Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fallen Will Rise Once More [Complete]

Started by GoblinFae, December 26, 2011, 06:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

Tiraris fled as quickly as she could, the time for stealth was over, the time to survive was now. Originally it was a simple mission. Attend a masquerade in Kia's Court, dance, drink, kill a minor noble, share some gossip, drink some more, and then walk out the front door. Simple really, until you add in an overbearing employer, a clumsy servant, an overripe mango, and an escaped guard dog. Then, things go from simple to slightly complicated.

From here things went from slightly complicated to very complicated when the target proved to be more aware of the situation than expected, the alarm was sounded, she was cornered on a balcony, and worst of all the noble had spilled his wine all over her good dress when he died. Now that was unacceptable.

Unfortunately, she did not have time to mull this over as she jumped off the balcony and into the pond below. Her outfit weighed her down bu,t that was the price of wearing protective armor underneath one's ballgown. She was pulling herself to shore when she felt something brush past her right cheek followed by a stinging sensation. The whiz of arrows flying past her head, motivated her to quicken her escape. But it was not quick enough, just as she entered the foliage of estate's forest she felt white-hot pain rip through her as something slammed into her left side. Looking down she saw an arrow sticking out of her right below her bosom.

'I do not have time for this!' her mind screamed as she broke the arrow off and continued running. At last she could not hear the guards behind her and her pace slowed. Warily she looked about her and determined that she was not far from the lower town. She was just beyond the path, no one would see her unless they were looking.

Gasping she collapsed to her knees, pressing her hand to her side, feeling the hot blood pour out onto it. She tried to pull it out but, her vision developed black spots when she did. 'It is too deep. I cannot get it out.' She pressed some more around the area, trying to pinpoint just how deep the arrowhead was. Pain flared anew as her fingers pressed lower below the wound. 'Broken rib too. This just gets better and better.' Her breathing alternated between panting and holding her breath as she battled the urge to scream in pain. 'Come on! You have been through worse, pull yourself together. You have a fee to collect,' she coached herself into an attempt to stand. But, it was altogether useless. Her side flared in pain and her vision blurred. A soft gasp escaped her lips as she once more collapsed against the tree. 'You know, maybe I should wait until the guards have settled down a bit. Then, I can go claim my reward.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Though not as bad as Tiraris' day, Windsor's day hadn't gone particularly well either.

It all had started with a man of noble stature complaining about a pain in his knee, and a messenger sent to go get a doctor. The doctor that the messenger had gotten had happened to be Windsor. Soon, he had found himself at the house of a noble that wasn't the patient's. Apparently, he had traveled a reasonably long distance to come to the house for a party, from what he heard a masquerade of sorts, and the noble man was quite disappointed that something would ail him at such an inopportune time. It ended up to be nothing but a small injury, and Windsor fixed it with ease.

However, he didn't get the pay he had wanted to collect, as there was some sort of commotion that happened in the other room. There was a lot of screaming for a short time, then the sound of a snarling dog, and lastly the sound of guards scrambling their way in hot pursuit of someone. The man he had aided had gone to see what was the matter in the midst of this. When he didn't come back, Windsor decided to check things out for himself. What he found was nothing near orderly. People huddled in a corner, whispering conspiratorially to each other, while others hurried away. This was terribly confusing to him. He glanced around, trying to find any clues as to what he should be doing and where his patient had ran to. He caught sight of him hurrying out of the building quickly, and decided to follow him. He was going to get his pay, even if it was small.

"Sir, listen, sir!"

He followed the older man out of the building, and heard a small group of girls wailing about their lack of safety. He paid no mind, caring not about what they whined about.

"Come back, sir!"

The man hopped onto a horse before he could catch up and galloped away. For a man that had had a knee injury, he sure had left quickly. Windsor supposed his healing techniques had hindered him for the time being.

Frustrated, he turned around, about to leave, when he saw a figure running into the trees fast. Guards ran past, not seeming to see the figure. Windsor's curiosity got the best of him and he crept up to the trees, glancing down and seeing a few drops of blood on the grass. He advanced further into the trees and glanced around, feeling conspicuous in white while being in the dark. A small noise drew his attention as he was about to leave. A gasp, it sounded like. He turned his head, catching sight of a figure leaning against a tree. He hurried over, leaning down quietly. This time, his instincts took the better of him; being a healer for so long. Besides, he never could manage to walk away from someone who was suffering. He mumbled, "Don't move, don't try to pull it out, it'll only make it worse." His voice was urgent and stern, yet soft. He grasped her hand and moved it off of the arrow's shaft.

