Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wrath of the Red Talon

Started by NightWind, July 09, 2012, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWind

The day was winding toward an end- only an hour or two of daylight left. Strynn Swiftblade walked the perimeter of the small village one last time, casually checking the waist-high wooden fence to make sure it was in decent repair. "Almost time for my relief." He mused, eagerly anticipating his favorite pub- the Wavering Arrow. The aged man's memories had been deep this day, and mercilessly vivid: memories of his days in the King's service, memories of the skirmishes, and especially of the war. 'More like a genocide.' He thought to himself with a shudder. He thumbed his cudgel before he realized what he was doing, snatching his hand away with a grimace. "That's not my life anymore." He muttered under his breath. "Gods help me, that's not my life."
  Strynn liked it here in Woodhaven- it's location on the west coast of Adela in the midst of the Niahi forest ensured it was peaceful, first and foremost. One of the quietest jobs he'd ever had as a peacekeeper, and he was thankful for it every day. The man couldn't stand another war, one more skirmish, the occasional bandit raids on the fort were enough for him. Sometimes they sent him right back in his mind, into his olden days, on the killing field. He drank all the more heavily those days, drowning his sins and his memories in rum, ale, whatever spirits the tavern had on hand. He tried not to think of those things and instead thought of the other positives of the village. The people were friendly, for example, hardworking folk but the kind that know how to sit back and laugh.
The old soldier shook his head as he completed his circuit, coming in the western gate of the village and heading towards the center of town. His relief was nowhere to be seen, though he hoped the man was on his way- all these thoughts of the past made him want to drink his troubles away. Strynn decided to patrol the makeshift dirt roads of the village, looking for crimes to break up, disputes to settle, or citizens to assist. "A watchman's work is never done." He reminded himself as he kept an eye out.

GoblinFae

She was on the move again. Ever restless, the change of venue would not soothe her nature for long. No job, no teacher, and no ties to keep her here, the assassin's intention had only been to pass through. Of course, though her plans never really managed to come to fruition the way she wanted them too if they were not work-related.

But, a spooked horse, a squawking noble, an overturned carriage, and several broken fingers later, here she was and for the night it seemed. Tiraris was far too tired to keep her guard up as she cut through the forest. Her head ached, her hand ached, her eyes stung and her ears were still ringing from the man's high-pitched incessant squeaking. 'What does not hurt? Anything?'

Looking ahead she groaned as she pushed open the door of The Wavering Arrow. 'Another watered-down drink in a "refined" pub in a "quaint" little town. Gods above, I need work! This really is ridiculous.' Another grimace displayed across her face as the very man she was trying to avoid, came waltzing in through the door.

He was loud and obnoxious, demanding accommodations simply because of his rank. Tiraris clenched her hand, forgetting too late of the pain that still lingered in it. 'Someone please silence him, before I do,' she thought, downing another man's drink before attempting to make her way as far away from the obese pig that reeked of perfume and money.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

NightWind

Upon turning the corner by the inn, Strynn grinned widely at a welcome sight- a slightly bored-looking guard in uniform. "Another quiet day, nothing to report." He said as he saluted his relief. The man made a slight face as he heard the news, complaining that for once, he wished he could see another raid. 'Sodding rook.' Strynn thought as he gave a small wry grin and patted the man on the shoulder, making his way toward the tavern. His memories had taken him back and he was in a bleak mood. 'I need a drink.'

He brushed aside the hanging cloth door to the pub, immediately accosted by the annoying sounds of a complaining nobleman. And by the look of him, foreign. Strynn sighed heavily as he hung his head for a moment. 'So close. I was so close to a quiet day and a much-needed drink.' "Here, now." He said aloud, putting a hand on the fat man's shoulder. "I don't know how it works where you're from, friend, but around here you pay for your drinks. And you ask for them, ask mind you, in a civilized manner." The fat man swiped Strynn's hand from his shoulder and sputtered indignantly about his lineage, his station, and a few other things the watchman didn't really listen to and didn't want to hear in the slightest. "That's all well and good, sir, but I must ask you one more time to-" his words were cut off with a small *slap* as the nobleman struck him across the face. "And mind your tongue when you speak to your betters, knave! The nerve..." Muscles built from years of military service corded as Strynn clenched a fist and drove it square into the noble's belly, the fat man's eyes growing wide as he doubled over and gasped for breath that would not come. A moment later, the man was flying through the doorway as Strynn bodily hurled him out. "And stay out!" He roared, booting the man's ass and sending him sprawling again as he struggled to stand.

"Bloody stupid heavy fat bastard." Strynn muttered, picking up his "usual" from the barkeep- a large squared bottle of dark rum. "On the house, that fat fool was asking for that one, mate." The man chuckled, earning a grin and grateful nod from the guard. His eyes scanned the crowd, seeking a table that was empty (for he wanted to drink alone), but the closest thing was one in the back corner with only a single occupant- and she also looked like she was a newcomer. "I haven't seen you around here, before- please, have a drink. Welcome to Woodhaven." He said courteously, pouring the strong dark rum into two glasses. Upon closer inspection he saw that the woman looked to be in a foul mood, and her hand seemed to be in pretty bad shape. "My name is Strynn Swiftblade, a local watch-keeper. Is something troubling you? Perhaps I could point you out to the local healer?"

GoblinFae

Tiraris' eyes narrowed in suspicion once the newcomer drew attention to her. It had been hilarious to see the noble taken down several notches and not her being the one doing it but, then having her brought into the spotlight as it were ruined the amusement she felt completely. Who was this man to come over to her and bother her when she obviously wanted to be alone?

Blatant disdain reflected on her face as she moved her hand into her lap. She had planned to heal it herself but later. This new annoyance would only delay things and serve to worsen her mood. "Of course something troubles me; I would be a fool to think that my life is perfect. How you play into all that is beyond me though. As for a healer, that will not be necessary. Have a nice evening," Tiraris ended in a sickly sweet tone that was a clear dismissal.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

NightWind

Strynn grunted in response to the woman's acid tongue, tilting his head back as he drained his glass in one go. "Very well, I meant no offense." He said flatly. The run-in with the pompous man and all his dwelling had put him in an ill humor anyway. 'I really shouldn't...'
  "It just so happens that you are sitting at my favorite table." He went on, sitting deliberately and calmly pouring himself another glass as he looked the woman over more carefully. 'Armor, and well-armed. And with an attitude like that... Best not to take chances.'  "I'll just have you know," he added in an undertone, "That this village is my home and its well-being is my responsibility. And as you no doubt saw a moment ago, I am always on duty." Again his head went back as he gulped down his second glass. "I will not tolerate any threat to the peace." He continued. "So if anyone were to turn up dead, any fights were to break out, somebody were to be robbed, you can be certain that I will spare no effort to bring the one responsible to terms." He pushed his chair back as he stood, preparing to leave the table for a dice game that was in progress in the corner. "Have I made myself clear?"

GoblinFae

She was unimpressed. His table-claiming, space-invading, and valiant threatening was hot air to her. Tiraris ignored him almost entirely as she took the glass he had left her and also downed it in one gulp before casually leaning back in her chair to stare up at him in challenge.

"And what would happen should it be your head that rolls? I ask purely out of curiosity, of course. I happen to be off-duty myself and as far as I can see the only threat to my peace is you." Her tone was light, but there was a dark fire that danced in her eyes. 'Gauntlet has been thrown, Sir Knight, whatever shall you do now?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

Throwing back his head and barking a laugh, the former soldier poured a third drink as he grinned. "Were it my head and not another citizen's, then I've done my duty as a guard and it's not my problem anymore. Gods know I could use a rest." He chuckled, shaking his head at the idea. "You know, were I twenty, or even fifteen years younger I'd say that was a challenge. As it is, I'm afraid it would be unfair to pit all my experience against such a dainty-looking young lady." He said with a mock bow.

GoblinFae

"On the contrary, I believe that my fifteen to twenty years of youth means that you will not be able to keep up with me, old man. But, you can certainly try. I am game if you are; just know that I hit harder than my dainty posterior seems capable of.

"However," she sighed, maintaining her relaxed posture, "I can see that you are off to waste your time in other frivolous but safer pursuits." With a wave her hand Tiraris dismissed him as if he was nothing but a lowly servant. "I would wish you well, but frankly I just do not give a damn."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

((I'm thinking the night will wind down and the attack will commence on my next post maybe, sound good to you?))

Strynn chuckled again, shaking his head. 'Ah, young blood.' He rather thought that despite their initial impressions of one another and Tiraris' file-tongued disposition, he might actually like this young lady under different circumstances. She reminded him a bit of a woman he had known in the King's army. 'Oh well.'
  "Well, mayhaps one day we'll find out for certain." He mused as he noted her condescending gesture and casual insult with an amused grin. 'She seems hostile enough, but I'm getting the impression she has a specific agenda.' It didn't seem likely she would cause unnecessary trouble, if for no other reason, so as to maintain her peace and quiet. "It's been a long time since I've bantered with anyone that has a proper backbone," he said aloud, reaching over and filling her glass again. "Mind the law, citizen." And with that, the watchman turned and left the table, exchanging greetings and squatting alongside the group of patrons tossing dice against the wall as he drained his third glass. 'At least, I hope she won't cause trouble.'

GoblinFae

(OOC: Sure sounds like a plan ^.^)

She huffed and rolled her eyes as if in exasperation, but any man who sparred with her and filled her cup after a grueling day was not an all bad fellow. He had alleviated some of the tension the noble had piled onto her earlier.

With a flick of her injured hand, Tiraris sent her magic racing down into it to mend the inflamed and broken bones. In a matter of minutes it was fully healed albeit rather tender. The assassin would be able to use it but, it would probably be best if she did not, not of course that Tiraris was accustomed to doing what was best. She was after all a woman and a fickle one at that.

For hours she sat there, watching and enjoying the atmosphere. As the smoke within the room became thick and the men dropped off into drunken stupors she at last allowed herself to relax enough to pay for a room. Along the way upstairs though, she did stop to check on the betting tables. "Losing a fortune as well as your sight old man?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

Many hours, dice rolls and three passed-about bottles of liquor later Strynn swayed slightly in his seat, eyes bloodshot and half-closed. He dug in his pocket, tossing coins on the table haphazardly as he lost another bet. "Thash, thash threedays wayshes, gonnagin." He slurred drunkenly, his forehead hitting the table with a "thump" he was not even aware of as the world continued to spin. "I'm out, enuffsh enough." In reality he had only lost one day's wages not counting the money he had won and spent on booze, but he tended to lose track of winnings and losings. The other men were all aware of his drinking problem, but they also knew he was always sober on duty so they just shook their heads and spoke half-hearted farewells.
Gathering the little winnings he had left, he scooped them up and slapped a couple onto the table. "Round on me." He managed to say without slurring, though his voice was unsteady. That was when he noticed the young woman from earlier. "S'not my night, lossa lottoff money." He mumbled, standing unsteadily. "Anan, and, I'm not, not loosing my, myshight." He declared, pointing a wavering finger at the woman that seemed to blur and move from side to side.

The next thing he heard was a crash, as of wood splintering, and a scream. "Goddamn treesh always fallingon housis." He muttered, stumbling toward the doorway before he heard an all-too-familiar sound that cut right through his drunken haze and left him wide-eyed. It was the sound of a roar coming from many throats, calling out in triumph and bloodlust. It was, unmistakeably, the crying out of soldiers before the charge. "No!" He shouted, running towards the doorway. What he saw drained the blood from his face and left him almost sober.
A mass of strange-looking men and lizardmen were surging through a smashed gate, some wielding torches that they tossed into brush and houses as they advanced, killing as they went. "To arms! Wake up, damn you! To arms!" He bellowed before ducking back into the bar, arrows 'thunk'ing into the wall where he was standing a moment ago.

GoblinFae

"If you say so, gaffer," Tiraris replied softly, rolling her eyes at his pointing and slurs. Her head snapped up though at the sounds coming from out of doors. She heard them clearer than his muddled human brain and was instantly alert. On quick feet, she raced up the steps and kicked open one of the room's doors before proceeding to shimmy herself out the window to climb onto the roof.

Below she could see the raiders brutally slaughter all who resisted. Another eye roll was wasted on the soldier she had met before as he drunkenly called for soldiers that were no longer under his command. There was no pause, no consideration of morals and conscience as she watched. This was not her fight, she had no ties to these people or their plight. There was no reason for her to stay and truthfully she had every intention of leaving, of disappearing into the night and never returning.

That is of course until one of the men jumped straight from the ground onto the roof right beside her. Momentarily stunned by the feat alone, Tiraris was easily knocked back and pinned to the scratchy thatching. The creature stared down hungrily at her and even went so far to lick the pale column of her throat.

Disgusted, she fought to regain her hands again. It was only when she had managed to wrap her legs around him and sit up that she was finally free enough to break the beast's neck and get away. "Now, this is my fight," she growled, hopping down and cleaving the head of the first beast that passed too close to her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

Head still reeling slightly from the drink, the old soldier nevertheless found his cudgel in his hand before he knew he had drawn it, in a steady grip as he glanced around for the newcomer, only to find her gone. He watched as one of the creatures leaped to the rooftop and turned, sprinting to the backdoor and skidding to a halt as two of them stepped in, a human and a reptilian creature burying his spear in middle of a patron. Without hesitation he swung, smashing in the side of the lizardman's face before dodging a blow from the human. Strynn quickly stepped in close and slammed his cudgel down atop the man's head, cracking it open and knocking his corpse to the ground. Immediately he noticed the lizard wasn't done for yet, and he made a mental note of the strength of their scales as he finished it. 'Old habits die hard...' He thought, curiously detached as he looked down at the blood and grey matter clinging to his weapon. "And this is not a weapon of war," he said aloud, clipping it to his belt and taking up the spear from the fallen reptile. The watchman glanced back in time to see the woman from before split one of the creature's skulls. He grunted, pleased she would stick around to help and quickly turned, running as fast as he could to his house, but not before grabbing several liquor bottles and stuffing the ends with rags torn from the clothing of the dead. There was no time to don his armour, but what he needed was his shield, and his father's sword. 'A crossbow wouldn't hurt either.' He realized as he spitted a wild-looking man on his spear and left it, taking up a fallen sword.

GoblinFae

She was grateful now that she had decided to heal her hand herself instead of letting time run its course. Tiraris needed her grip now more than ever as she danced with death on this battleground. The men were easy enough to kill, but it was their reptilian companions that she was having more of a challenge with. She had to hit them just right or they would come back at her more furious and deadly than before.

One had managed to catch her elbow and tear the flesh all the way done to the bone. That one she had not been merciful to, taking out her pain and vengeance tenfold on his hide. The assassin let out all of her aggression and frustrations of the day through the swing of her blade and the spilling of blood. She never considered herself helping the village. She did not care for the pitiful humans. No, this was purely done for herself and her own whims.

Looking up Tiraris did catch sight the man from before. He fought well in her opinion but, she was still better if only because she was still sober. She allowed herself to be driven closer to him, now fighting in the small village's center side by side with the man she had passed sparring words with earlier in the evening. "Is that the best you can do old man? No wonder you would not fight me!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

The scavenged sword had broken on a lizard's skull, but it had done the job- half the blade was still jutting out form the corpse's head. Now the soldier wielded an handaxe, smashing it into a human man's head and hurling it into an oncoming group of three adversaries. It lodged itself into the skull of a lizardman, and he quickly snatched up another axe. He risked a quick glance around the square he had been backed into- the guard was being overrun, and the citizens were either fleeing or being cut down where they stood. Strynn himself was bleeding freely from a gash on his thigh and a small cut on the forehead.
   Looking behind him, Strynn noticed the woman from the tavern now fighting alongside him. "You're not bad, yourself," he said as a reply, sinking his axe deep into the neck of an opponent and blocking the other's sword with a battered, poorly made shield. "What I need is my shield, and sword." He suddenly stooped and caught a torn flour bag with the edge of his shield, flinging it into another reptile's face as it swooped in for the kill. The creature backpedaled, sputtering and trying to clear powder form its face as Strynn slammed his axe into its side, burying the blade in his ribcage to the haft. The creature fell, thrashing, until Strynn slammed his boot down on its throat, breaking its neck. "Then you would see what a Swiftblade can do!" He continued with a small chuckle.

GoblinFae

"For a man who calls himself an always on-duty soldier, you certainly are unprepared. It is a wonder these people are live at all under your watch. Perhaps your family should have changed your name to Lostblade or Noblade for you are definitely no help in a crisis."

Grunting, she hacked away at another man, spraying blood all over herself as she hit a vital artery. Another lizard jumped on her back, briefly bringing her down to one knee as she struggled to throw him off. She dug her nails into its eye sockets, grateful the moment it loosened its grip on her and allowed her to flip it over her shoulder.

