hurled cold truths. "You are weak! You asked for my help and then you ridicule my teachings before they have even been put in practice. You will never reach your true and full potential if you only train half of yourself. Tell me what good is there in being unbalanced? None!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

Nyx closed her eyes, taking a slow deep breath, trying to take the sharp edge off the flash of anger exploding inside of her. She had been harsh, so she couldn't expect anything less from him. He was a monster trapped in a body of a boy. She pinched the bridge of her nose counting down from ten.
"Everyone is weak. I lost my family, but you lost your soul, who has paid the bigger price for their lackings?" She spoke, her voice cold, calm and collected.

She opened her eyes, staring at him with her head high and shoulders squared.
"But in you being a monster I find respect for you. Of course I doubt it is the respect you would want. My weakness is my humanity, something I dare not relinquish, and something that I am all to familiar with. I do not need your expertise to tell me that. I know, when you were suppose to train me all those years ago I was a child, but I am no longer a child. In retrospect I would probably have greatly benefited from your training then, but I can see that I would probably be a completely different person today if I had gone then. But I stand I stand in front of your now a grown female with experience and self awareness of my own strengths and weaknesses. You do not have the right now to talk to me like I am completely unselfaware. I will do the physical training you ask of me, but I will expect a bit more respect, you are not my elder."

GoblinFae

The demon stared down his nose at her. "Oh?" he asked in a deceptively calm and quiet voice. "So seeing you as a tiny pink thing no higher than my knee doesn't make me your elder now does it? How strange you mark the passage of time when I most certainly am older than you little Nyx. You are still my pupil and you get enough respect as that."

Maverick snorted and chuckled to himself at his next thought. "You need not worry of me tanning your behind should you falter in your lessons. Unless of course that is your desire," he added with a dark wink.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

paganchick

"I find that you would probably earn more satisfaction from that then I," Nyx replied crossing her arms. Her face was hard, her head high. She was proud, she knew this about herself.
She took a deep breath, calming the forces inside herself.
"Where shall my training begin?"

GoblinFae

Maverick chuckled quietly, not even bothering to hide it. "Yes, I'm sure I would. As for where," the demon sighed and stared up at the dark sky already beginning to show streaks of pink about the horizon. "I would say at the beginning. Though I do believe it is far both the bedtimes of a respectable woman and an old man as it were. Is there somewhere you would feel comfortable with your physical training?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]