GoblinFae

Her strength was fading fast. The wound was worse than she was willing to admit. As it was she never even heard the man approach until his hand was upon her own. Adrenaline sparked within her and in fear she lashed out at him, a right hook making contact with jaw. Fortunately for the stranger it was a weak strike otherwise he would be nursing a broken jaw. At worst he would probably have a bruise.

"Do not touch...me again....peasant...or it will be the last thing you do" she gasped out between shaky breaths. "I can handle this!" Her false bravado was short lived though. Her vision swam as she tried to stand again, her hand once more pressing against her bleeding side. 'It must be caught in the chainmail,' she thought as she felt some of the barbs nick her fingers. She looked down to see how bad it was and nearly vomited. The arrowhead was corkscrew-shaped with extra barbs in the sides. The only way to pull it out was to twist it out. However, doing so would allow the barbs to cause more damage on the way out. Normally she would have just cut the barbs off but the wound's placement in conjunction with it being caught in her armor was a great hindrance.

Tiraris rested her head back against the tree trunk with a slight thud. Each breath was painful for her and she hoped the rib had not punctured anything. 'I could only be so lucky,' she thought. 'I have got to get out of here. They will watch the borders for sure now. If I wait any longer, I will be trapped here. A sitting duck.'

"A dead duck," she muttered, her eyes closing against the pain.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

The moment before her fist contacted her jaw, he had just had the thought that being so close to an injured victim he didn't know, unannounced, was probably not a good idea.

Fortunately for him, the woman was losing her strength and didn't end up smashing his face. He rubbed his face with his hand, muttering for a moment, then dismissed it. Though it still hurt, he wasn't going to whine about it when a victim with an arrow sticking out of her. Soon after, she rebuked him for helping out. Typical. He rolled his eyes behind thin-rimmed glasses and was about to reach forward again when she said,

"I can handle this!"

Well, weren't those the most famous last words of a wounded victim. He decided to let her alone for a moment, though he frowned deeply at the amount of blood flowing from the wound. It was safe to say she wouldn't live without any sort of treatment; it must've not punctured a lung, as she wasn't coughing up blood or having any issues breathing of that sort. However, infection would take over regardless, even if it was bandaged. The wound didn't appear clean by any standards; it must've been the sort of arrowhead, he concluded.

She attempted to stand, which frustrated him to no end, as she could only be making herself worse. She muttered something as well, but Windsor wasn't listening. He knew whatever he said probably wouldn't be taken into consideration, as in that state he figured he wouldn't be listening to anyone either. Regardless, he said, "If you don't let this 'peasant' help you, then you'll be dead soon. Now, don't punch me this time." He leaned down again,quickly but gently moving her hand aside. For the moment that he was seeing the wound, it looked ragged, extremely painful, and not aided at all by the amount of chain mail surrounding it, but that was irrelevant for the time.

GoblinFae

Her hand squeezed his painfully tight as she shifted to sit up straighter, her ribs protesting at the movement. The pain was just getting worse the more she sat there. "I have to leave. My healer..." she mumbled her wide and fully dilated.

In the distance her delicate ears picked up the faint sounds of movement. Someone or something was headed her way, fast. She stilled, holding her breath and gritting her teeth as the pain ripped through her once more. "Listen to me," commanded looking the stranger in the eye for the first time. "You need to go. I will be fine. You need to get out of here," she stated with perfectly focused eyes. Howls sounded off to her left followed by answering ones to her right. 'They are getting closer.'

"Helping me is only going to get you killed, now leave me!" Weakly she pressed her right hand to his chest and pushed him away. "Please," she begged her vision once more reducing itself to black dots. "Run!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

The fact that his hand was being squeezed tightly didn't bother him; he was much to focused on the wound and what he would do about it. It was still bleeding quite a bit, and as he glanced at her, her eyes were becoming very dilated. Neither was good, at all. He had quite a bit of faith in his healing, but even magic only went so far. He didn't hear what she had said, still thinking hard.

Windsor's ears weren't bad, but they were of course no better than the average man's. He did have elves in his background, but the only gift it gave him was his ability to use magic so well. He glanced behind him for a moment, wondering what was enough to make her notice a noise while she was wounded so badly, and turned his head back to her quickly as she started to speak. He heard a howl and turned his head, realizing that they were being chased. Right. Guards. As she continued to speak so urgently, he frowned at her words.

He was pushed away a bit my her but he shook his head. "No," he said quietly but sternly, "I don't care. Worry about yourself right now, we'll worry about them in a minute." Truly, Windsor had no idea what to do about the guards. He was clever sometimes, but that didn't mean he could teleport away from dogs and guards and such. There was no time to go and cover their scent, and with what? He wasn't particularly accustomed to running away from guards and dogs, he was accustomed to sitting in a house and having people heal him peacefully. How exciting.

Windsor sat beside her. He had only had one person ever die on him in his years as a doctor, and he could barely handle the guilt. He knew that this case would forever haunt him if he failed to help, and if he died, so be it. He had no wife and no children. The world wouldn't miss one doctor, no matter how skilled.

"I'll come up with something..." He mumbled this quietly.

GoblinFae

"Oh like hell you will!" she cried out as they were surrounded. Quickly she scrambled to her feet, grabbed him, and placed a dagger at his throat. "Come any closer and I will kill this man. You failed to protect your master, do you want the death of this man on your conscience as well?" she called out to the guards.

"Let him go, witch! We promise you a quick death if you do," the head of the guards called back. Tiraris assessed the situation. 'Twelve guards and seven dogs. In this condition I am good as dead and this peasant is worthless to me.'

"I much prefer to remain alive if you do not mind."
"I hoped you would say that," the guard sneered back as he began to advance on them.
'Well this is not good,' she thought as she placed more of her weight on the stranger in front of her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor would have rolled his eyes if she had not suddenly stood and put a knife to his throat. Well, that changed the situation. As did the circle of guards surrounding them. The situation was getting more bleak by the moment; him with a knife to the throat, her surrounded by guards that wanted to kill her and bleeding to death at the same time. He looked around at them, expectantly almost.

As she began to lean on him more and the guards advanced, he shrank back a bit, as much as he could in his position. He had never liked dogs, especially snarling guard dogs that looked like the had daggers for teeth. He mumbled, "Well, damn."

How lovely.

GoblinFae

The biggest of the dogs made a lunge for them. In response, Tiraris with great effort, shoved the stranger behind her and to the side. She hurried to move her arms protectively in front of her chest in a crossed formation. Her efforts were mostly successful as the beast of a mutt latched onto her wrist and proceeded to shake and tear into her.

Tiraris screamed with the pain, no longer able to hold it all back. Her arms flung away from her chest, palms open as her head fell back, face to the sky. A colossal wave of energy flowed out through her, knocking out most of the attackers. Of those that survived the blast, all but one turned tail and fled. This last guard stood behind Tiraris and watched as she fell back, drained from the effort.

'I tried." was her last thought as she finally succumbed to the evening's events and blacked out.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor was glad to be shoved aside, but all he could do was watch as a large dog began to rip at her wrist. There was nothing he could do; what was there to do?

The bloodstained woman had something strange happen to her all of a sudden. Out of what seemed to be nowhere, energy blasted out and threw back the attackers, knocking most of them out. He saw watched a few of the others flee, yelling. All that happened to him was a short stumble back. He adjusted his glasses and found that there was one guard left, standing behind her.

Even though the woman had put a dagger to his throat (he felt his throat with his hand at the thought of it) and punched him in the face, he still wasn't cross with her. As he glanced down in that moment, she looked like some sort of warrior to him. She had been cornered and seriously injured; he couldn't find it in himself to blame her for what she did.

As he glanced at the guard, he thought of what to do. He wasn't going to fight him or something of that sort. That would be ridiculous. Also, as he realized, the guard, after being stunned for a moment by what had just happened, reached for a weapon to finish her off with. The guard was young, and Windsor guessed he didn't know everything that was going on yet, judging by how he was handling the situation. He seemed to be itching to leave, but very intent on finishing the job, perhaps to prove himself.

"Hey, you, what are you doing? Don't you see that your fellow guards are obviously not doing so well? Go get someone!" The man frowned at her, at him, then glanced at the group of men who were knocked out. "Go!" The guard, startled by his command, ran off to join the men who had fled and to get help as well. Windsor turned his attention back to the situation at hand, cursing himself for coming up with no better reason to get him away besides getting backup of all things.

Windsor assessed the situation. So, there were quite a few guards, but they were all knocked out. However, they wouldn't stay knocked out for long, and neither would the others be away forever. On the slightly bright side of the situation, the blood wasn't flowing horribly from the arrow wound on the woman, as the arrow was blocking some of it from flowing. The wrist wound appeared very painful and ragged, but at least it wasn't mangled too badly or any parts that moved the hand torn. For the life of him, he could not find a good way to move her for a long distance, especially with her armor on. He wasn't particularly strong, and that didn't aid anything. He needed to come up with something, and fast. He couldn't take her armor off and leave her there; that wouldn't help things at all. He glanced around, looking for a clue, any clue. He spied a guard's helmet, probably thrown off of the owner or something as such. He grumbled and picked it up, about to toss it away, when he had a thought. Of course, it wasn't brilliant, but she would die if he didn't move her away quickly. There was a village nearby, he remembered, and a good healer like himself to assist.

To cover her face, he put the helmet on her. It wasn't perfect, but it would do for its task. Word of her was probably spreading by now, and it would only spell trouble to show her face around when he was transporting her, especially since she couldn't run away herself. It wasn't a particularly unique helmet either, which was very good. Any symbols would probably be hidden in the dark. He leaned down, using his magic to break off some of the arrow to make it not sticking out as far, but at the same time leaving enough for what they needed to do later. At the same time, he used a bit of magic to stop the blood from flowing so much from both wounds temporarily. He knew it would last long enough for the trip. Draping the cloak over her, he picked her up carefully, and began to carry her the best he could towards the town, staying to trials in the forest. He had no other run-ins with guards, and he supposed they were too busy licking their own wounds and trying to figure out exactly what happened.

A while later, he stumbled up to the town not too far from Arca, straining to keep carrying her. It was terribly difficult not to move her around at this point, and it was crucial that she didn't get hurt further now. To his best luck, the healer was just leaving the town to do his prayers by the river when Windsor stumbled up. After a short conversation between the two, Windsor and him carried her into the town and to his home, where she was laid upon a table. Windsor, exhausted, sighed and talked to him about what had happened. He knew the healer wouldn't speak a word of what had happened to anyone; they were close and the man was one of his word.

That night, they managed to get the arrow out of the wound, close it on the surface, and fix up the dog bite. However, internal damage remained and that was to be dealt with later. Both were bandaged for the time being. The healer used his magic to make Tiraris sleep through the night.

When she awoke, she would find Windsor looking at some writing on a page, leaning against a wall.

GoblinFae

Tiraris came to consciousness slowly. Carefully she sat up bringing her hand to her face. She paused when her blurred vision caught sight of the bandages on her wrist and hand. Looking down she examined her side to see more bandages there as well. A soft moan escaped her throat as the pain hit her all at once.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the stranger from before. "You saved my life. Do you know what you have done? What I have done?" She shook her head. More loudly she said, "I thank you for your services, I will make sure you are properly compensated. Goodbye."

Painfully Tiraris braced herself against the bed in order to stand. Once the bout of dizziness passed she took one tentative step followed by another. Of course it was then that her knees decided to buckle and she began her descent to the ground.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor heard her and turned, about to speak, when she stood and attempted to walk away. She thought she could go so easily and be fine? 'Women!', thought Windsor as he hurried to her side and caught her to prevent her from falling onto the floor. His arms protested as he helped her to at least lean against the bed. He had quite an idea of what he'd done. Helped someone who he probably shouldn't have helped for his own well-being in the long run.

He sighed and replied with, "I know what I've done, and I know what you're going to do; stay until you're healed."

GoblinFae

"You cannot keep me here. If you do, you will be caught as an accomplice to the murder of Lord Geoffrey Bracken. You will be tried and found guilty just the same as I. You would be better off letting me go. I have no attachments to you, I will not try to save you when this comes to pass. I am only interested in my own hide. If it had come to it, I would have killed you in the forest without a thought. Now tell me, is this really what you want on your head? You wish to be labeled a traitor for aiding a murderer?

"I am grateful for what you have done. But, give me my armor and I will be on my way. If it is the payment you are worried about then I am sure we can work something out. What difference is to you whether I live or die? I am no one to you," she said trying to cow him into letting her go.

At the same time as she was giving her little speech, her hands were busy twisting the sheets and getting a good grip on them. If he was not going to let her go then she was going to force her way out of there. One way or another she was leaving the province tonight.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor looked at her carefully. So, she had murdered someone. That complicated things, but it did explain why all of the guards were after her. Well, he supposed he was already in deep enough, why not just jump into this pool of craziness.

"Well, I suppose you're right. I'll let you go. But, will you let my friend bless you before you leave? He is a very religious man; he won't let you go otherwise. What do you say?"

The healer, who had been standing in a small room next to the one they were in, walked in slowly. He had a limp and used a cane to walk. He looked at her questioningly, not saying anything.

GoblinFae

She watched the man limp into the room and became wary of the intentions that the original stranger was suggesting. 'I am not well enough to stop them both. But if I do this right I will not have to,' she calculated. Demurely, she lowered head with a sad smile. "You are too kind to me sir. Even after all I have done, you still look after me."

Sighing deeply, she blinked back tears, her gaze flitting between the two men before dropping back to her lap. Unbeknownst to the men her hands had gotten a good hold on the sheets and she was ready to spring. One fast move on their parts and she would have them contained before they knew she gone. All she needed to know now was where her armor was. But, that she was willing to find on her own was the men had been detained.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor's gaze didn't change as she reacted to the situation. It remained aloof as always. He looked tired. He was having second thoughts about treating her at the moment; even with his strong sense of duty, this all seemed ridiculously hard.

The healer raised his hand to her forehead, barely touching it with his index finger and quietly mumbling something. He backed up and smiled. At that moment the spell he had cast on her, with intention to make her go to sleep, would go into effect.

GoblinFae

Unfortunately, for all her planning Tiraris' reactions were much slower than she anticipated. She ached tremendously and her vision was starting to go again, so when the healer pressed his finger to her feverish head she could only weakly flail. Instead of her intended action of throwing the sheet at stranger the original and knocking over stranger the second, she only managed jerk her hands about before collapsing back onto the bed.

Still she fought the effects of the magic. She struggled to keep her eyes open as she at last declared bitterly, "I hate you!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor had a feeling this would happen; he wondered to himself why he couldn't have chosen to be a book-binder, a merchant, a soldier. Of all things, he had become a doctor. Even though he had a talent for it, he wished he didn't sometimes.

The healer backed away and Windsor watched her fall onto the bed, sighing. He walked up to her and said, "Of course you do. Now go to sleep." He grumbled something and glanced away.

GoblinFae

When Tiraris woke next it was several nights later. The room was dark save for the lone candle by her bedside. With much more care this time around, she sat up and began to examine the extent of damage she had incurred.

She began with the dog bite, gently unraveling the bandage, wincing slightly at tender skin being pulled at by dry, crusted blood. For the most part it had healed nicely. There was no sign of infection but an angry red scar was forming instead. Placing her palm firmly over the bite she began to hum softly, channeling her natural healing energy into the area. The skin grew warm and tingly and she began to slowly rock side to side in a self-soothing manner.

When at last the warm began to cool she removed her hand to examine the skin. It was as smooth and flawless as any noble's daughter's skin should be. Breathing deeply she continued to rock and hum as she lifted her borrowed nightgown over her head to examine the more life-threatening of the wounds she had endured. The arrowhead had done quite a bit of damage but was healing cleanly nonetheless. She decided to leave the nasty scar that was forming. 'Let that be a reminder to me; never assume or you can assume your life is forfeit.' Continuing onward her hands began methodically palpating her ribcage for internal damage.

A sharp hiss escaped her lips when her fingers located the still mending ribs and bruises. Her rocking became rapid and her humming changed to a low crooning rendition of a childhood lullaby. Inwardly, she felt the wave of tears that would never fall, forming. 'I am trapped here. They will be watching the borders and now I have nowhere to go. A healer is only obligated to keep me here as long as I need healing, and who is to say he has not already planned on telling the sentries about me as soon as he has his payment. Why is he protecting? Even threatening him got me nowhere. Surely, by now he must know that I have the capability to kill him and that I am a threat to all around me. He could have lied and gotten his way out of being an accomplice. Why is he doing this? Why? Why is he keeping me here? Why did he save me? Why, why why!' Her thoughts circled round and round her head, always come back to the same conclusion, there were too many questions and not enough answers.

Her body was stiff and achy from laying in bed for days. There was no way she could physically leave and even if she did there was no way she would make it very far alive and free. 'Whoever he is, I owe my life. Despite what I may have said, until that debt is paid I am responsible for whatever may happen to him because of me and my actions. I owe him that much.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Ugh, what a long day.

Windsor rubbed his temples, sitting at a small table in another part of the small home. A busy few days it had been. Circles had formed under his eyes. Along with ensuring the health of the strange armored woman he had come across by chance, he also had to hide her as well. The guards had almost stampeded past the healer's house a few times, but they hid her effectively. Windsor could still show his face around, as apparently it was assumed that she had run off on her own somehow. That was an excellent and lucky break. He realized how lucky he was to be getting into this so easily, and hopefully he would eventually be able to get out of it just as easily.

Windsor walked into the room where they had left the woman to rest. She was sitting up and awake, which was good. However, he frowned slightly to see that her wrist bandage was gone and that it seemed to be...completely fine. So she must have some special talent of her own. Interesting, though he didn't know what it was nor did it concern him.

He knocked on the doorway to announce his arrival as to not frighten her. "Good evening. Are you feeling alright?"