"If you plan to be useful at any point now is the time!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

"I've never needed weapons of war to keep peace. My cudgel has always sufficed until now." He protested, shaking his shield loose and hurling it edgewise with a grunt at the reptilian creature lying prone. Despite the damage to the rim of the shield from the creature's face, he doubted it would be enough to kill the thing but at least the blow left it stunned and easily dispatched. "Right, hold this position." He requested, scooping the shield up again as he dashed past and sprinted towards his house, flinging it a second time at a man about to put the torch to the hut. It sank into the back of his neck and stayed there, the human male dropping to the ground and twitching weirdly as his spinal cord was smashed.
  Once inside his hut, the soldier threw open his armour cabinet and scrambled to strap on his shield, magically light. His alcohol-muddled brain strained to make sense of what was happening, needing no thought to instinctively secure his shield and sword belt in place. 'They look unorganized, this is no army... a band of raiders? Mercenaries? No, who would wish Woodhaven harm? They all seem to bear the same crest... Some sort of red claw?' He shook his thoughts aside as he secured the last strap of his sword belt and slung his crossbow over his shoulder, pausing on his way out to scoop up a torch in his shield hand. Strynn swept his father's broadsword from its sheath and through a man's neck, the enchanted blade severing his head completely. He dodged the resulting spray and ran back to the town square, planting his back against Tiraris'. "There are too many. We need to limit their pathways." He panted, gathering up the liquor bottles stuffed with rags he had gathered from the bar and handing one to Tiraris. He held the ragged wicks to the torch flame. Nearly the whole town was on fire, anyway. "Throw this somewhere strategic." He said hurriedly, hurling his at a narrow alley with five raiders at the mouth. The howls of agony and the sudden smell of burning skin brought a grim smirk to his face.

GoblinFae

'Useless old man always trying to show me up,' the assassin's mind growled as she continued to whirl about the muddying ground made slick with blood and earth. She had become so focused on the rhythms that Strynn's sudden appearance at her back nearly got him beheaded. Twisting her blade away at the last moment, it took all her effort not to break the flaming bottle over his head.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed? Because you certainly are doing a fine job of it!" Tiraris yanked the fiery blend from his hand and with quick eyes judged where to toss it. When she tried to lift her left arm to throw it though she found that she could not. The bite from earlier had made it numb and sluggish. Growling, she switched hands and tossed it with all of her might towards a large alley. It smashed against a house's stonewall and rained down its contents on the attackers below.

"Aim high and you cover more ground," she called out, ducking under an attacker's swing as she struggled to raise her left arm in defense. 'Well this is bothersome. What the hell did it do to me?' There was not time to assess the damage, that could only be done once the fighting was over. Tiraris hoped though that the heavy numb feeling would not spread any further. She had bitten in the elbow and already she was useless from shoulder to fingertips. The assassin could only imagine how bad it all looked.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

NightWind

"If I got myself killed I wouldn't have to listen to your snide comments, that alone might well be worth it!" Strynn chuckled, lowering the shield he had raised instinctively and throwing another bottle. Whenever there was breathing room, he would snatch the crossbow dangling from his back, yank back the arm and send a bolt into the chest of an enemy. "All the streets to the square are burning now, save the west road." He said, looking over his shoulder at a momentary lull in combat. That was when he noticed her elbow.
  Covered in blood as she was he had not noticed her elbow in his quick glances, being distracted by the heat of battle. Now he saw that the flesh was torn and ragged, Strynn could see bone in some places. He also noticed the woman seemed to be having trouble moving her left arm at all. Once again military instinct took over as he automatically took a position at her left flank, closing their ranks so as to prevent opponents from getting an opening as he thrust his blade through the chest of a lizardman. "We should take the west road. Maybe we can fight our way to a more defensible position." He suggested, pulling his sword from the corpse. With most of the roads sealed off, they had far less enemies to worry about, and all from one side. First, however, was to take care of the few that remained in the square.

GoblinFae

Pointing with her head she tersely replied. "They approached from the east. While higher ground is better would that not leave your precious village open to attack without you here? Once the fires die down there is nothing to stop them from coming at our backs."

With a grunt she swung out at a man attempting to come at the pair from behind. Looking about she did not see anymore that were not already in the process of being handled. "If you wish to act, the time is now. You will not get another shot at this."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]