Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Taken Ranks

Started by Anonymous, May 30, 2007, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hello, I'm throwing a suggestion out here that might be helpful. I know it'll save me a lot of trouble for my next set of character creations.

I'm going to create a noble family of crazies and creatures (the house of Usher, yay) involved loosely or directly with the council of Necromantia, many being lords and ladies and such. However, with noble families, I'm afraid of taking ranks because I'm not sure if they're already taken or not.

To get to the point, I was wondering if maybe it might be a good idea to have a list of taken ranks with character names (and profile links, if we wanna get spiffy with it :3) included so that no one will be taking any one else's rank. For instance, something like this:
Connlaoth:

King - CharacterNameHere (www.zomgprofile.com) [PlayedByThisUser]
Queen - CharacterNameHere (www.zomgprofile.com) [PlayedByThisUser]
Blah blah - Bler [PlayedByThisUser]
So on - Blah [PlayedByThisUser]

Etc.

Knights:
- Name Here [PlayedByThisUser]
- Name Here [PlayedByThisUser]
- Blah blah [PlayedByThisUser]

Obviously, because whoever organizes the list can't go through every single Join post to find out who's what, we might make a thread where anyone who's anybody mentionable (people who have a rank and aren't just normal characters) can post saying "Hey! My character called "Blah" is a mordecai in Connlaoth!" and they'll get added to the Mordecai list for that country/province.

Just an idea. I know it sounds more complicated than it is, but I'm bad at explaining myself. >_> It would make creating characters of singular-availability ranks much less risky and confusing.

Rhindeer

Actually, that's a really good idea! x3

We did have something like that on SotE a year ago...only it was a total member's page, completely organized with ALL the characters on SotE. xDD Then it got too...high maintanance. >_>

But a page specfically about important ranks is a good idea! I think I'll go make one now. xDD Yay!

o.o I need to update a lot of areas anyway. x3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa