Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When The Unjust Call Foul Play [Fae!]

Started by Zane, April 22, 2013, 06:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

One Month Ago

Malam is one of those towns that is caught somewhere between a large town or a small city, it could really be either depending on how you look at it and what your outlook on life was. Many of it's citizen are caught between a rock and a hard place, ninety percent of the towns wealth is held by less then ten percent of it's people. Many citizen are impoverished and about the same number of them are petty criminals. In most cases the town turns a blind eye to it, so in a sense, being stolen from is like forcibly giving to charity, that is of course if nothing too valuable was taken. The town guard is a pretty pathetic bunch, they have the back bone of a house fly when stood up to, and use numbers to bully people. The captain of the guard is a horrible man, he doesn't care who he hurts. And until recently, it were only the criminals he hurt.

"Your information was wrong, you bitch!" A loud impact rang across the alley where a fist met flesh. "How dare you lie to me!" A similar sound rang out, this time a bit sharper.

"Please sir! Have mercy! 'Twas a simple mistake!"

The abuser did not like to be told what to do, he reared back to strike again, then something very solid caught his wrist. Captain Natu looked in surprise, following what appeared to be a tonfa, wielding it was a young man with silver hair. "If I were you Captain Natu, I would stay man hand." The young man looked like he were about ready to hill the Guard Captain. But yet again, the captain did not like to be told what to do, so he swung at the man.

All of a sudden the world spun, the captain was on his back with a broken arm, a dislocated jaw and an eye that would soon be swelling shut. "Leave" The young man said "Cause if I see you again you shall really understand what pain is." With that the sliver haired man just got up and left. And what did the Captain do? He got up and ran straight out of the town.

Present Day

Since the banishment of Captain Natu, life in the town had gotten a bit easier. The bullying town guard was very disorganized and crime was one a rise, though the law abiding citizens of the town didn't seem to mind, word traveled fast that it was Etho, a born resident of the town that almost everyone knew, was the one who drove the corrupt guard captain out. He became somewhat of a celebrity for it.

Today Etho found himself in a part of the town famous for it's prostitution business, part of which Etho owned. Though he wasn't to privy to prostitution himself, he did like to get to know his 'workers', more of a friendly way though. The only way to get into Etho's building, a boarded up in that looked like it had closed up a long time ago, was to press in a stone brink next to the door that protruded slightly, the doorman would greet you and ask if you were there for business or pleasure, to get let in you needed answer. 'Pleasure is my business'. Etho of course needed so such password, he just strode right in.

"Hello ladies." he said calmly to the room.
fifteen beautiful young women from the ages of eighteen to twenty-six turned to look at him, "Hello Etho" Several of them said.
"Well we have been a month free from Natu and the Town guard is still in shambles, I say we got to the Harvest Moon and share some drinks as to celebrate."

Now many of the girls, if fact a fair few of them didn't, believed that Etho was still non-experienced when sexual relations were the subject, despite the fact that he ran one of the more profitable prostitution businesses in all of Malam, a fact that they often teased him for. One of the spoke up, "You know we would love to Etho, but the fact is that we are not on the clock" A few of the girls snicked.

Etho feigned a wince then smiled and the woman who had chastise him. "Ouch Tabby, that hurts. But it's your loss, Remember we open at sundown, so if you have any business to attend to do it before then." With that Etho left the building and Made his way to the Harvest Moon, one of the older and more popular tavern in all of Malam, it had opened when the town was just a small farming village. Walking into the Tavern and going straight to the bar, he called out to the Bar Keeper, "Hey Shekina! Can I get a draught? I'm in the mood for celebrating!"

Elsewhere, Natu had not forgotten his embarrassment of being driven out of his town by some kid, he was waiting to meet with a bounty hunter, he wanted that kid alive, if only to make him suffer, publicly.

GoblinFae

From the shadows a tall, cloaked figure watched as a nervous man fidgeted near the mouth of an alleyway. It amused the assassin how the potential employer kept checking about him, practically jumping at every person that passed by and completely unaware that the person he sought was standing deeper within the alleyway behind him.

The longer he waited the more impatient he became and in the assassin's opinion, the more willing to pay for services he would become. It was only when he grew so restless as to possibly leave that the figure, moving on silent feet approached him from behind and dragged him back into the alley a dagger at his throat.

Tiraris threw him forcefully against the opposite wall, staring at him in silence with glowing red eyes from beneath a heavy hood. She loved the way his pulse beat a fearful tempo in his jugular while she waited for him to realize who had caught him unawares before drawing away just as the anger surged through him.

"You're late," he hissed angrily, straightening his clothes and shooting furious glares at the tall assassin that nonchalantly leaned against the wall opposing him. "I've been waiting-"

"Since a quarter to the hour we agreed to meet, yes I know," she replied in a gravelly gender-neutral voice. Tiraris did not even look at him as she played with the tip of her dagger, inspecting it for sharpness while letting the fading sunlight to dance across its silvery sheen. "You did not really think I would let you be the first on here? I like to know who I am working for before I agree on a target."

Natu open and closed his mouth several times, flabbergasted as he tried to formulate a response. When it still did not come to him, he decided to proceed as if nothing had happened, clearing his throat and glancing about to confirm they were alone.

"The man I want you to-"

"The target," she interrupted with a scoff. "You really do not know how to handle this, do you? First time? I promise to be gentle," Tiraris whispered moments before the former captain of the guard's eyes bugged out and he began to choke and sputter.

"Just tell me where to find him and the price. Provided I am getting paid enough you can consider the job done. That is of course, you consider yourself man enough to let this continue."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zane

Natu recomposed himself, he would not allow himself to be intimidated by some mere hired muscle. He pulled out a small but heavy bag. "The target is Etho Logan, he is impossible to miss as he will be the only person dressed like it's blooming All Hollow's Eve, not to mention the only twenty something with grey hair. Twenty-five pieces of gold for the boy dead, but. I have something in mind for him. So if you bring him to me alive, it's two hundred and fifty gold pieces. Do we have a deal?"

-----

Etho was having a wonderful time, It seemed everyone in the Pub that night wanted to celebrate, and man did these people know how to party. Cannabis wrapped in papyrus was passed around like it were hors d'oeuvres, not to mention the aphrodisiacs floating around and how every so often two or three people would disappear into a back room, coming out about ten minutes later with their hair a disheveled mess and a fine sheen of sweat over them.

Yep, this was Etho's kind of party, though he steered clear of the aphrodisiacs, you could find him with a roll of the papyrus, smoking through his mask. He took bliss in the chaos of the party.

GoblinFae

To say the least, Tiraris was completely unimpressed with her employer. He was a coward who was too full of himself and his own self-importance. Men like him disgusted her. It was no wonder he had been chased out of town by a boy.

"Double or nothing. That amount of money is hardly worth my time as it is. What you are promising is pathetic. I do not offer charity. Are we agreed or should I head off for a more challenging hit with better pay?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]