Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Greetings, from a new player

Started by Rexamus El, March 01, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexamus El

Greetings to all,
I've been looking for a new role-play site for a while now, and i cant say how excited i am to have found a site that's highly active. I do have previous experience Rping. I was once a member of House of Hogwarts (a Harry Potter RP site, now sadly down). I have also Rped with people on the PS3.

I would though like to ask a few questions about creating a character.

1. I had in mind one character who was a Warrior Maid and leader of a small band of mercenaries. Her past i had in mind tends to be dark and highly mature. Now i read the newbie guide and rules: that this world does have sexism and a female warrior would be considered out of norm. I just wanted to check and see if this concept would be something acceptable.
2. i also had in mind a character who could change form. Perhaps from mortal to dragon? Your race section said we could create as such, but as with my previous question i'd like a confirmation on that.
3. and for my last question: Can we have more than one character?

Alegretto

Hey Rexamus, welcome to SotE. We're glad to have you here! XD

Now to answer your questions:

1) Female warriors are fine as long as you can find justification for their role. Keep in mind that their are many countries in this in-game world and some have different standards and gender norms than others.

2) Shape shifters are fine, though more often than not it's not humans who turn into dragons but dragons that turn into humans XD

3) You can have as many characters as you can make up.

Once again, welcome to SotE, I hope you enjoy your time here!

GoblinFae

Welcome!

Glad you could join us!

1) Yes of course! We accept characters of all kinds. I too have warrior females so you'll be fine. The dark and mature nature of her past is also alirght, we have members with that. I would only take care with how you word it in her profile. We do have members here that are minors and we want to keep them as safe as can be in the world of the interwebs. You can always put a disclaimer on the profile though so that people are aware of it :)

2)That is TOTALLY cool and acceptable. We have that too here. Basically if it fits into a magical medieval world and you don't break the site then you can do WHATEVER you want.

3) YES! You can have as many or as few characters as you want, no permission necessary unless you're making a character that would be a leader of one of our countries or a leader of the military.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. We're a friendly bunch and eager to assist. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Once you're ready to thread, just give us a shout and we'll have you playing in no time. Look forward to working with you in the future!

Happy writing!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Ivory

Since everyone else is tackling the questions, I am going to say hi.  Hi!!!

Cambie

There's a chat box at the bottom of the main forum page. You can find us there, causing trouble to no end.

Also, welcome!

Rexamus El

Those answers were of great help, Thanks!
Ill be sure to keep my fem warriors past dark but within the limits of minor present.
And the Dragon into a mortal never occurred to me, so Thanks for that too.
And once again thank you on straightening up the character number up for me.

I've already begun the process of making my first 3 characters. I wont revel them all at once, as id love to get them integrated and expand each ones story before introducing the next.

I'm excited about posting my first thread. I've read some of the work done on here and i'm really impressed. there's a lot of great writers and idealists on here; and i'm glad to have the chance to join you all. 

Codestar7

Pm anyone if you like the look of one of their characters. Ask them if they prefer to go as they feel or plot first. Most people will be willing to Roleplaying with you if they aren't too overloaded and if you ask nicely :p

You can find the plotting center Here!

The informations about what different countries do and don't like if you click.
Here :p

And lastly, A purple cat.

Welcome, and have fun!

Lion

Now that everyone's done all the hard work and answered your questions, allow me to greet you like this.

And say, Welcome to SotE!  I look forward to seeing your work and I hope you have a blast! (:

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Welcome to the site, Rexamus!
Hope you have fun here :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao